• Published 22nd Oct 2015
  • 369 Views, 2 Comments

AAE Seasonal Holidays - Animatorsnake



Equestria's most interesting thing to Anim is the familiar holidays that the ponies celebrate, as Anim joins Twilight and friends in the holiday spirit through Nightmare Night and more.

  • ...
 2
 369

The Definition of Family

Author's Note:

In celebration of the episode "Family Appreciation Day", I'm using more characters than usual for this character to fit with the chapter. This chapter will have more of an serious tone than it's intended ones, but this is for the sake of story development, so me adding other genres is sometimes my thing, but I'll do my best to add more of the main genres, so enjoy.

Anim has been here for four months now, and has seen and knows most of the regular things about Equestria now… but there’s one holiday that seems to disturb him a lot… more than any other holiday. Today like any other day was the same… except there we’re more ponies lively than ever, today was “Family Appreciation Day” or also called “Family Day”. The day is mainly focused on the fouls of Equestria as a school project for them, but today’s festivities may be more different than usually planned.

The day started with everypony doing their usual festivities, being with family. The Apple family is making their famous zap apple jam, Rarity is going to be with her sister and buy some of the jam. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo are going to Cloudsdale to see the Wonderbolts performing, with only Pinkie, Fluttershy, Twilight, and Anim the remaining ones left who aren’t busy in the event. Pinkie’s family is busy, that and Pinkie are organizing some parties in Ponyville, Fluttershy is staying home, then there’s Twilight and Spike. Twilight decides to organize some new books that came to the library yesterday, with the help of Spike and Anim, but sometimes things don’t go as planned.

Ponyville, Golden Oaks Library, 9:30am

“And done, we’re almost done with putting away all the books,” said Twilight, wiping her head.

“Some new material to read, I was getting bored and thought I had to fine my own entertainment,” said Anim, lifting one book with his magic.

“Say Twilight, why aren’t with everypony else for today?” asked Spike, carrying some more books into the room.

“Spike, its family day… I think it’s best for our friends to be with family instead,” said Twilight.

“What about Rainbow then?” said Spike.

“Rainbow’s like a sister to Scootaloo, and it seemed Scootaloo’s parents seemed to be busy. It was nice of Rainbow to bring Scootaloo with her,” said Twilight. “Now, we have more books to stack.”

“Well… okay,” said Spike.

As they continued to shelf more books, Twilight used her magic to pull out one specific book, the gift that Anim gave her on her birthday, her journal. The second Twilight received the gift, from day one she has been writing down what she’s been doing every day. Twilight writes down today’s date and what’s happening on that day, as she writes it down a knock on the door can be heard.

“I got it,” said Anim, opening the door. “Hello, who is it?”

“It’s me Anim, Rarity. Can we come inside?” asked Rarity, with Sweetie Belle standing beside her.

“Sure, come in Rare,” said Anim.

“Thank you Anim,” said Rarity, followed by Sweetie Belle with a wagon with some jam on it.

“Oh Rarity, what brings you here?” said Twilight, finishing writing her journal.

“Just wanted to see my friends that’ all, and I brought some jam for you too,” said Rarity using her magic, floating one of the jars to Twilight. “Since you were busy organizing your library, I thought that I would bring one of these to you.”

Twilight caught the jar with her magic and handed to Spike, and asked Spike to put it away while to make some tea too. While Spike went to put the jar away and make some tea, the mares sat down and talked a little, while Anim was occupied with Sweetie.

“Hey there Sweet Bell, how’s my buddy doing,” said Anim, crouching down to her height.

“Fine Anim,” said Sweetie Belle, who turned her head and faced Anim. “I mean, special cutie mark crusader Anim.”

“To you too, cutie mark crusader Sweetie Belle,” said Anim doing a salute.

The two look at each other and laugh, afterwards Spike returns with the tea. While Spike, Sweetie, and Anim enjoy tasting some jam and playing some games, Twilight and Rarity have a quick discussion about today.

“So Rarity…” said Twilight, taking a sip of her tea. “Why did you actually come here? I thought you said you we’re going to be with your sister no matter what for today.”

Rarity continued to drink her tea, and lightly placed it down on the table, facing Twilight. “Well one of the reasons was that Sweetie wanted to see how Anim was doing… especially after what had happened at the New Year…” said Rarity, shivering from the thought.

“Please, don’t remind me. But why are you really here other than… that,” said Twilight, taking another sip.

“Well, it’s about what you told us when you escaped Anim when he was drunk. You mentioned that, when he fell asleep he was talking to you in his sleep and thought you were this… Kimila pony,” said Rarity, focusing her gaze on Twilight.

“Yes I remember, why?” asked Twilight.

“Well if I remember, didn’t Anim mention he had no family and his truly honest… so does that mean he lied,” said Rarity.

Twilight stopped for a second of what Rarity has said, even though they only known Anim for a few months, they definitely know his not the type to not lie. Twilight continued thinking of this and looked at Anim who was busy with Spike and Sweetie Belle.

“Well from what Anim was saying, Anim acts like a brother to this pony. But I’m positive their not actual family, still it’s sad that Anim is the only pony in his family,” said Twilight.

“I see… I feel wrong for reminding of this,” said Rarity, looking down on her tea. “But… I had an idea about Anim.”

“An idea, what sort of an idea?” asked Twilight, moving closer to Rarity.

Rarity whispered into Twilight’s ear about hanging out with Anim, while Pinkie and Fluttershy can prepare something at Sweet Apple Acres to surprise him. Twilight smiled at the idea in agreement, they stood up and told Anim that they should join in the festivities too.

“Really… well if you say so,” said Anim. “Come on Sweetie, let’s go and play some of those games you mentioned.”

“Awesome, come on Anim!” said Sweetie, heading outside with Anim following.

The group explored some parts of Ponyville, seeing families playing and enjoying themselves, while this was happened the remaining members of the Mane 6 prepared the surprise party. Even though they are all friends, Anim slowly felt like he was in a family… back when he was with his old friends, as they enjoyed themselves Twilight remembered when she was with her family on this special family, smiling to herself about the memory. When they turned one corner, Twilight heard a familiar voice… too familiar.

“Twiliy, it’s you!” said a stallion’s voice.

“It can’t be,” thought Twilight, turning her head to find the source of the voice.

Amongst the overcrowded market, Twilight saw somepony she thought to not see again… her BBBFF, Shining Armor. With him was his wife Princess Mi Amore Cadenza or Princess Cadence in short, behind her was Twilight’s parents, Twilight Velvet and Night Light. The second Shining Armor saw her; he rushed over and gave her a big brotherly hug, everypony greeted each other… except for Anim who was confused by the sudden events.

“Uh Twinkles, who are these ponies, not to be rude of course?” said Anim, still surprised by what happened.

“Oh right,” said Twilight, signaling her brother to let her go. “Anim this is my family, the one who hugged me was Shining Armor, his wife and my step-sister Princess Cadence, and my parents Twilight Velvet and Night Light.”

“Greetings Anim… and who might you be?” asked Shining, curious.

“A yes my manners,” said Anim, “my name is Animatorsnake, I’m friends with your sister Twilight Sparkle, and are temporarily staying in her quarters.” Afterwards Anim bowed down in front of royalty, both at Shining and Cadence, now realizing they are both a prince and princess.

“I see… wait what?!” said Shining, realizing what Anim has said. “Your saying you’re staying at my sister’s home?”

Twilight has realized what Anim has said, and her brother is getting the wrong idea about Anim now. Trying her best not to cause a ruckus, Anim responds to Shining about his question, causing her fears to grow ever bigger.

“Um yes, is there something wrong with th—” said Anim, who was suddenly pinned to the ground.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!” said Shining who was nearly about to choke Anim.

“What did I say, all I said was qua—” said Anim, as Twilight shoved a hoof into his mouth and began smiling at her brother.

“Heh, what a joker right,” said Twilight, giving off a weak laugh.

Before Shining could do anything, Cadence pulled him away with her magic. She then looked toward at Twilight with a concerned look, for both her and her… new friend.

“May we go talk at the library,” said Cadence.

“Su… sure, we can go,” said Twilight. “Rarity I have to—”

“Don’t worry, I’ll meet you later, you know where to find me,” said Rarity, leaving towards Sweet Apple Acres with Sweetie Belle.

“Bye Anim,” said Sweetie, waving at Anim.

“Buh,” said Anim, trying to speak with Twilight’s hoof in his mouth.

After Twilight’s family headed to the library, they sat down… and waited for a few minutes as Twilight prepared a few drinks and food.

Ponyville, Golden Oaks Library… again, 11:15am

“So… Twilight,” said Cadence. “How was your… day?”

“Fine…” said Twilight, staring at her tea.

“I’m sure it is,” said Shining, staring at Anim who was too busy reading a book.

“So anyway, Twilight are you dating this Anim fella?” asked Velvet, who looked at the two.

“MOM!” shouted Twilight.

“So… is that a yes?” said Velvet.

“What I would like to know is, why you didn’t tell us you were with a stallion,” said Night.

“It’s not what it looks like I swear, I can explain,” said Twilight, trying to fix the situation she’s in.

Twilight tried to explain herself, but was in such stress for the last few days after the drunken Anim incident, she doesn’t have anything to say. But before she could speak, Anim placed his hoof on her muzzle as he gently patted her on the head and placed his book down to face Twilight’s family, eye to eye.

“Before you start to think, let me just say something,” said Anim, acting serious.

Everypony suddenly felt intimidated by Anim, as if the wrath of the sun has appeared before them. Even Twilight felt intrigued by the sudden change in Anim’s tone, when Anim began to spoke… the situation changed again.

“What exactly did I say wrong when we met?” said Anim, back to his usual self.

Twilight simply facehoof herself in disappointment of what Anim had said, but when her family reacted the first to speak was her father, and what he said was unexpected.

“Well at least your boyfriend, knows how to change the atmosphere,” said Night.

“I’m sorry sweetie if, I asked questions you felt uncomfortable to ask after what happened at the market,” said Velvet.

“He seems nice,” said Cadence.

“I still don’t like him,” said Shining.

“No I’m serious, what exactly did I say wrong back at the market?” said Anim, now confused.

Twilight moved to Anim’s ear and whispered what he said wrong, in Equestria some words could have a different meaning, for example the words plot, hind, quarters, and more in Equestria for ponies means… butts. After hearing this, Anim blinked a few times and after a few seconds of silence, Anim suddenly laughing uncontrollably and began trotting away back to his room.

“I can’t believe that word means,” said Anim, continuing to laugh to his room.

“Is he alright?” asked Cadence.

“I guess you should know about Anim now and that his not… normal,” said Twilight.

Twilight told her family that Anim was a being from another world and appeared at Ponyville after Shining Armor and Cadence’s wedding when a massive meteor crashed at Ponyville. Inside the meteor was Anim, and has been living in Ponyville and with Twilight for four months now, surprising her family took it well… except for her brother.

“HOW COME YOU NEVER MENTIONED HIM TO US BACK AT THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE!” shouted Shining

“Well for starters, we were running from a shadow monster, an empire long forgotten appeared out of nowhere, the return of an evil king was coming back, and we needed to find the crystal ponies’ ancient artifact, the crystal heart. So there was no time to be talking about my life at Ponyville was there!” said Twilight, breathing heavily from explaining.

“Now Shining, Twilight has been through a lot. She’s been taking care of an all-powerful being, while all you are doing is lazily sitting in a castle,” said Velvet.

“But I’m taking care of a whole nation!” said Shining.

“Don’t but, me mister!” said Velvet.

“Well… can’t he live somewhere else?” said Shining, wondering why Anim can’t do that.

“Well… Anim’s… special,” said Twilight, tapping her hooves together.

“Oh his special now, how come I haven’t heard of him from Princess Celestia!?” said Shining.

“Actually I received some letters from Aunt Celestia. Some of them mentioned about Anim, and that he might be dating Aunt Luna,” said Cadence, pulling out some letters.

“WHAT!?” said Shining grabbing the letters with his magic, reading them carefully.

“I… I, oh no,” said Twilight, placing her face on her hooves.

When Shining Armor began reading the letters, they mentioned about Anim’s recent activities from the previous months. The letters says that Anim is a being from another world, and has no memory of his past, some incidents that had happened across Equestria like the strange meteor storm that happened a few months ago may have something to with him. After finishing reading these letters, Shining looks at Twilight then back at the letters, then back at her before placing the letters on the table.

“His going to Tartarus,” said Shining.

“What you can’t do that,” said Twilight.

“Oh yes I can, and I have proof. And another thing, Cadence how come you didn’t give this to me yet?” asked Shining, wondering why his only heard this now.

“Well actually, these letters just came today. The mail service has been having issues sending letters to the Crystal Empire, so I thought I would bring them with us when we went to visit Twilight,” said Cadence, explaining why.

Shining rubbed his eyes and looked at Twilight in disappointment. Before he could respond, Anim returns snickering a little, calming down as he sat beside Twilight.

“So… what I missed?” said Anim, laughing under his breath.

“What’s so funny?” asked Shining.

“Nothing… well what Twilight told me, was funny. But I guess I need to properly introduce myself,” said Anim.

“Don’t worry, I have enough information about you already,” said Shining.

“Pardon… exactly where did you get this information?” asked Anim, now curious.

“Letters from Princess Celestia and from what she wrote down to Cadence… they don’t show a lot of good things about you. I don’t care if you aren’t in a relationship with my sister, you’re a threat to all of Equestria!” said Shining standing up.

Anim sat there, staring… then he stared at Twilight who was near breaking point for her mental state. Anim sighed and brought his tome with his magic from his room.

“That’s some impressive magic you have, to be able to get an object from that distance,” said Night.

“Now before we start pointing hooves here, you may be Twilight’s family but too me your all strangers. If somepony is harming my friends and family, whether it is physically, mentally, or emotionally, I won’t stand for it… now your daughter and her friends found me and helped me up my hooves, one step at a time. I’ve been through so much these last few months… and would have nearly blown up half the world… if it weren’t for her being there for me, so I would kindly ask for you to leave,” said Anim, opening his tome to look through some pages.

“Anim… thank you,” said Twilight.

“Now hold on here, you can’t tell us to leave!” said Shining, starting get more tensed.

“Then you give me no choice,” said Anim, slamming his tome shut.

Suddenly, Twilight’s family is teleported outside of Golden Oaks Library, somewhere near the train station. Twilight was about to shout at Anim for what he did, but he simply rubbed her head gently.

“You have a good family,” said Anim.

“You didn’t have to do that,” said Twilight. “Come on, there was somewhere I want to show you before my family arrived.”

Ponyville, path to Sweet Apple Acres, 1:00pm

Twilight led Anim to Sweet Apple Acres for the surprise that’s being prepared by the rest of the Mane 6. Nopony spoke on the way there, after what Anim had done even though Twilight knew he did out of protecting her, still she felt wrong for doing that to her family.

“Say Anim… I know you did what you had to do, but there could have been another way,” said Twilight.

“Maybe, but I doubt your brother was the listening type. I know they’re your flesh and blood but… from these few months being with everypony, you’ve been the only ponies I can truly trust, so I thought… that you were all like a family to me,” said Anim, feeling a little disappointed from his choices. “And I’m sorry for what I did, if you won’t accept my forgiveness I’ll leave everypony alone.”

“No… no, it was stupid of me to not tell my family about you, and now we’re both in trouble for our choices. I told myself and Celestia that I would watch you and care for you, and I won’t break that promise, so yes we are like family Anim,” said Twilight. “And we’ll stay a family, I promise.”

Anim smiled from Twilight’s response, the two walked the path to Sweet Apple Acres and when they reached their, all their friends were there, even Rainbow and Scootaloo who returned early from the show. They played games, ate, and had a wonderful time; Anim especially was very happy being with everypony.

“Run!” said Applebloom, in a playful tone.

“I’m coming to get you!” shouted Anim, who was playing tag.

“Anim would make a wonderful father figure you know,” said Rarity.

“F… FATHER!” said Twilight, nearly chocking from her drink.

Twilight thought of Anim of many things, but a father was the last thing she would imagine. After calming down, Anim let the fillies play by themselves and joined the girls.

“I’m surprise you’re able to have that much energy Anim,” said Rainbow.

“I’m more energetic than you think,” said Anim, using use magic to drink some punch.

“Say Twilight, I heard your folks came to town, where are they?” asked Applejack, looking around.

“Oh… well… they sort of,” said Twilight.

“Some family matters happened, didn’t it darling,” said Rarity.

“Oh put that frown upside down Twilight,” said Pinkie, moving Twilight’s face to make a smile.

“I hope you didn’t fight with them,” said Fluttershy.

Twilight hasn’t been in this big of a fight with her family since the wedding. When she went to respond Anim, stood in front of her with some flowers levitated beside him.

“Who are those for Anim?” asked Twilight.

“Well… I thought about what you’ve said and… I thought I would visit an old friend,” said Anim, looking off the distance.

Twilight knew exactly where Anim was going by the direction of where he was staring… he wanted to go see the grave of his friend, Kimila. “Of course… it’s okay to visit friends and family, it’s your decision who to see,” said Twilight.

“Just wanted to tell you all where I was, that’s all,” said Anim, beginning to head off. “Well I’ll be coming back soon, so don’t worry.”

After a few minutes, Anim left from eyesight of everypony. When the group was relaxing, Pinkie noticed somepony off the distance… or more specially four ponies.

“Hey isn’t that Twilight’s folks?” said Pinkie, pointing her hoof.

“What!?” said Twilight, looking too.

“So this is where you went Twilight,” said Cadence.

“Please dear, we’re sorry for asking about your private life,” said Velvet.

“Mom… I said it wasn’t like that,” said Twilight.

“Hello Princess Cadence, so may I ask why you’re here?” asked Applejack.

“We’re here for Anim… where is he,” said Shining, looking left and right.

“Shining Armor, what did I say!? I’m sorry, he’s still upset after we were teleported away, we say Twilight and her friend Anim heading to Sweet Apple Corner, so we followed behind,” said Cadence.

“Wait, Anim teleported you all… wow Anim’s getting more amazing each day,” said Rainbow.

“So… where is he?” asked Shining, looking at Twilight.

Twilight knew what her brother would do, and she couldn’t allow it. But she knew, the she couldn’t lie to her family… so she showed them where he was, with the company of her friends if things got… messy.

Ponyville, near the Everfree Forest, 3:00pm

“He comes here… too see somepony, but once we reach there, no fighting,” said Twilight.

“Twilight, his from another world I can’t allow him to—” said Shining.

“I SAID, NO FIGHINT!” said Twilight, intensifying her voice.

Shining Armor stayed quietly from that moment on, as they reached where Anim was, they saw him sitting at a cliff overlooking a magnificent view. Shining Armor was about to head right in, when Cadence stopped him.

“Cadence, what are you…?” said Shining.

“Twilight… you said Anim was speaking to somepony… who’s he speaking to?” asked Cadence. “I see nopony nearby here.”

“See it yourself,” said Twilight sitting where she stood.

Twilight’s friends sat down where they stood too, while Twilight’s family looked from another angle to see. When they moved to the side, they saw Anim with the flowers he had before placed in front of a wooden cross, stuck in the ground.

“Is that a…” said Night, shocked.

“A grave… but who’s?” said Velvet, wondering.

“It was the grave of Anim’s friend from his world,” said Twilight, standing behind her family. “When Anim was in our world, he did a ritual allowing him to see any past memories since Anim lost a fragment of his memories… and what he saw was that she died in a fire from a failed experiment. Anim has been living with that regret ever since… not only that, his immortal.”

“His immortal,” said Cadence, softly. “Celestia didn’t mention that in the letters.”

“Yes, but not only that,” said Twilight, “since birth he had no real family, she meant so much to him that she was his family. Losing her caused so much trauma… half of the time, I think Anim has been through more than Celestia or Luna.”

When the group stared at Anim, he began humming a tune of a song he heard in from one of his past regenerations. The tune was sudden so everypony thought Anim was speaking to them.

“What’s Anim doing?” asked Shining.

“Sometimes he comes here to… speak to her, I know it may seem crazy to this, but Anim’s gone crazy a long time ago. I think it’s his way of coping with the lost,” said Twilight.

After he finished the tune, he spoke to grave as if somepony was there. Everypony wanted to say something but stayed silent.

“We’ve been through so much, the adventures and all… the bad guys and enemies, adventures and journeys. You know, even though you were my only and probably first friend… you felt like a sister to me… but after the years, I felt something else between us… I think you knew too didn’t you, I hid this in my tome… waiting for the day until I was eighteen,” said Anim, using his magic to pull out a small decorated box. “I hid this ever since, after the fight with the demon lord. I waited for so long… but now, it seems as always that those who are closest to me will die… I wanted this to be the greatest gift who ever had… the one gift that could never be replaced.”

Anim opened the box and inside was a ring, but no ordinary ring; it was called a spectrum ring, it showed all the colors of the rainbow and more. It shined under the glow of the sunset, as its beautiful rays shone everywhere, Anim then gently placed the box on top of the cross with the box open.

“It was going to be your eighteenth birthday gift… but I guess I was too late, huh. Well happy birthday Kimila… I wished I could see that same smile of yours, it was the only thing that gave me hope that… that others like me we’re out there, somewhere… so, rest in peace,” said Anim.

“I see, so there is more to you than I thought,” said Shining.

Everypony was surprised to speak up after that, but Anim was more surprised than everypony together.

“How long were you all there?” asked Anim, slightly spooked.

“Wait, you didn’t see us,” said Rainbow, a little dumbfounded.

“Sorry Mr. Anim, we’ll leave you alone right now,” said Cadence.

“It’s okay… I think Kimila would have wanted to see you all too… she always said she wanted to see a unicorn with wings,” said Anim.

“So… you’re really from another world. When I received those letters from Celestia, I thought she was telling a joke or something… but you really are from another world,” said Cadence.

“More you think… and to clarify something,” said Anim, heading up to Twilight. “Twilight and I are just friends… nothing more,” said Anim.

“Then what about Luna, Celestia says you two have a relationship!” said Shining.

“About that… you see, when I first met Luna, I sympathized with her because she was sealed into the moon for a thousand years. After that we became friends not lovers,” said Anim.

“Seemed like more than that,” said Twilight.

“What you mean, we’re both immortal beings with responsibilities, but I consider her a dear friend too, it’s not like I accidently got an alicorn princess too… oh,” said Anim realizing what his done. “Look I didn’t knew Luna has the hots for me!”

“Darling, we all thought you two were… together,” said Rarity.

“I was friendly with her because she seemed nice, that and you guys ditched me so I went to find somepony to talk too. She was there, I was there, we talked and yeah we became friends, but now she has a thing for me!” said Anim. “Don’t tell her!”

“Good thing I’m not in your shoes,” said Shining, laughing.

“Yes… but you need to say sorry to Anim about earlier,” said Cadence, crossing her hooves.

“Ah pegasus feathers!” said Shining.

Shining said sorry to Anim, and after that they headed off back to Sweet Apple Acres. On the way there, Anim looked behind and saw something marvelous.

“Oh… my,” said Anim, amazed.

“What is it Ani—” said Twilight.

In front of them was the sun, but it was placed so perfectly it looked as if somepony was smiling back at them. Anim shed a few tears from seeing the sight, that he whispered a thank you, and followed behind everypony. Heading back, they continued before the day ended with Twilight’s family, after that everypony went their separate ways while Anim, Spike, and Twilight said goodbye to her family at the station.

Ponyville, Ponyville Station, 5:00pm

“See yeah next time, Twiliy!” said Shining, rubbing her mane.

“It’s good to see you all,” said Twilight.

“Hope we can hang out again,” said Spike waving.

Before they left, Cadence turned around and said something to Twilight.

“Hey Twilight, Anim makes a good father figure,” said Cadence, smiling.

“A… WHAT!” said Twilight, fainting.

“Did I say something wrong?” asked Cadence.

“She’ll be fine, I hope maybe next time we can meet in good terms,” said Anim.

“Take care of her, she can be a hoofful herself sometimes,” said Night.

“We’ll visit some time,” said Velvet, “goodbye!”

After the train got farther and farther, Anim carried Twilight back to the library. On the way back, Spike asked Anim a question.

“So, what did I missed? The girls left me at the farm, so I have no idea what’s going on,” asked Spike.

“It’s… a long story,” said Anim, chuckling.

Anim’s bonds with his friends and new ponies has grown, his learned that you don’t need to be connected with flesh or blood to be a true family. But to love one another and, be there for each other.