• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 369 Views, 2 Comments

AAE Seasonal Holidays - Animatorsnake



Equestria's most interesting thing to Anim is the familiar holidays that the ponies celebrate, as Anim joins Twilight and friends in the holiday spirit through Nightmare Night and more.

  • ...
 2
 369

Twinkle Day (Edited)

Author's Note:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWILIGHT! This is going to be an interesting month, I hope you enjoy today's new chapter.

P.S. This chapter and probably a few others may be felt rushed, since I'm losing ideas and being pressured with a few... problems.

Ponyville, Golden Oaks Library; 5:00am

“Today seems very chilly, I should wear my scarf today,” said Anim to himself.

The pegasi started bringing clouds filled with snow since the winter season has started a week ago, Anim had heard but today was special and he had no idea why; as Anim headed downstairs he wore his scarf and boots to take a small stroll outside. Making sure not to wake up anyone when he heard a light knock or two on the door, as Anim approached the door and opened it with his magic, it was Pinkie who was knocking.

“Hey Anim, how are you doing?” asked Pinkie, in her cheerful mood.

“Fine, but what are you doing here this early?” asked Anim.

“I could ask you the same,” said Pinkie in response. “But I need your help with something, quick follow me.”

Anim was confused but followed Pinkie as he locked the door to the library behind him; as Pinkie and Anim walked through Ponyville's streets, the path was covered in a blanket of snow as Anim looked everywhere seeing nothing but white. As Pinkie and Anim reached Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie rushed to the kitchen and brought back a list of some sort and gave it to Anim which was titled, ‘Pinkie’s Party Planner’.

“Is it somebody's birthday?” asked Anim.

“Uh huh, but not anypony but Twilight's birthday!” said Pinkie, but quickly put a hoof on her muzzle making sure she didn't woke up the Cakes.

Really, if so I'm guessing the others know too correct,” said Anim.

Pinkie nodded trying her best to be quiet, she removed her hoof from her muzzle and pointed at the list as Anim looked down on it.

“The list has some things I need you to get, this has to be done before nine o'clock, okay,” said Pinkie.

“I see and I'm guessing everyone is preparing a gift for Twilight, so then what am I trying to get exactly?” asked Anim, still unsure about the plan.

As Pinkie showed Anim the list, it had some boxes on the left and on the right were objects for the party like, muffins, confetti paper, balloons and some other party supplies.

“While you collect this stuff, me and the girls will set up the party here at Sugarcube Corner, now let's start this party,” said Pinkie.

As Anim headed outside, his first destination was to get some muffins and beside the item was a note that said Derpy bakes the best muffins around, on the other side of the list was a map of Ponyville and on the map was a blue square which was highlighted to be the Doctor's home, so Anim thought maybe Derpy might be staying with the Doctor. As Anim reached Doctor Whooves home or whatever it was, he knocked on the door which had the words “Police Box” on the blue box, somepony answered the door and it was no other than Derpy.

“Oh hello Anim, what brings you here so early?” asked Derpy, looking outside noticing it's snowing. “Oh my it's snowing, quick come inside.”

As Derpy led Anim inside, Anim realized it was more bigger in the inside but however this didn't surprise him the slightest, inside he saw some sort of console in the centre as it made some dings and dongs. As Anim looked around the strange contraption, he heard a familiar voice which was none other than the Doctor, as Anim turned around he met face to face with the Doctor who gave him a curious look.

“Derpy, may I ask why Animatorsnake is here?” asked Doctor Whooves, focusing his gaze on Derpy now.

“Well he...” Derpy said but trailed off not knowing why either, “actually yes, why are you here Anim?”

“Well, Pinkie gave me this list and told me to collect the items on this list for Twilight's birthday and my first item to get is well... muffins from you Derpy,” said Anim.

“Really!” said Derpy, showing that she's happy that Anim came here for her help. “I'd love to make some muffins and maybe we could help you get those other items on your list.”

“Really and how are you going to do that?” asked Anim.

“Let me explain that,” said Doctor Whooves, “you see this beauty here is the TARDIS...”


One hour of explaining what the TARDIS is later – Inside the TARDIS; 6:00am

“So the TARDIS... is a time machine...” said Anim, looking deeply into Doctor Whooves eyes.

“Amazed aren't you,” said Doctor Whooves, in a prideful pose.

“Well not really, seeing strange anomalies is basically a regular thing to me and this ain't near to the more stranger occurrences that happened to me before,” said Anim.

Doctor Whooves crossed his hooves and looked away from Anim, but Derpy intervened and spoke that the TARDIS can take Anim anywhere to any time, to find the stuff on his list more quicker than the method that Anim was thinking of. As Anim thought for a good minute about this decision, he decided it could work, so as Anim, Derpy and the Doctor travelled through time and gathered the items on Anim's list; as it felt like weeks, only an hour and thirty minutes went by as they went on their little scavenger hunt.


Outskirts of Ponyville; 7:30am

The area where the TARDIS was before, a strange noise appeared as the blue box reappeared on the spot it was on previously, coming out of it was Anim, who was covered in a strange residue which didn't faze him the slightest, but as for the others Derpy looked worse from wear as the strange residue covered her everywhere, as for Doctor Whooves laughed in joy being happy with the experience.

“Did we really need to go through that thing's nose... just like that?” asked Derpy, shaking the residue.

“Well... not really,” said the Doctor in response.

“WHAT!” shouted Derpy, as she shook the Doctor. “Then why did we do it!?”

“Well it was either through the mouth which would of been dangerous or... the natural way,” said Doctor Whooves, as he moved his gaze away from Derpy.

Derpy gave a confused look not understanding Doctor Whooves but Anim went near her ear and whispered what the Doctor was talking about, after hearing it she shivered about the thought.

“I think I rather go through the nose any day,” said Derpy, “but now we got all the items we need, now we can celebrate Twilight's birthday... by the way, what time is it?”

“It should be...” said Anim, as he looked up at the sky, as he saw the sun beginning to rise. “7:30am right now, only an hour and thirty minutes until the birthday, it should be at Sugarcube Corner.”

As they headed to Sugarcube Corner with the items they brought with them, they entered inside to see everypony setting up everything just in time.

“Anim, you’re finally here, what took you so long?” asked Rainbow Dash, as she hovered in front of Anim.

“I was... busy,” said Anim with a grin. “I also brought these back with some help.”

Anim used his magic as he brought in some bags, full of exotic items which – Doctor Whooves said – are birthday stuff from different worlds, Pinkie looked at them and gave a hoof up which Anim couldn't tell if it resembled a thumbs up or a high five, but Anim just gave a smile as Pinkie gave a smile back too.

“Thanks for getting this stuff Anim, Derpy could you help with me in the back?” asked Pinkie, as she looked at Derpy.

Derpy nodded and followed Pinkie into the kitchen while everypony else helped setting up all the tables and balloons, but Anim had another job to do.

“Anim would you head to Twi's and tell her to come here, but remember not to give her any hints why,” said Applejack, as she carried a table to one spot.

“Sure,” said Anim, as he left the building and headed to Twilight's.

As Anim walked to Twilight's he realized he hadn't created or got any gift for Twilight, worrying he had to think of something, then he looked at his tome and had an idea which he knew wouldn't be any threat to anypony; as Anim quicken his paste to Twilight's, he arrived at the door as somebody opened it before he could.

“Oh hey Anim,” said Spike as he wore a fluffy hat.

“I'm guessing your heading to the party,” said Anim, as he noticed a gift on Spike's claws. “You’re also bringing a gift, so what is it?”

“You'll see soon, well good luck waking Twilight,” said Spike, as he dashed to Sugarcube Corner.

As Anim entered the library, he closed the door but kept his scarf and boots on instead of removing them, as he headed upstairs he quietly entered Twilight's room, not trying to wake her. As Anim headed up more stairs to her bed, he saw Twilight sleeping under the warm blankets, he gently opened the curtains to reveal the warmth of the sun, as some snow still continued to fall down. Twilight opened her eyes gently as she rose up and stretched her hooves as she saw Anim, she gave a yawn and gave Anim a drowsy look.

“Good-” said Twilight as she yawned again, “morning, Anim.”

“Good morning, Twilight,” said Anim.

“So what brings you to my room anyway?” asked Twilight, rubbing her eye with her hoof.

“I know I can't lie to you but... could you maybe follow me?” asked Anim.

Twilight gave Anim a curious look but played along, as she nodded and came off her bed, she followed Anim downstairs and wore her scarf, hat, boots and a saddle but before she headed outside with Anim, he pulled out something in front Twilight.

“I need you to put this on your eyes for now,” said Anim, as he used his magic to levitate a piece of cloth, “please?”

Twilight wanted to ask why, but knowing Anim can't and will never lie, she nodded as Anim placed the cloth on her eyes, blindfolding her as Anim guided her somewhere unknown.

“Where are we going?” asked Twilight.

“You'll see,” said Anim as he helped Twilight to their destination.

As Twilight was led wherever Anim is leading her, they make a halt after a few minutes later, as Anim slowly removed her blindfold the first thing she heard was a loud noise and what she saw shocked her.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWILIGHT!” shouted everyone as they started blowing on some party whistles.

“Girls...” Twilight said in a hushed voice as tears started flowing from her eyes when she felt a hoof on her.

“Happy B-Day, Twinkles,” said Anim as he gave Twilight a warmth smile.

Twilight was so happy she nearly crushed Anim when hugging her, she stopped when she noticed Anim changing from red to blue suddenly, she let him go and helped to his hooves as everyone partied with Twilight.

“Let's get this party started!” said Pinkie as she blasted her party cannon sending confetti everywhere.

As everyone partied, they brought out the cake, ate some pieces, played some games, then finally came the gifts at last, first one was Rainbow Dash.

“Here you go Twi,” said Rainbow as she gave Twilight her gift.

It was shaped as a book as Twilight ripped the gift open and found a Daring Do book which hasn't been released to the public yet, Twilight wanted to know how but Dash told her it was a secret; the next ponies were Rarity, who gave her a beautiful tiara which had beautiful gems as it shimmered when Twilight used her magic. Next was Applejack who gave Twilight a seed packet of sugar apples, which were super rare seeds where the tree is the size of your hoof but the apples are so delicious that if you pick them from the tree, the tree disappears afterwords. After AJ was Fluttershy, who gave her a book on mythical creatures from beyond Equestria, which had a cute bookmark of a bunny; then there was Pinkie who gave her a delicious-looking cupcake and gave her the recipe too if she wanted to make some at home. Next was Doctor Whooves and Derpy who both gave Twilight, a book on astronomy which was made by a friend of Doctor Whooves and a globe which had a star in it, but finally was Spike's gift.

“Here Twilight, I hope you like it,” said Spike as he waited for Twilight to unwrap it.

Inside the box was a gem that was carefully sculpted, which had a baby dragon and a unicorn which represented Twilight and Spike together, Twilight hugged Spike for the gift, but then there was one pony who hadn't given a gift.

“Oh darling, Anim don't tell me you forgot to get Twilight a gift,” said Rarity.

“It's okay Rarity, Anim was busy helping get the supplies for the party, so I don't think he had the time to find a gift, thank you Anim for helping with the party,” said Twilight as she smiled at Anim.

“Actually, I did brought a gift,” said Anim.

“You did, then where is it?” asked Twilight, confused.

“I haven't made it yet,” said Anim with a mischievous look on his face.

Suddenly Anim's horned glowed as his magic surrounded his tome, an object appearing beside his tome that looked identical like his tome as it was levitated in front of Twilight.

“What is this?” asked Twilight as she looked at the journal.

On the journal was Twilight's initials while on the back had Twilight's cutie mark, she looked inside and it looked like an ordinary journal, when suddenly a bunch of words appeared on its pages.

“You impressed yet?” said the journal.

“Whoa what was that?!” said Rainbow as she hovered close.

“That journal is an identical clone of my tome, I can use my tome to communicate with you Twilight if we were far from each other, however that’s all it can do other than writing notes and such, if you want to communicate with me, simply send a piece of your magic into the journal and write down what you want to write down,” said Anim, as he showed Twilight.

“This is... thank you Anim,” said Twilight as she hugged Anim.

“Your welcome, Twinkles,” said Anim.

“Okay, what's with the nicknames?” asked Twilight as she curiously eyed Anim.

“Well since I've been with you guys for nearly three months, I thought I give you guys nicknames,” said Anim.

“Really, what are they?” asked Fluttershy.

“Well, Twilight's is Twinkles, Rarity's is Rares, yours Fluttershy's is Flutters, Rainbow Dash's is Dashie, Applejack's of course is AJ, Pinkie's is Pinks,” said Anim.

“Oh oh oh, what about me?” asked Spike who wanted a nickname.

“Well... I do have one for you but, I don't know,” said Anim.

“Come on, how bad can it be?” asked Spike.

“Well okay, your nickname Spike is... Spikey,” said Anim as he rubbed his head.

Spike stared at Anim, disappointed of his nickname, but Derpy seemed interested and wanted one too.

“What about me and the Doctor?” asked Derpy.

“Well Doctor Whooves doesn't need a nickname because, I can call him Doc, Doctor, or Whooves, but for you Derpy...” said Anim as he thought of a nickname. “How about Silver, your fur looks like the metal silver.”

“Ohhh, I love that one, yeah Silver,” said Derpy as she said her new nickname.

“Well, today was a wonderful day, thank you all for this,” said Twilight.

Everyone nodded in agreement, Pinkie continued the music as they continued to celebrate Twilight's birthday, Pinkie sneaked up to Anim.

“Yeah Pinks, what's up?” asked Anim.

“Well next week is another birthday, Spike's in specific, that's why can you...” said Pinkie as Anim stopped her from continuing.

“Sure Pinkie,” said Anim.

“Thanks,” said Pinkie, as she hopped back with the others.

Everyone partied that day where only joy, smiles and laughs were ever heard that day and next week was going to be the same... or was it?