• Published 18th May 2012
  • 13,497 Views, 801 Comments

From The Gates - Dirty Bit



6 old creatures, 1 new life for each of them. Will they manage?

  • ...
26
 801
 13,497

Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Approaching Twilight

When Greed and Envy were far away from the group, the jealous pony turned to Greed "Okay, you got me away from them. What's your game?"

The avaricious pony shook his head "No game. I just wanna talk is all..."

Envy raised an eyebrow "Us? Talk? What are you getting at, Greed?"

Greed looked away "Well, I sure as hell can't talk to Lust or Gluttony, Sloth's already passed out, and there's no way I'm talking to Rarity..." He shuddered at the thought of trading his avarice for generosity "So basically, you're the only one I can talk to at this point..."

Envy was more than confused "About what? Are you still wondering why we're ponies or something?"

Greed waved a hoof "No no, I'm over that...It's just..." He slowly turned over to see Twilight chat with Lust and Rarity and growled to himself 'I can't believe that stupid princess had to screw with my chances of learning about her and getting more power...' "I can't really talk to Twilight without her thinking I'm coming onto her! I may want women, but one of the things I DON'T want is a committed relationship!"

Envy held a bored expression on its face "So you borrowed me just so you could let off steam??"

Greed paused for a moment to reflect on his actions and already felt like kicking himself repeatedly for the logic in his actions. Did he actually just borrowed one of his hated family members aside from his father to vent about a small topic like a child? He hung his head and groaned "Dammit..."

Envy chuckled at Greed's misfortune "Well, I guess I should thank you for getting me away from those assholes...Especially Pinkie" It growled between its teeth as it noticed Pinkie from afar having a cupcake-eating contest with Gluttony. Needless to say that it was a tie so far.

Greed turned to Envy and tilted his head "Why do you hate Pinks so much? Is she that annoying to you?"

Envy gritted its teeth "Annoying would be an understatement! I HATE her and all she's doing is making it worse with the help of that prismatic prick over there!" It pointed a hoof to Rainbow Dash talking to Applejack. Envy then turned to Fluttershy with a questioning sneer "I dunno what the hell she wants with me, though..."

Greed smirked "So you decided to vent your own problems as well? That's something I never expected from you..."

Envy flinched and grunted as it turned to glare at Greed "Sh-Shut up! Why don't you just go over there and talk to Twilight again!?"

Greed flinched himself and glared back at Envy "No way! That's a dumb move in itself!"
_____

Rarity examined Lust from head to toe "Yes, I think I'll have just the thing for you to wear tomorrow! Oh, but what should the color be? Purple would be rather redundant...Orange is just positively garish! What about green? Hm, no..." The fashionista was already lost in her own sea of thought.

Lust simply snapped her out of it with a suggestion "Do you perhaps have anything in black? That would be most suitable to my needs..." The lascivious mare was happy to be offered free clothes. She already began to feel naked in this world and did not want to pass up a generous offer despite how clingy Rarity can be.

Rarity looked up "Black?" She did a double take before she smiled "That's it! Black is a rather slimming color and it would compliment that glamorous mane of yours! You have a good eye for detail, Lust!"

Twilight chuckled "It's good to know you two see eye-to-eye in fashion." She looked over at Gluttony uneasily "Erm, Lust, do you think that Gluttony could perhaps show more self control? He looks ready to eat the table as well..."

Lust turned to see Gluttony and sighed "He does when around me. Thank you for reminding me, Twilight Sparkle. I'll be right back." She trotted away towards Gluttony and Rarity followed after her.

Twilight sighed at how enthralled Rarity seemed to act when around Lust. She then turned to see Greed and Envy arguing and held a hoof to her chin 'Just what are those two talking about?' The lavender bookworm was more than curious with how Greed and Envy are not only new faces in Ponyville, but her and her friends' students as well 'Well, eavesdropping may be wrong, but I don't think it would hurt to know what they're up to...' She inched a little closer until she was in hearing range for what they had to say.

Envy tried hitting Greed where it hurts "Why the hell not? Clearly she'll believe whatever that Celestia has to say and not question her authority! She's her personal student, for God's sake!"

Greed gritted his teeth "I'm aware of that! But that's not what I want! I just wanna talk to her on a regular level and nothing else! I don't want her to think I'm flirting with her when what I really want is to know more magic!"

Envy scoffed "You're worrying too much, Greed! Just go over there and talk to her and everything will get better for you!"

Greed growled "That's like telling you to make friends with Pinkie!"

Envy snapped indignantly "Like hell I will!!"

Twilight shook her head and took in the conversation with her own belief as she smiled to herself 'That Greed sure is shy...Maybe I should make him feel more comfortable around me since we're gonna be living together and all...'

Greed groaned "Well, I'll probably think of something once this party blows over, but until then..." He began lightly pushing Envy back towards Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy.

Envy shoved Greed away "Hey, what's the big idea?"

Greed smirked "The deal was I have them back to you after a minute of talking! So let's get you back to your new friends over there!" He pushed at Envy again.

Envy shoved Greed away harder "Screw that! You can keep your word, but I can do whatever I damn well please!" It then unfurled its wings and made for the air. Before it could continued, it was wrapped in a purple magic aura "Hey! What the hell!?"

Greed was startled at this sudden happening and turned to see Twilight looking up at Envy sternly with her horn glowing 'There she goes again with that horn...I can't wait to learn that skill...'

Twilight saw Envy struggle in her magic grip and then turned to Greed with a friendly smile "Hey, Greed. Need any help?"

Greed was confused at first, wondering if she were still on about her thoughts regarding Celestia's warning, but then smirked "Yeah, thanks. You know how difficult Envy can be sometimes..."

Envy lashed out at Greed while it struggled "Fuck you, Greed!"

The two unicorns then walked back to Rainbow Dash and the others with Envy in tow, the jealous pony growling and struggling. When they reached the others, Twilight released her magical grip on Envy and it fell on the ground. Envy then got up and glared at Twilight "Bitch..."

Twilight gave a stern look "Why must you act so rashly, Envy? What do you have against us?"

Envy looked away with a mixture of anger and boredom "Nothing against you at all, I just don't like you..."

Twilight huffed and went to reply, but was met with Greed halting her with a hoof "You're only giving that pony more of your time. Don't waste it..." He ignored the glare he received from Envy. The avaricious pony then smiled "Now that we're actually talking, could you maybe tell me more about Princess Celestia? I don't know about her as much as I should, really..."

Twilight smiled "Of course! It's good to know you want to learn more, Greed. I'll gladly share some of my knowledge on Celestia with you!"

Greed smiled 'Now we're getting somewhere!' "Thanks, Twi. Where do you wanna go?"

Twilight looked at the punch table "Well, I feel a bit parched. Why don't we talk over some punch?" Greed shrugged his forelegs and the two walked side-by-side away from the group.

Rainbow Dash watched in intrigue "Huh...Who knew Greed could be into eggheads like Twilight?"

Applejack smiled "It's actually pretty nice t' see 'er with somepony else fer a change!"

Envy rolled its eyes "Oh please! She only thinks that Greed's after her because your princess just mentioned it in her letter!"

Rainbow Dash turned to Envy with a glare "What the hay do you know?"

Envy glared back "Ways to make sorry pricks like you suffer greatly!"

Fluttershy stepped in before the two pegasi could get into another fight "Um...Why don't we grab something to eat? We haven't really touched anything yet!"

Rainbow Dash turned to see some cupcakes left "In that case we better hurry before Pinkie and Gluttony call dibs on the leftovers!"

Applejack looked at the voracious pony next to Lust and Pinkie "Knowin' Gluttony, we'd have to be at the food table in record time..."

Rainbow Dash stood with a cocky expression on her face "Looks like it's up to me!" She then quickly zipped over and grabbed what was left of the food table before the group next to it noticed. She then brought it back and gave Applejack and Fluttershy cupcakes. When Envy expected some, the cyan pegasus glared "Whoops! Guess there wasn't much there after all! Sorry, Envy!" She gave the jealous pony a taunting smile.

Envy growled at Rainbow Dash, but ceased when she felt a tapping on her shoulder. It turned to see Fluttershy offering a cupcake with a smile. The jealous pony paused for a moment before sneering and reluctantly taking the offered cupcake. It growled and looked away while the ponies around it enjoyed their food.

Applejack watched Envy and chuckled 'Thatta girl, Fluttershy...Maybe y'all have what it takes t' change th' way Envy thinks after all...'

End of Chapter 19