• Published 24th Jul 2015
  • 20,730 Views, 908 Comments

An Unexpected Life - alejin



Saved by his mother from drowning when he was a baby, Saved by Celestia who found him and raised him as a son, what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bright Sunny, let's find out.

  • ...
61
 908
 20,730

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 49, A Brave Fillie

Author's Note:

I'M NOT DEAD!!!!

Sorry, I have to take that out my system, now... Hi everypony, I'm glad to see none of you lost faith in me, thank you for that, I know I've been away for a lot of time but I'm writting again, I promised my self I will finish this season and I'll so do it!!

I'm also writting for my other story but with that one I'm having bigger problems with ideas but is not dead I promise, it's my first story and of course I will finish it.

IMPORTANT NOTE

This chapter was not edited since my editor is very very busy, I did my best and sorry for the grammar errors.

Once again, it's so nice to see you again.

-¿What?

-There is a chance…

Scootaloo listened very well what Prince Bright had just said, it wasn't like she didn’t understand what he was saying, it was just… unexpected

-¿Can… can you please say that again?

-(Sigh) There is a chance Scootaloo, Mr Jilt told me himself, it’s a very long shot… but there is a chance.

Scootaloo stared her prince, she was out of words, she felt strange, on one side, she wanted to jump out of joy but she wasn’t stupid, by looking at Bright, it was obvious there was something she didn’t know yet.

-Pri… Prince Bright, ¿There is more you didn’t tell me yet, right?

-You really are very clever my little pegasus…

Scootaloo and Bright kept staring each other for seconds.

-Soooooo, ¿Are you going to tell me?- The little pegasus asked.

-I don’t know Scootaloo, I don’t know if you can handle what you want to know.

-Please Prince Bright… you know you have to tell me now.

-Ok…

Bright proceeded to tell his little pony about what his gryphon friend told him, about the surgery the little pegasus needed, the chances and what would happen if it goes wrong, once again Bright hated himself for what he was doing but his belief remained, those were her wings and she needed to know all the truth.

When he ended the explanation, Bright looked at the little pony, she was silent and only kept staring at him, a minute later, she finally found her voice.

-So… I may heal or… ¿Lose my wings’ mobility?

-…yes

Once again, both of them became silent, not daring to say a word, it was really an ackward moment, what could the human say to a little fillie after telling her what he just said, while he was thinking about that, she spoke:

-I think I will go back to sleep… good night Prince Bright.

-¿Uh?... ok.

Bright saw Scootaloo walking away.

-¿Did I do the right thing?- He wondered.

The following days were peacefull for the human and his friends, Scootaloo kept meeting more minotaurs and gryphins in the Market, Bright tried to talk to her more than once about what to do about her surgery but she kept avoiding the subject with silly excuses.

I’m still thinking about it.

It’s too soon to decide what to do

I’ll tell you later

It was always the same, Bright tried to be patient for the little fillie since it was a really heavy decision for her but everything got more complicated with a visit from his friend Jilt, he told him that he needed to be in the Capital of Gryphonia for a long research there and needed to leave in three days and maybe he would not be back for at least one or two months, Scootaloo needed to make her choice quickly.

Knowing there was no other way around, Bright did what he had to do, that night, after dinner, Bright gathered every creature in the living room. Flying hope was combing Scootaloo’s mane while Mrs Margaret and Jilt were just sitting there, expecting for Bright to start.

-Scootaloo… I think we really need to talk about you know what…

-¿What? Ummmm, I think…

-No, Scootaloo, no more excuses. I need an answer and I need it now, if Mr Jilt doesn’t do the surgery before three days, you may have to wait a long time to do it, we can’t wait anymore.

-Bright…- Flying Hope tried to argue.

-I’m sorry dear but we waited enough time, If we are not going to do anything, there is no meaning in being here anymore, so Scootaloo, ¿What do you want to do?

-I... I…

-Scootaloo, I know it’s not an easy choice and I really hate to make you decide but this is something only you can do, it’s your wings, not ours.

-I… I don’t know- She said in a very low voice that could easily match Fluttershy’s

-¿What? I can’t hear you.

-I DON’T NOW OK!! I MEAN… I REALLY WANT TO FLY! TO HAVE HEALTY WINGS BUT I ALSO MAY LOSE THE LITTLE I HAVE NOW!! IT’S NOT AN EASY DECISION!!

Everycreature watched the little fillie crying, Flying Hope immediately hugged her while stroking her mane. The little pegasus kept talking.

-You see what I can do with my wings now? All my stunts depend on my wings’ propulsion, If I can’t move them… then I’m nothing!!

-Scootaloo!! ¿How can you say that?- Bright screamed in shock.

The little filly stood up and answered:

-It’s true!! ¿What use can a flyless Pegasus have? It was probably what my parents thought when they abandoned me! It’s what everypony in Ponyville thinks! I would be even more worthless if I can’t even move my wings!

-That’s not…

-DON’T LIE TO ME!! Ponyville… it’s a nice town, I know nopony there would say anything about my wings… but I know, I know everypony sees me with pity… just like you see me now… You want to help the little worthless pegasus even when you know it will be a worthless effort again…

-SCOOTALOO!!- Bright screamed with all his strenght. Everycreature was shocked to see him like that, even his fiance. But more than that scream, the little fillie felt a lot worse when she saw him… staring at her with cold and dissapointed eyes

-Scootaloo… ¿Do you really believe what you just said?

-I… I…

-Answer me!

The little pegasus nervously nodded.

-(sigh) Ok, let’s go to sleep.

-¿What? But… but ¿What about what Mr Jilt said? He will…

-¿So what if he is leaving? You already showed me what you are made of, I think there is no need to follow this through.

-Hey!! I never…

-Don’t bother, I know you are a fillie but I really expected a lot more from you, you’ve been living all your life like this, never backed off even to Diamond Tiara’s insults, you managed to become Rainbow Dash's protege and win the Equestria’s games Flag competition… damn! I really expected a lot from you but now I see I was wrong, you are just a scary cat as any other filly.

Scootaloo glared to Bright with furious eyes, nopony ever told her something like that.

-¿ARE YOU CALLING ME A COWARD!!?

-No! I’m calling you defeated! You are fighting a war you already think you lost!

-¿A war? ¿What do you mean?

-You really don’t believe this could work.

-¿What did you expect? After all I went through… everypony would think the same! I’m a fillie! I’m not supposed to…

-Remember when I told you I knew somebody with your same problem?

-Well… yeah…

-Her name is WingRift, a Gryphin I knew when I was a kid, she came to Minus with the hope of flying in the skies.

-And she go it!! I know but ¿What does that have to do with me?

-I never mentioned this before, she was ten years old, just like you!

-¿What?

-Yep, she was the same at your age little pony, even so, she went through the surgery.

-Of… of course she did, her parents decided for her.

-Nope, her parents wanted her to fly but they didn’t want to forcé her to do something she didn’t want to do, they let her chose.

-¿Really? But she was so young ¿How could she decide something like that?

-Easy, she really wanted to take the shot, she was willing to bet the little she had, she had hope… I can say without a doubt… she is the bravest gryphin I ever met.

Bright stood up and looked at the little pegasus again:

-¿You know why I’m telling you this? Because I believe in the power of Believing, everything I did, everything I achieved, I did it believing I could do it, believing that everything would be alright in the end, that’s something I don’t see in you now! Nobody here see it now, you… are really letting me down here.

Scootaloo lowed her head and stared the ground, her tears kept coming out, Flying Hope and Mrs Margaret wanted to hug her but Bright stopped them, he then lower to her level and put his hand on her shoulder.

-Scootaloo… I know it’s unfair, I know you are young, let’s face it, no fillie should be put in this kind of situation, but you are, and now you have to choose and if you choose to do it, I need you to do it because you want to.

-But my Prince… ¿What if… it doesn’t work? ¿What if my wings… get stuck forever?

-If you have to cross that bridge my little pony, I promise you this, you will not cross it alone.

-¿What you mean?

-I’m sorry little filly but that’s something you will have to find out if you need to but I’m sure you won’t. Have faith Scootaloo, have faith that no matter what happens, everything will be alright- Flying Hope answered.

Scootaloo stared at the couple, trying to find any sign of lying or pity… there wasn’t, she was out of words, they really believed her wings could be healed… she saw it in their eyes, she wanted to have that same belief, she needed that same belief.

-I… I will do it!!

-¿What?

-I will do it Prince Bright! I will take the chance!!

-¿Are you sure? ¿Are you really sure sweetie?- Miss Margaret said.

-Yes! I’m sure!

Bright looked at his little friend, she no longer had that same sight she had minutes ago, this time, he could see conviction in them, that same conviction he admired from her.

-Very well my little pony, Mr Jilt, you know what to do ¿Right?

-Yes my friend, little fillie, I promise I will do everything I can to sucess, You’ll see, you will flying in no time. Now I think we all need a rest.

Everybody noded and proceeded to sleep as the gryphin said. Bright carried the little fillie in his arms to her room, soon, he felt Scootaloo’s head rest on his chest.

-Thank you Prince Bright, now I feel a lot better, maybe way better I felt in all my life.

-Really? Well… I’m happy to hear that, never lose that feeling Scootaloo and I promise your life will keep getting better.

-That’s… sounds great- Scootaloo said very sleepy, some seconds later she fell sleep, Bright looked at her one more time before leaving her in the bed.

-I believe you will fly but I think you’d like living as a Princess too ¿Don’t you?

……………….

After leaving the little fillie on her bed, Bright went to his room and took out his lantern with the green everlasting flame and informed his Auntie about what was going to happen, since the first day in Minus, Bright kept his Aunt Luna and mother informed about everything going on, she and her sister were really interested in how the surgery would conclude, it may be the answer for so many pegasi in all Equestria who suffered the same condition as Scootaloo, sometimes he recieved a letter from his mother, telling him to take care and how much he loved him, he smiled when he read them, he definitely had to talk with her when he returned home as he promised.

The day finally came, Bright and his family went with Scootaloo to the comunity hospital, Mr Jilt was already waiting for them with all his staff, the little pegasus started to feel a little nervous but a little kiss and hug from Flying Hope made her feel safe and confident, Bright and Margaret chuckled when they saw that, it was not secret the pretty unicorn was taking a great liking on the little fillie.

-Ok Scootaloo ¿Ready?- Asked the Doctor

-Yes I am, let’s do this sir!

-That’s the spirit, come, let’s get you ready.

Scootaloo then was taken by the nurse but before entering to the restricted área, she turned around and saw Bright, Flying Hope and Margaret

-You… you will be there when I open my eyes after the surgery… ¿Right?

-We will be Scootaloo, remember, you are not alone my little pony- Flying said.

Scootaloo smiled and nodded, when she finally was out of sight, Bright exited the Hospital and walked to the backyard, there he took out his green lantern and sent a letter to his Aunt to let her know the surgery was going to start. He burned his letter and waited some minutes for an answer but it never came.

-Hmmmm, that’s strange, Aunt Luna told me she was going to be expectant for this day, she and my mother…

He sent another letter to see if something would happen, he knew that even if neither of them were there to recieve the letter, they always left a guard to answer and let him know they were not present, after some more minutes, no reply came… there was definitely something wrong.

……………..

-Steel ¿Are you sure you want to leave now? Maybe they are just too busy… they are the Princesses of a whole Country after all- Margaret said

-I’m awared of that Mrs Margaret… it’s just… I don’t know, call it instinct but I know something is not right, trust me in this one.

-Fine but remember that you need to be here when Scootaloo is awake, you promised.

-I will, you can count on that.

Bright and Flying Hope shared a sweet kiss and he then started to fly away, hoping for his instinct to be wrong.

………………..

In the Canterlot Castle, an evil laughing could be hear from the Throne Room, there a Creature sat on the throne who was reading an interesting letter that came out from a green fire next to the Throne, he wondered why Celestia had it but now he knew.

-Hehehehehehe, ¿So you didn’t lose time Celestia during all these years? You have a son, I wonder if he is an alicorn, I sure hope so, having the magic of five would make me unstoppable… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

PreviousChapters Next