• Published 13th Jul 2015
  • 5,548 Views, 9 Comments

Rarity and the Pride of GriffonStone - PhealGud



Rarity has to help Gilda with her scone buisness, resulting in large waistlines

  • ...
9
 9
 5,548

Rarity and the Pride of Griffonstone

Rarity and the Pride of Griffonstone

Chapter 1 A Squawk for Help

A cold breeze rushed it's way across Ponyville, it's icy chill running his thin boney fingers through the fur of any pony unfortunate enough to be caught in the gusts. Safely inside her Boutique, a unicorn worked laboriously with the many fabrics that magically floated around like fluttering butterflies. Her fur, as white as freshly skimmed cream, had a delicate groomed sheen despite the sweat on her brow.
"So tacky, ugh" she pouted, her horn glittering with magic as what appeared to be a tarp to go over a pony floated about, "windbreakers, not even 'my' illustrious and renowned talents can make... 'that' stylish." She looked about her inspiration room, her various attempts at windbreakers tossed about in previous dismay. The white pony clearly had a defeated look to her, even when the fluffy ivory cat weaved her way between her hooves.
"I know Opalescence, I don't 'need' them to be chic magnifique but..." she sighed, the cat in question giving an annoyed look, motioning with a paw to an empty food bowl. "Yes, yes, they asked for plain ol windbreakers but I don't do 'plain ol' anything."

Ding Dong

The white pony's glum look was all but wiped away, her ears perked up and the trademark “How May I Help You” smile on her face.
“Coming” she all but sang, prancing across the boutique with a rhythmic patter patter. Only to suddenly brace herself as the door swung open by the cold gusts of wind.
“Come in come in” she whinnied, “before all the leaves get blown in.” The unicorn had to put her weight into closing the door behind her guest.

“Uh… thanks” a much gruffer voice answered with uneasy reserve, “it’s almost as windy as the Abysmal Abyss out there. Anyway, your Rarity right?”

“Yes, and you might be?” Rarity asked as she turned around to see the griffon that now stood in front of her. The griffon in question having a strange purple coloration around her eyes that made it look like she was wearing too much eye shadow.

“It’s… Gilda” the griffon replied with even more reserve, nervously scratching the back of her head, “I’m Dash’s friend. She said that you're good with business and stuff.”

Rarity’s ears perked up, “Gilda… Gilda Gilda Gilda… I swore I heard that name before.”

“Don’t worry about that. Are you going to help me or not?” the griffon grumpily huffed, turning her head to the side. She then noticed Opalescence lightly hissing at her.
“What yah lookin at DWEEB” she squawked, Opalescence only hissing louder but taking a few steps back.

“GILDA” Rarity bursts out, “NOW I KNOW!”
“oh no” Gilda chirped
“Your that mean ol griffon that came down here and scared Fluttershy, got all huffy at that party, and yelled at Pinkie Pie.”
The griffon held her talons up in defence, “look look, that was a long time ago. Me and Dash made up… I even… made up with Dweebie Pie… to an extent.”
Rarity eyed Gilda with a serious expression, “you know I can call Dash to validate your claim.”
“Call Pinkie Pie if yah want, it’s partially her fault that I’m in this mess” Gilda harumphed, crossing her arms.
“I’ll trust you… for now” she replied with a well timed hair flick, “so, you said you needed business advice?”
Gilda nodded, “I’ve been having issues with my baking business. After Pinkie helped me with my Griffon Scones recipe, I’ve become quite popular in GriffonStone.”
“Why that doesn’t sound bad” Rarity proclaimed, though she knew that there was more to the story.
“Well… I’m having issues with” Gilda said, looking very pained and embarrassed before finding the right words, “SUPPLY… I mean demand… I… UGH!” She flared her wings out angrily, “the thing when there are too many people buying stuff and I like, dont have enough and such.”
“Too much demand and not enough supply?”
“EXACTLY” Gilda squawked, Rarity having to step back from the burst of pent up frustration, “I’m not good at all this stuff, it’s so EMBARRASSING, finally making a profit and then just… running out of ingredients…” The griffon all but slumped where she was, clearly distressed, “it’s such a bummer, I finally feel important and… I’m letting everyone down… again.”
“Awwww, poor dear” Rarity said in a hushed tone. Though with her sensitive Griffon ears hearing the sympathy, Gilda pulled herself up back to her feet and attempted to brush away Rarity’s words.
“But yeah, you want to help?” Gilda offered once more, “I have enough bits to pay for the train ride and everything.”
“Well, I’ll need to pack.” She looked over at the hopeful griffon, “uh, have you asked Twilight? She’s good at organizing, not to mention being a princess must have some perks?”
“I talked to Dash, Princess Bookworm apparently made her a book on what to do in Griffonstone in her stead. If I asked her to come I bet all the dweeb would do is oogle at the statues and visit the library or something.”
“How about Pinkie? She’s the one who helped you before, she could help you ou....” Rarity was cut short by the griffon’s evil stare. “Oh… cause… Pinkie. Probably should have thought of that. Well, there’s Apple Jack, but she’s a farmer and is more involved in wholesale selling but she could…” Rarity looked up to see Gilda’s griffon eyes looking more shallow, filled with worry and dismay. “I think I can probably take off a month or so, I’ve just got to finish these windbreakers and I don’t have anything planned for a while.”
The griffon lunged forward and hugged the white pony, “thank you thank you” she chirped. Though she released Rarity to compose herself, “I mean, thanks. I’ll wait for you at GriffonStone, you can find me at my Griffon Scones cart, it’s hard to miss the line.”
“Sure thing dahling” Rarity waved as she watched Gilda step out into the wind before flying away… or being carried away by the wind, it was hard to tell. The white pony turned to Opalescence who only meowed at her in response.
“Well Opalescence, looks like I’m going to GriffonStone” she said petting the cat who only meowed with worry. “Dont worry dahling, you can stay with Fluttershy while I’m away, just don't mention I’m helping those nasty ol’ griffon’s, you understand?” Opalescence meowed once again, looking hungry as she glanced over at her empty food bowl.
“Thats a good Opalescence, now let me finish these last few windbreakers and start packing. I wonder if GriffonStone has any boutiques showing off the Griffon Kingdom’s newest styles.”

Chapter 2 The Size of the Situation

“Now… this is GriffonStone?… charming” Rarity said with a reserved smile as she exited the train, looking over the city. She’d remembered Rainbow Dash’s warnings about how Griffonstone was in a serious state of disrepair. Though to her own surprise, it wasn’t as bad as she initially expected.

In front of her sat Griffonstone, a strange combination of new and broken buildings in various state of repair. A large old tree sprouting in the back of Griffonstone, holding up the remains of a castle while the branches held up nests with houses resting in them. She walked down the main street, the cobblestone path lined with straw on either side. In her opinion, the houses were ‘dahling’, looking like oversized bird houses with bright colored paint and pointy roofs. At least the ones that were fully refurbished, though there was plenty of construction.

“Welcome to Griffonstone” one of the griffons chirped walking past Rarity.
“Why thank you” Rarity replied in surprise. She partially assumed that griffons would have a naturally sour demeter but it seemed one or two were outwardly friendly. “Hey, is that a griffon scone?” she asked, pointing at the pastry the griffon was currently munching on.
“Why yes it is” the owl griffon hooted, his heart shaped face in a pleasant smile, “our very own Gilda makes them. You should go check out her stand, it’s down the road on the right, near the library.” Rarity would thank the owl griffon and head off towards the library, thinking how much her friend Twilight would enjoy it, even if she’d just be there to watch, but knowing her she probably has some important princess duties.
Looking down the street she noticed the line of griffons, along with a pony or two, coming from one of the streets near the Library. Looking over she could see the line ending at a worn but maintained cart operated by a very busy Gilda.
Feathers fly as she mixed, kneaded, cut, and cooked the dough, all the while taking bits from the griffons in line and serving them at least half a dozen scones each.
“Thank you, come back again” Gilda panted, waving at one of the leaving customers before taking the order of the next one. She would take a batch out, eat one of the scones, then setting the other 12 up to be snatched up by the eager claws. Though she seemed more and more distressed as she sold more and more scones.
Untill…

“Sorry dude, I’m sold out”
There was an orchestra of disappointed ‘awws’ as Gilda looked at the line with slumped shoulders saying, “yes, I know, it’s a bummer, I’ll try and make more next time.”
As the line dissipated, Rarity trotted up, “looks like you’re going to need more stock next time.”
“Oh, Rarity, it’s awesome youre here” Gilda chirped, “this keeps happening, I try and bake as much as I can, I always bring more but I always run out.”
“Well, I’ve talked to the Cakes before I left and got some baking tips from them” Rarity mentioned as she pulled out a clipboard, “one of which being making large batches of dough before hand and then baking enough to fill the shelves before you even open.”
“I… uh… oh kay? But what if they get stale?” Gilda asked
“Dahling, please, you saw that line, I bet they were waiting for you before you opened up.”
“Well… there were a few people wondering about that seemed eager to see me.”
Rarity nodded, “well that’s settled then. But from my own personal opinion, if you have this much trouble keeping up stock anyway, I think a tiny little stand like yours might not be enough.”
“What do you mean by that” the griffon asked, her feathers puffing up insulted “is my cart not good enough?”
“It’s great… quaint cart” Rarity replied, “problem is, you need to open up your own store, something properly equipped to deal with such a high demand.”

“Oh, Gil Gil’s going to open up her own bakery?” came a very happy but slightly breathless chirp, “That’s AMAZING!” The griffon’s footsteps were slow and heavy as she approached. Rarity had to hold her tongue at the teal griffon’s very wide physique. Her gut swung low, obscuring the knees of her back legs, and forcing her stance to be widened. Thick haunches jiggled and shook with every slow undulating movement, arms sagging with fat with pudgy talons and paws. She even had a poofed out pidgeon chest, and while some griffons normally have some fluffed up feathers to thank, Rarity suspected this one had a fat chest to thank.

“GRETA” Gilda squawked, “I just ran out, ‘but’ I held on to a couple dozen just for you.”
“Oh, that’s great Gil Gil” Greta chirped, her chin wobbling and her jowls jiggling, a free talon looking through the saddle bags that sit softly on her expansive gut “I’ve got the bits on me somewhere.”
“Oh no, it’s on the house” Gilda said pushing the bag of scones at her friend, Greta’s feathers poofing up, her scarf somewhat sunken into her neck fat. Greta took the bag eagerly and pulled out one of the scones, stuffing it into her beak.
“Awh, thath’s goohd” she groaned with a beak full of scone as if she just scratched an itch that had been there for hours, slowly sitting on her ponderous ass and sluggishly waging her lion tail. “I’hm totally paying you still.” She shoved another scone in her beak before placing a hand full of bits on the cart. She eagerly chewed the pastry in front of Gilda, her extra chins bunching up, cheeks jiggling.

Rarity could only observe as the fat griffon seemed to devour the scones, her tail swishing about eagerly.

“Soh… who’s your friend?” Greta asked finally noticing Rarity, cheeks swollen with pastry.

“Oh, this is Rarity, she’s helping me dealing with all this business stuff” Gilda introduced placing her talon on Rarity’s shoulder, “can’t make bits if I don’t have anything to sell.”

“Nice to meet you Greta” Rarity said in her best vibrato, “it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Greta laughed, sending her fat chest wobbling, “well, the pleasure is all ‘mine” almost mocking her, “especially if you can get Gil Gil to make more scones.” Greta gave her barrel sized belly a pleased pat, “I just can’t get enough of them.” Rarity could only paste on a smile, uneasy by how willing Greta was excepting such girth, or was she oblivious of it.

“Well, once Gilda sets up a proper shop” Rarity could all but boast, Gilda quickly eyeing her, knowing how she was immediately manipulating Greta to get her way, “I bet she’d be able to make hundreds of griffon scones a day.”

“Your friend knows what she’s talking about,” Greta agreed with a childlike eagerness, “it would be so awesome, finally a cool place to hang out.” Gilda merely nodded as her friend started pushing the idea to her.

“That sounds lovely, a communal watering hole of sorts where all the hip and fashionable hang out” Rarity swooned at the idea, “that would be AMAZING, I will be able to experience the pinnacle of griffon fashion first hand.”

“Don’t go full dweeb on me now” Gilda all but moaned, “and surrrrre… I can try and get a place…”

“This is a big decision, a massive step into growing your brand” Rarity said with a knowing smile, “are you sure you’re ready for such a commitment?”

“What choice do I have?” the griffon groaned, “besides, I’m tired of living with Grampa Gruff, be nice to stay at my own place.”

“PERFECT” the white pony squeed in glee, “now all we need is to get the right permits, make the initial payment, call the inspector…”
“Uhh… yeah… sure” she groaned, letting out a heavy sigh, “paperwork… yaaaaaaay.”

“Sweet Gil Gil” Greta said, “I’ll go tell everyone that you’re opening up your own bakery!”

Gilda only waved her claws at her friend, “hey, I haven’t even picked out a…” But Greta had already left, trundling her fat body down the street, giving a good view of her two heavy ass cheeks bobbing about with the swish of her tail before leaping upwards into the air. With her wings spread wide, she flapped hard, keeping her heavy body in the air, her hind legs limp under her. The once majestic glide the griffons have honed and developed from birth, now resembling a fat kitten being carried by her mother, or in this case her struggling wings. Rarity could only watch in morbid fascination before being nudged by Gilda.

“Rarity, you want to get started on the shop building stuff?” Gilda grumbled, “you know how to do all that bit making stuff. I just bake and be awesome.”

“Look Gilda” Rarity said holding out her hoof, “you brought me here to help, I’m not going to leave you high and dry after those boastful plans of yours.”

“MY plans!?” Gilda squawked

“Now dahling, if your business is as booming as you say it is, I think you should have enough bits to afford a proper piece of Griffonstone real estate.”

“Good…” Gilda began to tow her cart away, “and Rarity… please don't stare at my friend’s ass.”

“I… was just thinking up a new outfit” she lied glancing away at Gilda

Chapter 3 Setting Roots

Dealing in GriffonStone Real Estate wasn’t as difficult as Rarity thought. Even though this was the famous Griffonstone, apparently Dashe’s comments about it being a dump originally weren’t too far off. Property was cheap even after the markup for being on the main street. Not like when she was looking at land value for the Carousel Boutique, Ponyville was a small town and yet it was massively overpriced. Not to mention building codes, regulations, not to mention how difficult it was to get twenty of the union ponies to agree to a large carousel shaped building to be built near by.
Thankfully, due to Gilda’s strong opinion that she wasn’t a fan of overly elaborate decorative design, the exterior look didn’t have to pass by any of the unions.

“Even though inspection is going to take a while” Rarity explained standing in front of the faded birdhouse munching on one of the scones that Gilda provided, “but after that, this will all be yours.”

Gilda looked up at the building, her body having grown thicker with a noticeable amount of pudge. After being taught things to increase profit margin like buying in bulk and optimizing slow gaps in business to restock. With this, not only did Gilda’s profits grow, but so did her waistline. “Always test every batch” Gilda would say, “it’s the griffon way to ensure quality.” Though Rarity doubted that actually meant eating the entire scone from every batch, but that’s what Gilda did, and it showed. Not that she could blame her, having tried the scones herself she pleasantly enjoyed them.

“This is pretty cool” she chirped, slowly walking up to the building, her extra padding jiggling with her steps, “I mean, I’m kind of taken back really. My own bakery.” There was a small sincere smile on her beak, a caring glow to her. Until she saw Rarity noticing this soft moment and looking away with a blush. “But yah, so I can finally get some more bits and… like buy something ‘really’ awesome. You know, make this place look super cool and such.”

Rarity could only giggle at this, wiping the crumbs from her muzzle before magically levitating the key towards the griffon who took it in her hand. “Now we need to discuss the idea of employment, now I may be a one pony fashionista, but you will require some assistance” Rarity instructed as she lightly poked at Gilda’s chest, feeling her hoof push into the soft fat, “while someone is in the back baking, the person in the front is selling.”

“Well” Gilda thought, “maybe I can ask Greta, she’s been excited about this, maybe she’d be willing to help out?”

“No no no no no, not help, ‘work’, your going to have to pay her” Rarity exclaimed, “you will have to drop this lone timberwolf mentality and embrace that your now going to be a boss.” Gilda had a slight moment of hesitance before owning it up saying, “sure… sure, I can TOTALLY be the boss. Queen of the roost, the head honcho, sitting in the catbird seat, I’ll be the supreme scone specialist.”

“That’s the spirit” the white pony cheered, magically pulling out a quill and roll of parchment “now onto expenses.”

“Rarity…” Gilda chirped quietly, the busy pony looking back up asking “yes?”
“Mind if we deal with expenses a little later?” she asked, her eyes gazing upon the worn down birdhouse of a bakery, “I want to soak this in a little.”

“Of course, please” Rarity said as she watched Gilda unlock the door and open it up, “it’s still a little ‘shabby’, but if you let me give it the Rarity shine and polish it will look absolutely delightful.”

The griffon ignored Rarity’s ramblings as she looked over her new domain. It was ‘her’ domain after all. No more staying at Grampa Gruff’s house and listening to his squawking, no more loitering around the library with her cart, and no more being caught out in the rain. Her eyes adjusted as the building was fairly dark, but the wooden counter was plainly obvious. It was covered in a thick layer of dust, there was even a thinner layer of dust where someone placed their paw on the counter some ages ago. She did the same, feeling the wood creak as she pressed her increased weight against it.

“Finally have something to be proud of” she quietly chirped, looking at the old cash register. Her head swiveled around, Rarity still talking as usual, probably something about curtains… which probably wouldn’t be a bad thing. Never had a use for curtains before but now that she had her own place, why not treat herself to some nice curtains, maybe some new chairs. She imagined to herself the image of customers roaming the bakery, Greta walking around selling scones and… you know, why not coffee, coffee sounds great…

“Gilda…”

Maybe sleep under a roof that didn’t leak or had drafts in it, that would be nice, just waking up, making the dough, and not having to walk a mile with a cart to the local street corner. This is going to be awesome.

“GILDA”

“WHAT DWEEB” Gilda squawked back, “I was having a moment.”

“Well” Rarity huffed, “I was just wondering what you thought of the inside. Now I know it could be better but that’s why you have…”

“It’s perfect” Gilda chirped, interrupting Rarity.

“Glad you think so” Rarity answered, “though there’s still some work to be done before this place becomes the hip new hangout for all the griffons in GriffonStone.”

“I know, but it’s a start” the griffon said with a pleased smile, “with the help of my friends, this place is going to be so rad.”

“Awwww” cooed Rarity

Gilda blushed saying, “yah, I have friends… so what…” Her feathers puffed up, making the plump Gilda look even more so.

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone your secret” Rarity said in a cheeky manner as she flicked her elegantly groomed tail. “But now, the most important part of a business, the thing that will make or break any company… what are you going to name it?”

“Uh… name it?” Gilda said taken back, “could it just be like… ‘Bakery’ or something like that?”
“No no no no NO” Rarity exclaimed stomping her hoof on the ground, “it needs to be something catchy. When people come by to Griffon Stone for their famous Griffon Scones, they are not just going to buy ‘any’ Griffon Scones, they want ‘your’ Griffon Scones. GILDAS Griffon Scones, because they know ‘yours’ are the best.”
“Well… why not that then?” Gilda squawked

“What?”

“Gilda’s Griffon Scones? It sounds cool, and easy to remember I think.” Gilda mentioned, spreading her arms out to where she’d put the sign.

“AH, BRILLIANT!” Rarity cheered, “I even amaze myself sometimes.” She clicked her hooves together happily, trotting out of the door. “Now, I’ve got some great ideas for a sign, what do you think about hot pink?”
“I think that’s the color only a dweeb would use” Gilda said rolling her eyes, though there was still a smile on her beak as she took the key and locked the door behind her. Gazing at the building that will soon become “Gilda’s Griffon Scones”.

Chapter 4 Grand Opening

Plenty of paint, polish, and perspiration went into the new “Gilda’s Griffon Scones” bakery. For a day Gilda had to sit there and just wait, having moved the oven from her cart into the building so that she could save bits on having to buy a new oven. Though this transition took it’s toll on Gilda, as on opening day she’d have butterflies in her stomach if it wasn't full of scones and other various snacks.

The days leading up to the grand opening her figure grew wider and thicker, what was originally taste testing was now compulsive eating as she would constantly bake more scones. “It’s just practice so that nothing went wrong at the grand opening” she would say to herself, “if I blow this then I’ve let everyone down.”

On the day of opening, Gilda was nervous and was having a difficult time hiding it, munching on scones off handedly as she sets up the trays behind the counter. Though moving had gotten a bit difficult. Her barrel sized gut now hung low, with the occasional heavy footfall she could feel her belly lightly skip across the ground as it bounced. Her rear haunches were bloated and soft, topped off with large rolling ass cheeks that moved with a slow rolling oscillation with every step, forcing her tail to swish back and forth. It also made a wonderful seat, as she sat at the front desk, calming herself down before the grand opening, just watching the moving silhouettes out front.

“It’s not even eight in the damn morning” she squawked, a free tallon pulling at her apron string which dug firmly into her fat back as it did it’s best to hold up the plain white apron strapped to her full chest, her neck feathers partially poofing out over it. She could just see the crowd build up outside the store, the smell of buttery fresh made Griffon Scones seeping out of the door and into the air attracting customers.

“They must be really eager for your graaaaaaaand opening” Rarity said with a bit of fanfare as she finished positioning some of the chairs while wearing an elaborate hat, “I’m not Pinkie but I think you’d need a bit more fanfare than this for such a splendid occasion.” Gilda could swear that the white pony was appearing more marshmallow like as her own flanks seemed to jut out more than she remembered. Was her cutie mark that big also? It was hard to tell. But she did know that it didn’t jiggle that much.

“I don’t care, I just want this to go smoothly, get those bits rolling in and the scones rolling out” Gilda squawked, despite being quite full of her own baked goods she had a serious pit growing in that voluminous stomach of hers.

“Dont worry” Greta chirped, wearing a bit more flamboyant apron more akin to something french maids would wear, “with my help it will all be a piece of cake.”

“Thanks Greta” Gilda chirped with a smile, her fat cheeks dimpling at the corners of her beak, “and Rarity… thank you for staying with me as long as you have, you’ve been away from Ponyville for some time...”

“Awww, dont mention it dahling” she said as she sat down at one of the chairs, “though you are right and I have been gone for a while, but I will not leave you alone on your grand opening. I’ll even be your first customer.”

Gilda had to wipe away a tear before waddling slowly from behind the counter, “come here guys, this doesn’t leave this store ever.” When Rarity and Greta walked up, Gilda embraced the two of them with her thick arms, pushing them into her girth in a large hug.

“You dweebs are some of the best friends I’ve ever had” she chirped quietly before releasing them, “now prepare yourself, we have a wide crowd out there and it’s just turned eight.”

She made her way to the entrance and let out a nervous gulp, feeling her plump body grow queasy. Looking at the shiny new lock on the door, she slowly clicked it unlocked before nervously glaring at the ‘closed’ sign that hung out the window.

“Are we full stock of Scones?” Gilda asked

“Yes we are, with another batch ready to leave the oven” Greta answered

“Is the fresh coffee brewed?”

“Nice and hot”

“Plenty of change in the register?”

“You bet”

“Tip Jar”

“Nice and clean”

“Is there anything that I’m forgetting?”

“Yes there is” Greta said with a smile, “you're forgetting to flip the sign to ‘open’.”

Gilda nodded with a nervous chuckle, her chins wobbling about. She wipes off a little sweat from her brow, reaching for the sign slowly before quickly flicking it around. With a sluggish burst of speed Gilda quickly waddles back to the counter, her body fat jostling about violently as she makes it behind it to see Rarity place several bits in front of her.
“I would like two Griffon Scones and a coffee with plenty of cream to go” she said giving Gilda a knowing wink, “make it quick now, I’ve got a train to catch.” Gilda gave Rarity a smile, sliding in two scones plus and extra before pouring out a coffee with cream in a togo cup.

“Here’s your two scones and a coffee with cream” she chirped handing it to the white pony over the counter, having it magically being lifted out of her hands.

“You will do great Gilda, I have confidence in you” Rarity said as she turned around. Slowly approaching the door as it opened up to reveal an almost literal wall of griffons as they plodded their way towards the counter, swallowing up Rarity as the orders came like a flood of molasses, slow, but inevitable.

Gilda was just treading water enough to keep her head up to get the orders and have them filled. Sometimes dumping entire pans into large paper bags to hand to eager awaiting customers, sometimes selling a single scone and coffee to those who wanted something on their way to work. Though the bits kept rolling in and the sweat on her brow rolls down her face as she tries to keep up with the large group of griffons. Though, as the morning died off, so did the crowd as what was once a thick and bustling line, became a trickle of customers popping in for a scone or two, sitting at a chair to chat.

Greta took command of the counter while Gilda slunked back to the kitchen to make more batches of scones and take inventory. Already on her grand opening she desired the need for expansion once again, her small oven no longer enough to keep up stock in a timely manner, having to constantly bake scones and stock up before the rush of the day and hope they don’t run out.

“I’m going to need another oven” Gilda said to herself, grabbing one of the scones and eating it.

“We wouldn’t need another oven if you didn’t keep eating them all” Greta cooed, slowly sloshing her fat body towards Gilda with a devious look in her eyes.

“Hey, I need to make sure that there’s nothing wrong with this batch” Gilda squawked in defence, “it’s called quality assurance.” Her feathers poofed up as she felt Greta’s tallon firmly grip the cook’s plush posterior.

“Well then, if you keep this up, I assure you that your scones are not going to be the ‘only’ thing considered to be the Pride of GriffonStone” Greta churred, pushing her own ponderous bulk up against Gilda’s. The Emerald accented griffon pushed her cheek up against Gilda’s fat neck, her flesh yielding to each other as feathers rubbed together sensually. Greta’s tongue, slipping out of her beak to lick away at the crumbs at the corner of Gilda’s mouth.

“Hmmm, tastes good to me” the Emerald griffon chirped before leaving the kitchen with long slow struts, allowing her posterior to properly pendulate. Leaving Gilda with a heavy crimson blush and a new insatiable carnivorous like hunger for loins that she’s only had mere glimpses of in the past.

Chapter 5 The Yeast Also Rises

With the following weeks after the grand opening, Gilda would have thought that she’d lose weight from all the hustling and bustling in the hot kitchen, but nope. For the couple of months she only continued to gain, as she continued to ‘taste test’ her scones and sipped on coffee with heavy cream. There had also been increasing orders from outside of the Griffon Kingdom, and although they mentioned time and time again that they might get stale, apparently the patrons ordering them seemed to not care.

The sun had started to set and the stores were closing, including Gilda’s Griffon Scones. There had been a little fan fare earlier as a framed newspaper clipping from the Griffon Gazette had proclaimed “Gilda’s Scones the pride of GriffonStone”, showing off a photo with a very fat Gilda and a plump Greta with smiles in front of their store front.

Greta was just flipping the sign at the window to closed, fat drooping off her arm a bit as she reached up for it. Her fat chins sagging from her face as she looked back over her sizable ass.

“Had plenty of good business today” Greta chirped, taking a questionably lean rag from her frilly but strained apron to wipe off some crumbs and a few coffee rings from the tables, “I bet that’s just the start of it though, after that article in the newspaper I bet everyone in the Griffon Kingdom will realize GriffonStone is no longer a dump and come to visit.”
She looked back at her boss to see the massive griffon that lazed behind the counter eating another of at least a hundred scones that day. Gilda’s body ballooned out after the bakery opened, constantly eating ‘something’ while behind the counter and in the kitchen. Greta assumed it was from stress at first, but after some late night cuddling that it was not the issue.

If someone ever stole the counter Gilda would still have no problem as her gut had gotten so large that it firmly makes contact with the ground even when she was standing. All she’d have to do was fall back and sit on her huge beachball sized cat cheeks to have her gut spread out in front of her. Early on, her boss would use her wings to try and cool down scones that ‘just’ came out of the oven, but now there was a thick collar of fat that surrounded the base of each wing, making it extraneous to do such manual labor, not to mention flying was completely out of the option. A thick tire sized chin surrounded her feathered crop, with smaller chins that lined up like a staircase to her crumb dusted beak flanked by melon sized cheeks.

“We might need… to hire some more people” Gilda said as she attempted to catch her breath, shifting her paws and talons around, having grown sore from the day’s work, “it’s getting a bit too much for me, and don’t… deny that you’re being overworked… as well.”

Greta nodded in agreement, it was true that in the previous days that she’s been having to do more and more of Gilda’s job as she’s grown more hesitant to move. She even divulged the family Griffon Scone secret recipe to her, Baking Powder, who’d ever think of that?

“Well, I’ll make a help wanted sign tomorrow Gilda” Greta chirped, “as for you, get some rest, we have another day of work boss.”

Gilda gave off a heavy sigh, “you’re right Greta, I need to save my strength tomorrow… and the stairs.” Oh dear Celestia did she hate the stairs, looking over at the stairway up to her room in the kitchen. She blushed with embarrassment, “Greta… I… uhhh....”

“Yes Gilda, I’ll help you up the stairs” Greta said with constrained excitement. Unlike Gilda, she enjoyed it when she went up the stairs, just for the view. Though, seeing her merely drag that massive gut across the ground was an exciting pre show, like watching a fat furry slug pull itself across the ground. Even the griffon’s lion tail had a thick lump of fat at the base that Greta could no longer wrap her hand all the way around. Like watching jello incarnate, every step Gilda made had to shift that gut forward little by little. Already Greta could hear Gilda starting to pant breathlessly, and so was she but for a completely different reason.

Reaching the foot of the stairs, the griffon had to place her talons onto the hand-rails, each arm sagging with thick curtains of fat drooping off of them. With a heavy grunt and groan from Gilda, she pushed herself up further, trying to get that massive weight up just a little more to get up that first step, and the next one after that. Greta would help, sticking an eager hand under folds of Gilda’s belly fat to shift it up another step. Unfortunately even before her rear legs got near the steps, the sound of fur rubbing against the handrails could be heard, fur sticking out between the supports.

Repositioning herself, Greta soon started to push and shove against Gilda’s massive ass, her own plump shoulder sinking into her friend’s plush posterior. A heavy crimson color glowed on the emerald griffon’s cheeks, Greta constraining herself so badly not to give her friend’s ass a playful little nip. But her hands were still free to play, pushing and kneading the large globs of butt fat. Between her huffing and wheezing, Gilda would let out a moan of pleasure as she slowly made her way up the stairs. The fat of her calve partially contracting when she would lift up a leg, and then relaxing as it set down on the step, flowing over her rear paw like brown molasses. Gilda’s fur grew slightly damp with sweat, which worked out great as it helped lubricate both the side of her belly and ass that was rubbing against and over the railing like dough rising out of it’s own pan.

At the top, Gilda could barely speak, huffing and wheezing for air with every breath. She could feel the wood under her bend and creak with every shuffling wide stanced step. Her room was sparse for the most part, a rarely used desk near the window, a very large nest near the center, a shelf with a few photos and a trophy in the shape of the Idol Boreas for the “Pride of GriffonStone” award. “Dash and Rarity would be pretty proud of that” Gilda thought as she looked at the trophy once more. Yet in her body groaned in pain, all of her joints sore and even with the well ventilated room, her body dripped with sweat as if she was in a sauna.

She didn’t even make it to the nest, merely letting her legs fall from under her as she wobbled on her titanic gut. Though, flicking her wings about and wiggling, the griffon blob slowly rolled over onto the nest, belly rising up above like a hill. Pudgy limbs hanging in the air, wings spread out partially stuck in large footprint her overturned gut made. She made low shallow wheezing breaths, letting her limbs recover from the day’s activities, a cool chilling feeling going through her joints after she stretched, pinned to her back. As soon as Gilda’s eyelids began to grow heavy, she could feel light pressure being pressed against the lower hemisphere of her titanic tummy.

“Uhhgggg, Grrreetttaaaaa” she moaned lustfully, lightly pawing at the air as she felt her friend’s heavy body press against her own. Greta’s warmth flowing into Gilda while she rubbed along side slowly, her footsteps causing tiny waves of motion to travel from Greta’s body through Gilda’s. When she appeared beside the horizon of Gilda’s gut, her boss could see a large Griffon Scone in Greta’s beak.

All Gilda could do was open hers, and watch as Greta lowers the scone and her beak to Gilda’s. What started as a feeding turned into kissing, as the two of them bitten the scone in half before locking beaks. Greta’s talons rubbing deep into Gilda’s neck feathers and folds, both of them moaning sensually. Both of their tails swishing about violently as Greta went after her near immobile boss. The two griffons making out as the floor squeaked dangerously.

Chapter 6 Change in Management

It didn’t take long for Greta to convince Gilda to take the proper role as ‘manager’ after the new hires got used to their jobs. The massive griffon residing upstairs doing the taxes, distributing pay, and eating while Greta supervised the three griffons that now operated the shop supervisor. Even as the months passed, an increasing number of mail orders have come in requesting scones. Though, they’ve gotten so busy as a local landmark that they couldn’t fill those orders. Untill…

“Greta, there’s a pony out here asking for Gilda!” squawked one of the new employees, a young bespectacled owl who operated the counter, “I promise, I didn’t do anything. I even spelled her name right on her coffee” . Greta groaned, pulling at her overflowing suit, it’s buttons strained and her name tag sticking out against the curve of her chest.

“Let me at her then” she said as she wiped away the scone crumbs from her beak and pushing down her feathers. Heading out of the kitchen she could clearly see the pony in question.

Covered in a scarf, elaborate hat, and shades, the snow white pony was conspicuously inconspicuous as one could, sitting in a booth on the far side of the bakery. It was almost as bad as wearing a trenchcoat and shades. But the real eye catcher was how fat she was, her cheeks attempting to touch both sides of the two person booth at the same time, her white gut pushing against the table like a massive marshmallow. Hooves ringed with ankle fat like the fat chin that was giving her trouble reading the magazine that was below her prominent pigeon chest. Walking towards the pony, Greta couldn’t help but smile at the feeble attempt of staying incognito.

“Hey Rarity, how’s it doin” she said, causing Rarity to startle, almost knocking over her blended coffee.

“Oh, hey Greta,” she panted trying to regain her breath, “I was wondering where Gilda was.”

“Ahhh, well Gilda’s quite busy at the moment” Greta said with a little uncertainty.

“Well, this is a matter of real importance” Rarity exclaimed with a stomp of her hoof that only resulted in her body sloshing a bit.

“Why don’t you tell it to me?” she asked, “you can always trust me.”

“Why are you so hesitant for me to meet Gilda” Rarity raised a well manicured eyebrow, “did something happen to her?”

“No no no” she said waving her talons, “why don’t you go up there and meet her yourself then.”

“Up… there?” Rarity only now realized with uncertainty. Shifting her fat body out of the booth and plopping onto the ground like a wet rag. Her gut spreading out on the ground like a lightly roasted marshmallow being pressed into a s’more. She shifted over enough to get a look in the kitchen to see the stairway on the far side. If her face could get more pail, it would’ve then. She eagerly redacted her statement saying, “oh… well… don’t want to bother ol’ Gilda if she’s that busy.” Rarity turned her head back to Greta, her tire sized neck rolls and cheek pressing against the side of her plump face.

“Anyway, I’ve been noticing how well your bakery is doing and I think, as your business advisor and friend, we are friends right?” she said soon starting up her ‘considerate’ face, “sure we are. Anyway, I think you, as a company, should consider branching out into a chain of bakeries.”

“A chain…” Greta said with a small smile, “sounds like a good idea.” She knew where this was leading to, considering Rarity’s increased girth, “but where oh where will we open up this first ‘branch’ of bakeries to start off our long and illustrious bakery chain.” The white pony tried her best to act cunning and smooth in her fat form, only causing their grounded guts to firmly slap against each other as she slid next to Greta.

“How about Ponyville, I’ve heard that there’s been a bit of a demand for a place for people to hang out and relax with light… doughy… buttery pastries.” Greta caught Rarity starting to drool before it was wiped up by a handkerchief as she continued, “Even though there’s Sugar Cube Corner, I highly doubt their business will affect yours, they deal in sweets and cupcakes, rarely dabble in scones, especially none as good as the famous Griffon Scones. Oh, and coffee, there isn’t a place in Ponyville for hard working ponies to grab a cup of delicious blended coffee early in the morning. It would almost be a monopoly there, an instant success.”

“Certainly sounds like a good starting point… I’ll have Gilda consider it” she cooed, turning away from Rarity, “anyway, I hope you have a good day at Gilda’s Griffon Scones. Do make sure you take some to go.”
“Oh, I will, I will” Rarity said with eagerness, shaking her head causing her jowls to flop about, “speaking of…” She waddled over to the counter, the bespectacled owl griffon smiling nervously. “Dear sir” Rarity said with an air of royalty, “I would like six… no seven… eight.”

“Scones” the griffon asked

“Dozen” Rarity replied as her belly rumbled in the background.

Greta on the other hand was making her trek up the stairs, already feeling the railing starting to lightly rub up against the apex of her gelatinous gut. The emerald accented griffon could already hear the low grumble of her boss’s belly near the top of the stairs. Peaking up she was met with a landmass that would give the mountain GriffonStone was perched on a run for it’s money.

Consuming the entire nest, Gilda’s soft fleshy mass swelled across the floor, pushing her bloated useless arms and legs out and under them, permanently immobilizing Gilda where she rested. The highest point of the griffon was no longer her head, but the arching hill of fat and rolls that have piled onto her back at least a foot high, partially submerging her wings in the folds. Not like her wings got used, as they too have developed an inch of fat, resembling the fat limbs of a feathered infant instead of the glorious wings of a griffon. Still, the two blobs of lard behind her were insurmountable, a single cheek from her posterior was still heavier than a fairly obese griffon. The tail topping it was merely a thick log of fat that rested in the respectable canyon of Gilda’s ass crack.

Greta waddled her own obese body, her gut dragging the ground, towards Gilda’s head. The white area of feathers that was just her neck, now stretched out to the size of a circular rug one might use for a room. Big enough to rest on, which Greta tended to do often. Her chest, flopped out in front of her, full and proud, rising and falling in shallow breaths as Gilda wheezed from her beak, almost completely sunken into her own chins and flanked by her beachball sized cheeks, forcing her to squint.

“Ihhh… hhhungry *wheeze*... dweeeeb” Gilda groaned, her breath shallow as she attempted to look at an eager Greta. Gilda was hungry enough to even attempt to move her hand, now partially submerged in her own wrist fat, though even her fingers were so swollen that she could no long bend them to touch her own palm.

“Dont worry Gil Gil” Greta teased, pushing at the large trough of leftover stale scones, “I’ve got yah covered.” Gilda could be seen licking her lips, her head forced by her own fat rising around it to look forward at the pile of scones. Greta had to push hard to get the scones near Gilda’s face, the wall of the trough being slid under one of Gilda’s many chins to get it where she could push her face into the pastries. Greta crawled up beside Gilda’s massive blob like body, her own talons lightly scratching at the rolls of back fat she’s developed.
“Gil Gil… I was wondering” she said, starting the pitch with her hands pushing into her boss’s many chins, slowly fondling them, “we are quite well off… maybe we should… branch out our brand. Maybe sending a few griffons out to make a few more stores here and there, bring in some bits.”

“Taht… shounds… *huff* goohd” Gilda mumbled with a beak full of baked goods, looking at Greta with lust in her eyes. The emerald griffon squawked as she could feel Gilda’s almost immovable arm lightly squeeze at her own massive cheeks.

“Well then” Greta cooed hotly, grabbing a stale scone from the trough and stuffed it into her own beak, “to the expansion of Gilda’s Griffon Scones, and ‘other’ prospects. To the pride of the Griffon Kingdom” With that, she heavily kissed Gilda, massaging whatever fat she could grasp, feeling the slightest undulation that reverberated through their bodies as the store below them began to close for the night.

Through out the late hours of night, only Luna and those near by could hear the creaking and groaning from the second floor of Gilda’s Griffon Scones. The birth of the widespread chain of combination pastry and coffee houses permeated into every town, as a place for the ‘cool’ kids to hang out and buy overpriced scones and coffee.

The Pride of GriffonStone conveniently at your local GGS.

Author's Note:

Made for a little Fat Pony competition, didn't do too well, but hopefully others will get a chance to enjoy it.

Comments ( 9 )

I quite certainly enjoyed this. A bit of an interesting take on the subject matter, it was amusing to see Rarity having also fallen to the power of the scones! Hehe.

It is also quite nice to be able to see the improved quality of writing with each chapter, as well as what seemed like a bit more passion involved in the writing itself.

I really wished you'd write more Phaelgud.

6199066
Well, I can understand the writing improvement during the story because there were only 2 days left in the competition and basically wrote most of this in two bursts, a late night and a frantic afternoon. A bit of a challenge for me.

Thank you for the kind and constructive comments.

Quite welcome! I've done a couple rushed projects myself, it gets to be rather tempted to just hammer it all out to make sure its done on time, and one can easily get tunnel vision.

Ya know, i've always wanted to try editing a story or two. Would you mind if I took a crack at editing this story, just grammer, spacing, spelling ,etc?

6201905
I don't mind at all if you edit it. Just send me the edited version through the FIMFiction mail.

Did you ever get my edit in the mail?

You should do a sequel to this that covers other parts of Equstria and how they were effected

Wonderful story! Would love to see what happens if Celestia gets addicted to them as well :)

Even without the fat and weight gian(witch i liked lol). I like the idea of glida expanding into a bakery. I like that rarity was thire to help with the business end of things. I enjoyed the fact that tree/table was right scoons were the key to help girffen stone. Becase of course great food brings ponys/girffens/ppl together. Over all a very good story.

Login or register to comment