• Published 29th Sep 2015
  • 5,146 Views, 19 Comments

Trust Exercise - Stormblaze-pegasus



Soarin and Rainbow Dash have a fight after she is named a suspect in sending Spitfire away

  • ...
6
 19
 5,146

Trust Exercise

“I can’t believe you, Soarin!”

Rainbow Dash kicked the door open and landed at the foot of the bed with a loud stomp. “You automatically assume I’m the suspect?” she shouted at the stallion. “Do you not realise how much that hurts? We’re a couple, we should be able to trust each other.”

Soarin closed the door and faced her, his eyes fixed upon the floor in front of her hooves. “I’m sorry, Dashie, but Spitfire is my best friend - not to mention my superior - and all the signs just point to you. I saw you leave the party early. I’d have gone with you, but the lads and I hadn’t finished our drinks. You’re a reserve now, but I’m fully aware how much you want to be one of the pros. Plus, you can let your ego go to your head and not even notice.” He lifted his gaze to meet hers. “I don’t want you to be that green eyed monster, I just want the fun, awesome and sweet mare I fell in love with — and if expelling you from the Wonderbolts is what it takes to put that monster down, then so be it.” He sighed and dropped his head.

Rainbow Dash slowly sat down on the bed, speechless and heartbroken. “Is that really how you see me?” she asked. “You would snatch my dreams from me, just to make you happy with my personality?” Angry tears began to run down her face.

Soarin kept his head lowered and sat down. “I really am sorry, Dash. I love you and I love that you’re a live-wire, but you can get too much at times and you let the rush take over and get out of control. I’m worried that your desire to be the best has made you send Spitfire away.”

Dash stomped her forehooves on the floorboards and shot into the air with one hard wing flap. “I didn’t do it! Why don’t you believe me?” her streaming tears fell from her face and marked the floor. “I do want to be the best, but I know the right way to get there. I would never cheat my way through the Wonderbolts. I was over the moon to be drafted in as the reserve for this show and I was even happier when I found out that Wind Rider was flying with us. I have no reason to send Spitfire away. I would understand if the other Wonderbolts accused me, but my own special somepony… the stallion I want to devote my life to… you don’t trust me... “

Soarin looked up at her as she slowly drifted back down onto the bed, defeated. She turned to sit on the other side of it and sobbed quietly, gasping every now and then as she took in air.

A few silent minutes went by, Rainbow still crying to herself while Soarin sat hunched up against the door, feeling like the worst pony in all of Equestria at that moment. He couldn’t bear to hurt his best mare, but here they were. He clenched his teeth, thinking of a way to fix everything, all the while repeating You are such an idiot! in his head. The mystery of Spitfire’s call away was still not solved. He wanted to believe Dash, but deep down he felt that she really was the only pony with any reason to do it.


Buck it! he thought, coming back to reality. Dash was still on the bed, distraught and shaking. Soarin stood up and walked over to the other side of the bed, slowly unzipping the top of the flight suit. He removed his goggles and hood and placed them on the bed before taking a seat behind Dash, who was trying to ignore him. Her sobs had calmed down as she sniffed them back. The two ponies remained silent for a moment longer, until Soarin could not take it. He climbed up behind Rainbow Dash, took her up in his forelegs and wings and nuzzled into her neck.

“I love you, Rainbow Dash.”

Dash wiped her tears away with her hoof and leaned back into his embrace, draping her hooves over his. “I love you too, Soar,” she whispered back.

“I’m so sorry about this. I don’t ever want to hurt you.” Dash could only just make a little moan in reply as she nodded. “It’s still not been looked into yet, but we’ll find out who did this. I don’t want it to be you. You say it’s not and right now, I’m going to believe you. I don’t want to lose you over this. I’m sorry I had to be so harsh earlier.”

“It’s okay, Soar.’ she sniffed. “Rarity said she’ll look into it. She’s really smart, she’ll find out who did it.” Soarin stroked her multi-coloured mane and Dash began to relax in his arms.

“It’s gonna be fine, Dashie. I’m just so sorry I upset you so bad. I promise I’ll think before I order you about. I just… I just got stuck in officer mode. You know I have to sometimes.” he sighed and hugged her tighter.

“Forget it, Soar. It’s your job. I understand if you get caught up in the moment. You panicked.” she nosed at his chin. “But… do I really turn into a monster?”

“We can work on it,” Soarin replied. “Right now, can we please just enjoy this? We have a little while before rehearsals kicks up again.”

“Alright, but just for a little bit longer. Rarity asked me to come with her to find clues. And I do forgive you. You’re the best thing that’s happened to me. Maybe just a little bit better than making it to the Wonderbolts…. just a little, though.” she chuckled and blushed. Soarin smiled back and grabbed his mare by the waist, pulling her to the head of the bed and keeping her wrapped up in his wings. The two pegasi remained snuggled together until a knock on the door interrupted them.

“I know you two are in there, but I’m afraid I must break it up. Rainbow Dash and I have extremely important work to do!” a rather enthusiastic voice came from the other side of the door.


Dash rolled her eyes. “Five more minutes, Rarity!” she yelled back.

“Darling, do you have any idea how much work I can do in five minutes?” Rarity huffed. “Come along now, time waits for no pony!”

“Fine,” Dash huffed and turned to Soarin. “I guess I’ve gotta go then.”

“I’m sure you two will crack this.” Soarin reassured her.

“Thank you.” Dash kissed him and headed out of the door to meet Rarity.

After she left, Soarin got up and stripped off the rest of the flight suit, lying back on the bed to think about what had happened today and his mare.

Comments ( 19 )

So sweet...

Also, your editor did a wonderful job. :trollestia:

Good job! It was nice, short and sweet!

Awww, it's adorable! :raritystarry:

I had to bite my finger to stop squealing at the cuteness :pinkiecrazy:

Why the sad tag? There was a lot of feels but they were, happy feels, Ya Know?

Cute! But I agree with moonrose on the sad tag thing

6479197
Having a fight with your partner isnt a happy feeling. Thats why i put the tag

SO FRICKEN ADORABLE!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!


Ok-ok...serious time.

The story was great, as you kept it at a smooth pace and the content and quality for it was excellent. I will point out that Dash was a little too emotional, screaming and such, but I have absolutely no right to talk as I usually make her cry 0-0

Keep doing what you do and I would LOVE to see more of Soarindash from you >u<

6480588
Thank you ^^
I should point out that ive based Dashie on myself, as im the hardcore tomboy type that hates being girly (in public), i base the SoarnxDash relationship on my own too. One part i hate about myself is that i do snap at people when im upset, since Dash is a hot head, i figured that she would have an unstable explosive attitude when being angry or upset ^^;

Cute story. I love me some SoarinDash! :rainbowkiss:

6481044 Huh...I just realized I do the same thing when I write Dashie. I tend to cry alot or cut when i get upset ^^"
However, I get what you mean. It makes sense for Dash to act that when she gets upset.

Cute! Enough to satisfy my shipometer…………… FOR NOW :trixieshiftleft:

I like the post episode story here ^^ awh it was ooohhh do more one shots!

It's nice, but I felt Rainbow was too quick to forgive.
I personally think she would have dragged this out a lot longer, hell I would have. But then again, I also thought Soarin in the episode was an abrupt asshole and Rainbow needed to stick up for herself.

This was very sweet.

6622950
i need some more inspiration first

6622950
I agree. Maybe a one shot of rainbow chewing him out for having so little faith in her. And warning him that if he ever hurts her like that again they are through.

Login or register to comment