• Published 2nd Sep 2015
  • 20,054 Views, 1,687 Comments

The Last of My Kind - Immortan Joe



In the near future mankind was driven into a biochemical war against an unidentifiable contagion created by an asteroid that struck the planet. Without no cure or any form of escape, mankind buried themselves and awaited their extinction.

  • ...
168
 1,687
 20,054

Chapter 15: Dinner

I blinked as I watched the young girl sob into Reynolds’ arms, my conscious racing faster than the speed of light. I had no idea what to do or think, yet I felt a yearning in my chest to just go and try to comfort the girl. I couldn’t move for some reason. My legs were locked in place and my eyes were just glued helplessly to the scene before me.

Suddenly, I felt a slight nudge in my side. My heart jumped and I looked over to see both Crystal and Quartz smiling at me. My eyes downcast to the floor and I took a deep breath, my heart had started pumping in my chest and the adrenaline coursed through my veins. Turning to face the girl that was supposedly my daughter, I noticed the three princesses were looking at me the same. As if everyone expected me to move on the girl, and I knew they were. That was exactly what they were thinking.

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and balled my fists. Taking in air through my nose, I mentally told myself everything was going to be alright. Right? I walked over to the two of them and knelt down. A fake smile on my face, I looked at the crying girl. “H-hey there...” I said quietly. Instinctively, I reached a hand out to her, but hesitated half way.

The little girl raised her head from off of Reynolds’ shoulder and looked me directly in the eyes, which were a beautiful sky blue like mine. They were teary and her cheeks were wet and red like the outer edges of her glossy globes. Though I noticed something odd about her, unlike what I had thought, she did not look terrified of me, but instead she seemed... sad in some way.

“Y-you’re my mom?” the little girl named Chloe asked me directly.

I smiled at her and tilted my head a bit before closing my eyes and giving her a small nod. Looking at her again, I took a quick breath. “Yes, I am...” ‘Though I, myself, had only learned the same thing not too long ago.’ “I guess I am...”

“Chloe...” Reynolds said, causing both of our heads to turn to look at him. The old man blinked and chuckled lightly. “This Chloe.” He motioned his head towards me. “How about all of us get something to eat? We can discuss everything there.”

I smiled at Reynolds and nodded. Just then, Luna politely cleared her throat. “That sounds like an excellent idea,” she said with a small grin, looking to Celestia who was also giving us a nod. “How about I transfer our requests over to the castle staff? I can surely have them prep us a delicious meal to our liking.”

“That sounds great, thanks!” I took my eyes off Little Chloe and beamed.

“Yeah, count me in!” Crystal skipped over to me. “I always wondered what royalty food tastes like.”

Reynolds chuckled and held Little Chloe close to him. The girl was silent, but continued to keep her eyes on me. “I can assure that it tastes no different from regular food.” He then glanced at me. “That is if you’re okay eating something that is entirely vegan?”

I glanced back at Chloe and gave her a reassuring smile. “Yeah, I’m fine with that.” My stomach growled and chuckled as I placed a hand over my gut. “Besides, I hadn’t eaten anything since the hospital.”

Reynolds, along with the two royal sisters, looked at me strangely. “Hospital?” Reynolds asked curiously.

I smirked and scratched the back of my head. “Yeah... we can discuss it over dinner.”

:[-]:

“Alright, I got another one...” Reynolds sat his fork on the table as all the ponies, save for Quartz and Crystal, groaned. Even I had my head hunched over. Cradling it in my arms, I groaned.

“C’mon, man...” I sighed. “I’ve already heard all of these...” I took my fork and prodded at at my small plate with sushi on it. Turned out that chefs back in the castle had a ton of fish left over when gryphon ambassadors came to visit. Now that would’ve been something I wanted to see. So in the end, they decided to take what they had and make some sushi for Reynolds and I. Luna said they were a tad confused on why her and Celestia were making such big orders for themselves, especially after she mentioned they’d need fish, though they didn’t question her.

“Oh, oh, don’t worry!” Reynolds said from across the table, waving his hands in a jazzy way. “I swear this one’s new, this one’s new.” He cleared his throat. “So a neutron walks into a bar—” I rolled my eyes and stabbed my fork into a sushi roll. Lifting it off my plate, I raised it to my open mouth. Though just as it was about to settle onto my tongue, the damned thing slipped off my fork and unrolled all over me.

“Goddammit!” I huffed and pushed my chair back, my legs covered in raw fish and spices. Growling, I tried to swat off what I could. Rolling my eyes, I looked up to find a napkin staring me right in the face.

“H-here you go... M-Mom...?” Little Chloe said in a really quiet, but adorable voice.

I blinked, staring at the napkin, her face was hidden behind it and I smiled. Cheeks blushing as I realized what she had called me. “T-thanks...” I said quietly, taking the napkin. Instantly the room was filled with “Aww, how cute,” stares coming from the others.

Both Chloe and I blushed even harder. Bending over, I quickly start to wipe off all the fish and sauce. “If you’d like, Chloe,” Celestia started, “I can have the castle staff wash those for you.”

“Uh...” I looked up at her. “Yeah, the thing is... this is really all I got.” I smiled sheepishly. My head snapped over to Reynolds when I heard his fork clang against his plate. He was waving his hand from side to side.

“Nonsense,” he said, “I have plenty of clothing down in my vault.”

“You do?”

Reynolds nodded his head. “Of course I do, though they’re all made for me, I’m sure you’ll find a few that you’ll like.”

“I appreciate that,” I said before looking back at Little Chloe. “And thank you again for the napkin.” The little girl looked at me with wide eyes before nodding her head, she quickly turned away and ran back towards Reynolds. Climbing onto her chair beside him, she went back to eating her meal.

The ponies around me chuckled and shared a few glances with me, I nodded my head and smiled a little out of embarrassment. Leaning over my head, I went back to eating it, this time making sure I was skewering the fish correctly.

“So anyhow, Chloe...” Reynolds chewed his food quietly before swallowing. “What I was going to say—”

“Actually, can I ask a question?” Quartz raised her hoof similar to how a child would raise her hand in school.

“Sure thing.” Reynolds smiled at her.

“What’s a neutron?”

Reynolds snorted a laugh and nodded his head. “Oh, I’m glad you asked that. I always forget that most of you ponies don’t know so much in the ways of science.” I noticed at the blink of an eye that statement seemed to get Twilight’s attention, and in a bad way. Her ear flicked and her eye twitched a little. “A neutron is a subatomic particle, and if I recall correctly, it has about the mass of one atomic mass unit. So you see, a neutron is part of an atom’s nucleus, which is the center point of an atom, let's say... for instance: Carbon 12’s nucleus is made of six neutrons and six protons.” Twilight rolled her eyes and went back to eating.

“And what’s a... a proton?”

“Well it’s easy to explain what a pro—” Suddenly Twilight got up from her seat. She stepped back from her chair and slid it under the table. Her face long and dark, she turned and walked off without a word.

The room was silent as she left. “I-is she alright?” Reynolds pointed a thumb at her and looked back at all of us.

“I-I don’t know...” I muttered as I watched Twilight make her way out of the room.

Celestia and Luna glanced at one another, I looked at them and frowned. “Did she say anything to you guys earlier?” I asked them.

Both princesses shrugged. “No she didn’t,” Celestia said, “Twilight Sparkle, though, has been known to keep information to herself sometimes.”

“Should we go talk to her?” Quartz glanced at me.

“I don’t think we should, she seemed really upset...” Crystal said quietly, “I don’t think we should anger her more.”

I shook my head and stood up. “I’ll go and check on her,” I said.

“Are you sure Chloe?” Celestia asked, “I can very well and go talk to her, too.”

“Nah, it’s good,” I said. “She wouldn’t have gone far. You guys keep chatting.” I pushed my chair and made my way over to the door. Reynolds opened his mouth to say something but stopped when Celestia and Luna shook their heads.

“She’ll be back soon, you can talk then.”

:[-]:

I opened the door and stepped out into the castle hall and the second I looked to my left I noticed the alicorn sitting right beside the door, her head was hung low. “T-Twilight?” I said to her and clicked the door shut behind me. The mare didn’t reply. “Is everything alright?” I asked and moved over to her.

“I-I’m fine... just... thinking,” she said quietly.

“Do you mind if I ask what it is that you’re thinking about?” I found myself slowly taking a seat next to her.

The alicorn sighed and lowered her head further than it already was. “Your friend, Reynolds...” she said. “What he said earlier today about Star Swirl, and how everything in those books was just nonsense he made up and how magic is actually just...”

“Nanomachines...?”

“Yeah... that...” Twilight said her voice down and almost depressing. “If that’s the case it means all of my research, the magic of friendship, everything... was it all for nothing?”

I blinked and bit my lip. I had no idea what she was talking about, matter of fact I had no idea what those nanomachines Reynolds were talking about. I didn’t have a single idea about anything that was going on, I was utterly clueless. Yet, at that moment, I couldn’t just leave the poor mare hanging there, I had to say something.

So I cleared my throat and looked at her. “Well uh...” I could feel my cheeks burning as I tried to think up something to say. “I-I’ll be honest, Twilight... I-I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I will say this!” I said pointing a finger at her. “A lot of Reynolds’ work is usually based heavily on theory, especially the SOL Virus since we know barely anything about it... except for that it might be what you guys call magic.” Twilight chuckled lightly as I scratched the back of my head. “I-I mean... so what if magic is nothing but tiny machines? ...Like just because you know what it is, nothing’s going to change,” I said, forcing a smile. “Matter of fact, these things might still be magical.” That seemed to gain Twilight’s attention, this time I gave her genuine smile. “Like, think about it, these robots have to run on some kind of energy, right?” Twilight lifted her head fully and gave me a thoughtful look. “I doubt these are powered by solar power, and not only, that these things must run on some severe programming.”

“I guess that would also raise the question on how these things know what cutie marks to assign?” Twilight said, tapping her hoof to her chin.

I had no idea what she said but I playfully slugged her right foreleg. “Yeah, totally! There’s no way a robot can like predict the future or run like this for over sixteen thousand years. There has to be at least something else involved that’d make these things possible.” At that point I was just blowing smoke up her ass; I had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Though it seemed to work, the alicorn ruffled her wings and gave me a weak smile.

“Th-thanks, Chloe. I guess you’re right, there has to be more to it.” Twilight nodded in my direction and started climbing onto her hooves.

“Of course there’s more to it, Twilight.” I pushed myself up onto my feet and chuckled nervously, ‘Wow I can’t believe I just blew through this so easily.’

“Well, I guess I should go apologize to the others... I shouldn’t have walked out like that,” she said, lowering her head and ears.

I sighed and rested my hand on her head and ruffled her mane. The mare smiled and giggled softly. “Hey, it’s alright, I guess it’s safe to say we’re all a little stressed.”

Twilight looked up at me. “Well, it’s not every day that we stumble upon an ancient creature who starts spouting about how everything you knew was wrong.” She sighed and lowered her head again.

“Hey, c’mon, I uh...” I looked away from her. ‘Shit, how the fuck do I respond to that?’

“It’s fine, Chloe.” Twilight grinned. “I’m sure he’s willing to explain everything to us.” Twilight placed her hoof on the dining room door and pushed it open.

“And I was like; ‘I don’t even eat pasta!’” The ponies in the room erupted in a wave of laughter as Reynolds finished what actually seemed to be a funny joke for once.

Twilight looked at me confused and I simply shrugged my shoulder. “I would retell you the joke but it’s pretty dumb... especially after hearing it over and over,” I mumbled quietly as I went and took my seat from earlier.

Twilight came back up to the table just as everyone in the room turned to look at her. The mare gulped and rubbed one leg with her other hoof. “I-I just want to apologize for leaving so unexpectedly earlier. That was pretty rude of me.”

Celestia and Luna smiled at the mare and nodded their heads before motioning with a hoof for her to take a seat. Twilight grinned at the two mares and took her seat right beside Reynolds.

I pulled my food back up and picked up my fork. Prodding at a strawberry on my plate, I couldn’t help but notice the awkward silence that had befallen us. Glancing up, I looked around to see that everyone was just quietly eating their food. This bothered me for some reason. ‘What happened to all the jokes and stuff from earlier?’ I asked myself as I stabbed my fork into the strawberry and lifted it up to my mouth. I took a small bite of it and chewed on it softly, its sweet juices invading my tongue and making me a smile a bit. My eyes landed on Little Chloe who sat on the opposite end of Reynolds away from Twilight. Swallowing the bit of fruit, I smiled at her when her eyes met with mine, she blushed and gazed down at her plate. “So, what grade are you in, Chloe?” I asked not knowing if she was even in some school or not.

Reynolds face lit up and he looked down at her. “Go on, Chloe, you can tell her,” he said excitedly.

Chloe’s cheeks burned brighter as she looked up at me. “I-I’m in the ninth grade.” She rubbed her arms nervously.

I nearly choked on my second half of the strawberry, even the other ponies seemed a tad impressed. “The ninth grade?” My jaw fell. “Heck, you don’t even look like you’re nine years old.”

Reynolds took a pen out of his jacket and started to write something on his napkin. Chloe smiled a little, her pale cheeks turning a rosy red. “I-I’m only eight years old...” Just then Reynolds raised his napkin written on it read: “8,021”

My jaw nearly broke through the table. ‘Eight thousand twenty-one years? Holy fuck... why keep her in stasis for so long?!’ Closing my mouth, I shook my head and smiled. “Wow really? You must be very smart,” I said, scratching the back of my neck.

“Well, dad and Missus Stephanie are really good teachers.” Chloe blushed and looked at Reynolds with a small smile, and the old man chuckled and ruffled her hair.

“Eh, I just do it how my professors did it with me,” he chuckled.

I tilted my head. “Who’s Stephanie?” I asked.

“She’s the vault V.I. not as advanced as Glenn since she’s only a 2032 model, but she gets the job done.” Reynolds explained to me as he dabbed his mouth and cheeks. Just as he sat it down, he looked at Twilight. “So, you must be Princess Sparkle?”

Twilight jolted a bit due to not expecting the conversation to suddenly shift over to her. “I, uh, yes-yes I am.” She smiled and bowed her head to Reynolds.

Reynolds gave the mare a slight head nod before holding out his hand to her. “I’m Doctor James Reynolds, head researcher of Project Resurrection.... Or at least what’s left of it,” he said in a calm manner. Twilight gently raised her hoof and laid it in his hand.

“Nice to meet you, Doctor Reynolds. Chloe has told me quite a bit about you.” Twilight gave him a light smile, but from where I sat I could see her wings ruffling. I didn’t know much about pony body language, but from what I could take from Crystal in our past experiences, wing ruffling usually meant she was uncomfortable... so I thought.

Reynolds seemed to have spotted this as well. “No need to worry, Princess Sparkle,” he said, releasing her hoof. “Celestia told me that you were quite the avid learner and researcher. Am I right?”

I watched Twilight as she blinked and nodded her head quite rapidly. A smile etched itself onto my face as I saw the mare light up. “Indeed I am, I was once Celestia’s protege,” she said happily.

Reynolds picked his fork up and sliced a bit of fish onto it. “Yeah, I recall Celestia mentioning that.” I glanced over the white princess at the edge of the table, she was nodding her head slightly towards the two. “What’s your main field of study?”

That’s when Twilight’s mood suddenly shifted. I noticed by the look on her face that her thoughts immediately went back to where they were not even minutes ago. “If that’s the case it means all of my research, the magic of friendship, everything... was it all for nothing?” Her words drifted in and out of my mind and I placed my fork back onto the plate.

Twilight gulped, shook her head a bit as she caused her mane to swish a bit. “I, uh, study the magic of friendship, Doctor Reynolds.”

“The magic of friendship, eh?” Reynolds repeated to himself as he scooped the fish into his mouth and chewed on it slowly. His gaze averted to the stain glass window that was directly behind me. The colored panes cast small beautiful hues onto us, more specifically a a bit of blue reflected off of Reynolds glasses as he nodded his head. “Really now?”

Twilight nodded her head. “Yes, it’s actually how I became a princess in the first place. I was able to successfully solve one of Star Swirl the Bearded’s spells.” Reynolds slowly sat his fork onto the plate, the metal clinking against the glassware.

“I see...” He said quietly before reaching up and removing his glasses slowly.

I frowned at the sight of Reynolds, ‘Whoa... okay, I’ve seen this before.’ I shifted in my seat before getting up. “Hey... Ren, is everything alright?” I asked him in a soft voice, even with all the new wrinkles on his face and the patch over the left eye. I was somehow still able to read this man like an open book.

“Do you mind... if I ask which theory?”

“It was in the last spell book you wrote before your third slumber.” Celestia said. “The one in which you couldn’t figure out the final properties to.” She clarified for him and immediately Reynold’s eyes widened, and so did Twilight’s.

“Wait, what?!” Came a shout that was not Twilight’s. Suddenly, all heads turned to see Quartz staring at Reynolds with shocked eyes.

“Are you trying to say he’s Starswirl the Bearded?!” Quartz’s eyes were locked on Reynolds and her jaw was nearly about to break the table in half.

Crystal leaned towards the mare and draped a wing over her as she tried to pull her back down. “Okay, Quartzy, this is a little off even by my standards,” she said and leaned up into her ear. “Especially when the princesses are right there.”

Reynolds chuckled and nodded his head. “Star Swirl the Bearded was my alias back when I used to write,” he said, reaching up to stroke his very long beard.

Twilight glared at the man. “Then how come you said most of the magic was hogwash?”

Reynolds glared back at her. “I never said it was ‘hogwash’, no, no no...” He shook his head. “Magic is an interesting topic,” he said. “Hell, even at times I find myself believing that it is. These nanites that perform most of these duties or spells... it’s almost...”

“Magical?” I sat my fork down and looked at him.

He nodded. “It’s truly astounding.”

“Then what about my friendship research? The Elements of Harmony, the Tree of Harmony!” Twilight continued to list off things left and right that I knew completely nothing about.

Reynolds simply sat there nodding his head. Finally, when Twilight ended her tanget, she sat there gazing at the old man, waiting for his response. After about a minute or so, Reynolds took a deep breath. “All theories that I have yet to answer.” He grabbed his water and took a sip. Setting the glass down, he turned to look at Twilight. “Please, Twilight... all of you really.” He looked out over the room. “I’m not here to tell you that magic doesn’t exist. As I said, most of my work is composed of theories.”

‘Wow, that’s basically what I told Twilight, nice.’ I smiled warmly at Reynolds when he looked over at me and our eyes met.

“Figuring out what makes up magic just happened to be the by product of my current research. Even then though I have no idea how it works, I have theories, yes, and I can go on about them for days.” He rested his forearms on the table and looked at Twilight. Opening his palm as a gesture, he continued. “But that doesn’t mean what I’m saying his correct. Believe what you want, for that it would be nearly impossible for me to completely wipe off such a major piece of a culture that has lasted for over sixteen thousand years.”

Twilight nodded her head. “So then... what about all of your books? Are they all...”

“Most of my books, Twilight, are books on theory.” Reynolds said looking at her softly, he reached up and scratched his chin through his thick beard.

Beside him, Little Chloe reached up and tugged on his shirt, prompting Reynolds to turn around and smile at her. “D-daddy, I-I have to pee...” Her cheeks turned a dark shade of pink and her eyes wandered about, checking to see if anyone had heard her or not.

‘Okay that’s pretty adorable.’ I chuckled and went back to my food. Cutting a piece of fish, I popped it in my mouth and cringed. ‘Ugh, it’s fucking warm now.’ I pushed the plate aside and took a deep breath. ‘I’m not even hungry anymore.’

Reynolds smiled. “You do? Why don’t you ask the Princess and she can show you where the bathroom is?” He smiled and patted the girl on the head.

Little Chloe nodded her head and scooched her chair back, hopping off it, she wandered over to Celestia. Her cheeks flushing once more as she told the mare, the princess nodded and got out of her seat before kneeling down and letting the girl climb on her back. ‘Yeah I doubt I’d let a girl who had to pee sit on me... unless she was of age of course...’ I blushed and shook my head. ‘Goddammit, Chloe, my mind is drifting into the dark realm again.’

“And that’s a bad thing why?” I heard the darker side of myself giggle, stealing a glance over my shoulder my jaw dropped when I noticed Other Chloe in a black, skimpy dress that revealed so much of her pale skin take a seat right next time.

My mouth nearly struck the table at the sight of her... Eh... me. “Why are you wearing that?” I asked out loud, ‘holy fuck, I look hot!’ I said as my eyes scanned over her freshly combed back, raven black hair, her blue eyes outlined with a very small amount of mascara, causing her bright blue eyes to pop out at me. Her cute, decent sized lips were colored with a very faint, red, lipstick. ‘Holy shit, does she look like a fucking slut, but God! A fucking gorgeous slut...’ My heart was racing fast and my skin was popping with goosebumps.

“You do know you’re getting turned on by imaging yourself like this right?” Other Chloe said as she showed me her pearly white teeth. “Getting horny at the dinner table? You’re such a naughty girl~ don’t tell me you’re going to start scratching yourself.”

“Why the fuck would I do that?!” I blurted out and everyone at the dinner table fell silent.

“Di-did I say something wrong?” Luna looked around at everyone quizzically.

“Chloe!” Twilight hissed. “You just interrupted Princess Luna!”

“Yeah, Chloe, way to go and disrespect a Princess~” cooed my other half. Her smile widened and she tapped the table with her fingers. She then leaned towards me, so much so that I could see her breasts through the open top of her dress. My cheeks flushed and I forced myself to look her in the eyes. “Aren’t you going to answer them?”
ww

“I-I uh...” My heart slammed against my ribcage, I felt unbelievable hot and my cheeks were burning out of control. I tried to make myself focus, but my mind kept wandering. Especially back to last night when Quartz had kissed me, her soft lips brushing against mine, our tongues dancing. ‘N-no, stop thinking about that stuff you’re only making it worse! She’s a fucking horse! A horse! Don’t get turned on by that body!’

Reynolds and Twilight shared a glance with one another. “Chloe, is everything alright?” I jolted when I felt Quartz gently lay a hoof on my shoulder. I quickly snapped my head to look at her. ‘F-fuck, I don’t have time for this shit...’

I gulped. “Y-yeah... just suffering from a hot flash...” ‘down stairs if you catch my dr––ft–’ “I have them from time to time.” I grabbed my glass of water and gulped it down. “I apologize Princess Luna...” I said to her “I-I was daydreaming and uh... something came up... if you excuse me I-I uh...” ‘Fuck I’m stumbling over myself! C’mon, Chloe, focus!’ “I-I also need to use the restroom.” I got up from chair and looked at Luna. “Could you point me in the direction please?”

Luna nodded her head and told me it was to the right outside the door and further down the hall on the first left. I nodded my head and and quickly rushed out of the dining room embarrassed beyond belief. ‘Why the fuck am I so horny?!’ I thought to myself, my cheeks flushed I felt like I was going to cry for some reason. ‘All I did is think of one thing and...’

“Maybe because you haven’t gotten laid in sixteen thousand years?” My other half said walking up on my side. “Hell, before the world went to shit you and Caroline used to fuck at least four times a week. Fuck, sometimes you’d fuck four times in one day back to back.”

I stopped and glared at Other Chloe. “You shut the fuck up, alright?” I snarled. “Don’t you ever bring up that bitch around me!”

“Oh c’mon, Chloe, Caroline’s dead now like everyone else. Who cares if we reflect on the past,” she shrugged. “Shit, it might even do you some good.”

I groaned and rolled my eyes. “J-just stop talking to me!”

Other Chloe laughed and began to follow me as I started making my way down the hall. “Like that’s going to happen.” She fell silent for a moment, taking a few more steps down the hall I glanced left around the first turn and saw the restroom at the end of the hall. “Why are you even going to the bathroom anyways? It’s not like you have to actually pee or anything... oh wait~ don’t tell me you’re going to do what I think you’re going to do.”

I fired a glare at her. “I’m not going to masturbate...” I growled.

“You sure?” She smiled lustfully at me and lowered her eyelids a bit, gazing at me like a predator about to pounce on her prey. “Your body’s saying otherwise, Chlo.”

My legs shook and my body grew even hotter. I tore my eyes away from the slutty version of myself and shook my head. “St-stop it!” I stuttered and pushed open the bathroom door.

“Oh hello there, Chloe!” Celestia’s charmful voice greeted me and I looked up to the see the large, white mare standing nearby a stall door.

I jumped back at the sight of her, put hand to my chest, and blushed deeply. ‘Fuck my nipples are hard.’ I gulped and turned away from her so that she wouldn’t see. ‘I-I thought they’d also be done in here by now, dammit.’

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Celestia tilt her head as I turned away to hide my embarrassing appearance. “Is everything alright, Chloe?” she asked me.

“Y-yeah... I-I’m just c-cold.” I gulped and turned to face her, dropping my arm away from my chest. ‘Buy it, buy it, buy it.’

The princess appeared not to notice the embarrassing fact that I was standing in front of her admittedly aroused, or at least chose not to acknowledge it. She sighed and nodded her head. “Yes, I agree. Especially around this time of day the outer portions of the castle tends to get chilly.”

I smiled and let off a relief filled sigh. ‘Bought it.’ “I-If you don’t mind, is it okay I squeeze past you so I can get to the stall?” I asked.

Celestia of course nodded and stepped out of the way so I could squeeze by. Popping out the other side in front of an empty stall, I looked back out. The restroom wasn’t that large, it only had three stalls and a sink, but even then they were only about five feet apart from each other. “Th-thank you Princess... Ce...Celestial?” I blushed a bit.

“You’re close.” Celestia chuckled and looked at me with a small smile. “It’s Celestia.”

I nodded and gave her a thumbs up. “Th-thank you.” I opened the stall and stepped inside. “The fuck?” I accidentally said a little too loudly when I noticed the strangely shaped toilet seat. It was a lot smaller then what I was normally used too, not only that it was angled in such away that it looked more like something a pony would park her privates over instead of sit on... overall it was just odd to me.

“OOooh, somepony said a bad word!” Little Chloe’s voice came from the stall next to me, I flinched a bit and gulped. ‘It feels like I’m watching an old family Christmas video whenever I hear her... it’s so... creepy.’

“S-sorry...” I replied and began to undo my belt.

“Chloe, please refrain from using such foul language,” I heard Celestia say.

“Again, I apologize.” I replied and unzipped my pants.

“Other then that, is everything alright?” she asked me, and I noticed her shadow slip under the stall door.

I turned so that my back faced the oddly shaped toilet and dropped my pants. “I-I’m fine, just that your toilets are different from the ones I... Sonofabitch...” I muttered quietly when I noticed the mess my arousal made inside my pants.

“What was that?”

“Nothing, you guys have weird toilets.” I dropped my panties and awkwardly sat down and and forced myself to do my business. When I was done, I got up and cleaned myself off, pulling on my soiled underwear and then my jeans. I flushed the toilet the same time Little Chloe flushed hers. Stepping out of the bathroom, I saw that Celestia had hoisted the girl onto the sink so that she could wash her hands. “Oh... hey there...” I smiled at Chloe, trying to make myself sound upbeat instead of nervous. ‘Who knew I looked this adorable...’ I giggled.

“H-hi, M-mom...” she replied equally as awkward. ‘At least I’m not the only one having trouble getting used to this.’

“How are you?” I asked her as I stopped at the sink.

“A-alright...” she replied, her head shifting to look at me and then away, then back at me.

“That’s good.” I gave her a soft smile and then glanced around for some soap. “Uh... do you guys not have any soap?” I asked looking at Celestia.

Celestia chuckled. “Well, Chloe... no. Not for hands at least, as you can see, we have hooves.” She smiled at me. “I believe that would be a bit contradictory for us to clean our hooves and then walk on a dirty floor after using the restroom.”

I looked back at the sink. “Then why do you have faucets?”

Celestia blinked. “Well... I guess... yeah, you got me there,” she laughed.

“Wait...” My eyes widened and my jaw drop, I looked at Little Chloe. “Does that mean she—”

“Reynolds has her wash her hands properly every time she goes down into the vault,” Celestia said with an honest smile.

‘Either way that’s still freaking gross.’ I thought as I rinsed my hands under warm water, drying them off by quickly flicking my wrists. I smiled. “So, what are you guys up to?”

“Well aside from going back and finishing dinner~” Celestia looked down at Little Chloe as if she was expecting her to finish.

The child perked up and beamed. “Celestia was going to take me flying!” she giggled.

“Oh yeah?” I chuckled. “Now that outta be fun.” I looked at Celestia and cocked an eyebrow.

The royal mare chuckled and flashed me a smile. “Whenever I have any open space on the schedule, I always try and take the little one once around the mountain...” she glanced about before leaning towards me. “Don’t tell James though, he’d stop talking to me if he learned.”

“It’s not that bad though,” Little Chloe squeaked out. “Normally she just straps me down so that I’m safe.”

I gave the both of them a small smirk and shook my head. “Well, alright...” I said looking at the little one, her cute smile making my heart flutter, ‘Gah, was I really that cute?’ I thought to myself as I wiped my hand on my pants and patted her on the shoulder. “I won’t say a thing.” The two of them smiled at me. I chuckled. “As of now, I’m going to head back down to the dining room and check on the others, after that I...” I frowned. “I don’t know what I’m going to do...”

‘That’s true... what am I going to do?’ I gulped.

“You can always go and scratch your record~” I tensed at the sound of Other Chloe’s voice. Clenching my fists, I stifled the urge to whirl around and yell at her.

“You can always come and watch us,” Celestia offered, I took another deep breath.

“Maybe, I could, but... I’ll check on the others. Perhaps chat with Reynolds for a bit and see if I can learn a thing or two off him,” I said as I rubbed the back of my head.

“M-mom?” I heard the little girl ask hesitantly, as if she didn’t know if she was supposed to call me that or not.

‘Personally I’d rather not have her call me that.’ I thought but looked at her anyways.

“Yeah, what’s up?” I smiled and raised an eyebrow.

Little Chloe was halfway up climbing onto Celestia’s back, she was in the middle of nomming on her middle finger when she said, “Where have you been?”

I felt my stomach constrict around an invisible fist. Gasping I stepped back, immediately Celestia came to my aid. “Chloe, dear, I don’t think that’s a good question to be asking right now.”

“B-but I want to know, she’s been gone all these years and i’m still a kid!” She looks up at Celestia. “That just isn’t fair!”

I opened my mouth to say something, but again, Celestia came to my aid. “Chloe, nothing in life is necessarily fair. Your mother just came back from a long journey, please let her go rest.”

“Rest?” I thought when I heard Celestia’s voice, it was almost instantly when I felt my body grow tired at the thought. It’s true, I never actually had a proper good night’s rest. For the past three or so days. ‘God how long has it been? It feels like months have past...’ I thought, I have been sleeping in that wagon, or on the ground. ‘I think only once I woke up on a bed, but that was it. Then again there was the hospital bed but... well I guess that counts.’

I smiled and looked at the two of them. “Y-yeah rest, I-I think I’ll do that.” I looked at Little Chloe and reached out to her, gently I placed my hand on her head and ruffled her hair. “Hey don’t get all worked up, kiddo.” I cracked a grin. “I’ll tell you all about it after I get some sleep.”

“Y-you promise?” she asked me in this most adorable little voice.

I nearly felt my heart shatter due to the adorableness and I swore I could feel my cheeks turn pink. “I promise.” I replied back with another little pat on her head.

“Then there it is,” Celestia said happily, “let us step out of your way, Chloe, and we’ll leave you to continue whatever it is you had planned.”

“Eat, chat, and sleep~” I yawned, “That’s all I had planned for the night.”

“Don’t forget masturbation,” Other Chloe called from the back and I looked over my shoulder and glared at her.

“Oh is something wrong, Chloe?” Celestia asked as she caught glimpse of my glare.

I shook my head and faked my smile. “Oh no...” I walked to the restroom exit. “I uh, thought I forgot something,” I said before quickly ducking out of the bathroom.

:[-]:

For what was hopefully going to be the final time, I returned to the dining room table that evening. I found my exact spot and sat down. Gazing out over my food, I poked into it a ways, hoping that perhaps it had gone back its original cool and tastiness as it was when I first got it. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The sushi was now at room temperature, and had already begun to smell. Letting off an aggravated sigh, I shoved the plate off to the side and rested my chin on the table and glanced about. It turned out during my absence that both Quartz and Crystal had left the dining room, to go where? I had no clue. Though, from what I had garnered, the two of them had been purposefully avoiding any conversations, possibly afraid that they were going to say something that would offset everything.

Which I guess I couldn’t blame them, but at the time, I wished they would have said something. Half the time, Quartz and Crystal had been my emotional crutch, or even a fall back plan, then again... it was probably best that they didn’t say anything. Even if they were my tool for comfort, I shouldn’t rely on them all the time like a child would their mother.

As I sat there at the table alone, I could see across from me Reynolds and Twilight had both finished their meals. The two of them seemed to be bickering about science and magic or whatever the fuck Harvard students talk about.

“Again, Twilight, I’m not saying what you call magic isn’t... magic,” the scientist said. “Yes there are machines involved, however, whatever could be powering the machines is something beyond scientific explanation. Therefore, it could still be considered magic.”

“That still doesn’t change the fact that almost every book in Equestrian history has to be rewritten!” the alicorn exclaimed. “Why is it now that I, the Princess of Magic, am just learning about this?”

Reynolds rubbed his wrinkled face with his hands and sighed. “The reason the books never mention anything about nanotechnology is first... your species hasn’t developed a nanoscope, therefore you never discovered them. Secondly, when I made the discovery, your species was already six millennia into history, nearly half the books were already written!” he said. “Do you have any idea what old Equestrian society would’ve done to me if I came out and told them that everything they knew was a lie!? I would be strung up before them like the Catholic church!” Reynolds sighed. “But, again, as I said... just because there are these robots, doesn’t mean there still isn’t magic involved. For all I know, these things could be Magitech.”

“Magi-what?” I finally spoke up.

Both Twilight and Reynolds glanced over at me. “Magitech, machines that also run on magic. Because these nanites produce unbelievable amounts of power, nearly everything I have that is magitech can run for thousands of years without ever running out of juice.”

I snorted and shook my head. “Magitech sounds very dumb and generic though. You’re a scientist, Reynolds, why not give it some dumb long name? Maybe throw some Latin at it.”

“Latin?” Twilight looked at us with a tilted head.

“A long dead language,” Reynolds answered her quickly looking back at me. “And like what would I call it?”

“I dunno maybe something dumb like Unobtanium or something,” I chuckled as I rested my hands on my thighs.

Reynolds snorted a laugh and shook his head. “Oh don’t even get me started.” He leaned forward into his seat, a hand stroking his beard in thought. “How about Magicite, or... Magicillium?”

I shrugged. “All sounds like gibberish to me.”

Twilight however tapped her chin with a hoof. “I actually kinda like the sound of that last one, makes it sound...”

“Sciency?” I cocked an eyebrow and giggled. “I think it sounds like you two are gurgling on marbles.” I laughed.

Reynolds rolled his eyes. “The feeble minded will never understand the true benefits of science.” He smiled at Twilight who simply nodded in reply.

I frowned, ‘Are they calling me stupid?’ “Wh-what’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, sounding a bit frustrated.

Reynolds waved a hand to the side. “Nothing,” he said, “we’re just poking fun, is all.” He grabbed his glass of water and took a sip from it. “Say... where’s Little Chloe?”

I chuckled and scratched the back of my head nervously. “Oh uh... she and... damn... uh Celestia?” Reynolds and Twilight both nodded their heads. “They went out for a little walk around.”

The was a momentary silence and felt strangely out of place. My heart beating against my chest, I crossed my toes and fingers hoping he would buy it. “A walk this late in the evening?” Reynolds stroked his beard and then shrugged. “Ah, whatever...” he then yawned. “As long as Celestia is with her then she should be fine.” He ran a hand under his eye.

“Is somebody feeling sleepy?” I smirked and laced my arms together and leaned back in my chair, the old man cackled and nodded his head.

“I’m mentally exhausted,” he sighed as his head drooped a little bit.

“You tell me,” I also laughed.

Twilight fluttered her wings a bit and smiled at me. “Well if you’re tired as well, Chloe, I can probably see to it that a room is available for you.”

I raised an eyebrow and looked over at Twilight. “Really you can do that?”

“Of course I can,” Twilight smiled as she looked rather proud of herself. “I am a Princess, I can just simply ask a guard—”


“Actually, Chloe,” Reynolds said as he sliced Twilight off mid sentence. “Why don’t you rest down in the vault tonight with your daughter and I?” He leaned forward and gestured out with an open hand. “The little one would surely like to spend more time with her mother.”

“Well...” I scratched my chest. “If that were true... wouldn’t she be here right now?”

“Oh, don’t say things like that,” Twilight said to me. “she’s probably just a little shy.” Reynolds nodded his head in agreement.

“Not only that, she also doesn’t get to hangout with the princesses as often,” Reynolds added. “But if you stay the night... the three of us can stay up and get to know each other better. I have plenty of games downstairs and I was able to preserve the old Playstation 7.”

My eyes flickered back to the old man as he mentioned the game console. “Wait... you mean...”

Reynolds nodded his head. “Got about two hundred and forty eight games downloaded onto it.” He chuckles. “Not much, I played and beaten all of them at least ten times over.”

“You play video games?” I leaned forward and rested my arms on the table, bust resting on top, I smirked at the man. “What happened to them being nothing but a waste of time?”

“Wait, what’s a video game?” Twilight asked, looking between us.

Reynolds shook his head and gave an old gravely laugh. “Oh don’t get me started... I was alone, okay, and there were times in which I got bored to high hell.”

I laughed and slowly pushed myself up. “Alright then, show me what you got and I bet you, after sixteen thousand years, I can still kick your ass.”

“Is that a challenge, Love?” The old man sneered as he crossed his arms.

“No I’m positive it’s a fact,” I said with a half snarl in my voice.

Twilight’s head was snapping back and forth. “Wh-what are you two talking about?” She summoned a dictionary and started cycling through it. “Wh-what’s a video game?!”

“Don’t underestimate me little girl~” The old man slowly started rising from his chair, he reached down and grabbed what looked to be a black cane. “Probably played far more than you ever have in your lifetime.”

“Geh, such a no life,” I laughed.

Reynolds blushed and shook his head. “Wh-what was I supposed to do at night after work?” he chuckled lightly.

Twilight huffed and teleported the book away when she couldn't find the term. visibly annoyed, she sat back and crossed her forehooves. “How about we go dust off our skills then?” I smiled.

“I’d love to, but instead of walking...” The old geezer motioned with a finger for me to come over to him, I stepped out from in front of my chair and started to make my way around the table. “While you were out in the restroom, Princess Sparkle and I were tampering with my... what did you call it?”

“Blinking.” Twilight said with a smile due to this being a conversation she could contribute to.

Reynolds looked at me. “Really, it’s just a teleportation device.”

“That works, too.” The princess shrugged her wings.

“Wait, you have a teleporter?” I smiled widely.

Reynolds nodded with a grin as he saw me smile. “Yes, matter of fact this is it.” He shook his cane. “Earlier, I was having issues calibrating it, but now I think I got it settled thanks to the princess here.”

Twilight beamed. “You’re welcome!” Her tail wagged a bit like a dog’s. “Anything that has magic involved I’m pretty much an expert at.”

Reynolds snickered. “Well then, I bet you are seeing that you’re... well the Princess of Magic.” He ran his hand through Twilight’s mane. “Say, would you like to join us, Princess Sparkle?”

“Yeah, Twilight,” I said, “join us, it’ll be great!” ‘Mainly because I just want to see her reaction to the games, oh shit she’s going to be so thrown off.’ I couldn’t help but giggle at the thought of her trying to talk to a character on screen.

The mare literally started jittering, suddenly a notebook and quill with an ink pot appeared at her sides. “A-alright! I’d love to hangout with you, too!” She smiled so wide, I swore her face was going to be torn in half.

“Then it’s settled!” Reynolds grabbed his cane, with a flick of his thumb the top came off to reveal a red button. “Just grab onto me and we’ll be down in the vault within a few seconds.”

I chuckled and rested my hand on his shoulder. “Alright, what game are you planning on failing in?” I asked.

Reynolds chuckled. “Wolfenacht.”

My eyes go wide. “Oh shit you don’t mean... which one?”

“The latest one before the great impact,” he smiled at me.

“Wh-what? Really, b-but I haven’t played that one yet!” I panicked a little, Twilight was back to looking super confused.

“Oh then, guess who’ll be getting their ass beat now?” With that Reynolds clicked the button and my whole world went white.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait, I am now finishing up my last year of high school. I had a massive project I needed to finish, luckily it is done now. I also have my final exams coming up so progress will still be a bit slow. I hope you all enjoyed this more slice of life like chapter.