• Published 24th Jul 2015
  • 20,728 Views, 908 Comments

An Unexpected Life - alejin



Saved by his mother from drowning when he was a baby, Saved by Celestia who found him and raised him as a son, what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bright Sunny, let's find out.

  • ...
61
 908
 20,728

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27, Old Friendship. . .or something more?

Author's Note:

Ok, Another chapter before my trip to Colorado, I hope you enjoy it,
Sorry for the grammar errors and punctuations
Please comment.

Everypony in Canterlot looked how the carpenters finished building the stage, it was obvious Princess Celestia was planning an event or maybe a mood raising’s speech, after all, they were still recovering from the Changelings’ invasion 2 days ago, it was the second hot topic of the moment for the first was about the strange creature helping during the changelings invasión and not only that, he then was seen next to Princess Cadence and Princess Celestia’s best student, the three of them going together to the Castle, maybe it was to give him their thanks but why they haven’t any news about him for a whole day? too many questions and no answers.

Back in the castle, Bright was having a nice conversation with Spike, Twilight introduced them at breakfast and they got along very well, Spike was fascinated with Bright’s adventures, he was flattered, this dragon was really funny and curious, he liked him already, for what Twilight told him, they both used to play with him a lot when they were children and now he was her number one assistant, Bright chuckled at this comment, it indeed seemed Spike helped her a lot but he couldn’t shake the feeling that it was more like a little brother and big sister relation, even so. . .it also seemed more like a servant than an assistant. . .meh! if they were happy that way, let them be he thought.

Bright was a little nervious, in a few hours, he was going to be presented as Prince of Equestria, he really didn’t mind the tittle, after all it’s was not like he was going to rule his mother and sister’s kingdom since they were going to outlive him for thousands of years, yep! He knew about Alicorn long lives periods and he was fine with it, he never thought of himself as a good leader, not to mention a Ruler, after a good chat with Spike and the mane 6, he decided to rest a little in the royal gardens, in his way there, he noticed how many ponies of the staff were already very friendly with him, of course there were some still afraid but that was to be expected, he arrived to the gardens and rested under a tree, minutes later; he felt something landing on his head, he opened his eyes and looked something amazing, it was a Phoenix! a real Phoenix! and not only that, she (somehow he knew it was female) was the very same one he saw in his dreams. The phoenix’s eyes shinned and she started to nuzzle his head, making squee sounds, she really was happy!

“Hey there. . . Philo. . .Philo. . .mena?”

Bright was shocked. . .how he knew it was her name? was he starting to. . .remember?

The Phoenix started to nuzzle even harder when she heard him saying her name, he stroked her feathers for some minutes until they heard a voice.

“I see she finally regenerated, I’m not surprised she decided to look for you first”

Bright turned around and smiled.

“Hey Mom”

“Hi sweetie, I see you reunited with your old pet”

“My pet? You mean Philomena was my pet?”

Celestia eye’s once again widened but a warm happy smiled formed in her muzzle.

“. . . .how you knew her name was Philomena?”

“I. . .just. . .knew it? aghh my head”

Celestia smile widened even more, she kissed her son’s forehead:

“Don’t push it my dear son, one step at a time”

“Thanks. . . sooooo, what’s the plan for today?”

“Well. . .you already know it, today we are presenting you in front of all Canterlot dear, everypony will know you, my son and their prince”

“Yeah. . . about that, you think. . .it’s a good idea? I mean, aren’t you scared of how they will react for it, I really don’t care about my reputation but I care for yours and Aunt Luna’s, so what will they think when they see your son is not a. . .”

“A pony? Sweetie, look at my eyes, do they look I care what my subjects thinks about you being my son? I didn’t care 8 years ago and certanly I don’t care now”

Bright smiled and stroked Celestia’s mane.

“Thanks Mom, I. . .” – Bright tried so hard to finish the sentence but he couldn’t, he wasn’t prepared yet, Celestia in her heart knew what he wanted to say and she so wanted to hear him say those words but. . .baby steps Celestia, Baby steps, she nuzzled his cheek and said:

“I love you too Bright, one day son, one good day you will be able to say it, no need to rush”

After the tender moment, Both of them reunited with Luna who gave Bright a good morning hug, she looked a little sleepy but she didn’t want to miss his presentation, the royal family then reunited with Cadence and the mane 6 in the dinning room to have breakfast, unfortunaly for them, BlueBlood was there too, when he saw them entering, he smirked and said:

“I see my auntie decided to kept you after all monkey”

Celestia had enough, BlueBlood may be her nephew but even he had limits, she was about to say something but Bright stopped her with his hand.

“Yes! I’m here to stay and seeing your way of talking haven’t improved since our last encounter, I’m ready to believe you like being stunned on the floor”

He extended his finger to his way, it was already emiting some cyan sparks

“Ready for another electrified dosis?”

Blueblood backed off the faster he could - “Keep. . .keep that thing away from me you beast!” – he said and then ran outside the room the faster he could, seeing him gone and the face of relief of everypony present, he said:

“You are all welcome”

“Oh darling! You are so brave!” Rarity said with seductive eyes.

“Thanks Miss Rarity, but it’s not really that big deal, he is not that hard to deal with”

“Even so, Thank you, finally! Somepony who stands againts that rufian”

“Yeah, he is an ass. . . he is really hatefull, don’t worry, I will make sure to keep that shitty attitude of his at bay”

“And for that, I and everypony in Equestria give you our thanks”

Everypony noded but none of them noticed Twilight watching Rarity with narrowed eyes, only Rarity noticed, she smiled and thought.

“The test is a sucess”

After a good breakfast, everypony got ready for the main event of the day, Bright put on his new clothes, made by Rarity in one night again (Really this unicorn is amazing) thanks to his advices, now she made clothes he was willing to wear, it was like his old ones, Black pants and blue shirt, but this one has two diferent logos in the shoulders, in the right, her mother’s sun cutie mark and in the left, Onyx’s logo, he didn’t want to give any preference so he decided to use both, he was happy his Mom didn’t have any objections about it.

Rarity insisisted in making him a nice formal suit, after all, it was a great event but he declined, claiming formal clothes and him didn’t mix, Celestia only laughted at that statement, her son always hated formal clothes, there are things that really never change she thought, with everypony, dragon and human ready, all of them entered in the royal chariots and proceded to go to Canterlot’s center.

- - - - - - -- - - - - - -

Everypony in Canterlot was already reunited in front of the stage, ready to hear what their Mighty ruler had to say, amongs them, there were two special ponies, one ex – maid from the castle and the other, her daughter, a really beautiful white mare with silky and elegant green mane, many stallions present were captivated by her beauty, her thin and curvy figure even matched the City’s current idol Fleur Dis Lee.

Even so, both mother and daugther didn’t feel confortable in that place, not for the stares the younger unicorn was recieving but for that place. . .only brought them sad memories.

“Mom. . . please, do we really need to be here?”

“I’m not enjoying this more than you Flying Hope but it was a direct invitation from the princess, she even paid our tickets and staying in the castle, we couldn’t just say no”

“But. . .I. . . I don’t want to go to the castle. . .he is no longer there. . . and.. .and. . it’s too painful, please mom, don’t make me go”

The kind mother named Sweet Rose hugged her daugher, even at this moment, she never let go that kind boy’s memory. The boy that went away too soon.

“I know it’s hard Flying but please, try to bear it a little longer, I don’t know why Princess Celestia call us but I’m sure it must be something important”

“. . . Ok, but please, try to rush our business here, I want to leave as soon as posible”

“You have unfinished bussiness back in Manehattan? More Photo sessions?”

“. . . No, I just don’t want to be here”

(Sigh) “Ok, let’s just hear what the Princess have to say and then I will talk to her, just wait a little longer”

“Thanks mother”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Minutes later, everypony finally saw the chariots comming, stomping the ground, everypony were applauding, the chariots stopped next to the stage, the first ones to go come out were the Elements of Harmony, Heroines of Equestria and with them, the little purple dragon, Priced assistant of the Element of Magic, the next to come out were Princess Cadence and her Fiance, the Captain of the Royal Guards, Shinning Armor, alongside with them, The Captain’s parents, all of them stood up on the stage, leaving room for the next ones to come, Finally they came, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, Rulers of Equestria, both Alicorns walked proudly, both of them smiling, Princess Celestia the most, everypony noticed how her smile shined like the sun, why was she so happy the wondered. Everypony stopped applauding and bowed to them.

Once both Alicorns were infront of everypony, Using her Canterlot’s royal voice, Princess Celestia started to talk:

“THANK YOU EVERYPONY, THANK YOU FOR THIS WELCOME FOR ME AND MY SISTER AND ALSO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR EFFORT TO REBUILD OUR BEAUTIFUL CITY AFTER THE INVASION”

“The invasión?” Flying Hope and Sweet Rose wondered.

“I’M SURE WITH ALL YOUR HELP, VERY SOON WE WILL BE ABLE TO MOVE ON FROM THIS DARK EPISODE BUT. . . TELLING YOU THIS IS NOT THE REASON I ARRANGED THIS CONFERENCE, THE MAIN REASON IS BECAUSE OF HIM, YOU KNOW WHO I’M TALKING ABOUT, THE CREATURE MANY OF YOU SAW DURING THE INVASION”

“You mean that hideous monkey like creature fighting like a barbarian?” – A voice screamed in the distance, Celestia and Luna recognized the voice immediately, they decided to ignore it for the moment, they were sure Cadence was going to take care of him later, even so they were angry and sad, he came after all just to make things more dificult, Celestia then continued:

“NOT EXACTLY MY DEAR. . .NEPHEW, ME AND LUNA DON’T THINK HE IS HIDEOUS, ALL THE CONTRARY, THAT BRAVE CREATURE RISKED HIS LIFE TO HELP US IN REPELING THE INVASION, HE IS A HERO AND DESERVES OUR GRATITUDE, BUT ASIDE FROM BEING A HERO. . . HE IS SOMETHING ELSE. . . . (sigh) MY LITTLE PONIES, IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO KNOW SOMETHING, A SECRET I KEPT FOR 18 YEARS, LET ME RESUME IT THE BEST I CAN”

Everypony was listening with full attention, just by looking their princess shaking told them it was something hard for her to say, Princess Celestia was silent, didn’t know how to continue, but at that moment she felt her sister and niece hooves on her shoulders, they were smiling and noding to her, she smiled as well and found the strenght to continue:

“YOU SEE. . .18 YEARS AGO. . .I WAS BLESSED WITH. . .A SON”

Everypony started to applaude at that moment, Bright who was listening inside his chariot couldn’t help to smile, she was really loved by all her subjects.

“THANK YOU MY LITTLE PONIES, THANK YOU ALL BUT NOW I’M SURE YOU ARE WONDERING WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS AFTER ALL THIS TIME, YOU SEE, I FOUND HIM WHEN HE WAS A BABY AND RAISED HIM IN SECRET DURING 10 YEARS. . .”

10 years? Everypony thought. . .didn’t she said she kept the secret for 18 years? They stopped thinking about that when they saw Princess Celestia starting to cry.

“I LOVED HIM LIKE IF HE WAS MY OWN BLOOD AND FLESH, WHEN HE TURNED 10, I DECIDED TO SHARE HIM WITH ALL OF YOU BUT. . . A DISGRACE HAPPENED AND HE WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM ME, WE SEARCHED EVERYWHERE BUT IN THE END, WE CAME TO THE CONCLUSION HE WAS GONE FOR GOOD”

Hearing this made everypony sad, most of all Sweet Rose and Flying Hope who was already crying in her mother embrace, she knew coming to Canterlot was a huge mistake, why was Princess Celestia reviving that horrible memory.

“MY FAMILY AND ME WERE DEVASTATED. . .”

Celestia’s tears stopped and were replaced by one of the most biggest smiles she ever gave in public.

“UNTIL TWO DAYS! WHEN HE RETURNED! THAT’S RIGHT MY LITTLE PONIES, MY BABY WASN’T DEAD, HE CAME BACK TO ME!”

Everypony started to cheer again, happy to hear those good news but who was this pony she was talking about?

“AND HE IS HERE TODAY, READY TO MEET YOU ALL. . .IN FACT MANY OF YOU ALREADY SAW HIM, HE WAS OUTSIDE HERE TWO DAYS AGO, FIGHTING CHANGELINGS TO PROTECT US, HE EVEN FOUGHT THE CHANGELING QUEEN BY HIMSELF”

Canterlot’s ponies started to wonder who might this pony be, was he a royal guard? but they didn’t see any royal guard fighting the Bug Queen, the only one some ponies saw was. . . nooooo.

Princess Celestia saw many of their subjects already deducing the answer so she decided to stop kicking the bush anymore.

“THAT’S RIGHT MY LITTLE PONIES, MY SON IS NOT A PONY, A GRYPHIN OR ANY CREATURE YOU HAVE SEEN BEFORE, HIS SPECIES. . .AS HE TOLD ME IS CALLED HUMANS, HE IS A BRAVE AND STRONG HUMAN, AND I AS A MOTHER CANNOT BE MORE PROUD OF HIM”

“AND ME!” – Cadence said proudly next to her Aunt

“AND DON’T FORGET US” Luna said too – “WE ARE ALL PROUD OF OUR NEPHEW”

By this moment, everypony was speechless, Flying Hope was close to faint, so did her mother but they did their best to not, they wanted to see the end of this.

“I KNOW THERE ARE SO MANY QUESTIONS TO ANSWER AND I PROMISE TO GIVE THEM ALL TO YOU BUT FOR NOW. . .PLEASE SAY WELCOME TO MY SON AND RIGHTFULL HEIR OF THE THRONE, PRINCE BRIGHT STEEL!”

Celestia looked at the charriot where her son was in, she gave him the signal, with a big sigh and deep breath, he came out the chariot, once he was out, everypony’s eyes were on him, he made his best effort to ignore them and walked next to his mother, no pony was saying anything, they were just staring, watching all his movements, he was full clothed, the clothes were plain but he was wearing proudly Princess Celestia’s cutie mark in one of his shoulder and Onyx’s mark in the other, maybe his cutie mark they thought.

Once he was next to his mother, she extended her wing to embrace him, with all the stares on him, he whispered to his mother.

“You know. . .fighting that bug pony was a lot easier than this”

“(giggle) you think so sweetie? Maybe you are right”

After a few more seconds of staring, he gathered all his braveness and walked in front of everypony and. . .

“HEY. . . EVERYPONY! NICE TO MEET YOU, AS MY. . .AS PRINCESS CELESTIA SAID, MY NAME IS BRIGHT STEEL, I HOPE WE ALL CAN GET ALONG”

Everypony remained silent, some were even backing off a little, like if he was going to snap in any minute, this was really unconfortable.

“Ahhhhh, If anypony have a question, I’m all ears. . .c’mon don’t be shy!”

(Silence)

No pony dare to say anything, Everypony behind Bright were shocked and angry, Princess Celestia was doing a great job pretending, Luna didn’t bother, she was seeing everypony with venoumous eyes, Cadence was seeing Bright, her heart was breaking by seeing the scene before her.

Bright was smart enough to recognize reject when it was there, he sighed and said:

“Ok. . . .well, before I go, let me say I’m not dangerous and if you respect me I will respect you as well. . .(sigh) see you later. . .maybe”

Bright turned around and was preparing to leave alongside his family but he then heard hooves walking on the stage, when he turned to see, he saw a. . . really beautifull unicorn walking his direction, she was hot, white fur, green silky mane, amazing Golden eyes, almost as beautiful as Cadence and Zahari, but what really took his attention was that she seemed. . .familiar? she seemed shocked but kept walking,.

Once she was a few inches from him, she raised her hoof and touched his face, after feeling the flesh making contact with her hoof she couldn’t help herself anymore and jumped on him, pinning him on the floor, she was openly crying by this moment, all her tears landing on Bright’s face.

“It’s you. . . it’s really you!” she said and started to nuzzle his chest with her cheek, she then gave him a quick kiss too.

After some seconds, Steel looked her at the eyes . . .Man! this mare was indeed incredible beautiful! And it seemed she knew him. . .he didn’t recall seeing this hot mare in his few memories. . .how couldn’t he had any single memory of this godess he thought, he so wanted to know who this mare was.

“. . .ahhhh. . .Thanks for the sign of affection and all but. . . do you mind telling me your name?”

Flying felt those word like a ton of bricks on her head, she widened her eyes in shock and lost concious at that moment.

“Flying!” Sweet Rose screamed and trotted to check on her daughter.

“Don’t worry, she just fainted”

“(sigh) Thanks Bright, but what was all that about. . .”tell you her name? you know who she is!”

Bright scratched his head and answered:

“Well you see. . . I have amnesia and don’t really remember very well many of the ponies I met here during my childhood. . .sorry”

Sweet Rose knew immediately he wasn’t lying, this was sad but before she could say anything, Princess Celestia spoke.

“I’m glad you and your daughter came, please come to the castle, there are so much we need to tell you but first – She turned to her other other subjects, she was a little pissed – MY LITTLE PONIES, SEEING NO PONY EXCEPT FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL MARE HAS ANYTHING TO SAY TO MY SON, THIS CONFERENCE IS OVER, BUT BEFORE I GO, I WANT TO SAY SOMETHING: I’M VERY DISSAPOINTED OF YOU, I THOUGHT YOUR MIND WAS MORE OPEN THAN THIS, DON’T EXPECT SEEING ME REGULARY DURING THE NEXT WEEKS AND THE ROYAL COURTS WILL LAST ONLY HALF OF DAYS THESE NEXT WEEKS SINCE I WANT TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH MY SON. . . NOW DISMISS!” she said and then she with with her sister used all their power to teleport all the ponies who cared for her son back to the castle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Well Mother, I hate to admit it, but it ended way better than I expected, to be honest, I was kinda expecting a little mob or rejecting screams”

Celestia was eating tons of cake to less her anger.

“Well. . .I EXPECTED a lot more from my little ponies, I’m sorry son but don’t worry, at least they already saw you, I’m sure very soon all of them will accept you or I’ll make them”

“hehehehe, no you wont but still thanks for the comment, I needed a good laugh, by the way. . .is somepony going to tell me who is this beautiful pony who doesn’t leave my side?”

Bright said while pointing Flying Hope who since woke up, rested her head on Bright’s shoulder and didn’t show signals to move anytime soon, not that he minded, he felt confortable at her side. . .for how she acted, maybe she was another childhood friend, like Twilight, by the way, he noticed how Twilight didn’t stop watching them both. . . and not only that, she looked. . .angry, was it posible she and this unicorn didn’t get along?

“I’m. . .so sorry Prince Bright, it’s just. . .she is so happy to see you again, as everypony else, we thought you were dead, I’m sorry, I’ll. . .”

“Nah! Don’t worry, let her be like this, it’s not like I dislike this, by the way, nopony has answered my question yet, who are you both?”

Sweet Rose proceded to tell Bright everything about her staying in the castle when he was a kid and how her daughter was his first pony friend, Bright remembered clearly at that moment, these unicorns also appeared in his dreams.

“I see, well, it’s nice to meet you again Sweet Rose, you too Flying Hope”

Sweet Rose and Flying Hope squeed and hugged Bright very tightly.

“We are so happy to see you safe and alive but. . .how?”

Celestia and Bright proceded as well to tell the unicorn duo his story, they heard it with much attention, by the end they finished, both unicorns were crying and hugged Bright again.

“I should had known better, I’m sorry, I knew in my heart you were alive but I let myself being convinced, I’m sorry Bright! what kind of childhood friend I am”

Bright stroked Flying mane, just the touch of his hand make her feel in Elisium.

“Easy. . . Flying, everypony thought that and had good reasons to, I’m not mad at you or anypony, please smile, and I’m sorry I don’t remember you. . .I’m sure you were an awesome friend”

Flying Hope squee even more and proceded to give him a kiss in his cheek. Bright blushed and back off a little.

“Hey! I understand you are my childhood friend but. . .aren’t you a little too friendly?”

“Why shouldn’t I be, we are childhood friends, they do this kind of stuff”

“. . . . .I really dont’ think that’s how it works. . .at least not in Minus or Zebrica”

Flying aproached and looked at him in the eyes, Bright could swear she looked like a hunter who just had cornered a defendless prey.

“Well. . . in case you didn’t notice, we are not in Minus or Zebrica”

“(chukled) yeah, you are right, anyway, Nice to meet you again Flying Hope, you too Sweet Rose, I hope we can get along pretty well”

Both of them noded and bowed to him, he wasn’t very confortable to ponies bowing to him, with finaly all presentations done, everypony proceded to have lunch, then everpony went to their rooms for a good rest, while walking in the halls, Flying Hope asked to her mother:

“Mother. . .remember that fashionista who wanted me to come here to model for her new line of dresses for a few weeks”

“Yes, you immediately declined the offer without thinking twice”

“ah. . .yeah about that, I think we should send her a letter, I think a new enviorement besides Manehattan will be good for me and you”

Sweet Rose smiled, her daughter was so obvious.

“Ok Sweetie, I’ll writte her right away”

“Thanks Mother, now if you excuse me, I need to go and have a good beauty sleep, I need to be at my fullest these next days”

Flaying Hope said that and trotted happily to her room.

Bright was in his bed, lost in his thoughts; he remembered some things about Flying hope, the memories weren’t many but they were. . . nice, she was as cute as any filly but now. . . she was. . .gorgeous!. .before he noticed, he felt sleep still thinking about her and with a small blush in his cheeks.

PreviousChapters Next