• Published 18th May 2012
  • 13,533 Views, 801 Comments

From The Gates - Dirty Bit



6 old creatures, 1 new life for each of them. Will they manage?

  • ...
26
 801
 13,533

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Royal Banter

Celestia turned to the rest of the group with a smile "If the homunculi would be so kind as to follow me to the castle's main hall, I will gladly introduce you to your new teachers. Also, as my guard noted, you'll also be acquainted with one of my relatives."

Greed nodded and rose from his seat "Sounds good enough. They should know I'm not exactly the best student, though. Being kept under some teacher's thumb can cramp my style..."

Celestia chuckled at Greed's masculine behavior "I assure you, they will be the best ones you will ever meet, Greed. One of them happens to be the polar opposite of you..."

Greed scowled at this 'Great...so they're gonna try and will me out of what I love most? Well let them try!!' His scowl was then replaced with a smirk "Lead the way, princess! Now I'm practically antsy to meet my 'teachers'!"

Envy scoffed "So we're being forced to learn if we have to be free? What exactly are we learning here?"

Lust turned to Envy "Judging by our location, we're clearly going to learn about Equestria and its civilization..." She smiled to herself "As well as its magic..." The lascivious mare could not wait to tap into her horn's capabilities.

Celestia nodded "That is correct Lust. But the sole subject that they shall coach you on is the Magic of Friendship."

Envy was dumbfounded at this and looked up at Celestia "You're kidding..." The jealous pony squinted its eyes "You're kidding, right?"

Celestia held a neutral gaze "This is no joke, Envy." She then gave the jealous pony a motherly smile "You are to show me that you can be able to adapt to Equestria as ponies. This is the only requirement I bestow upon you if you wish to steer clear of Tartarus..." Her gaze was then stoic, but grave "Would you chance that?"

There it was again. Envy felt a pang of fear while it stared at Celestia's gaze 'She almost sounds like Father with that face and tone...' The jealous pony then shook itself of its fear and looked away "No, I'd rather not give those demons my time..." Envy answered in a calm tone.

Celestia smiled "Then I hope you all are ready." She turned to Luna and Cadence "Shall we?"

Luna and Cadence nodded and rose from their seats as they joined the rest of the group. They then made their way out of the dining room at a decent pace.

Wrath and Greed trotted side-by-side, and the furious pony turned to Greed "So, Greed...how does it feel that you'll be met with the exact opposite of what you stand for?" He smirked and awaited a response.

The avaricious pony scowled at Wrath's words "Dreadful...I'm not letting neither of them lead me away from what I live for! There's nothing wrong with a little greed in your life, and you know it!"

Wrath only chuckled "Hopefully they would as well..." They trotted down the stairs of the main hall to see four ponies on the ground floor.

Greed wanted to take a look at the colorful ponies, but was stopped when two unicorns bearing royal trumpets blew into them as they announced an arrival. The trumpets were enough to annoy the former homunculi, save for Gluttony, who tried to imitate them after they finished.

A unicorn stallion in a shakespearean outfit levitated a scroll and cleared his throat before reading it with his eyes closed "From the surnamed manor of his most elegant presence, Prince Blueblood of the Royal Family!" The messenger moved out of the way to make way for a pony trotting haughtily towards the group with his nose stuck in the air with pride. It was yet another unicorn, only he was prim and proper with a golden mane and a compass for a cutie mark.

Blueblood stopped in front of Celestia and ignored his regal demeanor for a moment to act like a happy child "Ah, Auntie Celestia! Aunt Luna! So good to see you two again! It's been so long!"

Luna shared a small nuzzle with Blueblood "Likewise, dear nephew!"

Celestia smiled at her nephew "Only two weeks, but it's good to see you, too, Blueblood. How have you been?" She inwardly facehoofed at how her own nephew would behave so poorly at a mature age.

Blueblood's face contorted into a disappointed frown as he scoffed "Oh, it was simply abhorrant with how my servants had to act so lenient in their work while I graciously pay them AND let them stay at my humble abode! When I was first issued with these servants, they happily served me without a word, but over time, they've become more lazy and ill-minded!"

Cadence sighed at this and looked away 'I wonder why...' She never really liked Blueblood with how he acted toward other ponies, even if he was related to Celestia. He always seemed so ignorant in her eyes.

Celestia nodded "I see. As nice as it is to see you again, Blueblood, I have to get the element bearers acquainted with their new students."

The ignorant prince raised an eyebrow "Students?" He looked behind the princesses to see the former homunculi stand idly by with their own expressions "Well, where are they? All I see are circus ponies behind you!"

Envy heard this and leaped forward "What did you say, punk!?" The jealous pony went to attack, but was held back by Celestia's magic. Envy flailed while it was being pulled back and growled at Blueblood when set next to Greed.

Celestia turned to Blueblood and kept her smile, but spoke in a slightly impatient tone "Blueblood... THESE are the students I was referring to. They will be departing for Ponyville shortly."

Blueblood sniffed "So I've been told. It would seem suitable for them given their...appearance." He slightly grimaced at each of them until he locked his eyes on Lust. His expression then changed to a mixture of shock, bemusement, and wonder "Who is this wondrous mare standing next to them!?"

Lust smirked at the ignorant prince 'It seems I was wrong about the ponies differing from humans in foolishness...This one projects it without trying...' She gave a curtsey before introducing herself "Greetings, Prince Blueblood. My name is Lust. I am pleased to meet your acquaintence..." She spoke in a polite tone, though she wondered how to toy with this one on the inside.

Blueblood trotted forward and gently took Lust's left foreleg with his right and pecked at the hoof "The pleasure is mine. And might I say, you have an amazing name to go with your figure." He flashed a dashing gaze at Lust.

The lascivious mare chuckled, not in flattery, but at how Blueblood thought he was sweeping her off her feet 'Such a buffoon, this one...' She held her kissed hoof to her cheek and pretended to blush "Oh my, I feel faint..." Lust spoke in mock ecstasy.

Celestia shook her head with a smile at the scene. Greed and Envy snickered at this as they watched. Gluttony glared at the ignorant prince "No one talks to Lust that way..." he muttered to himself.

Blueblood tilted his head at Lust "Tell me, what exactly are you doing with these..." He looked at the other former homunculi and hesitated "How should I put this without hurting their feelings?"

Greed spoke up "Just say ponies like everypony else. It's that easy." He smirked at the ignorant prince.

Blueblood grimaced at Greed's manners "Yes, of course..." He turned back to Lust "So what are you doing with these...ponies?" He spoke the last word hesitantly, as if he wanted to say something else.

Lust shook her head 'I think I've had my fun with this one...' She smiled "Why they're my family, of course! Could you perhaps grace them with your kindness as well?"

Blueblood was shocked "These ones are your family!? But how!?"

Lust smiled at the look of Blueblood's reaction "Oh, it's a long story, but perhaps I should introduce them to you!" She waved a hoof to an angry looking round pony "This is my little brother Gluttony. Say hello, Gluttony!"

The voracious pony continued glaring at Blueblood "...Hello..." He muttered in an angry tone. Greed and Envy watched in wonder, not expecting Gluttony to act so protective of Lust.

Blueblood reluctantly waved "Yes, hello to you, too..." He winced after his wave 'My word, what does that pony eat!? Nopony shouldn't be THIS obese in nature!' He directed his attention to the others "And what of them?"

Celestia decided to cut in "This one is Greed. And apparently he wants everything in Equestria." She spoke in a nonchalant tone.

Greed simply grinned his sharp teeth and chimed in "Damn straight!"

Blueblood scoffed in disgust "Such language! Have you no manners?"

The avaricious pony waved a dismissive hoof "Only around women and people I like. Other than that, you'll have to get used to how I act around others!"

Celestia chuckled and then pointed to Envy "And the one you just antagonized is Envy."

Blueblood stared at Envy and slowly grimaced. The jealous pony glared at him with cold indifference "What is it?"

The ignorant prince tilted his head "...What gender are you exactly? Are you a mare or are you a colt?" He then grimaced once again "Please tell me it's not both..."

Envy glared daggers at Blueblood "Does it matter!?" It spat venom with its words.

Blueblood instantly replied "Of course it does! I cannot stand a pony who was conceived in both genders! It's simply inequine and abominable!" Celestia facehoofed at her nephew's remark. She was lucky to have so much patience for him.

Envy, on the other hoof, resembled Wrath when he fought Shining Armor "I'm going to kill you...painfully..." It slowly trotted up and went to pounce on Blueblood, only to be held back by Celestia once more "Oh, come on!!"

Celestia turned to Blueblood "Now Blueblood, I do believe you owe Envy an apology. Can you do that?"

Blueblood huffed "I suppose so, since it's you asking me, Auntie." He cleared his throat "I apologize that you were born into this world how you are."

Envy knew he did not mean a single word and only gave a hate-filled glare "You're lucky she's holding me back..." It uttered in a low and dark tone.

Blueblood turned to Lust and spoke in a polite tone "Well, you do have a unique family. And while I would meet the rest of them, I only wish to see my aunts!"

Celestia turned to Luna and nodded her head towards the stairs. Luna complied to the message and returned a nod of her own. She turned to Blueblood and held out a hoof "Come, Blueblood! We have much to talk about! We would gladly hear of the time you hath spent in your manor!"

Blueblood nodded "Of course, Aunt Luna! Lead the way while I regale my past days to you!" The two then trotted off while Blueblood bantered on about his home activities.

Celestia gave a relieved sigh and turned to the former homunculi "My most sincerest apologies for Blueblood, my little ponies...He can behave very poorly at times despite his status."

Envy glared at the solar princess "Why did you stop me!? I would've put the bastard in his place!"

Celestia gave Envy a stern gaze "Because such behavior should not be tolerated around here. Your words were unacceptable, Envy." She closed her eyes "I can only hope you will learn proper kindness soon enough..."

Envy looked away with a scowl "Beating him within an inch of his life would've been a kindness..." The jealous pony muttered.

Lust chuckled "Ignorance is bliss. But I can see how he portays his behavior with such a high status." She turned to Gluttony and patted his head "Here I thought he would have been a dignified figure in this world..."

Steam flared from Gluttony's nostrils as he gave a disgusted snort "I don't like him! Not one bit!"

Greed chuckled "Easy, Gluttony. You wouldn't want to piss off the-"

"Princess!"

The avaricious pony, along with the rest of the group turned their heads to see six ponies make their way inside of the castle. One of them was a purple unicorn who galloped towards Celestia and shared a nuzzle to which the princess gladly returned.

Lust smirked "Well well, it would seem our 'teachers' have arrived..."

End of Chapter 13