• Published 24th Jul 2015
  • 20,884 Views, 908 Comments

An Unexpected Life - alejin



Saved by his mother from drowning when he was a baby, Saved by Celestia who found him and raised him as a son, what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bright Sunny, let's find out.

  • ...
61
 908
 20,884

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10, An Unexpected Encounter

Author's Note:

Ok, here is the first chapters of the second season.

I want to thank to my pre readers, they helped me by pre reading the whole season, I hope you like it as they liked it, also I want to thank Shadicbro Brony for helping me with the grammar, I'm sorry if there still are some mistakes.

Well. . . welcome to the second season. please comment.

UNEXPECTED LIFE

SECOND SEASON

Bright Sunny was running through the dark forest. He was scared and hurt. He was holding his left arm with the right, for it was broken, and it hurt so much but he didn’t care about that. For the moment, the only thing he cared was to stay away from that mean unicorn. He didn’t know how he survived that huge balloon crash and didn’t have the time to think about it. The only thing he cared for was running for his life.

He still could hear him, running after him and screaming:

“YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE FROM ME YOU FREAK! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! MY CREW IS DEAD THANKS TO YOU! YOU ARE GOING TO PAY!

That mean pony “Heart Stealer” wasn’t joking. He feared what he would do to him if he managed to catch him, ignoring the immense pain, Bright continued running. He finally got out of the forest and found himself in the open fields. He kept running but a stunt beam hit him in his back. It didn’t hurt but he couldn’t move. With much effort he turned his head and saw that unicorn.

“Got you!” He said. “Now, what am I going to do with you?”

Bright was close to pee his pants when he heard him approaching. Suddenly, he heard something else coming from behind him. Then going out from the forest, two timberwolves were approaching. They were covered in the blood of the poor souls they had already eaten.

Stealer, Watching them screamed: “Stay away from me! he is mine! I am the one who is going to kill him! You heard me!?”

The timberwolves then started to attack the unicorn. He defended himself by throwing beams to them. They didn’t help him very much since he was too weak, he was doom if things kept this way.

Bright watched them for a minute and he finally started to feel his body again, it seemed Stealer was weak after all. The stunt spell weared off very fast, and he stood up and started to run again, one of the Timberwolves saw him and started to go after him, seeing this, Stealer smirked and screamed.

“ENJOY BEING A SNACK FREAK!”

He then, used all his strength left and fired a powerful beam to his wolf opponent, it exploded leaving nothing more than little branches, with one final glance to the wolf running after the freak, he chuckled and ran back to the forest.

Bright kept running until he reached a litte river, he facepalmed for his bad luck, there was no way he could reach the other side with one broken arm, not to mention he didn’t know how to swim. Thinking one way to cross, he heard the monster behind him. He turned around and saw those horrible glowing green eyes, this was it. His end. He felt colder than ever, he saw his life running in his eyes and started to regret all the things he didn’t do with his mommy, Cadence and friends, it broke his little heart.

“Nopony is coming for me. . . right?”

Bright said and looked at the river and then at the wolf, either way he was dead but at least dying drowned was better than eaten. . . right?

The wolf noticed how Bright was staring the river. Not wanting to lose his snack, he jumped with it’s bloody mouth to bite Bright’s little head, Bright saw him and with one last effort he jumped to the river but didn’t notice his pendant, for the sudden fast jump, abandoned his hidden place under his shirt and was now flowing in the air, the wolf bite it and removed it from his neck, covering it all in pony blood.

“My pendant! Nooo! Mommy!”

Those were the last words Bright said before landing in the wáter, the river dragged him with forcé, he was in the bottom of the little river, struggling to come out with no success, he felt like if all his body was crushed, the pain in his arm was unbearable, but he didn’t feel it for much time, a river rock hit his head and everything went blank. . .

He was never seen in Equestria in the next 8 years.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

( 8 years later )

A creature was walking in a little road around the mountain next to the one where Canterlot was built, he was a little exhausted for his long journey from Zebrica but he kept going, thinking everything was gonna pay off, at some meters away to finally see the city he was looking for.

“Damn! This was really a long journey, for how long have I been walking. . . Oh yeah! 3 days! 3 FREAKING DAYS!! This better worth it! Zahari!, you sexy Zebra, you and your Potion really did it, I’m glad it helped me to understand those dreams better but. . . WHY DID THEY HAVE TO BE PONIES?. . . (sigh) at least you were kind enough to train me after him, (sigh) I hope those ponies really have the answers I need, I must be careful as well, as my friends told me, those creatures tend to reject anything they haven’t seen before and well. . . I’m unique, maybe an alien, I hope not to find a weirdo obsessed with science?”

He saw the end of the road, he was finally going to see Canterlot. Very excited for getting to the end of this long journey he said, “I’m finally close to reach my destination! I’m finally reaching Canterlot! According to Zahari, there is where the most important ponies live, Including two of the three Alicorns I’m looking for and who knows? I may find some of the other ponies I saw as well in those dreams, I hope at least to find the Pink Alicorn, if she was beautiful in those memories, now she must be hot! Or maybe the purple unicorn, she looked cute as a filly, I bet now she has to be hot as well. . . ok! Back to the topic, I’m finally here!”

(Turning the mountain to see Canterlot)

HERE I AM CANTER. . . . (Watch the Changelings breaking the Force Field) . . . . LOT?

He stayed there, not saying anything, he was surprised and shocked, but most of all. . . he was ANGRY, was it too much a quiet journey for once? – he thought, feeling the anger increasing, he shouted, “DAAAAAAAAAAAMN! GREAT! THIS IS JUST GREAT! They had to be invaded precisely this day, why not tomorrow? WHY NOT TOMORROW? WHYYYYYYY? Forget it! I’m out, I don’t need to know a damn . . . .”

(PROMISE ME YOU WILL FIND OUT. . . . . )

He heard the voice of his friend and master echoing in his head, sighing. He remembered his promise and said, “. . . . I am not escaping from this. . . am I? Damn dude, you really screwed me in that one didn’t you? (sigh) Ok! Let’s play the hero but if they can’t answer my questions, I will be expecting at the very least a feast after this! They better have lots of meat!”

He put on his special armor and proceed to continue his way to Canterlot, while walking and warming up a little for the battle next to come, he started to think, “How did I get in this mess again?. . . oh yeah! I remember now”

- - - - - - - - - -

(8 years ago)

An old minotaur was relaxing next to a river, with his fishing net already in place to catch some delicious fishes, while waiting for his meal, he was thinking, “I hope this time I get something, I’m so hungry”

He then heard his net being pulled, he immediately stood up and ran to see what he got, by the sound, it had to be a huge fish, when he retrieved the fishnet and saw what was inside, he almost had a heart attack, mixed with some fishes, he found the strangest creature he had ever see, he looked like somekind of monkey but taller and had no fur, he also was dressed like some of those “nobles” ponies he disliked so much, it wasn’t moving at that moment, he thought it was dead, using a stick he found on the ground, he pocked the creature, the moment he pocked the stomach, the creature started to cough some wáter, lot of wáter.

The geezer jumped back for the surprise, but what surprised him more was that when the creature turned around, a huge cut in his head was revealed, it was bleeding badly and by the looks, it seemed it had one broken arm as well. The old minotaur sighed and said, “It looks you need help lad, (sigh) ok, let’s see what I can do but be warned! In case I can save you, you are costing me time, effort and resources, too much to help you for free, you better be a hard worker for this will cost you a lot or in any case, I hope your meat taste good”

Of course, the little monkey couldn’t hear him, the Minotaur scratched his mane and proceed to pulled him up in his arms, he may be old but still had the strength his species were so proud of, he started to walk to a nearby cave.

- - - - - - - - - - -

“Bright. . . . Bright. . . .wake up sweetie. . . wake up”

The little creature heard someone calling him, it was a female, he couldn’t see who it was since everything was dark but she sounded. . . warm and kind and he somehow started to feel warm too, raising his arm in the dark, trying to reach the source of that beautifull voice, he managed to say, “Who are you?”

- - - - - - - - - -

The little creature opened his eyes and found himself in some kind of cave, it wasn’t dark since there were some torches lighting the place, he couldn’t see much because he started to feel a terrible headache that forced him to close his eyes for the immense pain and not only that, one of his arms also hurt a lot, as his head, it was bandaged, he didn’t know how he ended in that place but certainly was thankful to whoever helped him.

He opened his eyes again to watch again his surroundings, the first thing he noticed was he was naked, he didn’t know why, but he felt embarrassed and shocked, somehow he knew it was wrong to be around like that, he used the sheet of his bed to make an improvised gown, he tried to stand up but he was still too tired to do so.

He laid off on the bed again and tried to sleep a little more, sooner or later his savior had to show up. One hour later, he finally heard some hoofsteps, when he raised his head, he saw a strange creature, he had hair covering all his body, it was grey, he also had a black mane and beard, he was thin but also had muscles, making very clear he wasn’t weak, his head along with his mane was adorned with two pointed things.

This creature was definitely someone he didn’t want to piss off, he felt scared, who was he? May he the one who saved him? Maybe he was the same species as him, he tried to see if he had the same pointed things in his head but didn’t found any, maybe for being younger he didn’t have them yet, the creature immediately noticed him and stared back, he started to walk to him.

The little creature, feeling scared, shielded himself with his good arm, he then heard something landing on the bed, it was a bowl filled with some kind of soup, the big creature putted it on there, he stared at him with disbelieving eyes, the big creature huffed and said, “Eat up kiddo, I need you healed as soon as possible so you can start paying your debt”

The “Kiddo” (he thought maybe that was his name) was shocked, he was reluctant about the food but when he heard his stomach growl, he grabbed the spoon and proceeded to eat, he didn’t know what was this food but it was delicious, he ate it all with gusto, the little pieces of meat were the best part, the Big Creature chuckled and said, “At least I know now you can eat meat since you gladly ate all your fish stew, now go and sleep some more, we have work to do in the morning and don’t worry, your clothes are almost dried, I’ll give them to you tomorrow, I don’t know how but I thought you might catch a cold if I didn’t take them from you”

“Tha...thanks sir”

“Don’t thank me yet kiddo, I’m still not sure what am I going to do with you yet, everything will depend of your efforts tomorrow and in the next days”

“O. . .Okay. . . sir?”

“What?”

“May I ask a question. . . sir?”

“Go ahead and I’m no sir, I have a name! is Dark Onyx! Got it!?”

“Yes, yes sir. . . I mean Mr Dark Onyx”

“Just Onyx is ok. . . allright, what you want to ask?”

“Am I a creature like you? I mean, are we the same species?”

“Kiddo, I can say I am a minotaur but you, you are definitely not one and to be honest with you, I never saw anything like you, what are you? you don’t know?”

He shooked his head.

“Do you know at least where are you from?”

“. . . . . . No Mr Onyx”

“Well, it seems you have amnesia. Just perfect. That is really a problem”

“Amnesia?”

“Yes! it’s when you can’t remember anything about your past, it’s a pain in the flank if you ask me”

The little creature didn’t know what to say, Mr Onyx didn’t know what or who he was, everything kept getting more complicated at every second, wait a minute? If he wasn’t a minotaur like Mr Onyx and he said he never saw something like him. . . then. . . how he looked like? Wanting to know right away he asked, “Mr Onyx. . . do you maybe have something I can see how I look like? I think. . .they are called. . mirrors?”

“I told you just Only. . . whatever and. . . a mirror?. . sure, wait a minute”

Mr Onyx searched in his belongings and found a little shattered “mirror” he passed it to the kiddo who immediately proceeded to look at his reflection. When he saw himself, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing, Mr Onyx was right, they were nothing alike, he stared at the reflection and only asked, “What. . . am I?. . . Who am I?”

PreviousChapters Next