• Published 24th Jul 2015
  • 20,827 Views, 908 Comments

An Unexpected Life - alejin



Saved by his mother from drowning when he was a baby, Saved by Celestia who found him and raised him as a son, what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bright Sunny, let's find out.

  • ...
61
 908
 20,827

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47, A Hope?

Author's Note:

And we are back my friends! Thank you so much for your patience, The story is on going again, maybe some chapters will take some time to come out but I promise it will not be again 12 months hahahahaha, anyway! please enjoy and comment. PEACE my Friends.
------------------------------------

Your star will always be watching over us my sister, my 4 OCs wanted to honor that star. Thank you so much for all the memories Brenda.

Bright, Flying Hope and Scootaloo were now aboard the Friendship Express. The human was still recalling the moment when he told Scootaloo about their trip to Minus. At first she was a little confused but then her face was quickly adored with excitement. Bright couldn’t blame her for that. Not many ponies in Equestria had the opportunity to travel to another country. The little pegasus was looking out the window, thinking about what the trip to Minus was for. Bright decided to be honest with her. He couldn’t blame her for that either. It was really unfair for a cutie like her to go through all this. She was just a little pegasus filly. This kind of thing should not be happening to her. While Flying Hope was sleeping in her seat. Bright approached the little pony.

“Hey there, Scootaloo. Everything alright?”

The little pony turned to face her prince. She didn’t bother hiding her worried face from him, just like with Rainbow Dash. Her hopes were really not so high and after having 5 doctors tell you that there is no known cure for her wings wasn’t helping her situation. With a forceful smile, she answered:

“Yeah... I’m fine, Prince Bright, and very excited about this trip. I just wish Sweetie Belle and AppleBloom could come with us. I’m sure they would had love it too.”

Bright smiled “Don’t worry. I promise I will do my best to have them come along next time we go on a trip.”

“Thank you, Prince Bright.”

“You’re welcome, little filly. By the way... are you okay about your next checkup? I can assure you that my friend is a good doctor, so there’s nothing to be afraid of. I’m pretty sure you will like him too.”

“If you say so, Prince Bright... to be honest with you, I’m really nervous. What if this ends up the same way it always has... you know, with no cure for my... wings?”

“Hey hey, don’t think like that, little pony" Bright took Scootaloo, was shaking a little, in his arms. “We won’t know until we try ,right? And remember this; no matter what happens, I will be there for you, as well as Flying Hope.”

“You promise?”

“Yes, I promise.”

Scootaloo smiled and placed her head on Bright’s chest. After several minutes, the little pegasus fell asleep. The Prince looked at her with a smile in his face as well. He started stroking her mane. In his eyes, it seemed her smile grew even more.

Gosh, you are so beautiful. How in the world could your parents… no! Those scumbags that dared to abandon you are not worthy to be called ponies. If I ever cross ways with them, not me, nor my mother will show them mercy.

The little pegasus was now fast asleep on his chest. Her cute little snoring wwas enough to make Bright sleepy too. It wasn’t long before he finally drifted to sleep. Flying Hope woke up minutes later and her heart almost melted at the scene in front of her; her fiancée and the little pegasus in his arms looked just like a father and child together. She really wished she had a camera to preserve the moment.

She got up and sat next to her prince. Using her magic, she placed a blanket over them and proceeded to sleep a little more. Scootaloo, who was still sleepy, opened her eyes for a moment, her smile still present. She looked at the two grown-ups next to her.

“So this is how it feels... it’s so nice…”

Once again she closed her eyes again and let herself go to the dreamland again.

- O - 0 - O -

Once they finally arrived at their destination, they walked to their designated checkpoint within Minus. Thanks to his Auntie Luna’s gift, Bright had no trouble to taking Scootaloo inside the country. They’re venture into this new unfamiliar land was nice and peaceful and the fields were nice and comfy. The first stop was Bright’s cave. The little pegasus couldn’t help but watch the place with marveled eyes. At first she didn’t believe that the now Prince of Equestria used to live in a cave. After leaving their stuff in the cave, the trio walked to a little house not so far from there.

Margaret Breeze was working in her garden. The flowers this season were blooming nicely. She was sure she was going to win this year’s flower contest. She was so happy but not only for that; according to Jilt, Bright would be arriving on that day to Minus. Thanks to his letters, she knew the reason of his visit. She was so proud of the little human she saw growing up for so many years helping a filly with her wings problems.

“Mr. Onyx would be so proud of you, my dear Steel” she thought. An honest smile appeared on her muzzle and it got even bigger when she saw the trio walking towards her home. She immediately recognized two of them; her dear nephew, his beautiful fiancée and, on his shoulders, a little orange pegasus filly, were each looking at the landscape. She threw her gardening tools away and ran as fast as she could towards them.

Bright and Flying Hope felt the ground started to tremble beneath them, but the human immediately knew what was coming. He took Scootaloo from his shoulders and toss her to Flying Hope who caught her with her magic and took a few steps away from him. Scootaloo was a little confused at first by the sudden action of her Prince, but everything made sense when she saw Bright literally being tackled by a minotaur. Then he was thrown into the air just to be received by two powerfully huge arms.

“Well... I guess my mom isn’t the only one who does this to me... Miss Margaret is so passionate as wel-...ugh! So tight!” Bright thought while trying to not be crushed by the powerful minotaur.

“Oh, my sweet human! I’m so glad you’re here! Really! Someday I might not be able to let you return to Equestria! I’ll keep saying this to the end; after you get married, you and Flying Hope should move here!”

“Hi… Miss Margaret. I’m glad you’re still so... excited and strong. Thank you for the… ironically warm welcome.” Bright said while hugging his auntie the best he could.

After releasing her crushing hug on her little human, Margaret did the same with Flying Hope. The kind unicorn also hugged her friend back. The minotaur then turned to see the little cute bundle who came with them.

“And may I ask who this little cutie is?”

At first, Scootaloo felt a little intimidated. It was her first time meeting a real minotaur so close. She still remembered that Iron Will guy who visited Ponyville not long ago. Since that day, she kinda thought that minotaurs were a little savage but the one in front of her looked nice. Even though she still had some doubts, Bright noticed that and took her again in his arms. He approached Miss Margaret and began to introduce her.

“This cutie here is Scootaloo, the best stunt filly you will ever meet. Scootaloo, this is Margaret Breeze, an amazing minotaur who took care of me when I was a child. Not to mention her cookies are legendary.”

Margaret smiled even more when she heard that. She then looked at the filly again.

“Oooh, is that so? So you’re THAT Scootaloo? I’d love to see your skills someday.” Margaret said impressed.

Hearing that helped the little filly ease her worries a little with the minotaur. She looked at the lady in front of her and answered:

“Hi, Miss Margaret... and, well, I think I’m pretty good. Maybe someday I can show you some of my stunts.” the little filly said with a little smile. Miss Margaret immediately took Scootaloo in her arms and gave her a hug, but this time she made sure not to do it too rough. Even more surprised, Scootaloo let her be. She didn’t seem like a bad minotaur and her Prince trusted in her, so that makes good in her book too.

After the warm welcome, the four of them walked to Margaret house. Once there, she served Scootaloo a huge plate of cookies with milk. The image in her face when she tasted the first one was priceless and that time, so Margaret made sure to take a picture. While the little one was eating, Bright, Flying Hope and Margaret had a little conversation in the kitchen.

“So... she’s the one, right?” Asked the minotaur.

“Yep! According to Mr. Jilt, it’s almost exactly the same case as WingRift.”

“I see. Poor little filly... if she is half as good as you told me she is with her wings, I have no doubt she would be amazing if she could start flying.”

“You can say that again, Miss Margaret. Let’s hope our dear friend can do something about it.”

“I’m sure he will. Since you answered the last letter, Jilt has been studying all the possible remedies to treat her. He really, really wants to help you with this.”

“And I’m really grateful for that.”

Flying Hope then spoke, “By the way, Bright, don’t you think we should go see him right now?”

“I agree, my love. You coming with us, Miss Margaret?”

“You bet I will, my dear human.”

After Scootaloo finished eating all her cookies, the four walked to the City’s market, directly to Jilt’s hut. Many of his folks greeted him and Flying Hope. Scootaloo had to hide her face many times when many of them were asking if she was their daughter, but she also looked very happy when he said she was a very special friend of him. It didn’t take long for them to reach Jilt’s hut. They entered and found the old gryphon reading through some scrolls.

“There you are, ya old geezer!” Bright greeted immediately.

“Steel! Come here, you deviant boy!”

Both of them shared a hug. After that, Jilt did the same to Flying Hope. Scootaloo was a little confused to hear her friend being called ‘Steel’. a quick explanation from Miss Margaret was enough for her to understand.

“So this is the adorable little filly you were talking about, right?” Mr. Jilt asked, now looking at the little pegasus.

“Yep, this is Scootaloo.”

“I see. Well, nice to meet you, Scootaloo. My name is Jilt.”

“Ni… nice to meet you, Mr. Jilt.” Scootaloo answered a little shyly.

“Oh, please, you don’t need to be nervous. I believe your friend Ste… I mean, Bright, already told you about me?”

“You’re the gryphon doctor who’s going to check my wings?”

“Exactly! You’re a very smart girl, aren’t you?” Jilt asked before turning to see Bright.

“Is she ready?”

Bright looked at the little pegasus.

“Are you ready Scootaloo?”

“... Uhhhhh, will you be by my side during the tests?”

Bright took her in his arms again and answered:

“Of course I will, cutie. There is no problem, right, Mr. Jilt?”

“Not at all, my boy. Now come with me.”

Everybody followed Jilt to the nearby hospital. Once inside, they were amazed to find a well-equipped medical test room.

“Wow, Mr. Jilt, you are very well prepared, aren’t you?”

“Of course, my boy. After you told me it was another WingRift case, I knew I had to be very serious in this. Not to mention Scootaloo is a friend of yours, so what more reason to double my efforts?”

“Thank you, my friend. Let’s begin, then.”

Jilt took Scootaloo from Bright’s arms and placed her in the operation table. He started with a simple tests to examine her health. After that, he started to feel her wings. Scootaloo blushed a little. Just like the Gryphons, it was no secret that a pegasus’ wings were very sensitive to them. The filly was very nervous, but having Bright holding her hoof helped her to remain calm. The tests lasted around one hour.

“Hmm... interesting. Well, I think I saw everything that I needed here, but still, I’ll also need to take new X-rays to check the wing’s bone structure. Is that okay with you, Steel?”

“Go ahead, Mr. Jilt.” Bright answered.

Jilt nodded then he placed the pegasus in the machine. Scootaloo didn’t mind at all. She was used to that process from her past experiences. Once the process was over, Jilt spoke:

“Okay, Steel, now we need to wait for the results and after some more test and research, then I will let you know if there is something we can do. If you can, please come back tonight... alone. Okay?”

“Sure thing, Mr. Jilt. Okay, ladies, you heard the doctor. Let’s go for a little tour around the market. Would you like that, Scootaloo?”

Scootaloo never stopped watching the gryphon. She was almost sure that he was hiding something, but she didn’t pay too much attention to that. It was probably another deception, just like the other 5 times. Even so. she nodded to Bright and then she, the minotaur, the human and the unicorn exited the hospital.

Bright gave one last glance to his friend. Jilt looked at him and turned his head away. Bright knew something was not right, but he also knew he would find out tonight. What exactly is it that Mr. Jilt needs to tell him tonight? His spine tingled just by thinking about it.

PreviousChapters Next