• Published 4th Jul 2015
  • 540 Views, 6 Comments

Crystal Delicacy - Skarsnik



Ruby Moon love stallions in her bed, but what happen when she found THE stallion, a lot of life changes for sure

  • ...
8
 6
 540

Family and Foal - part 2

Loun was playing chess with the older foals of Ruby’s sister, Dary Swirl. It saddened him a bit as it was a reminder of his own dead foals. Well he was not that sad if there was a slight chance the colt was one his descendant, but still. It was also a reminder of the few time he actually spent with his own foal. It was no surprise his wife run away without him.

“Is that Captain Shining Armor?” The colt asked while holding the king piece of the white side.

“Yes.”

“You make it? It’s awesome!”

“Thank you.” Loun smiled “But I think it’s your turn to play.”

“Who is your king?” he pointed at the pegasus aside the alicorn on Loun part of the board.

“Oh, it’s a fresh Lieutenant, Silent Pony? No, it was something with knight, Silent Knight maybe?”

The colt took the piece in one hoof “He look like a normal pegasus. But the armor is cool!”

“If you said so.”

Loun was not good at chess but Dary was just playing like a kid, trying to take a maximum amount of his piece. After they finished 2 games, Loun put the board back on the bookshelf it was originally stocked. It was the prototype of something Ruby was sure should be a good sell, but Loun had doubt considering the end price of the set.

“Do you want something?” he asked the colt that managed to pick up another crystal figurine that was hanging on a lower shelve.

“Can you teach me how to do that?” he shoved the figurine on his hold in the sight of Loun.

Loun paused, “You're pretty young for that, it’s dangerous. You should ask your mother first.”

Dary’s ears lowered on his head, “Mommy will not want to.” he put the figurine back on the shelve and get back on the couch.

The stallion sighed, “Fine, but you just watch?” while the colt raised from the couch and headed for the door that led downstair, Loun shouted toward the kitchen where Ruby was talking with her sister “We are going to the workshop. Dary Swirl wants to visit the shop.”

“Be careful” he heard Pearl reply.

***

Ruby Moon had nudged her way in Loun chest, her head between his forelegs, fully relaxed, she was silent.

“So, you are quite different that your sister,” said softly Loun. The mare snorted but did not reply so Loun continued “Something happened?”

“A lot happened, I prefer to not talk about it.”

Loun caressed gently the mare belly with one hoof in a spot he had identified to smooth her. It brought a small smile to her face. “You never thought of having foals?” he asked.

Ruby removed herself from his grasp to look at him “Are you crazy? Being a Royal Guard and a mother it’s not really the best combination, you never know when you will be called for an additional shift or other unplanned situation.”

Loun backed off the slightly angry mare “Easy, Ruby. I was just saying that because you seem to go well with your nephews. And you are not a Royal Guard anymore.”

“You never quit being a Royal Guard.” The stallion raised an eyebrow so she conceded “Ok, I out of service, but we don’t even have the money to raise a foal.”

He took the mare in his forelegs again “I am not asking if you want a foal now. Hell, I was not really the best father it. Sorry, it was just a thought.”

---

“Alright, Loun, put this box over here. Dary helps your mother with the other shelf.” Ruby shouted while finishing putting another shelf in place near the counter. She was not really happy with the idea of her sister ruining her weekend, but at least it was free horse power to make the shop ready faster.

There was still a lot of work, putting in place new furniture needed to host all the products the shop would be offering to its customers was a bother to make the place feel not too crowded and still have sufficient exposure to Loun’s creation. They had to throw away most of the glass furniture that served to expose them, there either shattered when the giants cockatrices attacked or have enough crack that the cost of repairs was higher than just buying new one.

Not counting that Ruby had been a bit optimistic with what the sole sales of figurines will bring enough bits, it was easy to forget that Canterlot worked too much with trends and when the Crystal Empire trend will fade she would need a more steady source of income. She also had great confidence that this board games business could lead clients to buy some figurines. But there was the nightmare to let the Canterlot ponies to not feel they were not in a toy shop, but in a serious business.

“What are these boxes with a pink label?” Interrupted her sister.

Ruby grinned internally at how shocking the content of these boxes could be for her sister, but since there was still her foals around she decided to not let her sister discovered by herself “Leave them in the back, they go in a special location.”

“Ok. I need to feed Amethyst. I will be upstair. All of you be careful while I am gone?”

The various foals answered with some variation of “Yes, mommy.”

Ruby looked at Loun that was finishing moving a box near one of the rare shelf ready to receive product. “Alright, everypony let’s take a break. Let me show you a nice place that do nice pastries.” She turned to her sister “I am sure they will not mind you bringing Dary’s harem.”

Her sister gave her a harsh glare when the older filly asked again what was a harem, but Ruby ignore her while she rushed upstairs to grab some bits.

Comments ( 2 )

Your story isn't bad, but you're desperately in need of a proof-reader/editor to clear up and improve the text and dialogue. You get past and present tense confused from time to time, and you also have issues with smooth dialogue.

Until improvements are made, I don't think I can give this a like, but I won't give it a dislike either.

I agree with Mythic Night.

Login or register to comment