• Published 24th Jul 2015
  • 20,824 Views, 908 Comments

An Unexpected Life - alejin



Saved by his mother from drowning when he was a baby, Saved by Celestia who found him and raised him as a son, what kind of adventures are awaiting for Bright Sunny, let's find out.

  • ...
61
 908
 20,824

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25, Nice to meet you. . . again

Author's Note:

The next one, I hope you like it!
Thanks to my pre readers!

Please comment.

“Bright Steel?”

“Yeah, it has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?”

“But. . . I think Sunny is lovely”

“Well . . .one thing is what you think and other is what I think and to be honest I think Sunny is. . . I rather Steel ok? I had that name all this time and I want to keep it”

(sigh) “Ok sweetie, at least you kept Bright too, I’m gratefull for that”

The two alicorns and human arrived at the dinning room, there they found Twilight and her friends and Shinning armor enjoying a brunch as well, many of them had to cover their mouths to not explode in laughing, Rainbow Dash was in tears, Bright was looking everyone of them with eyes that said everything:

“Laugh and you are doomed”

He immediately jumped off his mother’s barrel and saw everypony again.

“Just for you to know, It wasn’t my idea and I definetily didn’t enjoy it!. . . sorry Mother”

“It’s ok sweetie, I was just being selfish, even so, thank you for granting me that little request, I meant everything to me”

“. . .ok, no problem but please, don’t make me do that again. . .now, me and what I have of pride left want to sit down”

Celestia and Cadence giggled and the three of them joined the mane 6, Celestia sat next to her son while Cadence sat next to Twilight, Bright Immediately noticed everypony watching him with expecting eyes.

“What?”

Clearing her throat Rarity said:

“Well you know darling, did you have a good time catching up with your mother and cousin?

“. . . you know?. . . (sigh) Twilight?”

“Sorry. . . they insisted so much. . .” - she said with her head and ears down, Bright knew this was a signal the ponies showed when they were sad”

“It’s ok Twilight, it’s not like it was going to be a secret for much longer”

Twilight raised her head and smiled to him.

“And to answer your question pretty unicorn, yes we talked for hours and it even so, it wasn’t enough”

“And. . . have yah remembered something more sugarcube?” Applejack said.

“Not really, I have some images for what mother told me but I still cannot see the whole picture of those memories”

Celestia then started to nuzzle Bright’s head with her muzzle.

“Don’t worry honey, it’s not like you will start to remember everything at once, you can take all the time you need, I lived 8 years thinking I lost you, you think I’ll mind waiting for this? even better having you here with me now?”

Everypone “dawww” after hearing that, all of them could feel all the love their princess felt for Bright.

The maids then came to the table to take their princesses orders, Seeing them, Celestia said:

“I think me and Cadence will take some oatmeal and a salad and. . . for my son. . .do we still have some “food” we store for our Gryphins embasadors?”

The maid gulped after hearing that, she knew what Princess Celestia meant. . .Meat! Bright noticed this and waived his hand to his mother.

“It’s ok mother, I think I will have what you and Cadence are having”

“Are you sure sweetie? I really don’t mind, since long ago I accepted your necesary diet”

“I know you did but really, I’m sure it’d not be easy for you or anypony watching a creature eating. . . well you know, I think I’ll have some in private later ok? Let’s not gross everypony for now”

Celestia and Cadence smiled, Bright was more considérate that he seemed, the mane six as well, they were not dum, after hearing Bright’s omnivore nature, it was obvious what they were talking about, the maid sighed in relief, cooking or serving meat was not something anypony enjoyed, still. . . she was a little shocked when she heard Princess Celestia called the strange creature her son, she decided to let it be and proceded to go for their food, after she was gone, Cadence asked to her Aunt:

“Aunt. . .are yo usure it’s ok to be so open about Bright’s identity, I don’t really mind but I’m scared there would be some rumors about him”

“Don’t worry Cadence, that’s exactly what I want, I want everypony to know about him a little before I present him to them, remember right now he is some kind of hero for the invasión, let them talk, I really don’t care.”

“Well said mother, let them talk” Bright said with a cheerfull attitude.

While waiting for the food, Bright shared some stories with everypony, his encounter with Onyx, his life in Minus and Zebrica, his job as a Monster hunter, at that moment Rainbow Dash interrupted him.

“wait wait wait, are you telling us, you actually fought againts manticores, timberwolves and chimeras?”

“Yeah, I don’t know how is it here, but where I come from, they are so many of them and attack the travelers, we need to keep their numbers at bay”

“That’s AWESOME!” Rainbow said while flying in circles “You and me have to train some day”

“Bring it on Rainbow pony”

“You bet! And I’m not Rainbow pony, I’m Rainbow Dash! Remember that!”

“ok Rainbow Dash”

Bright then noticed everypony were really taking his job very well, as far as he knew, killing was not common in Equestria, normally they rathered imprison than executing, the only one who seemed a little uneasy was the yellow pegasus.

“Hey you. . .Fluttershy isn’t it? are you ok?”

Fluttershy made a “Eep” sound and covered behind her mane.

“C’mon, don’t be shy, I know you may think I’m some kind of brute for my job. . .well I am but I promise I will not hurt you, tell me, is there something you want to say?”

Fluttershy remained there, silent, Applejack was the one to talk:

“Sorry partner, you see, Fluttershy special talent is talking and taking care of animals, you will never know anypony closer to them as she is, I hope you understand your past job is not exactly something. . . she can take very kindly”

“. . . .I understand Applejack”

Bright then stood up and walked to where Fluttershy was sited, everypony saw him but did nothing, they wondered what he had planned, once a few inches from her, he summoned his axe much to everypony except the Princesses surprise, Rainbow Dash was close to act but remained sitted, then something even more surprised happened, Bright bowed to Fluttershy with his Axe standed, Fluttershy looked Bright through her mane, she saw he was looking at her with determinated eyes, they weren’t scary at all, before she could say anything, Bright spoke.

“Fluttershy, in the name of my Axe, my master and my honor, I swear I will not do any harm to any animal, big or small here in Equestria, unless they try to hurt you or anypony, that’s my oath to you”

Everypony, even the princesses were shocked, Fluttershy was speechless, she wasn’t Applejack but knew Bright was telling the truth, with tears in her eyes, she hugged Bright kindly.

“Thank you” she said.

“another hug” Bright thought but not in a bad matter, he was starting to like them a lot, he returned the hug while everypony were looking at them smiling, Twilight too but she couldn’t help feel a little jealous but she kept it at bay since now was the perfect chance to ask Brigth something very important:

“Bright, you think now I’m trustfull enough for you to share some information about the Lightning Axe?”

“You. . .also knew?”

“I read about it hehehe”

(sigh) “Figured, you give the air of being pretty Smart, ok Twilight, why not?”

Bright then told to everypony how he got his Axe and his training with Zahari, everypony was marveled and quite shocked for all he had to go through, he even summoned again and showed them some of his skills, since jumping very high to land safely using electricity, his plasma barrier and edge and finally his lightning beams, when he finished, Twilight had everything written in a Scroll.

“Bright, your adventures and abilities are amazing, you should writte a book”

“Thanks Twilight but I’m not really the writter type, maybe someday when I’m old and tired”

“I see, anyway, Brigth; I have one more question, in your fight againts Chrysalis. . .you said you are a . . . human?”

“Yes, yes I did, let me explain you”

Bright told them about his encounter with Mr Jilt and all the information he shared with him and Onyx, by the time he finished, he noticed Twilight and her friends looked amazed but at the same time a little guilty, he was confused but before he could say something, Applejack said:

“Shucks, Ah guess Lyra wasn’t that crazy after all?”

“Lyra?” Bright asked

“You see darling, we have a. . . ahem, a unicorn living with us in Ponyville, her name is Lyra Heartstrings and before you say something, yes, she is the descendant of Scrolls Heartstrings, she is very well known for being a believer of an unknown species called. . . humans”

“hahahahaha, so Jilt was right, not even Scrolls Heartstring kept the secret from his family but why do I feel this guilty feeling in your voice”

“Well. . . many ponies make fun of Lyra for her beliefs, some were even a little cruel, thanks to that, she decided to stop trying to share her knowledge but according to her best friend Bombom, she still believes in your species with all her heart”

“I see. . .poor unicorn, maybe someday I will pay her a visit. . . she is not a psycho right?”

“She can be a little too obsesive about your kind but I can almost say she is. . . harmless”

“Nice to hear that, I’d hate to take her down in self defense”

Everypony laught but also knew he was serious, at that moment the food was served, after some more funny stories and a nice veggy breakfast, Bright was starting to feel very confortable around everypony, they were pretty nice, not to mention his mother and cousin were amazing, Knowing what Minus Royalty did to Mr Onyx’s family, he always thought maybe Royalty ponies would be assholes and spoiled ponies too, it seemed he was wrong, at that moment a white unicorn with blonde mane slamed the doors and entered the room.

“AUNTIE CELESTIA! IT’S TRUE THE MONKEY RETURNED?”

. . . . Or not.

Everypony looked at him with narrowed their eyes, The Princesses facehoofed, why this had to happen when the mood was so good, ignoring the stares, Blueblood scanned the room, he immediately found him, the thing his family called family, the responsable of all his troubles and his staying in that military academy for 4 years, he smirked and slowly walked where he was sat, Bright was staring at him too, chewing some salad, he knew this kind of assholes, all in him screamed a shitty personality, he decided to ignore that monkey comentary he said about him, yes! he knew he was reffering to him when he said monkey, he just waited, wanting to see what his unicorn had in mind.

Celestia and Cadence remained silent, of course they didn’t like what he said about Bright but by looking he didn’t even flinch, as him, they decided to see what Blueblood had planned, with hope; nothing stupid. . . yeah right.

Once a few inches from Bright, Blueblood spoke:

“So you were alive all this time monkey?”

“(chum, chum)”

“Where had you been? In the jungle with the rest of your family?”

“(chum, chum)”

“I hope you didn’t come back to pretend to be a “pony” again”

“(chum, chum)”

“Are you going to answer or you finally forgot how to talk as the animal you are?”

Bright swallowed his food and turned around to see his mother and cousin.

“Who is this Idiot?”

After hearing that, almost everypony’s jaw opened, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie started to laugh, some guards and maids even shocked also were laugthing, even Celestia and Cadence couldn’t help to smirk a little, Blueblood by his part was looking at him with daggers in his eyes.

“How. . . how dare you! don’t you know who I am?”

“(sigh) didn’t you hear me when I asked my mother “Who is this idiot?””

The laughter was even higher at that moment, Even Celestia and Cadence were laughing hard by this moment.

“Grrrrr, ENOUGH! For your information, since I can see you have forgotten, I’M PRINCE BLUEBLOOD! Nephew of Princess Celestia!”

“And Luna” Celestia said with angry eyes.

“oh, yes yes, and Princess Luna”

Bright stared at him for some seconds, it seemed the clishe of an spoiled brat prince was unavoidable after all. . . wait a minute, if he was the nephew of his mother. . . then. . . he facepalmed and asked:

“Cadence. . . please, don’t tell me this idiot is your brother and my. . . cousin”

Cadence ashamed only closed her eyes and noded.

“. . . . great, this is just great”

Blueblood was almost at his limit, with a venomous voice he asked:

“Listen to me freak, you haven’t answered my question, where have you been all this time? What kind of freaks decided to take you in after my Auntie . . . .Uh?”

BlueBlood didn’t finish talk since Brigth placed his finger in his horn.

“Just shut up dude!” – Bright said and then delievered a shockwave to the spoiled prince’s body, Blueblood screamed while his mane and tail were floating for the static, everypony, even the princesses looked in shock at the scene, when it was over, Blueblood had his mane and tail spiked and he was paralized in the floor, Bright only blowed his finger and resumed his breakfast.

“He.. . . he is not dead? Right sweetie?”

Bright chuckled – “Nah! He will only remain like that for at least 20 minutes and maybe will smell like burnt, don’t worry but please, be sure to tell him to never try to insult my family in Minus again or next time. . .I can only say broken bones will be involved”

Everypony noded and sighed in relief but couldn’t help to smile and laugh at the poor shocked prince, finally some. . .human put him in his place, after a good breakfast with Blueblood still on the floor, Celestia said:

“Ok my little ponies, I’m sorry we have to leave so soon but I need to do something with my son now”

“What? what we need to do mom?”

“You’ll see, now come”

Bright noded and proceded to walk next to Celestia leaving everypony questioning what they were about to do.


Celestia and Bright were walking through the halls, none of them saying anything, until. . .

“My son, I must admit that was kinda funny but you need to learn some self control, what if you hurt him for real”

“Trust me mother, I was really kind with him this time, no one and I mean it, NO ONE! speaks ill of my family. . . and get away of it harmless”

Celestia hugged her son with her wing and said:

“Thanks sweetie, I’m so happy to see you still have a heart in you”

Bright chuckled. – “But know this, I was serious when I say next time I will not hold back, if that idiot once again dare to insult me or my family, he will know in flesh what being a true lightning rod feels like”

“I understand sweetie, as I said, I promise I will talk to him, (sigh) and I really thought he had changed”

Bright noticed his mother sadness, it seemed she really had faith in that asshole, he stroked her mane and said:

“I’m sorry mother but eventually you will have to understand, some creatures cannot be changed, no matter how much you want it”

“I understand and thanks Bright - She held his hand with her hoof – you don’t know how badly I missed your strokings and confort during these years” – she said while stroking his hair as well.

“Somehow. . .even without realizing it, I think I missed your strokings too”

They both laughted and kept conforting each other for some more minutes.

After that tender moment, three ponies aproached to them, all of them unicorns, two stallions and one mare, Bright recognized them from his dreams, most of all the mare, she was also the one he saved during the invasión, the three ponies stared at him for some seconds until. . . the mare tackled him in a crushing hug.

“Yeah. . . why not?” Bright thought.

“I knew it! I KNEW IT!! it’s you, Oh my sweet nephew, you are alive!” She said in tears while nuzzling his chest.

Bright let her be, it seemed he’d have to get used to hugs after all, after she calmed down and broke the hug, his mother spoke:

“ahem, Bright, let me introduce you some more family members, this is Twilight Velvet, Night Light and Shinning Armor, they are Twilight Sparkle’s parents and big brother”

“I see, Nice to meet you all”

Besides Shinning Armor, both Twilight’s parents looked at him with sad eyes, Velvet then asked:

“So what my sons told me was true. . . you have amnesia, right?”

Bright noded and stroked her mane – “Sorry”

“(sniff) It’s ok sweetie, you are alive and with us, that’s what trully matters”

Both of them stood up and Bright proceded to greet the other two ponies, first Twilight’s father, he extended his hand for a shake, to his surprise; Night Light shooked normally, Shinning Armor as well. . .well. . .it seemed not everypony liked hu. . .

Both of them hugged him at the same time.

“Of course” he thought.

“It’s so nice to have you back little bo. . . Big boy and wow! you look good” Night Light said

“Yeah, I’m glad you haven’t been slacking off, I don’t want a weakling to date Tw. . . ouch”

Shinning Armor was hit in the shoulder by his mother.

“hehehe sorry mom”

Bright chuckled to himself. . . this pony. . .puff hahahaha Shinning Armor (Really? that’s his name?) thought he was dating his sister, oh yes, he was not that idiot, it was obvious what he wanted to say, even so. . . Twilight was very pretty and cute. . .maybe, nah! He didn’t like her like that. . . since the moment he saw her again, he felt like if she were like a sister to him. . . nothing more.

“Don’t worry dude, I can asure you I haven’t been slacking off all this time and if you want to be sure, I’d not mind a duel whenever you want”

Shinning Armor smiled – “It’s a deal”

With the reunión done, Princess Celestia said:

“Well my little ponies, I’m happy to see you already saw each other and I promise you we will have time to catch up but right now, me and my son need to see one more family member”

“You mean. . .”

“Yes Shinning Armor, for this one I think it’s better if I’m with him when we see her, she is the only one in the family who will meet him for the first time”

“We understand Princess, just be carefull, remember she still is. . . adapting to the new Equestria, not to mention she is kinda. . .violent. . .sorry”

“No need to Shinning Armor, I’m aware of that too, in fact. . . considering that. . .I believe both of them will bond very well”

“You have a good point in that hahaha”

After saying their farewells, Mother and son continued their way, while walking, Bright asked:

“Sooooooo, who are we meeting?”

“(giggle) it’s a surprise sweetie”

Bright looked at her, very confused, just who was this pony he was going to meet?

PreviousChapters Next