• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 369 Views, 2 Comments

AAE Seasonal Holidays - Animatorsnake



Equestria's most interesting thing to Anim is the familiar holidays that the ponies celebrate, as Anim joins Twilight and friends in the holiday spirit through Nightmare Night and more.

  • ...
 2
 369

A Night to Remember

An event that happens yearly in the great city of Canterlot, the Grand Galloping Gala, the Mane 6 have been to the Gala before… and from what Twilight and the others have said, it wasn’t a pleasant one. This year will be different for a number of reasons; it won’t be just the Mane 6 coming to the Gala this time, Discord, the CMC, Trixie, Derpy, Doctor Whooves, and Mina are also invited to this special event with the help of Anim. Thanks to Anim’s anonymous source of gaining the right amount of tickets for all his friends and family, everypony is questioning how Anim was able to get them, thinking he used magic of some sort, the tickets seem to be genuine tickets. The source of how Anim gained them isn’t important anymore, as the friends prepare to go to the Gala… but something more sinister is planned in the shadows of Canterlot.

Canterlot, 1830 hours, Canterlot Castle Entrance

Anim and company have arrived, nearing the castle’s entrance, waves of ponies from royalties to the common pony. This year’s Grand Galloping Gala is possibly the largest to ever be dated, the princesses try their best to organize the event as best they can, and luckily nothing major has gotten bad yet. “This is the biggest party, ever!” shouted Pinkie, hoping joyfully.

“Wonderful for you to have done this Anim,” said Rarity. “But still… how were you able to do this?”

Anim simply shrugged, and continued to trot off. Ponies waited to enter the sisters’ castle, and when the doors finally swung open, the party began. Since this year’s Grand Galloping Gala has gotten a lot more complex, the whole castle itself was accessible to the public, of course some areas were still off-limits but, that didn’t bothered many. “I’m honored that the princesses asked me to help out in the kitchen,” said Applejack.

“Oh~, I hope I get to meet the cute adorable animals here,” said Fluttershy.

“WELL I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET THE WONDERBOLTS… AGAIN!” shouted Rainbow, rushing inside.

“Well let’s not wait here, come on girls let’s go and enjoy ourselves,” said Twilight.

“Ahem, but if your forgetting, we’re here too,” said Discord, pointing out himself and Doctor Whooves.

“Don’t worry Discord, I promise that nopony will think badly of you,” said Fluttershy.

“Thank you Fluttershy,” said Discord.

Everypony entered inside and were amazed by the decorations and events set up by the princesses, with a little help from Pinkie of course. Amazed, the one pony who was truly ecstatic was Trixie. “Hey Little Star, you okay, you haven’t spoken ever since we arrived to Canterlot,” said Anim.

“WHY SHOULD I!? I’m here, in the castle which the princesses live in, and not to mention the GRAND GALLOPING GALA!” screamed Trixie, hugging Anim tightly. “THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU~!”

“Hey, this is the longest and probably the loudest you stopped speaking a third perspective,” said Anim.

Trixie realized sudden response, and stopped hugging Anim, slowly going to her usual “powerful” self. “Well… Trixie was just… excited, yes that what it was, excited Trixie was,” said Trixie, coughing.

Anim simply gave a small grin; oddly enough Anim realized that somepony or ponies in the group was missing. “Say… where is Mina and the fillies?” asked Anim.

Elsewhere, Mina and the CMC enjoy themselves by dancing, enjoying treats and snacks, and much more. Oddly enough before they came here, Mina remembers Anim telling her to not be seen by either of the princesses when they’re here. Curiously of this, Mina decides to get the CMC… in a little mischief. “Hey girls, I got an idea that would make this party… more interesting, so you in?” asked Mina.

“How come, the party seems fine already,” said Applebloom, stuffing another cupcake.

“Yeah, this has got to be the most fantastic party I’ve been in,” said Sweetie Belle.

“What they said,” said Scootaloo.

“Well… I just thought, that maybe if we made things more exciting, we’d make this the best party into the most, awesome, fantastic, greatest party, ever… but I see you’re not interested so~ I’ll take my leave,” said Mina, trotting away.

The CMC stop eating and look at each other than back at Mina, then at each other. Nodding in agreement they begin what would be the start of many troubles that day. In another part of the castle, earlier that night, Luna gazes upon the night sky, pondering how her dear Anim has been.

Canterlot, 1800 hours, Canterlot Castle, Luna’s Room

Luna sighed, staring at her starry sky. She heard of news that Anim was in… a relationship with somepony else, saddened but not upset for her to overreact, Anim may be immortal but he and Luna are in complete separate positions where they are. “I hope for the best for you… Anim,” said Luna.

“Luna, what’s taking so long?! We need to be downstairs in thirty minutes, quit moping and get of this room, right now,” said Celestia, her voice muffled from the door.

Celestia opens her sister’s room, and sees her leaning against the railing. She approaches Luna, making sure not to spook her. “Luna… are you, okay?” asked Celestia.

“Sister... have you felt that there’s somepony who’s perfect for you, but your both in positions in life that are completely different?” asked Luna, rambling.

“This has to do with Anim, doesn’t it,” said Celestia, with a disappointed look. “Luna his immortal too, so what’s the big deal!”

“The deal is that his not just immortal, but has bigger… no major bigger larger responsibilities than us! All I do is raising the moon when need be, control half a continent, assist ponies in their dreams, and occasionally go camping with the CMC once or awhile,” said Luna, continuing on. “While Anim… his a warrior whose seen things that nopony nor creature dares to see, fought in against armies that are made from the very nightmares of colts and fillies, allies and foes who both respect and challenge him in a daily basis, and is literally the only pony who’s not afraid of befriending a draconequus, an alicorn princess, and more! Now tell me Tia, WHAT’S WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE!?”

Celestia gave Luna a straight stare and simply placed both her hooves on Luna. She then slowly moved her eyes at Luna’s, and said… “THAT-DOES-NOT-MATTER!” shouted Celestia, shaking Luna. “Luna, Anim’s a pony now, not this… warrior you may be thinking of. When we first met him, yes he seemed harmless like a bunny, but is probably or maybe the strangest thing we have ever encountered. What I’m saying is… there’s no need to be afraid, his given up on his past… so go out there and have some fun.”

“Thank you sister, for encouraging me,” said Luna, hugging Celestia back, whilst crying. “Now… let’s get this party started!”

Present time, Canterlot Castle Ball Room

“I can’t do this, I want to go back to my room,” said Luna.

“Luna, what’s wrong this time?” asked Celestia, facehoofing herself.

“Well… I thought I get the chance to ask him on a dance… but he has a date, I can’t do that to him,” said Luna, cowering behind Celestia.

Sighing, Celestia pulls Luna with her, into a nearby table. “Luna, you met him before this pony. Besides you a princess, there’s nothing wrong with you dancing with somepony by your choice,” said Celestia, pulling Luna to her hooves.

“I… suppose not… but I… I—”

Celestia hushed her sister, and simply pushed her toward the dance floor. “Come you can do it Luna, so get there and dance with that stallion,” said Celestia.

Anim stepped onto the dance floor and was about to ask Trixie but… was interrupted. “So my Little Star, would like to da—”

“LOOK OUT!” said Trixie, pointing her hoof behind Anim.

Anim turns around, but before he could see what Trixie were pointing at, somepony lands and crashes right toward Anim. The two ponies stood up and look at each other to know who they fell on. “Luna… is that you, I haven’t seen you… well for a while!” said Anim, hugging Luna.

“It’s good to see you too, Anim,” said Luna. “C-c-could I, ask th-th-that you… dance with me?”

Anim looked at Trixie, and ask her if she was okay with this. “Trixie… you okay with this?” asked Anim.

“A-a-a of course Trixie is okay… Trixie is completely okay with this, Trixie feels no need to be… jealous or anything of the sort,” said Trixie, slowly leaving. “You two have a, lovely day.”

Trixie left immediately but watched behind a pillar, eyeing the two in secret, even though Luna could see her in plain sight. “I see she’s… interesting at the least, may I ask whom she is Anim?” asked Luna, curious.

“Long story but, she’s my special somepony... and please don’t panic right now,” said Anim. “Don’t want to make things turn worse now, do we.”

“Oh… well, I’m happy you found somepony, that you could be with… so… how you met,” said Luna.

“It involves a show and a whole lot of horrible honest decisions… but yeah, it ended well for the two of us. Then we met again in Ponyville, I hugged her, she hugged me, there was hugging everywhere… not really but you get the gist of it,” said Anim.

Luna giggled to Anim’s same old wacky way of making the atmosphere better. This calmed Luna, as the two continued to dance in a peaceful bliss. Celestia watched happily, Trixie watched shocked… and probably jealous, everypony danced, ate together, and had some laughs. Whilst elsewhere, Mina and the CMC decide to explore the one room that’s off limits, Celestia’s room. “Miss Mina…” said Applebloom.

“Just call me Mina, no need to be formal to me,” said Mina.

“Well, Mina, why are we here, there was a sign that said, ‘No trespassers’,” said Applebloom.

“I love doing crazy stunts, but something like this is going to get us more than just being grounded,” said Scootaloo.

“I’m more surprised why I haven’t thought of this,” said Sweetie Belle.

“There’s a reason why we’re here, I haven’t met the leaders of this nation, and not to mention Anim banning me from ever making contact with them, this is the closest thing to meeting them. Were just going to take a quick look, take some sort of journal or diary and leave, like that,” said Mina.

“Like that?” said the CMC.

“Like… that, now… time to find us some adventure,” said Mina, entering inside.

The CMC looked at one another, and followed Mina inside. At the castle’s garden, Doctor Whooves, Fluttershy, Discord, and Derpy enjoy the scenery… well mostly Fluttershy. “The last time I was here, the animals were scared of strangers. I didn’t knew this and overreacted the last time I came here, but I learned to be more patient,” said Fluttershy, petting the animals.

“How come I have to stay with you Fluttershy? I can handle myself no need for you to worry,” said Discord.

“Well I thought it be nice for us to be together…” said Fluttershy.

Discord looked at Fluttershy and sighed. “I’m sorry Fluttershy, but maybe we can try something I like… if that’s okay,” said Discord.

“That’s fine, as long you behave,” said Fluttershy, smiling.

The two smiled together, in the other part of the garden, Derpy and the Doctor watch. “Doctor Whooves, why are we watching them… in a bush,” said Derpy.

“I’m curious about this Discord fella; at first I thought he was unique resident in Ponyville. Nopony told me he was an ex-villain,” said Doctor Whooves.

“Well duh… can we go back inside, I haven’t gotten a bite of that delicious… sweet… muffin~,” said Derpy, drooling.

“Derpy, not again!” said the Doctor Whooves, wiping drool in his mane. “This is the fifth time this week.”

Finally, with the Mane 4, Rainbow, Pinkie, Rarity, and Applejack, sit and enjoy themselves in the party. “Whew, that was quick. I sold so many apple-based products, that I should bring a second cart,” said Applejack, taking a seat. “So… how has everypony been today?”

“Well Rainbow is still waiting for the Wonderbolts to arrive; apparently they’ve hit a sort of snag coming here. I’ve been doing fine, and met some wonderful stallions here, and Pinkie… she’s been doing fine,” said Rarity.

Applejack toward Rainbow who seemed bored out of her mind. When somepony tapped on Applejack’s shoulder, she turns around to meet a familiar customer from the last Gala. “Hey Applejack, do you still have some of those pies?”

Rainbow immediately recognized whose voice it was, looking up its Soarin. “Soarin, what are you doing here?! I thought the Wonderbolts had some emergency to handle?” said Rainbow.

“Oh we did, but they didn’t need everypony so some of us got to go ahead… speaking of being ahead, is there any more pie?” asked Soarin.

“Sorry Soarin, we ran out of pies, moments ago,” said Applejack.

When Soarin heard this, he went down into his hooves and shouted. “NOOOOOOOOO!” shouted Soarin.

“Don’t worry Soarin, I think I can help with your pie problem,” said Rainbow.

“How so…” said Soarin, still upset from lack of pie.

Rainbow nudged her friend Pinkie, and whispered something in her ear. Pinkie nodded and went through her mane; suddenly she pulled out a fresh baked pie. “But-but-but… HOW!?” said Soarin, amazed.

“That’s a secret,” said Pinkie.

Soarin relished in his pie, happy to eat his delicious pie. Afterwards, Soarin told Rainbow about this strange sudden emergency the Wonderbolts had to check out. “So we got this call from some anonymous source saying, that something big is going to happen… here, in Canterlot Castle today. We thought it was just a prank, but supposedly this source told us to, wait in a certain part of Canterlot and wait for this supposed incident,” said Soarin.

“Really, do the princesses know?” said Rainbow.

“No, this anonymous source told us not to mention this to anypony. The only reason I’m telling you this is because, this source gave us a clue about this big incident, and it involves your friend… Anim,” said Soarin. “I don’t know what’s going on, but all the recent events these last couple of months all connect to him in some way.”

Rainbow and her friends look at Soarin and, at one another. They each worry for the safety of their friends, and what incident that will happen in Canterlot Castle. Whilst elsewhere, far from Canterlot Castle, overlooking from the mountains… a shadowy figure lurks, waiting, planning… hunting. “One goal, five targets… one decision… your move is next.”

The figure reveals five small mirrors; within each mirror are five symbols. The first is a rainbow, the second is a moon, the third is a star, the fourth is a hourglass… the final one is a wolf. The rainbow symbol brightens, as the figure turns into a shadow and moves toward the castle. “They must not know.”

A few minutes have passed, everypony is enjoying themselves, and Rainbow is enjoying her time with Soarin. Luna continues to dance with Anim, while Trixie watches carefully, eyeing every moment. Then Derpy and Doctor Whooves enjoy themselves in the garden’s scenery. Finally with Mina and the CMC exploring Celestia’s room. “Found anything girls?” asked Mina, looking through.

“Nothing here,” said Scootaloo.

“How long have we been here?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Not that long, but I’m surprised we haven’t been caught,” said Mina, chuckling.

Searching the room, Applebloom finds something interesting. “I found something!” said Applebloom.

The girls move to Applebloom, and see what she found. When they take a better look, it’s a bunch of papers and notes of some kind, but something caught Mina’s eye about these notes. Taking a better look, the notes are entries on Anim. “Why would Celestia have notes on Anim…” said Mina.

Seeing what the entries say, a sudden chill creeps on Mina, as if something sinister is here. “Okay girls, maybe it’s time to go back to the others, we had enough fun now,” said Mina.

“Ah, but we were getting to know some stuff about Anim,” said Sweetie Belle.

Leaving Celestia’s room, Anim too notices this sudden chill. The only two who can sense this, and probably the only two that knows. “Excuse me Luna, but I need to go for one second. Thank you for this lovely dance with you,” said Anim.

“Uhm, sure Anim…” said Luna watching Anim leave.

“You took too long with that dance; Trixie thought you’d be with her for—”

“Sorry Trixie, something has come up, and I need to deal with it… pronto,” said Anim, his attitude changing.

As Anim left, Trixie was both surprised… and agitated. “That little, Trixie has waited for him to be done, and that’s how he responds to Trixie… you know what Trixie doesn’t need him, Trixie will find somepony else to dance with,” said Trixie, pouting away.

Once Mina and the CMC gotten to the ballroom, Anim pulled Mina away to speak with her. “You girls mind if I speak with Mina,” said Anim. “Okay thanks.”

“Sure…” said Applebloom, watching the two leave.

Leading Mina to a secluded part of the castle, they reach outside. Speaking alone about that sudden chill, they both look at one another. “Did you felt that?” said the two, synchronized.

“Okay you felt that, I felt that… but what was it?” asked Mina.

“Something big… and bad, whatever it is… I don’t think it came here for the cake. We need to find the others, find Twilight. I’ll go find Rainbow and maybe she might know where everypony else is,” said Anim.

The two separate and find their friends, while the shadow watches upon Rainbow and Soarin. The two pegasi, speak about their lives, Soarin with being in the Wonderbolts, and Rainbow with her life with Anim and at Ponyville. “You got to be kidding me, he did that for your birthday,” said Soarin.

“Yeah, he can overdo things… but he tries his best,” said Rainbow.

The shadow slowly moves toward Rainbow… ever closer, and then Anim appears while the shadow ran to its hiding spot. “Rainbow we got a… who’s this?” asked Anim.

“Oh this is Soarin, his one of the Wonderbolts. Soarin this is Anim, that friend I mentioned,” said Rainbow, introducing the two to each other.

“Nice to meet you,” said Soarin, extending his hoof.

Anim shakes his hoof, but continues why he came here. “Why was I here again… oh right, Rainbow we got a… dilemma. I got no time to explain, but… something big is going to happen,” said Anim.

“You know too!” said Rainbow.

“Yes and… wait, what you mean?” asked Anim.

“Well Soarin told me that the other Wonderbolts are waiting for something to happen, and when this happens… something big will happen,” said Rainbow.

“So… how do you know about this incident that will come,” said Soarin.

“Well, Mina and I felt… this chill… whatever this ‘incident’ may be… it’s not going to be quiet,” said Anim. “Come on, I might need your help you two.”

As Anim, Rainbow, and Soarin left, the shadow reforms into a figure, watching as the three leave. “She knows nothing… the moon… maybe?”

Meanwhile with Mina, she finds the others enjoying some fireworks outside. “Everypony… we… got a problem,” said Mina, taking deep breaths.

“What’s happening Mina?” asked Applejack.

“We might, be in trouble… where’s Twilight,” said Mina.

Everypony thought where she could be, then Discord answers. “Well the only place she would be is with Celestia… but what would be happening exactly,” said Discord, curious.

“I… I don’t know but, something… is here, and it wants somepony,” said Mina, her tone changing.

Everypony looked at one another, afraid what’s happening. “Uh, not to be rude… but where’s Derpy and her friend the Doctor?” asked Rarity.

Canterlot, 2000 hours, Canterlot Castle Entrance

“I told you that we shouldn’t touch those flowers,” said Derpy carrying the Doctor.

Doctor Whooves hiccups, nearly passed out from examining some odd blue flowers. Nearing the exit, they encounter somepony important. “Why hello there but, aren’t you one of Anim’s friends?” asked Luna.

“P-p-p-princess Luna… y-y-y-yes we are… but-but-but-but my friend here has gotten a little sick. I hope you don’t think we’re being rude by leaving so early now,” said Derpy.

“It’s okay… say, could I ask you something?” said Luna.

“Um sure, let me just put him down,” said Derpy, gently placing the Doctor down.

Resting Doctor Whooves on a bench, Luna and Derpy sit on the bench beside, the Doctor’s bench. “What would you like to know princess?” asked Derpy.

“Well… how long have you known Anim?” asked Luna.

As the two mares spoke, the shadowy figure moves up to their conversation, listening each inch of information. “Well I only knew him for… well since that incident at Canterlot and Ponyville. We don’t hangout often, but we know each enough to be friends… but Anim and the Doctor can go overboard with each other,” said Derpy, giggling.

“I see… Derpy… is their somepony you care for, as in love,” said Luna.

This was sudden and Derpy blushing a little. “Well… Doctor Whooves I suppose so…” said Derpy, realizing why Luna is asking. “Wait; don’t tell me you’re… YOU LOVE ANIM!”

Luna shushes Derpy immediately making sure nopony heard. “Please not so loud, if ponies knew this, they’d spread rumors like the plague. That and I don’t want ponies to know about him, if they knew about… what he really is, it would case panic,” said Luna.

“Don’t worry, Anim’s my friend I’d never do something like that to him,” said Derpy, moving Luna’s hoof from her mouth.

The two continue to talk, while distracted the shadowy figure moves up to Doctor Whooves. The shadow examines the Doctor, then stares ominously at the Doctor, but moves its gaze to Luna. “Neither seems to know… sleep as you may, be in comfort of one another… your end… no, your beginning will come.”

The shadow moves away to its next target, slowly closer to its objective. As the shadow left, Doctor Whooves opens his eye, and watches carefully at the shadow, as to what’s the shadow’s goal is. “Well, well, it seems we got ourselves an uninvited guess,” said Doctor Whooves.

“Doctor your awake… is something wrong?” asked Derpy.

“Derpy… and Princess Luna, we may be in danger. Something is maneuvering in the castle’s grounds, and we need to find out what it wants, it went that way!” said Doctor Whooves.

“An intruder, I need to alert my sister, go find your friends, they might know of this,” said Luna, flying off.

Luna heads off to warn Celestia, as Derpy and Doctor Whooves chase the shadow. Disarray and chaos occur, everypony is connected, and everything is connected, with Anim in the center of it all. Speaking of chaos, Discord see Trixie solemnly sit all alone, with Anim or anypony with her. “What’s with the frowny face,” said Discord, teasingly.

“Trixie doesn’t want to talk about it… well… maybe a little. Anim went to dance with Luna, but after they were done he leaves Trixie and Trixie’s left all alone… so much for having a good time,” said Trixie.

“Well he may be stubborn, but his got his reasons,” said Discord.

“And what reason is there to abandon Trixie!” said Trixie.

“Well… that for starters,” said Discord, pointing at the ominous black shadow.

Everypony surround the shadow, jumping to catch it, it slips past everypony, rushing toward Trixie. “WHAT IS THAT THING!?” shouted Trixie.

“Well it’s about to be cooked up that’s what,” said Discord, firing a blast of fire.

Expecting to be nothing but a burnt mark, the shadow jumps toward Discord, and sends him flying. It then moves toward Trixie, carefully looking into her pupils “Wha-wha-what does it want!?” said Trixie, frightened.

“Empty…” said the shadow, looking across the room. The shadow sees through the ponies, and walls… spotting a single purple aura amongst the crowd. The shadow rushes toward the figure, and it’s revealed to be Mina. “Found you.”

“Oh no you don’t!” said Anim, jumping onto the shadow.

Surprisingly the shadow does have a physical form, but not visible enough to see. The shadow simply throws Anim off, landing on his friends. Mina attempts to defend herself, throwing some hooves into the shadow, but simply faze through. The shadow grabs Mina and scans whatever may be in her mind… only to find nothing. “Not even you… surprising, but no unexpected. All no nothing, but someone does… a sixth… maybe…” said the shadow, contemplating.

Anim hurries to Mina’s side, checking her vitals. “Mina you okay!” said Anim.

“I’m fine… but what is that thing?” asked Mina, scared.

The shadow suddenly makes a mirror appear; on the mirror is what looks of a star… but with smaller ones around it. “You… of course… the one creature for Anim to lay eyes on… you’re the one,” said the shadow.

Once done seeing through the mirror, the shadow spirals upward through the ceiling. Unsure what happened, the Wonderbolts arrive, to see what’s happening. “Soarin, we say that from the other buildings. What was that thing!?” said Spitfire, shocked.

“I-I-I-I don’t know,” said Soarin.

“It could be a Vashta Nerada… but if it were there should have been a corpse or something,” said Doctor Whooves.

“Whatever a Vashta Nerada is, that wasn’t one… it was intelligent… and, familiar for some reason,” said Anim, trying to remember.

“Whatever it is, it’s heading toward Princess Celestia!” said Rainbow.

“Wait… where’s Twilight?” asked Applejack.

“She said she was with… Princess Celestia…” said Rarity.

“TWILIGHT!” shouted everypony.

Meanwhile on a balcony somewhere in the castle, Celestia and Twilight have a small conversation about everything… especially on Anim. “Twilight, you’ve done well on making Anim welcomed here,” said Celestia.

“Thank you princess, I try for him to enjoy some the festivities these past few months,” said Twilight.

“Indeed… I checked your guest list, those were a lot of ponies in your party,” said Celestia.

“Oh Celestia, if it’s Discord, my friend Fluttershy wanted him to come and,” said Twilight.

“That’s not what I mean. Some of the ponies I recognize, others… not so much, but there was one in particular in your party that interested me… Minalia Xis?” said Celestia, eyeing her apprentice.

Twilight knew that Celestia was catching up that there was more than one inter-dimensional being in the castle. Twilight gulped waiting for Celestia’s answer… only for Luna to barge through the doors of Celestia’s room. “Sister, there’s an emergency!” shouted Luna.

“What’s wrong Luna?” asked Celestia.

“Did Anim accidently used one of his prototype spells,” said Twilight.

“No his… wait proto-what-spells?” said Luna, getting distracted.

“Ahem, sister,” said Celestia.

“Oh right, there’s an intruder in the castle and his… it’s looking for somepony,” said Luna.

“What does this intruder look like?” asked Celestia.

“Well, it’s a black massive looking shadow, at first it was small but began to grow over time,” said Luna.

“L-l-like th-th-that one…” said Twilight, pointing her hoof.

Luna turned around and saw the shadow has grown… and changed. Luna felt the same angry she had as Nightmare Moon, and it all directed toward Twilight. “SISTER GET TWILIGHT OUT BEFORE—”

The shadow sends Luna and Celestia into the air and outside, once outside the shadow envelops Celestia’s room into an impenetrable bubble that’s made of shadow. The shadow then transforms into a pony’s shadow. “What… what are you?” asked Twilight, stumbling.

“You know me… you don’t know me… met we have, but you know not of my name. Hidden and never to be known, we met… you did pick me up in that crash,” said the shadow.

Twilight didn’t understand what was happening, she tries to remember meeting this… thing, but nothing comes to mind. “I… I don’t remember meeting you,” said Twilight.

“You haven’t forgotten… you just don’t realize what I really am… what he really is…” said the shadow.

“…He…” said Twilight.

“You’re the only one he speaks; you two are simple friends… comrade maybe, but indeed friends. He told you most secrets he wouldn’t speak to any living creature… but why? He taught what he learnt, and you taught him your world…” said the shadow. “Yet, he knows you snoop through his things, his memories, his thoughts… I know your leader, Celestia, been watching him, to send information on him to her… but you lie… for something that can’t make a heartbeat.”

Twilight was so confused what this thing is, but before she could answer, the shadow moves up to Twilight, staring with a vicious look. “There are some secrets that can’t be told… I wished to not do this… but if it’s for him… I would do it…” said the shadow. “They must not know… NO ONE MUST KNOW!”

“And what would that be?”

The shadow turns around as Twilight looks too his speaking. Appearing out of nowhere, Anim leaves his little hiding spot. “ANIM!” said Twilight. “But how did you…”

“Hey, I’m Anim… that and I might have broken a hole through your barrier,” said Anim, pointing at the open hole.

“Doesn’t matter… she must vanish,” said the shadow.

“Says who, you? If you think twice, or even thrice of harming her or any of my friends… you’ll wish that you weren’t born,” said Anim, moving closer.

Silence falls upon everypony, but the shadow responds with an insane laughter. “You think that your threat can scare me… and to clarify, I wasn’t born at all,” said the shadow. “I was created to protect him…”

Once the shadow had its focus on Anim Twilight quickly left, moving to Anim. But before she could get near, the shadow sends three spikes toward Twilight. Anim however destroys the spikes with a simple swift of his horn, shattering them with a blast of his horn. “Got anything else in your sleeves this time?” said Anim, taunting the shadow.

“I would… if I had sleeves, but enough is enough I suppose… this game has to end sooner or later,” said the shadow. “But remember this… I know what you are… and you will never know,” said the shadow.

The shadow removes the barrier, Luna and Celestia rush in and try to attack the shadow, but it simply goes pass them and hovers in the air. Leaving the castle’s vicinity, Anim’s asks it one final question before the shadow left. “Wait… who’s this him, and what does he have to do with me?” asked Anim.

The shadow stood still in the air, slowly turning to face Anim. “…Whether what I say is a lie or not… you can’t deny it. This him I protect… is the same him I’m looking at,” said the shadow, staring at Anim.

A sudden chill came up to Anim’s spine, the shadow faded away… leaving with a few final words. “Even honesty can be cruel and dark,” said the shadow. “Never forget that.”

An eerie silence befell Canterlot that night… the residents left after the sudden event. Was this the incident that was promised to happen, how is everypony that know Anim connected to him as well. Shattered of everything he believed in… Anim’s world has fallen apart… and is closing ever near to the same demise, he tried to avoid. “Anim… what did that thing mean, how does it know you?” asked Twilight, approaching her friend.

“It means… goodbye, forever,” said Anim, teleporting away.

Anim teleported before Twilight could catch him, gone… Anim disappears for a week… never to be seen… until that day came… the day when honesty became, Anim’s enemy.

Author's Note:

...The end finale... of the beginning of another end finale... so I guess that makes it a end-ception (jokes aside). AAE:SH is officially... over... but that doesn't mean it's over over, I could make bonus chapters... when the moment is to be needed, but for now... thank you for reading my story for another one... is about to begun.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment