• Published 8th Oct 2015
  • 8,244 Views, 943 Comments

Deer Me: Black Snow - The Psychopath



Gregary ends up in the hospital and is put into an artificial coma. Now he's the son of reindeer royalty and overhears something about betrothal for an alliance with a Crystal Kingdom. Good thing it's not him and he isn't in denial.

  • ...
56
 943
 8,244

Please be reasonable, highness

"I think I hurt her feelings by not wanting to suckle on her...mammaries." Stelimus shivered in horror."I don't ever want to have to go through that sort of thing ever again. At least the doctor was smart enough to have a bottle of milk ready just in-case something like this happened, and thank goodness for me. I'm having enough to cope with right now. First I'm put into a coma and now I'm a baby deer who has a crazy abomination from some weird fantasy tale as a father and a doe as a mother. Well, if I know enough about these kinds of stupid tales, it's that mine shouldn't be too cliché. At least I wasn't some guy at a convention who wore a 'spuky mehsk' by the salesman from that video game those kids talked about all the time. The 'stranger' guy from some game about an aryan man saving the U.S. president or something. Ah. There's Godwin's law again. What's wrong with me lately?

Wait, I can remember that better than I can remember my own family? Wow. Well, at least I know where my priorities are. Good grief. Now where am I?"

Stelimus looked around to see that he was, obviously, in a crib, although it seemed to be made with twisted, tan colored wood of some sort. It looked like the fawn was in a prison box made of caramel-coated twizzlers. Instead of a small mattress, he had a pile of golden hay laying underneath him. It was very useful for the delicate body of a newborn fawn. The room around him wasn't exactly 'baby-proof'. If anything, it was definitely made for a warrior, or at least a future one.

The walls were covered in weapon racks and wooden mannequins were ready to take armor fit for a fully grown reindeer. The room was still rather barren, most likely indicating that the child wasn't expected so early or that all the eventual 'toys' and other decorum fit for an infant were still being made. That wasn't the only thing noticeable. While this room followed the same architectural pattern as the room of birth, its size was almost four times that of the previous room. It looked like it was big enough to fit a two-story house. What was a child supposed to do with all that room? It could be useful for a hyper-active one as they do 'run on walls'. There were three enormous windows to the left of the room that illuminated the entire area and were covered by thin, silk drapes. You could see through them by looking on one side but you couldn't see through them on the other.

Two massive doors that were for the entrance were decorated with what could be considered frozen water filled with a deep blue dye. The doors had that usual, but very likeable, snowflake-spread all over them. The handle itself was twirled like the crib, and quarter circles carved into the corners. They slowly went downwards to flatten at their utmost edges when nearing the other circles, giving it a plus-sign void in its middle.

The only other presence in the room were ten guards watching the room stoically. Two stood besides the door while the remaining eight were spread evenly along the walls. They all had a similar physical shape but various different coat colors. Some were full tan colored while others had a darker, chestnut brown with splotches of black or white. The armor they wore was either pure white or jungle green with various different blotches and lines of a darker shade of green. Said armor ignored their antlers and wrapped around their faces like two massive, clawed hands. Two 'fingers' encircled their eyes and made them look white with blue iris. One would think they would try the red and black color scheme to be 'spooky scary skeletons'. The other four 'fingers' wrapped the top of their nose bridge, a few centimeters below their muzzle, on the start of their throat and cheeks. The chest armor covered the rest of their body as if it were skin stretched to its limit. The leg armor was similar in design and structure as their helmet, but with minor alterations. The small part of their leg that reached their body was covered by a javelin-head armor which extended and bent to almost hug the main armor, but this was only on the outside. The rest of the leg armor was comprised of four 'twizzlers' that wrapped around the leg and joined at the boot which was a single melding of plain metal. There wasn't much else to note other than their lack of weaponry.

Stelimus used his stubby little legs and hoisted himself over the bars of his crib with difficulty. When he decided to take a break and open his eyes again, he noticed that all the guards were staring at him, and they seemed none too pleased, although that might've been their usual visual appearance. The only sounds that the fawn could hear were his own breathing.

"..."

The fawn slowly backed up off the rails and dropped onto the haystack. A bit of pain shot through his butt on landing, but he kept his eyes locked onto the guards that continued to stare at him. Stelimus fumbled behind him, grabbed his blue blanket, and slowly hid underneath it while his heart started to pound faster and he could feel a lump forming in his throat.

"If I go to sleep, they'll kill me. If I go to sleep, they'll kill me. If I go to sleep, they'll kill me. If I go to sleep, they'll kill me."


"Please be reasonable your highness. You can't do this," an elderly voice pleaded.

"He is my progeny and I have the right to use it as I please!"

"But it is a living being! It is your own flesh, frost, and velvet! How could you just toss that away in such a manner?"

Anglacite was sitting in a small, circular room with windows at ground level and placed between the pillars on the walls. The day outside was slowly turning to night, so the room was becoming a dark shade of blue. Above the windows were shields of various shapes painted with crests that were equally variable in color-scheme and form. One of them, in the shape of a three-bladed glaive, simply had a red background with two red spears crossed. Another was a tower-shield but with eleven extensions along the sides. Four on both sides and three on the top. A hydra with twelve heads was painted on the shield, the twelfth head having been lowered to the middle of the body by the 'beast'. In the middle of the room was a round table with no actual features to it. However, it did have a black iron trim on its rim and the table itself was made from purple marble.

"So you wish to contaminate your family with pony-song?" the stag yelled.

The stag in question was elderly and had no antlers left. His coat was gray and he wore a fuchsia-colored tweed coat. His eyes were an amber which stood firmly in the face of the king's glare.

"My gene pool will not be contaminated by the pony-song. We will remain as reindeer. It is my son which shall improve upon theirs."

"Even if, it still throws a bastard onto your family tree. This, you cannot deny, Anglacite!" a hoof smashed onto the table.

This time it was an older doe with eyes of an azure color that aged better than she had. Like the stag before her, her coat had started turning gray, and she fashioned her fur into a bun behind her head.

"Then I shall disinherit the bastard from my tree if my son were to reproduce."

"It's not that simple! You can't just throw away your grandchild because you don't like its 'other side'. I may also not be one to warm up to the ponies, but I refuse to let our God-King throw away his own lineage because of his own hubris."

Anglacite turned to face the doe. Spirit fires ignited from his antlers and a blizzard started to form within the small chamber. The flickering blue flames eventually died out and the blizzard stopped as quickly as it came.

"I do not wish to continue conversing upon this matter...but we still have time before he becomes of age, and I wish to discuss this before you tell me of any local issues." The stag turned towards a chair that was facing outside. "Kimlarius, my old friend. Do you think we could survive without the aid of the ponies this time? You are the only one who still lives since that day thanks to the gift given to you by the ruler of the Crystal Kingdom, and you have seen how our people and lands have grown."

The chair turned around to reveal a stag in his mid-life. His eyes were weary and seemed wishful for an end. While his right eye was a simple chestnut color, his left was a ball of roughly cut, purple crystal with a single white light in its middle. Veins of white crystal grew out from his eyes crawled along his face but only stretched a few millimeters from the orbit. He only had a shoulder pad on his left foreleg, but it was obviously from an old uniform he once wore. The golden trim only had a few of the small strands of fabric still dangling off of it while the silvery-fabric comprising the main body of the decoration was faded and torn away, leaving the black body bare.

"While I do agree that our kind has grown tremendously over these past one-thousand years, we still do not have the power to stop the black snow. We need the ponies' magic," he said calmly and with a composed tone.

Anglacite lifted a hoof at him and shook it but kept the comment to himself and paced back and forth before replying:

"But our magic has grown tremendously since then! Even I am mightier than before. How is it possible that even I could not defeat it, Kimlarius? I am more than aware that other beings in the world will grow over time, but I am now a god!" Another blizzard formed in the room when King Anglacite threw his forelegs into the air.

"A god you may be, but all-powerful you are not. Power comes in variety, and our kin from other regions are too far to reach us, let alone wanting to. They could not brave our conditions long enough."

"Which means that we are stuck asking for the crystal ponies' aid..." The king walked towards one of the windows and looked outside, thinking. "Kindly give me a moment to take this all in and think it all over. Guards, please light the torches."

The two guards standing at the golden entrance put a foreleg to their chest and bowed. One of them walked towards a protruding stick on the wall to the entrance's left and flicked it. A chandelier came to everyone's attention as it ignited with crystal flames that sparkled and covered the room with various different white lights and transitioning shapes. It as almost like being in an ice cave with a single tunnel of water carrying its light into the bowels of that hollowed area.

"Ponies...I despise their kind so much...and what's with them always putting the word 'pony' at the end of every pronoun? Just use 'one'. It's more widespread. Always thinking they're the center of the universe...Hm? What's that?"

A blizzard roared outside and the sky was dark, but King Anglacite could have sworn he saw something akin to a sort of golden head in the far distance before it disappeared in a blue flash.

"My lord?" one of the advisers called out.

"Hm?"

"Is something the matter?"

"No. Just another beast on the outskirts of my kingdom. Now then, I hear there have been sewage troubles..."

Author's Note:

I wonder who the ruler of the Crystal Kindom was at the time? Who knows?

And that last bit is a cameo from one of my already existing characters from an already existing series and is a hint at what is to come. Can any of you figure out who that figure was?