• Published 24th Jul 2015
  • 20,907 Views, 908 Comments

An Unexpected Life - alejin



Saved by his mother from drowning when he was a baby, Saved by Celestia who found him and raised him as a son, what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bright Sunny, let's find out.

  • ...
61
 908
 20,907

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18, So screwed! (Season Finale)

Author's Note:

Here is it, The season Finale, I hope you like the story this far, I will take a little hiatus for maybe a month, no more I promise. to think about new ideas and to be honest play Metal Gear 5 the phantom pain.

please comment.

Cya in one month with this story, Friendship is life is still going out regulary.

“C’mon Steel! You need to do it better than that!”

Zahari said that while watching Steel practicing his meditation in a near forest, the first step was to strengh his mind to summon the and mantain the Axe, he had been doing that for the last three weeks with little improvement, every day Zahari pushed Steel to his limits, by this moment, he was starting to piss off.

“I know Zahari! Sorry Ok? This is tougher than I thought!”

“hmmm, after what you say about master all Strong Will’s techniques in one year. . . you should think better about it, at this pace. . .make it in 10 years”

“10 years? Ok that’s it! what gives you the right to say that? You are a potion maker! Not a warrior! besides. . . it’s not like you are the wielder of the axe! I know you said you will teach me but it’s not like you know how it feels to have this Axe!”

Zahari narrowed her and said:

“give me the ring!”

“. . . what?”

“give me the ring Steel, now!”

“I don’t think thats a good idea Zahari. . . it could electrify you, remember?”

“Just give me the ring!”

Steel rolled his eyes, he removed the ring of his finger and tossed it to Zahari, he was ready to laught when she`d get the electroshock but . . .to his surprised, when the ring touched Zahari’s hoof, it shined and changed form, now the ring was bigger and fitted in Zahari’s hoof, like a bracelet.

“What the. . .” - Steel said, not believing what he was seeing, Zahari smirked and the with little effort, she summoned the axe in her mouth and then she made it dissapear at will, she then aproached to Steel and said:

“I was chosen many years ago my sweet human but I’m not interested in power or anything like that, all I want is a peacefull life here in Zebrica, that’s why I decided to let the Axe to the next chosen one, even so, just as a sport, I mastered all Strong Will techniques, just in case.”

Zahari then started to show Steel all the techniques she knew with the Axe, Steel had his jawn on the floor by that moment. Zahari chuckled.

“I mastered them in one year, than’s why I know you can do it as well but you need to make a better effort, what you say? Are you ready to stop whining and start to listen to me?”

“Yes. . .master Zahari”

“That’s better, now catch!”

Zahari then threw the ring back to Steel, when he touched, it again change shape to fit in Steel’s finger.

“Very well my dear human, we will need to doublé our training if you want to be ready in one year, are you ready?”

“YES MASTER ZAHARI!”

“That’s my human

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(ZAHARI’S DIARY P.O.V)

Day - - - -

Today I introduced Steel to all Zebraville, almost everyzebra recieved him with open hooves, even the mayor, somehow I convinced him to not use his mask, he reluctant accepted, many zebras asked him tons of questions, even that zebra who likes so much to speak in rhymes, sweet lady but too traditional for my liking, even though I must admit, this day ended way better than I imagined.

Day - - - -

He is getting better in his meditations sessions, we meditated for hours, he was starting to get very impatient again but after a good hits in the head with my bamboo stick, he finally go the idea of being quiet, I didn’t say it but I have to admit it, I had so much fun this day, I can’t say he had one too.

Day - - - -

It’s been two months since Steel has been training and living with me, thanks to him, my potion making improved a lot, he helps me finding the ingredients I need, I think I will teach him how to make potions, it could help him in the future,.

Day - - - -

He did it! He has finally got used to the Axe, now he can have it in his hands as if it was an extention of his body, it took him 3 months but I must say, I’m proud of him, Onyx would be proud as well, I hope not to find out those ponies abandoned such a good human, It wouldn’t surprise me, for what I read, almost everypony rejects what they don’t understand, I hope that Rhyming Zebra is doing ok in that place. . .how was it called. . Ponyville?

Day - - - -

I’ve been in the hospital for 2 days, Steel saved my life, we were collecting some herbs when a pair of chimeras attacked us, they took us by surprise, one of them hurt me badly, too bad for my potions to help, I thought it was my end but he. . .he awakened his first power, I think it was for desperation, but he did it, he focused all his energy in his axe and shot a powerfull lightning beam to both of them, they ended toasted, he didn’t hold back in that attack, it left him very tired but still he managed to take me here, he is really a good human”

Day - - - -

I’m finally got out! Steel showed me all his improvement, Sweet Mother of all Zebras, he nows can shot some more lightning beams without tiring him off, still, I think we need to work harder in his stamina, I’m starting to think he might actually achieve what he said, only 7 months left, wee need to rush.

Day - - - -

Today, something really strange happened, everyzebra in town noticed how the night lasted a lot longer than usual but Steel noticed something else, that image of a mare in the moon dissapeared, it was very strange.

Day - - - -

The mare in the moon never appeared again, somehow it afected Steel, he seemed to like that image, like if it respresented something important to him, I heard something interesting from travelers, it seems there is a new Alicorn in Equestria, after hearing that, I decided to train Steel even harder, now he will have to deal with 3 alicorns.

Day - - - -

3 techniques! Steel mastered 3 techniques already! I was a witness and still can’t believe it, only two months left and he still have 1 more technique to go, I’m sure he will, right now he is already stronger than any creature I met.

Day - - - -

Today I cought Steel looking at my flank again, wow! I can’t believe he still does it, he thinks I didn’t notice even the first time we met almost one year ago, he blushed deeply, he is so cute, he tries to hide it but he is, if only he was 20 years older.

Day - - - -

Steel did it! He mastered the 4th one! he is really special, he showed it to me and wow! He did it good this past year, I’m so proud of him, every rock I threw to him, he recieved it and kept going, he really has Onyx’s spirit in him, I’d like to say he is ready but that would be a big lie, all this training was to help him face this world’s dangers but no matter how much stronger he gets, he will not have any chance againts an Alicorn or other beings as strong as them and I’m sure he knows that too, I hope he would never have to face them.

Day - - - -

I can’t believe it, today, Steel told me he wants to train for a couple more months, he told me he needs to train his stamina even more, he is right, using the axe tires him very quickly, I must say I’m happy, at least we can hang out for a little more time.

Days - - - -

I can’t belive how fast the time passed, Steel will leave very soon, let’s have the best party ZebraVille have seen in years!.

(END OF P.O.V)

Steel was celebrating with all his friends in Zahari’s house, it was his farewell party, this was the day he’d go to Equestria, it was special since Mrs Margaret and Jilt were there as well, many zebras wished him good luck, some even told him to say hi to their rhyming zebra friend now residing there since almost one year, they celebrated all night.

The next morning, he was ready to finish his journey, before going, Margaret gave him a crushing hug.

“Oh my Sweet Steel, please be carefull there, remember what I told you one year ago, you will always have a home in Minus and if any of those ponies makes you feel bad, you just need to tell me and I will make sure to make them wish to never being born.”

“She is right” Mr Jilt joined

“Thanks Mrs Margaret and Mr Jilt, I’ll have it in mind”

“And don’t forget to count Zebrica as a 2nd home too” Zahari said

“Thanks Zahari. . . for everything and I know you noticed already but I want to say it anyway. . . . I always thought you were very attractive even if you are in your fourties, your flank drives me crazy”

Zahari blushed a little, chuckling she said:

“Yep, I always knew and don’t worry, I also think I’m very attractive”

Steel chuckled too, she then kissed him in the cheek and whispered in his ear:

“Come back when you are 25, experienced and if you are still attracted by my flank, maybe I will give you a chance”

Steel blushed a noded, Jilt then aproached to him with some maps in his clawns, he placed them in the table.

“Just to verify Steel, remember you need to take this road through the mountains, there is almost not security there, you can cross to Equestria from there, normally I would recomend you to cross from a checkpoint but knowing ponies. . . well let’s say it would be wise to keep a low profile for now, to enter to Canterlot there is no choice, you will have to walk through the city at day or infiltrate during the night, your choice”

Steel took the maps and noded.

“Thanks Mr Jilt, I will decide once I’m there, who knows? Maybe ponies are more accepting than we think. . .right?”

Zahari rolled her eyes and said:

“Remember what Zecora told us in her last letter?”

“Zecora. . . the rhyming Zebra?”

“Yes”

“. . . . Oh yeah!. . . good point”

After saying his last farewells to his friends, Steel proceded his long journey to Equestria, he was very confident, his training with Onyx and Zahari was tought but not imposible, after everything they forced him go through, there was not way Canterlot could be that bad. . . right?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(PRESENT)

Before she could do anything, Steel delivered a electrified punch to her cheek, sending her to the ground, he started to fall, Cadence tried to reach him but she was still too weak, everypony horrified looked how he started to descend to his death, Twilight screamed, she couldn’t bear to see him die again but to their surprise, a few meters from the ground, The axe, pointing down an his feet were covered in electricity and he started to land slowly, with a soft sound he landed safely outside the chapel.

Steel chuckled and said to Chrysalis who was still recovering from the hit.

“You were right! I can’t fly but I can Jump very good”

Chrysalis was nuzzling her cheek, then a tooth came out of his mouth, she stared at it for some seconds before exploding in pure rage, with daggers in her eyes, she looked at Steel and screamed:

“YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS FILTY CREATURE!”

Chrysalis casted hundreds of magical green swords and shot them directly to Steel, he in response, charged all his power and screamed:

“Plasma Barrier!” – There was no need to scream his attacks but he did it anyway! It made him feel cool.


He surounded himself in a electrified bubble, no magical sword managed to break it and were evaporated for the electricity, after seeing it, Chrysalis shouted:

“IF THAT DOESN’T WORK THEN. .”

She casted a 3 meters green long sword to try to pierce that barrier.

“Hmmm, a close combat uh? then. . . . “Plasma Edge!”

Steel focused his electricity in his axe’s edge and it proyected a huge cyan spectral edge of 1 meter long, it seemed as if he had the bigest axe never seen.

The spectral edge clashed with the magical long sword, Chrysalis and Steel were sparing now, he was impressed, his Plasma edge could cut anything and her magic was deflecting it, this bugpony was strong, they kept clashing their weapons until he used his electric strenght to deflect her and sent her flying away, he then jumped and tried to hit her in the face a second time, she countered with her magical sword and delivered a huge hit to him in mid air, he managed to block it but the preasure sent him flying away, falling to his death again, he was heading right to Canterlot’s city center, he managed soft the hit by evoking an electrified barrier that surounded him but still, the damage was huge, everypony and changeling looked at him and the cráter he made with his landing.

Chrysalis knewing the freak didn’t die and started to fly at full speed at him, Steel with much effort composed himself and started to shot lightning beams at her, she dodged them with ease, realizing that wasn’t working, he jumped at her full speed too, Chrysalis didn’t see him coming, he was incredible fast, once he was a few inches from her, he delivered a kick in her stomach, she felt stuned but he didn’t stop there, he then grabed her head with one hand and gave her a electroshock of 10,000 volts, the Queen hished in pain and fell to the ground, everypony and changelings were shocked as well, the creature was fighting Chrysalis and was. . . winning?

Steel landed nicely again by using his powers as bumper, he hoped nopony or changeling noticed but. . .he was at his limit, after his subjects saw her queen down, they started to charge their horns to shot beams at him, he had enough energy to cast his plasma barrier but it wouldn’t last for too long.

“STOOOOOOP!”

Everychangeling stopped and saw their queen standing up, she slowly aproached to a still covered Steel.

“I WILL BE THE ONE WHO KILLS HIM!”

Everychangeling smirked and let her pass. While she was aproaching to him, Steel was thinking.

“I think this is it, unless some incredible miracle happens in the next minute, I’m done for, damn! I can’t believe how stupid I was, I totally underestimated her”

Chrysalis, already licking his lips, casted an even bigger green magical sword, Steel looked a it, in his current state, there was not way he could deflect that!

“DIE FREAK! DON’T WORRY, YOUR SKULL WILL DECORATE MY THRONE ROOM!”

The Queen proceded to end Steel but was stopped when she heard his subjects screaming at the distance, she tried to ignore them for she was trying to enjoy the moment, but the screams were getting closer, she turned around and noticed how a giant magenta barrier started to aproach to them, it was pushing every changeling in it’s way, she screamed and tried to contain it but failed miserable, before she could finish the job, she found herself being pushed by the barrier too, the next second, she and all her changelings were expelled from Canterlot and sent away.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

(THE CHAPEL, 5 MINUTES AGO)

Twilight and Cadence couldn’t believe it, “Bright” was giving Chrysalis a hard time but Cadence was wise enough to know Chrysalis was stronger than him, he wouldn’t last much longer, she had to help him but how? She then felt Twilight’s hoof holding hers.

“Go with Shinning Armor, he and Bright need you”

Cadence got close to her groom, he was still brainwashed, with the last of her strenght, she casted her love spell on him, it was just a little but enough to wake Shinning up, she looked confused and said:

“What?. . .is the wedding over?”

“Shinning! There is no time to explain! We need to save Canterlot and Bright!”

“ok. . .wait. . . you said. . Bright?. . . you know he is no. . ahem, longer with us right?”

“As I said, there is no time to explain, cast your spell to repel the invasión”

“Invasion? – Shinning asked but then saw all the changelings outside – Ok!”

Shinning Armor tried to cast the spell but failed.

“I can’t I don’t have enought power to repel them”

Cadence knowing his “cousin” life was in danger, aproached to him.

“My love will give you strenght”

Cadence’s horn glowed and helped Shinning Armor’s to glow too, the second later both of them were surounded in a magical aura and their mane started to float, their eyes shined and both of them casted a powerfull forcé field spell, only Twilight and her friends were there, but they swear both of them formed the shape of a heart with their bodies, the field pushed everychangeling away, including the Queen, leaving Canterlot safe and an injured human in the center of the city. Not saying any word, Cadence started to fly to the city.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Steel opened his eyes and released his barrier, he was relieved, he thought the barrier would push him too, he stood up and walked out of the cráter, when he finally reached the surface, he noticed dozens of ponies looking at him, as always, he expected that, some of them were looking at him amazed, some with disgust, some royal guards were aproaching to him, with spears in hooves, he searched his bags, after realizing they were empty, he facepalmed his forehead.

“Stupid! I left my potions in my backpack at the forest” he thought.

He didn’t want to admit it, but he was trapped, he had no energy left to defend himself, hoping for the best, he said:

“hi every. . pony, I was just traveling near Canterlot and saw. . the invasión and decided to help a little, now that all of them are gone. . .I think I will just. . . continue my way ok? Cya!”

Steel started to walk away trying to not make any eye contact with anypony but a few steps later. . .

“Halt!” a dozen of royal guards in front of him screamed.

Steel took his chances.

“Didn’t you see me helping you with the changelings, I mean no harm, I just want to get away from here”

The guards didn’t abandon their position, Steel knew there was no way to get out there without a fight, but he was so wasted, with work he was standing, he summoned his axe, this alerted the guards to take attack positions.

“STOP!!”

Everypony and human looked at the source of the sound, it was Princess Cadence, she landed between the guards and Steel.

“Princess! please move! He is dangerous!”

Princess Cadence ignored the guard and started to walk to Steel. He made a few steps back to try to long distance with her.

“Stop! I don’t want any troubles, I just want to get out of here. . . please, I promise I will not return here, now I know coming here was a huge mistake, just let me go”

Cadence ignored him and kept walking, strangely, she was sharing some tears, Steel in a desperate try to bluff, took a battle position, Cadence stopped for a moment but kept walking a second after, Steel, looking his bluff didn’t work, resigned and lowered his guard, the last thing he needed at that moment was opossing one of the most powerfull beings in all Equestria, not to mention she was Royalty, he dissapeared his axe and closed his eyes to wait for . . . whatever that would happen.

“I’m so screwed!” He thought.

PreviousChapters Next