• Published 8th Oct 2015
  • 8,244 Views, 943 Comments

Deer Me: Black Snow - The Psychopath



Gregary ends up in the hospital and is put into an artificial coma. Now he's the son of reindeer royalty and overhears something about betrothal for an alliance with a Crystal Kingdom. Good thing it's not him and he isn't in denial.

  • ...
56
 943
 8,244

Announcements and preparations

"So...what are you doing in my room?" Stelimus asked his sister.

"Oh...I was just curious about how you were living." She nodded approvingly. "A nice home, I must say. Not as impressive as deer architecture, though."

"Even so, who let you out of the hospital."

Yolumay analyzed the cup she held in her hoof. "I did. I let myself out."

"You shouldn't--"

"I intercepted a message along the way."

Stelimus tilted his head slightly. "What message?"

Shining Armor came through the door, fully vested in his armor. He spoke with a dark, monotonous tone. "Stelimus, it's time to meet up with your family in the war room."

Stelimus looked at his sister then at copper, as if wanting them to save him. Unfortunately for him, Yolumay retained her smarmy, better-than-you smirk and waved him off, but Copper wasn't going to accept that.

"If he's going, so am I." The young pony looked at her father sternly.

"What? I will not have you put into danger! The black snow has started falling and that gigantic monster has started moving south. The tundra is being corrupted. Transformed Saber Tyrants have started running amok and destroying everything in sight. The kobold tribes nearby have started hunting them, but they won't last long. There are other abominations 'dripping' off the giant even as we speak and are heading towards us now."

Stelimus looked at Copper. He was extremely worried for her well-being. "I could die, Copper. WE could die if you come with me."

"Then we'll be together even in the after-life." She tugged on Stelimus and pulled him through the door. "Come on, Stelly. I know where the War Room is."

Neither Shining nor Stelimus understood what was happening or what had just occurred. Shining's attention was dragged towards Yolumay's giggling.

"What are you laughing at?" Shining Armor asked.

"Nothing. I just find you pony-songs to be so...varied? IS that the word? Probably. It's amusing, like watching a court jester."

The white stallion lost interest in the deer and left the room to follow after his daughter. The room itself was guarded by two crystal guards and two deer guards, although they were also accompanied by four, static deer of Grimliss. Needless to say, the living were very uncomfortable in the presence of these undead abominations. The room itself was very small. In fact, it was a miracle that the oval table in it had even managed to fit after assembly. Perhaps the lack of chairs helped the fitting, but the few individuals currently present were practically compressed into the wall.

Anglacite and Cadance were at the farthest ridge from the entrance and weren't seeing eye-to-eye. Grimliss was between them and Effervescence was next to Anglacite. Her ears were drooping and she was looking downwards with a depressed expression. Shining passed by Copper and Stelimus to sit next to his wife while Copper had the two sit at the opposite ends of the two 'rulers' of the tundra.

"Stelimus. Good to see you again," Anglacite spoke.

"Yes, yes." Stelimus brushed his words off.

"Are you okay, sister? You seem fatigued," Grimliss wondered.

Effervescence's colors had gone from bright and flowery to a more 'Golden Autumn' shade. She only huffed in response to Grimliss' question.

"Well, now that we're all seated, we need to decide on how to approach this creature. It has started corrupting everything in the tundra and we need to find a way to stop those corrupted beasts while the main force and artillery attacks the giant," Cadance said.

"Well." Anglacite spoke calmly. "The ponies should take the full brunt of the charge while my people attack the black snow."

Shining smashed his hoof on the table. "What?! And have all of our own potentially die while you sit in your cozy tent? Not happening! This is a JOINT effort. Ponies are not your toys to play with and discard when you're 'bored' with them."

"I will not have you speak to me that way, pony-song," Anglacite warned. He was speaking calmly, but his widening eyes demonstrated his growing ferocity.

"Oh? What are you going to do, kill me?" Shining scoffed in Anglacite's face. "I'd like to see you try."

"Very well."

Frost started growing out from under the god-king and engulfing the room. It was not affecting Anglacite's two siblings, but it WAS starting to turn Shining into an icicle, something Cadance was not liking.

"Dad!" Copper and Stelimus shouted in unison.

Below, at the base of the tower, the Crystal Heart began to wobble and vibrate with a great intensity while Cadance's body started to glow a deep, hot pink. A blast of energy melted away the ice and compressed Anglacite against the wall, pushing him deeper and deeper into its crystalline grip. When the pink alicorn looked up, her eyes had become pure white with a black ring at the edges of her eyes.

"NEVER attack my husband EVER again, do you understand me?" Anglacite ignored her threat and tried summoning more of his magic, but it was of no use. The Crystal Heart was reacting too powerfully to Cadance's anger, fear, and love. "I am the 'god' here, King Anglacite. I rule, and you will respect us if you want to get out of here alive."

"Uhhh, Princess Cadance, maybe you should tone it down a bit?" Stelimus suggested.

The young stag soon found himself engulfed in the corrupted magic of the alicorn and started to choke. He grabbed relentlessly at his throat but couldn't free himself.

"She's become Anakin Skywalker from Revenge of the Sith. That's why...he was so...bad at romance."

"Yes. Let the fear grip them, familiar soul. They feed and sustain. It can't be a coincidence."

"Mom! Stop!" Copper cried out.

The mare's yell made Cadance return to her senses and shake her head. A throbbing headache wracked her skull as well as Shining's.

"I hope that these issues are out of the way?" Grimliss teased.

"He's not right in the head," Copper thought to herself. "Why didn't he react to his own family getting attacked?"

Anglacite pushed himself out of the wall and wiped the dust off of his coat. "I haven't had fun like that in quite a while." Anglacite spoke with a monotonous tone. "Thank you for that."

"Brother," Grimliss started. "-this still does not aid us in formulating a battle plan."

"I already gave the proper battle pla--" Anglacite was interrupted by Grimliss' hoof placed onto his mouth.

"That wasn't a plan. That was just you enacting your judgmental issues."

"I have a plan," Stelimus said. He felt a need to tug on his collar when all the heads turned to him in unison...well, all except Effervescence's.

"Well? What is it?" Shining wondered.

"There's a stallion currently residing in the deer capital and helping called 'Clyde of Dale'."

"What is so special about him?" Cadance asked.

"Well, he may not agree, but he's a very efficient hunter."

"Anglacite's army also has specialized hunters. I see where you're going with this, nephew," Grimliss complimented.

Shining started to think. "So...We could send them out into the tundra a few hours before we move towards the giant. If they were efficient enough, then they could significantly cut the number of corrupted beasts and both of our armies could get to their destination relatively unscathed."

"And you could have rows of magic users creating walls to protect from the remainders attacks while the second line fires off their spells, then have those attackers become the barrier makers and so forth. It would give time for the siege equipment to advance unharmed," Stelimus added.

"Then it is agreed." Anglacite snorted. "I shall bring my army forth while my siblings go around the flanks with their own equipment. Together, we will finally bring this threat to its knees and eliminate it from existence."

"Then that just leaves the matter of recovering the wounded, camping equipment to protect them, communication crystals and radio, and so forth," Shining added.

"And this means that both my daughter and Stelimus will see war for the first time," Cadance said. She looked at the couple with worry clearly displayed in her eyes. "I would prefer that you two remain in the back, where nothing will happen to you. I would rather prefer you not be harmed, let alone..." She couldn't finish the sentence that she averted her gaze and looked away. There was a slight hiccup in her voice at the end of her sentence.

"Are we forced to go to the battlefield?" Stelimus asked.

"Yes," his uncle answered stoically.

The stag took a deep breath and felt Copper put her hoof onto his chest to feel his heart beating far faster than it should. "I...Well, my aunt did give me armor and a weapon to use in case something bad happens."

"And I can fly, if that's necessary," Copper boldly stated.

Stelimus' face scrunched up slightly in confusion. "Fly?"

"Yeah. I'm a pegasus. See?" She looked to her back and flapped her wings. "Didn't you notice?"

"Huh. Well. That's something."

"I will go to the capital and find this 'clyde'," Shining said.

"I'll inform everypony that we're going to need hunting squads and to prepare the war machines." Cadance took a deep breath. "I was hoping I would never have to use what Sombra created so long ago, but I guess we have no choice."

"The creature is right at our doorstep, so I would put the time for preparations at one day at best." Anglacite stood up. "Send the hunting groups three hours before our departure."

"I'm not liking this dream anymore. I want to wake up now," Stelimus cried internally.

Author's Note:

I'm really sorry this is taking so long to update now, but I've been busy with my novel Lux Locus and I keep getting distracted. Unfortunately, it's starting to slip off the radar so my views have begun stagnating. S'no fun.