• Published 18th May 2012
  • 13,523 Views, 801 Comments

From The Gates - Dirty Bit



6 old creatures, 1 new life for each of them. Will they manage?

  • ...
26
 801
 13,523

Chapter 42

Chapter 42

A Father's loving children

The element bearers and former homunculi were lucky enough to make it to the main gates of Canterlot in a small amount of time. When they went through it, the group looked around to see that all of the streets were deserted. Greed trotted forward to get a better look "Well I'll be damned. Looks like he hasn't caused any problems outside of the castle yet...Well, unless he turned everypony here into Philosopher's stones." The element bearers fell ill after Greed's last statement.

Gluttony sniffed at the air and shook his head "They're all alive! They're in their homes like the first time we came into Canterlot!" At that, the element bearers gave a relieved sigh. The voracious pony then perked up and sniffed at the air "Somepony's coming!" Gluttony noticed a growing shadow around a building corner.

Greed scoffed and assumed a defensive position with the rest of the group. What they didn't expect was the faint sound of sobbing. Greed's position dropped and he looked disappointed to see a crying Blueblood trot towards them, unaware of their presence "Oh, woe is me!! I've doomed Equestria and placed it in the hooves of a powerful lunatic!!"

Rarity and Envy perked up and glared "Him again!?" The two then stopped and looked at each other in confusion.

The fashionista raised an eyebrow "You had a run-in with this cretin!?"

Envy sneered "This bastard had the balls to think of me and the others as freaking circus ponies!!"

Greed rolled his eyes and called out to Blueblood "Hey! Prince!"

Blueblood ceased his crying and noticed the element bearers and the former homunculi. For a moment he gasped with joy "Oh, thank heavens! Not all hope is lost!!" He galloped over and stopped in front of the crew, but not before he noticed Rarity stand in front of him with a look of hate on her face "M-Miss Rarity!"

Rarity trotted forward while she kept her hate-filled gaze on Blueblood "Just what exactly did you mean when you said YOU'VE doomed Equestria, Blueblood?" She spat with venom in her voice.

Blueblood trotted backwards "I-I-It wasn't entirely my fault, I swear! Aunt Celestia and the others are in dire need of assistance!! Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza wished to warn you both before things got worse! That strange alicorn who claimed to be Lust's father threatened to kill me for their location!" He gave a relieved sigh "It's good to know they sent their message..."

Twilight looked down in sadness and Greed saw with a sympathetic grunt. He then turned to Blueblood with a light glare "You fucking pansy..." He muttered "Actually, some bitch named Chrysalis came by and told us herself! We didn't get anything from Twilight's older brother or his wife!"

Blueblood gasped "So that means this won't end well for us! What do we do now!?" He looked at the group with genuine worry.

Envy glared "What do you mean we, you pompous dick? You've done enough here!!"

Greed scoffed and trotted up to Blueblood "Listen up, pansy! If you're actually serious about helping us, you better bring it all to the field!"

Blueblood winced "But do I really have to fight like this??"

Greed grinned "You brought this among yourself! If you wanna help, you're coming with us! If not, the exit's right there!" He pointed behind himself towards the main city gate "Your choice, pansy!!"

Blueblood looked hurt "I'm most certainly NOT a pansy! I am a-"

Greed waved a hoof "Yeah, yeah, yeah! You're a prince! Well you're not gonna be one no longer if dad manages to get what he wants! We're going after him with or without you, so make your decision quick!" He trotted past him with a determined look on his face "See you around, pansy! C'mon, everypony! Let's go!" He called out to the group as they followed after the avaricious pony and left a conflicted Blueblood behind.
_____

Chrysalis looked out the window and huffed to herself as she peered over the horizon to see a dark spot in the air slowly growing 'I forget just how lazy my changelings can be when it comes to flight...' She then smiled to herself 'But at least they can feast well once they arrive...' The changeling queen then turned to see Celestia under Father's paralysis spell and laughed at her as she trotted near "Isn't this wonderful, Celestia? I get to see you crumble and burn and I barely had to lift a single hoof!! If only Father would let me have my way with you before you're gone forever!"

Celestia struggled before she glared up at Chrysalis "You're wrong to be aiding him, Chrysalis. Once he gets what he wants, he'll only cast you aside! Too much power can corrupt even the strongest minds!!"

Chrysalis gave an amused laugh and rolled her eyes "Oh please, princess! If anything, Father owes me for all the help I have given him in the past! I'm just glad he was able to get me this far!" She looked down with a wicked smile "And to think, all he wanted was you, his children, and nopony else..."

Ceelstia grunted while she was being held by the paralysis spell and heard Chrysalis' every word. But then an idea sprang into her head as she shakingly managed a smile "Are you jealous?"

Chrysalis raised an eyebrow "Jealous? Jealous of what?"

Celestia chuckled "He came to you for help, but aside from his children all he wanted was me and not you...I deduced you two would make a fine pair, but I noticed he snubbed you when you tried to sway him..."

Chrysalis snarled "Watch your tongue, Celestia!! Are you honestly implying that I would fawn for him!?"

Celestia chuckled again "Well, yes and no. You said he was after me and nopony else...Where does that leave you, I wonder?"

Chrysalis growled as her horn began to glow "Stop your incessant wordplay at once, you deluded wench!! Why would I be jealous of you when you're in that condition and about to be gone!?"

Celestia weakly rolled her eyes "I wouldn't technically be gone if I was to become one with him...and he would hate it if you tried placing me in more harm than I am in now. For all we both know, he would probably cast you aside once he gets what he wants...and I would remain with him for all eternity..." Chrysalis grew more infuriated with Celestia's words and she managed one more chuckle while the changeling queen's jagged horn grew brighter "You mad?" Chrysalis roared and went to zap Celestia with a beam.

"Chrysalis!!!"

The changeling queen stopped her action when she heard Father's voice, and looked back to see him with an irate expression. Chrysalis stammered before she growled again "This one is running at the mouth while we're wasting time waiting for your precious children!! Why must you let her live long enough to act like a defiant ignoramus before you see your goal through!?"

Father scoffed "Leave her alone! Do what you want with the others, but God..." he narrowed his eyes to slits "Is mine..." He uttered in his grave tone.

Chrysalis glared back at Father for a moment before her jagged horn ceased to glow. She shot a look of pure hatred towards Celestia and the other contained ponies before she trotted to the window to pout at her denied privilege of harming Celestia for her insolence. She looked down and perked up to see a group of ponies trot in the road "Father! They're here!! Your children have arrived!!"

Father turned to Chrysalis and raised an eyebrow "Oh?"
_____

When the group went through the castle's main gates, they stopped in the middle of the courtyard to look up at the towers. Greed looked around with a smirk 'Heh, the place hasn't changed a bit...' He looked up at the towers and grinned "Alright! Let's go pay dear old dad a visit!" He went to gallop into the castle before he was held by a magical aura.

Twilight looked at Greed while her horn glowed "We can't just rush into battle like that! We need the elements before we can do anything else!"

Greed looked back with an annoyed sneer "I figured you'd have them on you! Where are they?"

Rarity turned to a distant building with large gates "We need to get to that building over there!" She pointed "But we need to hurry if we'll have to put an end to all of this!"

Greed stared at the building before he nodded to himself and looked at Twilight "You and your friends get to the elements, Twi..."

Twilight turned to Greed "But what about you?"

Greed smiled "You forget my dad's expecting me and my siblings? He's probably not gonna expect your elements! You just get them and meet us at the throne room, okay? We'll be waiting for you!"

Fluttershy looked concerned "But it could be very dangerous..."

Greed groaned "That's the whole point! Just get the elements so we can do this thing!" He smiled reassuringly at the element bearers "Don't worry about us, alright? I've been through this kind of thing before!! And my family's tough! You've seen Sloth, right?"

Applejack sighed "Ah suppose yer right...In that case, y'all be careful inside th' castle, ya hear? Don't go out on us like this!!"

Greed smirked at Applejack "Done!"

Twilight trotted up to Greed and looked at him with more concern than Fluttershy "Are you sure about this, Greed? This is Chrysalis and your father!"

Greed sighed and looked at Twilight as he activated his horn. Twilight was then wrapped in a silver aura of magic and pulled towards Greed, where he embraced the lavender bookworm into a hug. Twilight blushed furiously while she was hugged, and Greed only smiled "Stop worrying about me, you nerd...I'll be fine." Despite the minor insult, there was a warmness to Greed's tone. He then broke the embrace and smiled at Twilight while she stared back "Now get going! We're burning daylight, and your princess isn't gonna save herself so easily!"

Twilight stared back long enough before she snapped out of her trance and nodded back to Greed with a determined smile "Okay. Good luck, Greed!"

Greed nodded back and turned to his siblings "Let's go. We don't wanna keep him waiting no longer..."

The other former homunculi held neutral stares as they nodded in reply and followed Greed while the element bearers made for the element chamber.
_____

Greed led his siblings through the castle's vestibule and trotted up the stairs with a cold feeling in his spine "This whole place is dead as a doornail..." He peered around when he noticed that there wasn't a soul to be found so far.

Envy narrowed its eyes "Knowing Father, he already cleared the place! Let's just meet up with him and get this over with!"

Lust nodded "Yes...But tell me, Greed. Do you honestly think it would be wise to confront Father knowing he is about to obtain the hightest level of power?"

Greed stopped and looked back at Lust with a sneer "You sound like you wanna come crawling back to him once we see his ugly face! Don't tell me you're gonna bail on us, Lust!!" Lust flinched against Greed for the first time and looked away in silence. The avaricious pony narrowed his eyes at Lust while she averted her gaze "Before you do anything stupid, let me tell you one thing, Lust...We may be monsters, but those ponies still welcomed us with open arms! I wouldn't let them die out just for the sake of power..." He then turned back to look ahead as he continued his march.

Envy looked down and thought to itself in silence, and then noticed Greed leaving as it caught up to follow "Hey, wait up!"

Gluttony stayed behind with Lust and looked up at her "Lusty? Is Father doing the right thing up there? He is, right? Right?" He smiled innocently and waited for an answer.

Lust grunted "I..." She choked and looked down as she remembered all of the memories she held with her time at Ponyville "I don't know..."

End of Chapter 42