• Published 18th May 2012
  • 13,564 Views, 801 Comments

From The Gates - Dirty Bit



6 old creatures, 1 new life for each of them. Will they manage?

  • ...
26
 801
 13,564

Chapter 12

Chapter 12

In Due Time

Chrysalis was taken by surprise by the mysterious alicorn's red eyes, but then leered back "That does not exactly answer my question, alicorn. What. Is. Your. Name!?"

The alicorn's smile faded "Am I not specific enough? My preferred name is Father. I have other names, but the one presented is the most suitable for me..."

Chrysalis raised an eyebrow "So that IS your name, hm? And who, pray tell, are your lost children? What exactly made you think they would linger about here?"

Father smirked to himself "My children are known for being in the most dangerous areas...I was skeptical of their presence in this world until I caught wind of one of them handling a pack of monsters by himself."

The changeling queen laughed "That is such bunk coming from a stranger like you! Unless one of your children is some kind of large behemoth or a powerful unicorn, I doubt they would handle monsters with relative ease!"

Father's scoffed with his smirk still in place "You'd be surprised, my dear..."

Chrysalis stifled her laughter "Oh, but I shouldn't stall for time. I think it's time for you to get better acquainted with your new home! My subjects shall lead you to your...'quarters'..." She laid a mighty stomp and some changelings flew inside. She pointed a hoof at Father "Take him to the dungeon!"

The changelings hissed and slowly began to surround Father. The pale alicorn looked around and then began to chuckle as his horn produced red static. His laughter, along with his static, grew when they drew closer. He then sent a massive wave of magic that covered the surrounding changelings in a glowing red light.

Chrysalis watched in shock and confusion, then covered her eyes when the light was too bright. When she opened them, she noticed that her changelings were gone and replaced with small red droplets. She gasped when she saw Father lapping up each drop "M-My subjects! My children!" She rose up and her horn glowed with a malevolent green "What have you done to them, you insolent cur!?!?"

Father lapped up the last drop and turned to Chrysalis "There is no need to fret, your majesty...They're still alive. But now they belong to me..."

Chrysalis roared in anger "How dare you!?" Her horn charged and she sent a beam of green energy at Father, who was tossed back by the beam's strength and slammed into a wall, then fell to the ground with a thud. When she cancelled her beam, she gave the pale alicorn a wicked grin "How do you like it, Father!? You're looking at the only being who was capable of defeating Princess Celestia!! I am an absolute modicem of powe-" Her eyes widened at what was happening.

She saw Father easily getting up and brushing himself off as if he dealt with a mere trip over a rock. His expression was calm and nonchalant as he brushed off his chest where the beam struck. He then looked up at the changeling queen and spoke as if the two were not enemies "Impressive...Though, now you have me intrigued about this 'Celestia' character. Tell me, what is she like?"

Chrysalis was slackjawed, but then she regained her angry composure as she shot another beam at Father. He got hit once more, which made the changeling queen smile once again, but her smile left as quick as it came when the pale alicorn made another eased recovery "H-How are you-"

Father waved a hoof "Let's not question good fortune..." He looked at his hoof as it gave off fading static "...Though, I'm quite certain you singlehandedly killed some of your children..."

The changeling queen faltered 'Th-This is madness!! Nopony should be more powerful than me!! Who is this alicorn!?' She then glared at Father "How did you do it?"

Father looked up at Chrysalis "Hm? Do what? Are you referring to the 'process' I've demonstrated earlier? I would consider it a naturally-born talent of mine..."

Chrysalis growled "What did you do to my changelings!? Answer me!!" She snapped with rage.

Father was unphased by the changeling queen's lashing "I've only turned them into philosopher's stones so they can be added to my power..." His muzzle contorted into a smile "I daresay that your children are just as resourceful as my own..."

Chrysalis was now confused. Philosopher's stone? But that was not the only case of confusion "You mean to tell me your children reside inside of your being as well?"

Father shook his head "No, not anymore. And I wish to look for them so I can see more of this world...to learn from it..." His eyes became devious "And become one with its ruler..." he whispered ambitiously.

Chrysalis poked a holed hoof to her chin "Become one with its ruler? So you seek Celestia?" A wicked smile was spread on her face "What if I were to help you and arrange a meeting with her??"

Father raised an eyebrow "Oh? And I trust you have connections? As much as I would love to meet her now, I want to find my children as well..."

Chrysalis' smile turned into a grin "I'm sure she'll help you find your children if we ask 'nicely' enough...Do you wish to meet her?"

The pale alicorn looked down and thought about this. He never thought he could have a second chance to become one with this world's ruler so quickly. And her name even had him sold. Celestia. As in Celestial. As in '...God...' A smile crept onto his face 'Soon, I shall become one with you once more...' Father heard hoofsteps and noticed different colored ponies march into the room. The ponies then gradually transformed into changelings that stopped and saluted Chrysalis.

Chrysalis smirked to herself "Ah, my sentries have arrived...and such timing, too."

Father turned to Chrysalis with a raised eyebrow "Sentries?"

Chrysalis nodded "Indeed. I've scattered sentries around the reaches of Equestria so they could monitor the activity of other towns and their inhabitants. They even transform into exact duplicates of some of the town's residents and nopony suspects a thing!" She laughed to herself.

Father smiled "You never cease to amaze, your majesty..." He looked at the changelings once more and contemplated their ability "You know...One of my children can transform like your own, actually..."

This caused the changeling queen to instantly stop her laughter "What? Are you saying that you've adopted one of my changelings!?"

The pale alicorn examined the changelings "I cannot say adopted. All I can say is that one of them can transform..." He poked a hoof to his chin 'Though I wouldn't be surprised if they were given this form upon arrival...' He then stopped and turned to Chrysalis "I would wish to know about this world before we make our departure. We musn't rush such a sublime moment..."

Chrysalis chuckled "Very well. It would seem your patience matches your power. I will gladly inform you about Equestria before we make for Canterlot. I've never expect to meet somepony like you before..." She was indeed happy to have a cohort in dethroning the solar princess, but a part of her was torn to realize she could not feed off of the pale alicorn.

Father smirked "There's a lot you do not know about me..." He popped the joints in his neck before focusing back to Chrysalis "So...begin sharing?"
_____

Gluttony's mouth was wide open when he noticed the smörgåsbord laid in front of his pupilless eyes. His voice trembled giddly while he was trying so hard to fight back his acidic drool wanting to flow from his mouth like a river.

Greed noticed the food as well and he almost felt like joining his voracious brother "Man, she really is treating us like royalty! I'm so hungry, I can eat a-" He stopped himself and examined his being before finishing "I'm just hungry." His hunger was forgotten when he looked at the amazing golden silverware used for the food. The avaricious pony should make a mental note to 'borrow' some of it if he were to be sent out of the castle.

The five former homunculi sat themselves with Luna and Cadence and they all waited. Envy then broke the ice after a small moment of awkward silence "Sooo, do we just dig in?"

Luna held up a hoof "We shalt wait for our elder sister. She will be with us shortly..."

Cadence looked at the group "In the meantime, could you perhaps tell us how you all are related? You seem awfully different from one another..."

Greed looked away "Let's just say our father's a fickle bastard and leave it at that..."

Cadence gasped "Is he a playcolt of sorts!?"

Gluttony forgot his hunger for a moment and chuckled "Silly princess! Father doesn't play with us! He just fixes us up if we get hurt!"

Envy turned to Gluttony with a glare "Too much information, Gluttony..."

Gluttony turned to the jealous pony "But she asked nicely! There shouldn't be a problem with talking about Father, right?"

Greed turned to Gluttony "Actually there is. So just drop it, okay?" He almost snapped. The avaricious pony's heart skipped a beat 'We don't even know if the bastard followed us here...Oh, please don't let me be right...'

Cadence nodded benevolently "I understand. What goes on with your family is your business."

Lust bowed to Cadence from her seat "Thank you for your understanding." The lascivious mare never thought she would be so neutral about this place. But then again, she was not kidding when she said this place was 'magical'. She was already thinking about when Shining Armor fended off Wrath with a magical barrier and could not help to look at her horn with a smile 'I wonder what else you are capable of...'

Soon after Lust's thought, Princess Celestia trotted into the dining room with a calm expression on her face. Wrath was found behind her with his right wing wrapped in medical tape.

Gluttony noticed and waved childishly "Hello, Wrath! It's good to see you again!"

Wrath chuckled at the voracious pony's behavior "Likewise, Gluttony. It's nice to know you're showing restraint in front of all this food, too..."

Celestia took her seat with a smile "I ran into Wrath after I was finished with my letter. With that out of the way, we shall now discuss the terms of your new duties here in Equestria."

Envy turned to Celestia "About that...are you expecting us to work as soldiers here? Because the only enjoyable experience is actually making sure I bash someone's face in!"

Celestia shook her head "Not at all like that, Envy. And it's somepony. But aside from that, your duties will not be carried out in Canterlot. I've sent for ponies whom you'll consider teachers for the time being. They'll arrive here in an hour to pick you up."

Sloth groaned "Learning is a pain..." He stared at the food with his eye and his stomach roared like a mighty beast.

Celestia noticed this and chuckled "Of course. This wouldn't be lunch if we were just talking. Dig in, my little ponies!"

Gluttony gave a girlish squeal before he slammed his face into most of the meals. He ravaged them like the hungry animal that he was "So delicious!" The princesses were lucky that drops of Gluttony's drool were not flung from his mouth while he gradually cleared the table.

Greed dug into his own plate and ate with a lighter version of Gluttony's tenacity 'This stuff's amazing! Never thought it wasn't meat, though...' He ignored his second thoughts and continued to eat with his lack of manners.

Envy was the same as Greed with how it consumed the food, and then the two found themselves tugging at an elegant cheese log with their forehooves and growling like dogs. Envy glared "Back off, Greed! I saw it first!"

Greed glared back "Says you! This thing is mine!" He continued to pull on the decadent meal.

Luna held an exasperated expression as her horn glowed. She used her magic to split the cheese log in half, and caused Greed and Envy to fall back from their excessive tugging. 'They behave so rashly. I feel sorry for the element bearers already...'

Wrath and Lust were the only ones with enough table manners to eat their dishes properly, whereas Sloth slowly took in a large amount of food in his mouth and slowly chewed.

Celestia chuckled to herself despite the small amount of tomfoolery being displayed at the table. While the former homunculi were difficult, they knew how to liven things up at the table. She already wonders how they would act if they were invited to the Grand Galloping Gala. She then cleared her throat "I hope the meals are to your liking, homunculi. They're the best we have here in Canterlot."

Greed swallowed his portion of food and grinned at Celestia "Are you kidding!? This is what I live for! I don't even wanna leave this place already!" He dug into more of his food after his joyous proclamation.

Celestia shook her head with a smile 'The poor pony will be disappointed once they arrive.' She then turned to Cadence "Cadence, I forgot to mention that Shining Armor is recovering fine, though he will be out of commission for the time being..." Wrath halted his consumption when he heard this "I'll grant him a small vacation until he meets full recovery." She then smiled "The bright side to this is that you'll spend more time with each other than ever."

Cadence sighed "Well, at least he is recovering. I would be devastated if something worse happened..."

Wrath turned to Cadence "Let us not tempt fate, your majesty. As for the means of Shining Armor, I would like to make another proposal." He turned to Celestia "If you would allow it."

Celestia waved a hoof "Granted. What do you desire, Wrath?"

Greed was drinking some juice while Wrath spoke "While you speak of our duties of being placed under tutelage, I wish for something more than that."

Celestia raised an eyebrow "And that is?"

Wrath finished his meal and he rose from his seat "I wish to stay here and serve in your Royal Guard."

With that, Greed spat out the juice in surprise and it sprayed at Luna's face, much to her seething anger. The avaricious pony turned to Wrath "What!? You, serve her? What are you getting at, Wrath?"

The furious pony looked around "This whole castle reminds me of my childhood and how I've spent it in what could be considered a luxury..." He noticed one of the guards standing by the door "And the soldiers here fill me with a large sense of nostalgia with how they are resolute and loyal to their duties." He looked back with a smirk "Not to mention, I would wish to temporarily fill Shining Armor's place as captain."

Cadence rose from her seat and glared at Wrath "You can't just simply ask Princess Celestia to just give you the position as captain! You were not in the army to begin with!"

Celestia pondered this "She does have a point...However." She looked up "You have proven your worth in that little duel earlier, and knowing that you are so fond of how the guards work here, I would gladly see how you would monitor them if they were under your watch."

Wrath's smirk grew wider "So do I have your permission? Note that I said I shall be captain temporarily. I will gladly withdraw my position once Shining Armor has recovered." His smile faded "I would never go so far as to taking a dutiful captain's job permanently..."

Cadence was confused "You speak so highly of him despite emerging the victor in the duel back there. Are you fond of Shining Armor that much?"

Wrath nodded "He was an epitome of strength during our skirmish, and has truly earned his title with his skill. I will not lie when I say I hold the deepest respect for his traits and capabilities..."

Cadence paused and stared at Wrath after he made his claim. She then nodded and smiled "Maybe he wouldn't mind if you took his place for a bit..." She then held a worried frown "But how will the rest of the guard react to this? Lieutenant Harrowing Gale was sure to have the spot of captain."

Celestia chuckled "Knowing Wrath's strength, I'd surmise he'll have second thoughts..." She turned to the furious pony "Very well, Wrath. Instead of joining your brethren, you will be issued the temporary position of Royal Guard captain." She trotted up and knighted Wrath with her large horn while he kneeled "May your strength shine like the sun itself..."

Wrath nodded "It shall...I will be sure of it, your majesty..."

Luna watched this from her table after she cleaned herself of Greed's sprayed juice "Rather unorthodox to knight a new captain at the dining room table, sister..." Greed and Envy rolled their eyes at the sudden ceremony.

A guard trotted into the dining room and bowed "Your majesty! They have arrived!"

Celestia nodded with a smile "Excellent. Then this meal is over." She ignored the sad moan of Gluttony after her words.

The guard then looked up "Also, your nephew arrived presumably after! It would seem he took the time to visit you."

The solar princess' smile wavered a moment "Thank you for the message. You are excused..." The guard saluted and went off 'Oh dear...I might need Wrath's help a little early if things get out of hoof...'

End of Chapter 12