• Published 24th Jul 2015
  • 20,829 Views, 908 Comments

An Unexpected Life - alejin



Saved by his mother from drowning when he was a baby, Saved by Celestia who found him and raised him as a son, what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bright Sunny, let's find out.

  • ...
61
 908
 20,829

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6, Magic

BRIGHT’S DIARY P.O.V.

DAY - - - -

It’s been one year since I last saw Sunset Shimmer, I hope she is doing fine, what am I saying? Of course she is doing fine, she is amazing after all, sometimes I still think about her, those beautifull emerald green eyes, I followed her advice and tried to study more but I still like hanging out with my friend Flying Hope, I’m so glad we managed to remain friends after how a yelled to her, an apology and a bowl of Ice cream sealed the deal, her face was priceless, she may be not as beautifull as Sunset but she still is very cute.

DAY - - - -

This year’s birthday was amazing as well, many of my friends come, of course I mean Flying Hope, Cadence, Sweet Rose, Philomena and the rest of the Palace staff, I’d had like Sunset to be here but I still enjoyed my party, I recieved lot of presents, as always, my mommy’s one was the best, it was a gold pendant with a picture of both us and it had something written in the back:

“For you to always know Mommy Loves you”

I hugged her like I never did before, she knew I was still sad for Sunset and she managed to confort me again.

DAY - - - -

THEY ARE LEAVING NEXT WEEK! HER FATHER FOUND A BETTER JOB IN MANEHATTAN AND THE WHOLE FAMILY HAS TO MOVE THERE! IT’S NOT FAIR! NOW TWO OF MY FRIENDS ARE LEAVING ME! SWEET ROSE AND FLYING HOPE, I DON’T WANT THEM TO GO! FIRST SUNSET AND NOW THEM? LIFE SUCKS!

DAY - - - -

Flying Hope and Sweet Rose came to say goodbye today, they both were crying, Flying the most, she hugged me for more than ten minutes, I hugged her back and never wanted to let her go, I didn’t like her as I liked Sunset but still, she was my best friend, I hugged Sweet Rose too, she told me how they were going to miss me and to be a good colt, I promised her I would, she noded and alongside Flying Hope, they both proceeded to go to the train station, I wanted so badly to go there too but I knew I couldn’t, it was the first time it really hurt me not being able to go out this palace.

DAY - - - -

I’ve been keeping contact with Flying Hope through mail, she loves her new home but she always tells me how much she misses me, I told her I missed her too but I’m happy she is doing fine, maybe sometime she could come to visit me or even better, I will go to visit her, Manehatan sound like an amazing place, I can’t wait to be ten, I will finally be able to see the outside world.

DAY - - - -

My Mommy said I need to learn to defend myself and I agree, I want to be strong for Sunset to be proud of me when she returns, she said I will train with a new recruit, a young unicorn stallion, at first, I was confused why she choose him instead of a more experienced soldier but when I heard he was recomended by my cousin Cadence, I decided to not ask questions, after Mommy, she was the most wise Pony in all Equestria.

DAY - - - -

I finally met my trainer, a teenager stallion named Shinning Armor, I couldn't believe his actual name was Shinning Armor, Oh Sweet Mommy, his name is so funny, continuing; at first. He was surprised after seeing me but calmed down very fast, he is a nice and funny guy and boy! He is so easy to read, He reaaaaally likes my cousin Cadence, not that I’m surprised, now that she is 14 I must say. . .now I noticed, she indeed became a really pretty alicorn, no! pretty is not good enough, she is incredible beautifull! Shinning Armor, you have a long way to go dude, anyway, he told me we will start training tomorrow, I can’t wait!

DAY - - - -

This past week was tough, Shinning may be a new recruit but I already can say he is a natural, he is teaching me how to use a sword and shield, not to mention he makes me train my body to the limit, he claims my best qualities are my speed and agility thanks to my body shape, I agreed with him, I remembered how Cadence and Flying Hope never were able to catch me when we were playing Tag, not without using their magic of course, I have to admit, I like Shinning a lot, I hope he sees me as a friend.

DAY - - - -

Today, Shinning told me he has a little sister around my age, her name is Twilight Sparkle, I liked that name, it sounded so. . . magical, maybe someday I will be able to meet her, Cadence came later and the three of us enjoyed some Ice cream, Shinning couldn’t take his eyes off from Cadence, Sheesh! He is really too obvious, I decided to help him a little. This is what happened after I finished my ice cream.

“Ok. . . (yawn) I think I will go to bed early today, I’m leaving”

“Ok cousin, let me go with you, I can read you a bed time story”

“Nah, maybe next time, why don’t you spend some time with my friend here, he seems fun, and you Shinning, make sure to treat my beautifull cousin like the fine lady she is got it? anyway, see you later”

I turned around to leave but I swear both of them were looking at me with warm eyes that said everything I needed to know:

“Thank you”

I only chuckled to myself, It was too obvious my cousin Cadence was using me as an excuse to see Shinning Armor and I was fine with that, I’d do the same for Sunset.

DAY - - - -

I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! A SONIC RAINBOOM! I REALLY SAW A SONIC RAINBOOM! AND NOT ONLY THAT! AFTER THAT, A DRAGON APPEARED, A REAL GIANT BIG PURPLE DRAGON! HE DESTROYED THE TOWER WHERE MY MOMMY’S SCHOOL FOR GIFTED UNICORNS IS, I WAS SCARED SHE WAS HURT BUT I WAS WRONG, SHE MANAGED TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, THAT’S MY MOMMY!”

DAY - - - -

Mommy told me starting today she was going to have another filly under her wing, I wanted to be angry with her for it felt like she was replacing Sunset, well. . . she was replacing her, but I coudn’t, Sunset left two years ago and we never had any news about her, maybe she will never comeback, anyway, I will welcome this new filly and hopefully we will be friends”

END OF P.O.V.

- - - - - - -

Bright was on her Mommy’s barrel in her room, waiting for her new student and her family to arrive, she told him to stay relaxed, the filly’s daddy was one of her old Royal Commander so they agreed to keep the secret about him. One of the maids entered to the room and said:

“Princess Celestia, Prince Bright Sunny, they are here, May I let them pass”

“Yes, please my little pony”

She noded and exited the room.

Then four ponies entered the room, Bright recognized one immediately, it was Shinning Armor, so the filly who was going to be his mom’s new student was. . .

"Oh Yeah!" He thought at that moment.

“Greetings my little ponies, Bright please say hello to Twilight Sparkle and her Family, Night Light, Twilight Velvet and your friend Shinning Armor”

Before saying hello, Bright looked at her mommy's new student and her family, Twilight was way diferent to his brother, unlike him, her fur was violet, and her mane was shapire blue with violet and pink streacks, her eyes were violet too and boy! They were beautifull, like his mommy’s, her cutie mark was a pink star with five little stars around it, the pink star looked exactly the same Shinning armor had in his cutie mark, she was cute and like Sunset, she gave the air to be a hardcore student, her dad had blue fur and deep blue mane, her mother looked exactly like her, even the same hair style, but her fur was white and her mane was a mix of violet and white colors. They seemed like a happy family, that helped Bright to relax a little more.

“Ummm, Hello?” He said a little nervous.

Twilight immediately jumped and stood in front of him.

“Wow! What are you? Are you a monkey or something that evolved from them? if that’s the case, where is your fur and waaaww”

She was levitated by her mom’s aura.

“Twilight! that’s no way to talk to the prince, apologize now!”

Twilight looked embarazed when she realized all the things she had just said, without looking at the prince, she said:

“I’m sorry”

Bright put his hand on her shoulder and answered:

“Hahahaha, it's ok Twilight, trust me, you are not the first or the last one who will ask me that, I got used to it, and no, I’m not a monkey, I don’t know what I am but definitely not a monkey, please don’t be sad”

Twlight raised her head and looked at him with a huge smile before returning to her parents.

“My my, you have a true gentlecolt here your highness” Twilight Velvet said while nuzzling Bright’s hair with her hoof, Bright liked the feeling.

Celestia nuzzled him with her muzzle and said:

“You can say that again Velvet, he is my pride”

Bright blushed like a tomato but did his best to remain calmed, after that, the six of them joined Cadence and proceded to have a little brunch, while Celestia was talking with Twilight’s parents and Shinning with Cadence, Bright and Twilight took this chance to go to his room, once there, he asked:

“And this is my room, you like it?”

“Wow, it’s huge and. . . .”

Twilight immediately noticed Bright’s book collection.

“Wow! Are those books yours?”

“Yep”

“So. . . you like to read?”

“Well, at first no, I didn’t but a good friend tought me and I came to enjoy it a lot”

“Great! I like to read too! A lot! After all, knowledge is everything!”

“hehehehehe”

“What? did I say something funny?” Twilight said getting a little angry.

“No no no, it’s just, you sound like my old friend, she was a unicorn like you and she really liked to study, and she used to say exactly what you are saying now, I’m sure you and me will get a long pretty well”

“Well. . .seeing you how much you like to read, I also think we will get along just fine and. . . . one thing”

“aha?”

Twilight started to play with her tiny hooves, trying to find the right way to ask him something.

“Is there a problem if I . . .”

“Ok Twilight, ask all the questions you want” Brigth said with a warm smile.

“Really? but how you. . . ”

“I told you, you are just like my old friend, always looking for knowledge, I like you already”

Twilight blushed after he said that, what he meant by that? That he considered her a friend? She didn’t have many friends, in fact she didn’t have friends at all, she felt. . .happy.

“Thanks, I, I like you too”

“Great! Now let’s go, I think we will enjoy this Questions session more if we have a bowl of ice cream to eat”

Twilight smiled.

“That’s a fact I can say is true without even investigating”

Both of them laughted and started to run to the kitchen to get their dessert.

PreviousChapters Next