• Published 8th Oct 2015
  • 8,244 Views, 943 Comments

Deer Me: Black Snow - The Psychopath



Gregary ends up in the hospital and is put into an artificial coma. Now he's the son of reindeer royalty and overhears something about betrothal for an alliance with a Crystal Kingdom. Good thing it's not him and he isn't in denial.

  • ...
56
 943
 8,244

The ivory stone

"What does he want, Effervescence?" the trimb asked.

The doe narrowed her gaze and frowned at the trimb's words. "I've already told you to call me QUEEN!"

The trimb shrugged. "Yes, and I've constantly mentioned that I'm not interested in satisfying your narcissistic pleasures."

Effervescence's antler tips started to glow with a sharp, white light and lowered her head and spread her forelegs wide; but the trimb simply rolled all the bright, widened lights on its body.

"Oh dear GOD they're eyeballs," Gregary shouted in his head.

"You have killed my form countless times in the past. I cannot die while I'm in contact with the land, and especially the forest."

Effervescence look down in thought then stood back up, extinguishing the lights on her antlers. "You have a point." she brushed her neck and looked at the trumb 'seductively' from the side of her gaze. "And I find that excessive effort with no end goal ruffles up a doe's fur and ruins the glamor and polish of her antlers."

Stelimus shuddered. "Why is she using that shitty, seductive voice? Sounds like something I'd hear from a bar singer in the 30s."

The trimb ignored her commentary, evidently unaffected by it. It would be surprising if a plant were affected by words. "What is it you need? Another mirror? A throne?"

Effervescence's cheeks puffed up. She was flustered that her 'technique' didn't work. "I'm here for the armor and weapon I ordered for my nephew."

The yusimon stepped forward and smashed its giant palms against each other. "Yes. That dinnae help us when yeh're net givin' us theh preper measures. It dinnae helps! Woy're yeh cohnstantly orderin' stohf frum us 'n nevehr give us preper values?!"

"I guess I figured you were capable of being proper blacksmiths," Effervescence taunted.

The wooly giant sighed and face-palmed, then Stelimus hopped forward to prevent his aunt's reign of fabulous terror.

"I'm the nephew. You can measure me."

Both blacksmiths leaned over Stelimus, making him feel absolutely puny. If the yusimon was already giant, the trimb was taller than even it. And it was large to boot! Although it did not tower over the yusimon. It was simply a bit taller.

"He is so tiny," the trimb noted nonchalantly.

"Then weh go tae the smithin'!"

The wooly giant picked up Stelimus in its giant hand, then stomped towards the weird tree and barreled through the tree branches surrounding it to get behind said giant plant, all while Stelimus screamed in shock and horror. Effervescence didn't much care for the state of her nephew, but she was curious about why the assistant blacksmith acted so...rough?

"What is the name of your assistant?" She asked.

"Veeyol."

"Bizarre name."

"He's from a village located in extremely high mountains to the north where everything looks like it's made from cotton."

"Cotton?" Effervescence started to mumble under her breath. "I could have so many beautifying dresses made just for me. More people would love me and fall under my whims."

"What?"

"I was asking if you knew why he appeared to ignore personal space."

"As much as I know, those of his race are all like that. Perhaps a cultural raising."

"Hmph. Their culture is...shameful. They should come to live under me. I would protect them and teach them how to admire true beauty and culture."

The trimb didn't respond, instead preferring to revert to its weird, massed mess of a first form and left to join its assistant.

Ignoring much of what happened in-between, Stelimus sat on the floor next to an enormous forge where Veeyol and the trimb worked on the weapons and the armor. Veeyol had just finished measuring Stelimus and was busy carving out the leather straps and nails for his armor as well as the rounded grip for the hilt of whatever it was they were making. Several hours had passed and Stelimus was starting to grow antsy. He was never impatient as a human, but staying in place for hours on end pressed against his limits like a support beam. Finally, the trimb slithered towards the deer and reformed itself.

"Tell me, which would you prefer to adorn the coloration and exterior substance of your armor and weapon?"

The trimb brought forth its two arms. In its right palm sat a blueish crystal with a deep, emerald-green hue showing when it was opposite the sunlight passing through the branches. It was rough to the touch and very sturdy, something fit for a true warrior or to at least impress the populace while being its ruler. It was something Stelimus felt ancient conquerors would hold with pride. The prince did not like it, but he felt his entire being, his soul, calm and find peace when it gazed at the other stone. This one was just a stone, unlike its counterpart. It was white? No, vanilla colored? Yes. A pale vanilla; Ivory. It was extremely smooth and rounded. No sharp edges were present. Before Stelimus continued analyzing it, he took a step back.

"What do you mean? You'll choose the color and stylizing?"

Veeyol leaned backwards from his crafting table and laughed. "Ech. It's gon' tae chang yehr stoof's appearance. Theh mehtul will beh lookin' layk yehr chosen stohn."

Stelimus blinked a few times then attempted to look at the trimb, but gave up when he couldn't find anything remotely resembling a face. "What?"

"He said the metal of the armor will take on the traits of the stone you choose."

"Oh...Then I'll take that ivory colored one."

The right hand clenched like a flytrap and the crystal disappeared when the trimb's arm returned to its disjointed state. "Good choice. Clamorrous, it's called. Comes from lands FAR to the east, where only sands and stones grow and the jackals weep."

That's all the trimb said before leaving, prompting Stelimus to rub his face in irritation. "Why are they BOTH 'mystery writers'?" he mumbled to himself.

Once again, nothing was happening, but just by craning your neck a little, one could see Effervescence through the tree lines. She was repairing some of the damages caused by the dracoliches, but not with a method one would expect from a creature that controls plant magic or life magic. The usual consensus was that the holder would make their magic dance around like a curtain of gentle light, sparkles and snowflakes of light following their path to beauty; Or like a ribbon dancer, artistically and expertly twirling their ribbons to garner all attention to the serpent swimming in the air. No. Effervescence wasn't doing that. Whether it be because she doesn't care about the current public, though no one could see her, or simply could not care less, she was not artistic in any sense.

The god-queen blasted the plants and ground that had been sapped by the dead flames with a giant beam of light. It was like watching a laser weapon from science fiction fire off. It completely engulfed everything and...cleaned it? There were no trees or any kind of plant life left in the blast zone, but what was once a black, cracked, dry ground had returned to the mushy brown color that made you question whether you stepped in poop or it was just the dirt. Effervescence was very weird, and the more Stelimus watched her, the less confident he became in thinking he knew her personality. She seemed extremely eccentric but rather loose the first time he met her, judging by the belch she had made, but she wasn't doing that anymore. She was obsessed with her beauty and keeping a calm and elegant stature in front of her subjects, but the precise second Stelimus simply goo'd her fur with slugs and snails, she exploded in a massive rage that should have demeaned her. What was her gimmick?

About seventeen minutes later, Veeyol came forth with a small pieces of ivory-colored armor under slung his left arm; and a tall, wide mirror held in his right. Stelimus couldn't distinguish any features until the yusimon grabbed him and started forcing the clamps and straps of the armor onto Stelimus, completely ignoring the stag's protests and struggles. Once his armor was on, Veeyol posed him in front of the mirror it was holding up, then it slammed the helmet on his head, tiny holes at the top made to let his antlers through.

"Yeh're armor is moyd ta adapt tae yehr herns when yeh're bigger. I''ll split 'n two noiceleh."

"What?"

"He said the helmet can adapt to your head once your antlers grow out. You can either just plop it on like this or split it apart from the back,' the trimb 'translated' as he approached.

"Why're yeh olways doin' that?" Veeyol threw an arm forward then spread it wide. "Why? They understand meh!"

"No. They don't, Veeyol. Your accent is too thick."

While the two argued, Stelimus observed and admire his armor. It was, of course, ivory colored, but almost his whole body was covered by the armor, and it felt very flexible. From the hole for his neck to the back of his body, the armor rose up gently like a wave, leaving another 'scale' to rise up beneath its highest point, and so forth until the tail was reached. The deer's neck wasn't unprotected, however. It was covered by a piece of layered leather, the meshes overlapping and intertwining together to make a thick-yet-flexible piece of armor. Next came his legs and hooves: They imitated the body armor perfectly, save for the ankle and knees. These pieces were also covered in just the leather, but folding pieces of metal were connected to the leg pieces between them for extra protection. It was something even human smiths from medieval ages could not create or come up with. These two were incredibly skilled. The hoof-boots were adorned with a single patch of blue metal in the middle-front of the armor, giving them a little bit of additional personality.

"And here's your weapon," the trimb said.

It casually tossed what looked like a lance at Stelimus. The young deer bumbled around with the weapon in an attempt to catch the weapon which he finally stabilized after his thirteenth attempt at grabbing the long hilt. The base of the spear was covered in a black colored tape, but it was unusually wide and the base of the spear's butt was hollowed out and uncovered. The blade, however, was shaped very strangely: Its back, being the smooth portion of the blade, was held firmly in place by a long, metal beam running along the metal's length. As for its sharper edge, the base almost immediately curved inward then rounded back out in a crescent shape before rounding back out to a larger, pushed out, inverted crescent shape and ending in a sharpened tip. This gave the blade a peculiar, wavy appearance.

The trimb crouched next to Stelimus and calmly stated: "That spear has more to it than you think."


Copper stood in a small dressing room within the tower. She stood atop a pedestal and was surrounded by many couturières and couturiers who were taking her measures while the young mare observed herself from the wall of mirrors surrounding her. Cadance stood next to the door and smiled gleefully.

"What kind of dress do you think would work best for me? And what color?" Copper asked her mother.

Cadance tapped her chin a bit. "Hmmm. Seeing your coat color, I would say a deep, rich red, or purple. Everything works with purple."

Copper looked back at herself in the mirror, pondered a bit, then nodded. "I think you're right. A nice red."

"With purple outlines,' one of the couturières added.

"Oh! YES YES YES!" Copper started hopping up and down, aggravating the ponies.

"STOP MOVING!"

The mare immediately froze. "Sorry."

"Do you think he'll like me in a dress?" Copper sat on her haunches and clutched her head, aggravating the ponies even further. "Do you think he'll like me?!"

"Blossom," Cadance began. She levitated her daughter back into place for the couturiers. "I'm certain he'll love you. I bet he'll find you even more beautiful if I spruce you up some more myself!"

The pink alicorn levitated some special 'beauty' kits from behind one of the mirrors, making her daughters eyes sparkle.

"I'll show you what I do to make Shining go crazy around me. I'm certain you'll have that silly deer kissing you passionately in no time."

One of the couturiers measuring Copper Blossom looked at his colleague with disgusted and fatigued eyes. "We better be paid extra. I'm sick of hearing this. She's always talking about that deer." He cringed briefly. "ALWAYS!"

Author's Note:

For those that like my writing and want to know about future endeavors.

Yes. The Clamorrous did refer to one of the races I made.