• Published 8th Oct 2015
  • 8,244 Views, 943 Comments

Deer Me: Black Snow - The Psychopath



Gregary ends up in the hospital and is put into an artificial coma. Now he's the son of reindeer royalty and overhears something about betrothal for an alliance with a Crystal Kingdom. Good thing it's not him and he isn't in denial.

  • ...
56
 943
 8,244

I need an end

Stelimus remained in the Crystal Kingdom for quite a few days after that...kissu-kissu incident. Today, Stelimus had come back from a training drill with the crystal ponies and needed to lie down on his bed, but when he opened the door to his room, he was bemused, at best.

"Hi, Stelly! Look who stopped by!"

Copper and Yolumay were having sweet drinks on the prince's king-sized bed. The deer princess seemed as emotionless as ever. If anything, she was moving mountains to make even the tiniest effort to play along with the pony. Her hatred for the 'pony-song' hadn't simmered down, even after all they did for her, but at least she was trying to think for herself rather than let centuries of brainwashing affect her.

"Why sister, I didn't realize you loved tea time," Stelimus teased.

The doe slowly raised her neck and cracked it to the side as though her joints were rusted. It was a miracle that Stelimus didn't hear the horrid creaks of a rusty door.

"It's not tea, and I'm not having it. I'm drinking this strange, sweetened beverage the likes I have never tasted. I'm loving it so far...even if it's pony made." She burped after her comment.

Stelimus squinted to get a better look at her cup. "Is that soda?"

"Yes!" Copper cheered.

"Oh. I see that you got to enjoy this while I was...away..." Yolumay looked down at her tea cup.

"No. It's...complicated, really."

Stelimus approached the two and hopped onto the bed. He thanked Copper who passed him his drink and then took a sip. The bubbles were tickling his throat on their way down.

"Oh, I missed this feeling so much." Like his sister, he let out a right loud belch and slumped back a bit. "Ahhhh. Now that's a real burp. This is nice. Sitting on my bed with a glass of orange soda and a gentle, white light coming out from the outside."

"You're disgusting," Yolumay groaned.

"You also burped, 'sister'," Copper teased.

Yolumay's gaze became hot enough to melt through metal, and Stelimus didn't notice it in time that his sister was poking Copper in the chest.

"Look, pony. You're not my sister. Not yet, at least, and I don't want you calling me that even after you've married my brother, am I understood?" Copper nodded nervously. "Good. I'm already making tremendous strides in effort per my own brother's request. So consider that the best effort physically and spiritually powerful."

Copper's ears drooped down and she looked away from the doe, sadness and grief on her face. "I...I understand."

Stelimus groaned loudly and slapped his sister behind her head, careful to not slap her antlers as well. "Yolumay, I thought I told you to stop yelling at her because she's a pony."

"But--"

"You'll never improve yourself with that attitude nor will your own people come to accept you if you constantly destroy anyone who does something you don't like." He took another sip from his glass and licked his lips with delight. "If you don't like it, you need to tell them in a calm, nice, and concise manner. Like this:" He turned to Copper and spoke calmly. "Copper, my sister doesn't like being called 'sister', even by me. She's just become a bit more accepting of the term lately, but I wouldn't push it." The mare looked up briefly at 'Stelly' and gave a weak smile. "There we go! Much better."

"What's much better?"

"Huh?"

The room took on the allure of the spirit world, with gray and white reigning supreme and the water-in-ink effect floating around.

"Grimliss?" Stelimus asked aloud.

"Aye. How's my nephew?"

"He's doing fine."

"I see that Effervescence's magic has been slowly getting out of your system, too."

"Actually..." Stelimus rubbed the back of his head. "Her magic didn't affect me and barely contaminated my body. A bit of draining by the doctors and I was all right to go."

There was a moment of silence before Grimliss spoke. "Really? And what about your sister?"

"She's more intensely changed. I think her blood was changed into sap," he said in disgust.

"Ew. Oh. Looks like she was almost turned into a permanent resident. Well, glad you're both doing alright."

"Yup. Nothing much here, and I'm learning a lot about Copper Blossom."

Grimliss voice had a disappointed tone to it. "He's not even going ask what I meant by 'permanent'. Anyways, glad to hear that your efforts have been successful regardless of...you know."

"Perhaps, but even with my age, I don't know how to do this. I know how most relationships end up and what she'll want. I can't do that part."

"Ahhhhhhh. So that's what your concerns were mostly about." Grimliss cracked his neck so loudly that, even disembodied, the noise filled the prince's ears and caused him to cringe. "Well, the first time you do it I would be able to control your body like a puppet while you're knocked out, or one of the gentler spirits here can temporarily take possession of your body."

Stelimus felt the soda bubbling out with reinforcements. "Uhhh, nnnnoooooooo. Let's not, okay?"

He didn't see it, but Stelimus knew his uncle was shrugging. "No skin off my back. Oh, but I have no skin. Hahaha!"

"Aha. Aside from horrible jokes, what is there that you wanted to talk about that you interrupted me here?"

"Interrupted? I don't even know what you're doing when I start these."

"Ehhh, I figured your better handling of these powers gave you more insight on them and their functions."

"That may be, but I have enough decency to not spy on others before talking to them."

"Aside from that, it's about time."

"For the marriage?!" Stelimus stood up on his hind legs and clenched his head.

"No! The creature is starting to spread its influence all around the tundra rather than just wander about like before."

"Oh, but, I thought we needed to marry first before the war started."

"Well, you can announce your will to marry after the battle is over, provided the two of you survive the fight."

"What? The two of us? But she's not a fighter! She shouldn't go there!"

"She won't be going to the front lines, but you will. She'll be watching from a safe distance."

"She still shouldn't have to see something like war!"

"Tough. That's how reality is. She'll need to deal with it sooner or later as the royal family of a country will need to deal with the threat of war on an almost daily basis. A king usually sees a war at least once in his life time, so don't think she can get out of this unscathed. The sooner she deals with it, the better."

"But--"

"There are no buts, Stelimus. We can discuss the issues with your arranged marriage later, but there can be some dark consequences if you refuse it. I'll see you in battle."

With those last few words, the world returned to normal, leaving Stelimus with his sister and Copper.

"Dark consequences, huh? I wonder if Copper was what he was referring to."

Author's Note:

Are there only plotholes any of you have noticed yet? If some of them are unintentional, I'll try to fix them. A few are, though, and are reserved for the sequel, but I'll never tell you which are which. :rainbowkiss: