• Published 24th Jul 2015
  • 20,836 Views, 908 Comments

An Unexpected Life - alejin



Saved by his mother from drowning when he was a baby, Saved by Celestia who found him and raised him as a son, what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bright Sunny, let's find out.

  • ...
61
 908
 20,836

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15, A Shinning Head

Author's Note:

Hope you like it, sorry for the grammar.
please comment.

Steel was walking through the mountans’ road, all the grass and forest were long behind since days ago, the heat was high, in his mind, he thanked Onyx for all those years of intense training, they really paid off, he was sure without it, he probably would had been back in his cave after the first hours of his journey.

Since he was no longer in familiar territory, he decided to wear his mask in crowded places or when he encountered a traveler on the road, until that moment, he met a couple of nomad gryphins and ponies, with the gryphins, there were no problems, they only asked a few questions and continued their way but with the ponies. . . at first, they thought he was some kind of monster or thief and tried to defend themselves, a few punches and kicks, followed by a little conversation were necesary to convince them he was not anything like that, even though they were a little scared for how badly he hit them.

Thanks to his wide diet, the food was never a problem, he could eat almost anything and if he was honest with himself, snakes and vultures didn’t taste bad, at nights, he always chose a high rock or cliff to sleep, the dangers with coyotes or chacals were always present but they decreased highly when he caught one and ate it, they didn’t dare to attack again, much to his grief, they tasted so good too!

When he was close to exit the mountains’ territory, he saw something at the distance, a creature lying in the middle of the road, when he finally saw it a little closer, he noticed it was a donkey, not younger than 40 years and he was bald, he laughted a little but stopped when he noticed he wasn’t moving, he was hurt, following Jilt and Margaret’s advices, he decided to aproach slowly, then with a stick, he pocked the donkey and said:

“Hey dude. . .are you ok?”

“. . . . . . . .”

“Are you dead?”

“. . . . . . . .”

“. . . . Oh well!”

Steel rounded the donkey and continued his way, he didn’t advance more than 5 steps when he heard him:

“HEY HEY HEY! ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO LEAVE ME HERE TO DIE?!”

Steel narrowed his eyes, turned around and said:

“HEY! I ASKED YOU AND YOU DIDN’T ANSWER ME!”

“DID I NEED TO? I THINK IT’S OBVIOUS I’M PRETTY BEATEN UP! ISN’T THAT ENOUGH!”

“OH SORRY FOR BEING CAUTIOUS! EVEN YOU HAVE TO ADMIT MANY WOULD THINK IT COULD BE A TRAP!”

“CAUTIOUS?! YOU WERE GOING TO LEAVE ME HERE!”

“WELL! IT WAS. . .”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(20 MINUTES OF UNECESARY DISCUSSION LATER)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Steel was now entering in the Woods again, a few miles away of Zebrica Territory, the next town was about a mile ahead, he wanted to get there as soon as posible since now he had a cargo and not a nice one, an old bald donkey with a horrible attitude, Steel did his best to treat his wounds and even though he’d hate it, he just couldn’t leave him there, it was a pain in the ass but at least, something good came from it.

“So. . . . the bandits who attacked you maybe are in the next town right?”

“Yes”

“And the only thing I have to do is recover your wagon with all your belogings, right?”

“Exactly, if you do that for me, I will pay you very well”

“Excellent, and don’t forget a bonus for using me as a pack mule”

“Alright, alright!”

Steel felt lucky, he only had to help this old cranky donkey and he will have some bits, it felt like a jackpot, he really needed the money to finaly pay for a good bed to sleep, even though he was used to, sleeping in the floor is not something one want to do every day. In the end, Steel forgot he never asked something to the donkey:

“Soooooooo, what’s your name old donkey?”

“Hey! I’m not old! And my name is not of your business!”

“Now It’s my turn to say Hey! In case you forgot, I’m carrying you to the next town and you hired me to retrieve your things, you are my temporary employer so yes! I think knowing your name is my business so now SPILL IT OUT!”

(Sigh) “Ok, it’s Cranky”

“. . . . no really , what’s your name?”

“I told you It’s Cranky!”

“. . . seriously? Ok. . . if it’s true, I’m not surprised.”

“What you mean by that?”

“Nothing, nothing”

“Now you. . creature, tell me, what’s your name”

“Steel and before you ask, no I’m not a furless monkey, I’m a creature from a very far land, I’m a mo. . . ”

“you are a. . .”

Stell thought it for a moment, there was not really any diference in telling him he was a monkeus or a human, after all, that didn’t change the fact no creature ever saw something like him, so. .

“I’m a human”

“A human? Never heard of them before”

Knowing already he would answer that, Steel decided to lie a little.

“No surprise there, we usually don’t let ourselves be seen, you probably will never see another human in your life”

“I see. . . then, when I get my camera back, I have to make sure to take a picture of you”

Steel’s eyes widened, thanks to Onyx and his friends teachings, of course he knew what a camera was, thinking fast, he said:

“Sorry but no, I just told you my species doesn’t like to be seen and obviously we don’t like to be taken in pictures, why do you think I cover my face in public”

“Oh that’s too bad, I like to take pictures and add them to my. . . we need to get my things back”

“Dont’ worry, you are paying me for that, I will get them back”

“Ok!”

“And now, you tell me, what were you doing in the road before being attacked?”

(sigh) “ You can say as you, I’m also in a journey. . . or better said, a quest”

“A quest?”

“Yes, I’m trying to find a good friend, somedonkey I haven’t seen in years, I have been traveling around Equestria and other countries only with that porpuse”

“Interesting, she must be very pretty”

“How you knew it was a female?”

“Please, if any male is doing such a long quest, It has to be for a girl and I really doubt it is for make amends as a FRIEND”

“. . . hehehe, I think you got me, you are not as hatefull as I though”

“. . . thanks?”

After a good laugh and sharing some good stories about his quest, they finally made it to the town, since they were still in Minus territory, obviously there were tons of minotaurs but there were also many zebras, after all the checkpoint to Zebrica was a few miles away.

“So, what kind of creatures attacked you Cranky?”

“They were five unicorns”

“Unicorns?. . . hmmm, well, I think I better get ready”

“What you mean Kid”

Steel put down cranky and proceded to get on his armor, he trusted Jilt’s brazelets and pendant but since this was a paid job, he didn’t want to take any chances. Once ready he carried Cranky again and proceded to enter the town.

“Wow kid, I must admit you looke dangerous”

“Well thanks, I’m facing five unicorns, without this armor, their magic would be a problem”

“What you mean?”

“You’ll see”

When Steel and Cranky were passing the entrance, he clashed with something, he fell in his butt, cranky also lost his balance and fell too, he nuzzled his nose and said:

“Damn, that hurt! What is that?”

Steel touched the invisible wall, not a very good one but still, one would need high ammounts of insane strenght to break it. . .or darkness stone, he smirked and grabed his DS Axe, he hit the wall in the same spot three times, the field cracked like cristal, he managed to make a hole, big enough for him and Cranky to go through, after they were inside the town, the hole regenerated.

“hmmm, strange! It seems someone doesn’t want any creature to enter or leave the town”

“It seems so” Cranky said

“Oh well, not my problem, let’s go find your stuff”

“Well said, let’s go”

Steel and Cranky immediately started to search for the thiefs, naturally, almost everycreature stared at him but at least didn’t bothered hi, not that he minded, maybe being with Cranky ceased many of their fears but there was something strange in their behavior, many of them looked scared but not by him, as if anyone was watching them.

After an hour, they finally got some information, they were staying in a hotel in the middle of the town, the duo immediately walked to that place, when they arrived, they didn’t find anyone, thanks to some information of the manager, they knew the scumbags were in the tabern, when they got there, to Cranky’s surprise, they found his wagon parking next to the tabern with 3 unicorns watching over it.

“Hey look! It’s my wagon”

Cranky was about to run to his wagon but was stopped by Steel.

“Easy Cranky, first we must deal with those 3 unicorns, stay here, I’ll handle this”

“Ok Steel but be carefull, as far as I know, they are just pawns, the true bosses are not with them right now, we must be fast and retrieve the wagon before they appear”

“Ok, wait here then”

Alex slowly aproached to the unicorns, once he was behind one, he grabed him by his neck, the unicorn tried to fight back but Steel applied more pressure, in seconds, he was unconcious, unfortunately, twe other two saw him and proceded to charge their horns, Steel started to run to one, the unicorn shot a beam that Steel dodged easily, the next thing the unicorn saw was Steel foot plant in his face, sending him to sleep as well, The third unicorn also shot a beam, Steel didn’t dodge it, instead he hit the beam with his arm, sending it to the sky, the unicorn was shocked, too shocked to see Steel running at him a deliver a huge hit in his forehead and then a rolling kick in his cheek, he landed 3 meters away, Steel landed softly on the ground and breathed slowly.

“Wow, that was easier than I expected, or they are too weak or the training’s results are even better than I thought”

All the creatures in town watched him with wonder eyes, some of them even were smiling, it was strange, Cranky then came as fast as he could and pated his back.

“Kid, I have to admit it, you are not a big mouth after all”

“. . . .thanks. . .ok, let’s see. . .property of CDD. . .I bet the C is for Cranky and the last D is for donkey, so you have a second name?”

“Please. . .just don’t ask”

“Ok boss”

After placing Cranky and his stuff on the wagon, Steel started to pull it, but after a few steps, they heard someone screaming, it was another unicorn stallion, he had yellow fur and green mane, his cutie mark (as he knew ponies called their butt’s marks) was a Bag with the Bit insignia on it, the unicorn still screaming said:

“Hey! What do you think you are doing?”

Steel turned around and said:

“Kicking your minions butts and taking my boss’ stuff back, got a problem with that?”

“Your boss?” – He then noticed Cranky on the Wagon – “Ohh that baldy uh? I thought we left you dead in the road, it seems you found yourself a freak to try to get your precious stuff back”

Cranky only stared with a furious look but before he could say something, he felt a breeze his human employee left after passing running next to him. The human ran very fast to a surprised unicorn and hit him right in the nose with his fist. The unicorn landed in a wagon full of manure, every zebra and minotaur present started to laugh, Steel got infront the smelly unicorn and said:

“To be honest with you, I’m doing this because I will be paid for it, but now, since you called me a freak, I think I will do some overtime” – Steel said closing his fists again and adopting a battle pose”

The unicorn bathed in manure, opened and narrowed his eyes, they were on fire, he stood up and screamed:

“Brother! Come out here, here is someone I want to kill!”

A few seconds after saying that, another unicorn stallion came out the tabern, he was like the other one, the only diference was the cutie mark, a Bit’s simbol with a knife piercing it, it was crearly he was the twin brother of the other one, when he saw his brother’s state, he immediately started to laugh:

“Hahahahahaha, you are a mess bro, Oh Sweet Celestia, I wish I have a camera”

“I have one!” – Cranky said and took a picture of him.

“Hey, give me that camera!” – The first twin said and tried to stand up with no success, his brother came to his help.

When he finally got out of the manure, the clean brother made an anoyed face and said:

“uggg brother! You stink!”

“Thanks for the information, now! Let’s kill that masked monkey freak!”

“Ok, ok, but first, let me say something”

He turned to see Steel.

“You! why are you helping that baldy? He is just and old fart, crying for some old stuff and an idiotic diary”

Cranky narrowed his eyes and said:

“Hey! My diary is not idiotic, it’s very important to me, it’s the only thing I have to remember her!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever you say old fart” – He turned to see Still again – “And you! well, you have bad luck, you will regret messing with the Nasty brothers, we are well know around here, the best thiefs and bounty hunters you can find, we even have a bounty for our heads but. . . you see anyone coming after us? No! we are feared, too bad you didn’t ask before attacking my brother”

After saying that, both brothers charged their horns, Steel kept his battle pose and waited for the attack.

“Now!” one said and both shoot a beam at him, it impacted a left a smoke screen, Cranky widened his eyes, it seemed Steel was defeated but after seeing in action some moments ago, he knew better”

“Ha! So he was just a big mouth after all, well, that was dissapointed, now let’s take down the donkey again, I’m in the mood to kick his flank again”

The stinky unicorn was walking to Cranky with his horn glowing, he was licking his lips but it was short lived since he felt a powerfull kick in his nose again, Steel as fast as he was, exited the smoke screen, kicked him and sent him again to the manure wagon, he lost concious at that moment, the brother not believing what he was seeing, said:

“What? but how?”

“hahahahah, you really thought I wouldn’t dodge those beams, you really understimate your oponents”

“Ok. . . then, I will not do it again, now please keep Still!”

The unicorn trapped Still in his aura and levitated him a few feet off the ground, he had the monkey! He thought but it was odd, he felt he was so heavy. . .like if his magic was weaker, Steel only stared at him, and he was smirking.

“What is this? You show fear by smirking? Don’t worry, very soon you will not showing any feeling, good b. . .”

He couldn’t finish that sentence for Steel broke the bind and landed on the ground.

“What? but how?. . .”

He couldn’t again finish his sentence but this time it was for a heavy kick in his cheek, sending him to the ground.

“Your little magic trick will not work on me old fart, wow! I will give you points for being able to levitate me even wearing my armor, you are not a weakling like your minions”

“Shut up!” – He answered and tried to bind Steel again, he again broke the bind with little effort – “No! It can’t be! A little darkness stone cannot stop me!”

He kept trying and trying but it was always the same result, desperated he levitated some knives with his magic and tried to pierce the human, Stell used his axe and agility to deflect every knife, he then used of his own knives to pierce the unicorn’s hoof, he screamed like a little girl.

“Ahhhhhh, my hoof! Damn you! what is this happening!?”

“Don’t curse me! it only happened because you are weak!” – Steel screamed and with a kick in the face, he sent the unicorn to the dream land too.

With both brothers and minions unconcious, every creature cheered at high voices, the Zebra sheriff of the town aproached to Steel and said:

“Thank you Mister, you cought this nasty ponies and saved the town!”

“Well. . . thank you but. . . they weren’t that strong, how they managed to scare a full town full of minotaurs and zebras? Why didn’t you just wear some darkness stone?”

The chief, a little embarazed, explained:

“You see. . . the darkness stone is very rare, in fact that armor you are wearing is the higher ammount of stone I’ve seen in my life. . . where did you get it? I thought only the royal guards had acces to it?”

“Look I will not explain how I got it ok? And tell me? why didn’t you get help from them if they have the stone?”

“They came one week ago and took the town for themselves, they even blocked the town with a forcé field, blocking all mails roads and any traveler to leave the town, we didn’t have much of a choice and then you came and saved us, none of us had any chance againts their magic, once again. . . THANK YOU! is there anything we can do to thank you more properly.”

Steel devilish smiled, he knew exactly what he wanted.

“Well. . .now that you mentioned it, some bits would be fine and a maybe a warm room with a bed?”

“You got it! After all you need to get your reward for these two bandits you just caught”

“Now we are talking”

After having a deal, the sheriff finally was able to send a letter to Minus capital city to get some help, until then, they tied the gang to a pole with tons of chains, even with their magic, it was imposible for them to escape.

The town started to celebrate, Steel and Cranky joined them, when the party was over, Cranky aproached to Steel and said:

“As I promised, here are some bits”

Steel shooked his head.

“Easy Cranky, with the reward, I have enough bits for a long time, instead of that, why don’t you tell me where the Sacred Woods are? I believe since you been traveling for a long time, you know where they are, tell me and we are even, I really am not in the mood to look for it until I find it”

Cranky eyes widened when he heard Steel saying where was he heading to.

“What? why would you want to go there, that place is cursed! No creature go out there alive”

“Don’t worry Cranky, I don’t want to enter, I just need to see something, that’s all” (He lied)

(sigh) “Ok, in that case, yes, I know where it is, here let me writte you some instructions to get there with no problems”

“Thanks Cranky, you are great boss”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next day, Steel and Cranky said their farewells.

“Well Cranky, I guess this is where we separated, thanks for your help”

“No Kid, thank you for your help, I love all my stuff but what I really wanted was this”

Cranky showed Steel a diary.

“That’s your only memento of your friend right?”

“Yes, all I have to remember. . . Matilda”

“I hope you find her someday. . . Ok, cya. . someday pal”

“Yeah, but can I ask for one thing?”

“You want a picture, don’t you?”

“How you. . . forget it, I won’t even gonna ask, so. . . Can I?”

“Only if you promise not to show it to anycreature else. . . only to Matilda, ok?”

“You got yourself a deal kid”

Cranky took out his camera and took the picture next to his new friend. They both smiled and Steel started to walk to the forest, Cranky also started to walk to his new destination, while he was walking, he chuckled and thought:

“I made a human friend. . . what is next? A Sea Monster? hehehehehe Yeah right!”

PreviousChapters Next