• Published 18th May 2012
  • 13,541 Views, 801 Comments

From The Gates - Dirty Bit



6 old creatures, 1 new life for each of them. Will they manage?

  • ...
26
 801
 13,541

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Elements of Sin

The former homunculi took a proper look at the one who approached the princess. When she finished, the unicorn turned to see Cadence and went to her side to nuzzle her as well. After she shared both embraces, she beamed at Celestia "I heard about the students you were going to assign to us! I never thought you would issue a responsibility like this to us!"

Celestia gave a warm smile "Well, you and your friends have learned to much in the past, that it's only best you spread the teachings to the next generation." She turned to the former homunculi "Feel free to get acquainted with them."

The six ponies looked back at the six former homunculi with mixed expressions. Greed noticed that the only one that did not feel something was off was the pink one, who smiled jubilantly at him and the others. Then they all got acquainted with each other in different groups.

A rainbow maned pegasus examined Wrath as he stood proudly next to Celestia and gave an impressed smile "Wow, you look pretty cool for an old guy!"

Wrath looked up at Rainbow Dash with a smirk "Thank you, and it would be wise to respect your elders..."

The pegasus landed and felt a little sheepish "Hehe, my bad..." She then perked up "Anyways, the name's Rainbow Dash! Element of Loyalty and Fastest Flier in Equestria! What's yours??"

Wrath nodded "I go by either Wrath or King Bradley..." He then smirked "Or you can perhaps call me Captain Wrath."

Rainbow Dash tilted her head "Captain? But I thought Shining Armor was the captain!"

Greed heard and smirked over at Rainbow Dash "You mean that unicorn? Yeah, Wrath kicked his ass in a one-on-one duel and earned his spot!" He chuckled to himself.

The purple unicorn heard and looked over with an incredulous expression "He did what!?"

Wrath nodded "Temporarily of course. I will lead the army with Celestia's expectations in his absence..." He looked over to the unicorn and gave a curt bow "My apologies if this confuses you or leaves you disoriented..."

She looked down with sad eyes "But my brother's the best in the army! Nopony couldn't easily fight him in a duel like that!"

Greed went wide-eyed "That unicorn is your brother!?" He galloped over and examined the purple unicorn before he stopped "I don't exactly see the resemblance other than you're a unicorn as well..."

The purple unicorn raised an eyebrow "Did you try comparing cutie marks?"

The avaricious pony thought about this and looked at the unicorn's cutie mark. It was nothing but a set of stars, almost similar to Shining Armor's minus the shield "Ah, I getcha..." He looked up with a content smile "What's your name, kid? My name's Greed."

The purple unicorn gave a smile of her own and held a hoof to her chest "My name is Twilight Sparkle, Element of Magic, and personal student of Princess Celestia!"

Greed went silent 'Personal...That means this one probably knows enough about the princess to see what makes her tick!' He grinned to himself and patted Twilight on her head while she looked confused "Sparkle, you and I might get along just fine..."

The pink pony hopped around Envy and giggled happily. It was as if nothing stopped her from exerting her joy, and she already agitated the jealous pony to the point where it twitched an eye. It gritted its teeth and yelled "Could you stop that!? It's getting on my nerves!"

The pink pony stopped in front of Envy with an unchanged smile "Okie Dokie Loki!" She then waved "Hi there! I'm Pinkie Pie, Element of laughter and party planner extraordinaire! I have more titles, but those'll be enough for you!" She grinned.

Envy sneered back 'You forgot ignoramus...' "Good enough for me. I'm Envy..." The jealous pony then caught Pinkie holding her hooves to her mouth while she held back her laughter. Envy glared "What?"

Pinkie then pointed a shaky hoof while she containted her laughter "Your head!"

Envy's eyes narrowed "What about it?"

Pinkie was about to burst "It looks like-...like-...like-...!"

The jealous pony almost lost its patience "Like what!? Out with it!"

Pinkie could not hold it anymore "Like a palm tree!" She fell back and rolled around in laughter "I wonder if you have a palm tree cutie mark as well!" She continued, unaware of the pony in front of her.

Envy stood stalk still while it glared down at Pinkie. The jealous pony then sported a devious grin "Hey, Gluttony...did you know the pink one's mane is made of candy??"

Gluttony perked his ears and looked over "Candy!?" He galloped and stopped by Pinkie with his tongue stuck out. He never had candy in a long while.

Pinkie looked up "Oh, hello there! Are you hungry? Cuz you're drooling an awful lot!" She was oblivious to Gluttony's drool seering the floor "Why are you looking at me like that, silly?"

Gluttony licked his lips and wiped his drool "Candy...I'm going to eat you!"

Pinkie tilted her head "Are we playing tag? Okay!" She got up and booped Gluttony's nose "Tag! You're it!" She then hopped off with a giggle, unaware that Gluttony only followed so he could have at Pinkie's mane, and quite possibly the rest of her body.

Envy scoffed "That's one way to get rid of a problem..." It trotted off to see if it could find some isolation.

The orange mare stared up slackjawed at Sloth's sitting form "Land sakes! What do they feed y'all back home!?"

Sloth only replied with a tired groan as he slowly went down into a resting position, his chains rattling with his movement "...What a pain..."

The orange mare raised an eyebrow "Well, okay then..." She then smiled and tipped her hat "Howdy there! Name's Applejack, Element o' Honesty and proud worker on Sweet Apple Acres! What's yer's, big guy?"

Sloth turned away from Applejack and answered "Sloth...I'm tired, and I wanna take a nap..."

Applejack scratched the back of her head "Well, his name suits his mood..." She then looked over at his cutie mark with curiousity and bemusement 'What in the hay does that mean?'

The white unicorn stared up at Lust with amazement "Oh my stars, darling! You look absolutely marvelous! You're like a second Fleur de Lis with your form!"

Lust chuckled at the praise she received "Why thank you. I suppose you hold an elegant charm of your own with your style..." She then bowed "My name is Lust. And you are?"

The white unicorn nodded "Yes, of course!" She bowed herself "Pleased to meet you, Lust! My name is Rarity, Element of Generosity and owner of Carousel Boutique! If you ever need a fine dress, you know who to turn to!"

Lust smirked "Generosity? You should probably meet Greed..."

Rarity looked up in confusion "There's a pony named Greed?"

The lascivious mare nodded "Oh yes. And he even lives by his name, too. Would you like to meet him?"

The fashionista was hesitant about this. She remembered both of her times when she got greedy herself. She definitely could not forgive Discord for what she now called the 'Tom incident', and she could not help herself when she knew that the boquet from the wedding fell in her hooves 'W-Well, I'm sure it did...' She looked up at Lust "Erm, perhaps later. He IS going to be a student of mine, and I only wish to have a nice chat amongst us ladies!" She beamed at the lascivious mare "Could you perhaps tell me how you style your mane?"

Lust chuckled "Oh, I would style it like any girl...I'm flattered that you adore it so much."

Envy trotted until she came face-to-face with the only other lone figure. It was a cringing yellow pegasus who tried to hide herself in her flowing pink mane. The jealous pony stood and took one step, and the pegasus reflexively squeaked and scooted back. Envy repeated once more with the same results and shot a deadpan stare. It then turned to the group and pointed at the pegasus "Is she for real?"

Twilight looked at Envy "Careful now, Envy. That's Fluttershy, Element of Kindness. She's not good at meeting new ponies..."

Envy turned to Fluttershy "Fluttershy, huh?" The jealous pony never thought kindness would take this form, but then again it didn't matter at all. Envy slowly leaned into Fluttershy's face to examine her with squinted eyes while she shook profusely. After a small moment, Envy decided to break the ice "...Boo."

Fluttershy squeaked and quickly hid behind Celestia. Envy then chuckled "Oh, you are just a treat!"

Rainbow Dash saw Envy's treatment and glared. She then flew over and got in Envy's face "Hey, watch it! Don't tease Fluttershy"

Envy glared back "I only said one word to her! That doesn't even count as teasing!"

Rainbow Dash then pushed her snout towards Envy's with force "You better watch yourself! If I catch you messing with Fluttershy again, so help me I'll-"

Envy glared and pushed back with its snout "You'll what?" it uttered darkly.

Rainbow Dash growled and pushed once more "Why don't you make me angry and see!?"

Envy pushed once more "Ladies first!!" The two tried pushing each other while growling.

Lust and Rarity watched in exasperation. The fashionista rolled her eyes "My word, they're like children!"

The lascivious mare nodded with a sigh "It's like looking into a mirror. Sometimes, it's not so good to be related to them..."

Rarity turned to Lust with surprise "You're related? How do you put up with how that mar-..." She looked at Envy and paused "...that col-..." She paused again, and then turned to Lust "That pony?"

Lust smiled "We share a mutual respect and nothing more. Not much to expect between siblings."

Twilight, Cadence, Greed, Wrath conversed while Gluttony continued chasing Pinkie around. Cadence turned to Wrath "-and that's how it happened. I'm not too thrilled with the results, but Wrath has shown such remarkable battle experience against Shining Armor. But aside from that, it surprises me that they're all related!"

Greed smirked "Everyone except Wrath here! He's the illegitimate child!" He laughed at his own joke while furious pony glared at him.

Twilight turned to Greed "Illegitimate? He seems to carry seniority over you, Greed..."

Greed snorted "You don't know us, do you!? Wrath's the youngest out of all of us!"

Twilight and Cadence's jaws dropped and the lavender bookworm spoke up "What? But that can't be right! Wrath is-"

Wrath nodded "I'm afraid Greed is correct, Miss Sparkle. However..." He smirked "That does not mean I cannot best him in combat..."

Greed glared at the furious pony "Up yours! I say we settle things before we leave!" His horn began to glow, but then was stopped by Celestia, who shook her head. Greed then scoffed "Fine..."

Twilight seemed unnerved by the tension shared between Greed and Wrath "Don't you all love each other as a family?"

Greed snorted with a grin "Define love!"

Pinkie giggled while she hopped away from Gluttony, who did not relent in his hungry craze "Come back, candy mane! I wanna eat you!"

The party pony looked back and spoke "I'm not candy mane! I'm Pinkie Pie! What's your name?"

Gluttony galloped and huffed "Gluttony! Can I please eat you?"

Pinkie laughed "You can't eat me silly! You-" She gasped "Oh, you're hungry!" She stopped and dug into her mane and pulled out a cupcake. When Gluttony got close, she stuffed the baked good into his maw "Here ya go!"

The voracious pony stopped and chewed the cupcake before swallowing it. If he had pupils, they would widen and tremble at how delicious the morsel was "What was that? It was amazing!!"

Pinkie gasped "You never had a cupcake before!?" She pointed a hoof "Oh, you're in for a WORLD of party once we get to Ponyville!"

Celestia chuckled "Then I suppose you should be on your way. I look forward to hearing about each of your lessons."

Wrath nodded "You all know I shall remain here and maintain the army..." He looked up to Celestia with a smile "Perhaps I can learn friendship from Celestia, knowing that she is well-versed in the subject..."

Celestia chuckled "Maybe you will, Wrath." She turned to the rest of the group "Okay, my little ponies. It is time for you to depart from here."
_____

The former homunculi were led to a train and each of them, save for Wrath and Sloth, made their way inside. Lust looked around and hummed to herself "It's been a while since I've rode on a train. Has this locomotive been met with serious trouble in the past?"

Twilight turned to Lust "Not really. The Friendship Express is actually one of the best means of transport in Equestria!"

Envy groaned as it trotted past the two mares "Friendship this and friendship that, I swear..."

Outside of the train, Celestia directed Sloth to a large cart being pulled by six athletic stallions. When he lazily drew close, each of the stallions went pale at Sloth's appearance, and almost faltered when he made his way onto the cart and accidentally broke the wood. Sloth then plucked the splinters from his body "Wood is a pain..."

Celestia sighed "Perhaps it is time to try out the new steel carts..." She signalled for the stallions to gallop over to the castle and return with a cart that resembled the last one, only it shimmered with silver. Sloth then made his way onto the cart and groaned in complaint to how cold it was.

Celestia chuckled and waved the ponies off as they departed on their respective means of transport 'I hope that the homunculi will learn something from the element bearers...'

On the Friendship Express, Greed leaned on his bench and waited. Soon he will be sent ot a quiet place called Ponyville...away from the castle...where Wrath chose to stay...and be pampered...When the avaricious pony's mind clicked, his face instantly contorted into an expression of pure rage "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-" He showed himself out the window and held a hoof upward "DAMMIT, WRATH!!!" Greed looked at his hoof and then growled in more rage.

Twilight, confused about Greed's sudden mood shift galloped to his side "Greed? What's wrong??"

Greed only looked back at the distant figures of Celestia and Wrath as he kept his hoof up "IF I HAD FINGERS, I'D BE SHOWING YOU ONE!!!" Greed has never felt so duped in his life. He was led away from a luxurious castle to another destination.

End of Chapter 14