• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 2,563 Views, 57 Comments

The Empress of Flame - Pathious



when Sunset was celestia's student. she was a magical prodigy much like twilight sparkle, after her defeat she returns to equestria to become the student of Twilight Sparkle, Only to find the darkness still inside her.

  • ...
17
 57
 2,563

Alternate Ending

Author's Note:

This alternate ending was for the amount of love I feel for the people who have supported me for this and the series that followed. I know it still ended kinda sadly but I hope it was a good alternate

Twilight couldn't just lay there not with that thing coming after her. She scampered to her hooves and began to run. Empress poked her head out of the portal. She began to run after Twilight only to be intercepted by Celestia. Celestia tackled Empress to the ground. Twilight heard this and looked back.

"Celestia. Noooooo~!" Twilight turned to go help Celestia.

"Run Twilight, Go NOW~!" Celestia's Horn began to glow in a bright and vibrant golden color.

"Celestia, No she will kill you, Come run with me!" Twilight hollered.

"Then at least I'd be dying for a good cause, NOW RUN~!" Celestia yelled as she shot a beam of energy at Empress. Empress responded with firing a Black magic beam at hers. Their magic beams locked up.

"Step aside, Twilight has interfered with my plans one too many times already.... SHE NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH~!" Empress growled as her horn began to spark. She was putting fourth so much energy. Celestia was not a weak being. She knew how to fight when she needed to.

"Your plan ends with me." Celestia flapped her wings and she flew up. She continued to keep her magical beam locked up with Empresses magic.

"We will have to see about that!" Empresses hooves began to glow in a cyan glow. She lifted her front hooves and she used magic through them to grab the flying princess. "Come down birdy!" Empress thrust her hooves down. The magic forced Celestia to slam into the ground. Celestia growled as she was plowed into the ground. She slowly stood up again.

"Sunset Shimmer I know your in there, Please my faithful student, please wake up. FFIGHT" Celestia shot a golden ball of energy at Empress. She only opened her mouth to swallow it. Empress smiled at Celestia and her faith in Sunset.

"Sunset is gone, She will never return!" Empresses wings spread as far as they could go.

"No your wrong, I know Sunset. When she loved something she would fight for it. TWILIGHT NEEDS HER, MORE THAN YOU!" Celestia said as her horn stopped glowing. "I will subdue for her return, I will not harm you and in turn hurt Sunset."

"Your foolish, Sunset has nothing to fight for, Twilight abandoned her when she needed her the most~!" Empress disappeared only to reappear beside Celestia. "Your crown is mine!"

"You don't understand. That portal is going to overload and kill us all anyways!" Celestiia yelled. "your magic essence has brought it to a breaking point."

"enough with your scare tactics Celestia." Empress went to bite Celestia on the neck when Luna flew in.

"Get your ugly face away from my sister!" Luna shot a blue beam of energy at Empress. The magical beam hit Empress smack dab in her side. She flew back into a wall. "We need twilight, Me and you cannot defeat her alone." Luna yelled as she shot a solid beam of energy at Empress, who responded by locking her magic up with Luna's. Celestia quickly combined her magic with Luna's by touching her horn to hers. Celestia shot a beam at Empress now as well. It was a three way lock up that was going nowhere. A magical stalemate.

"Your sister was right, You two cannot defeat me. Your only hope is gone~!" Empress began to raise two hooves, she was attemoting to do a sneak attack.

"You wrong, I'm right here!" Twilight landed between Luna and Celestia. Twilight quickly touched her horn to the other two alicorns horns. Twilight shot a beam from her horn and locked up with Empress in order to help defeat Empress. Twilights magic was enough to win the lock up. The force hit Empress and sent her back through the portal. As She went flying back it was noticeable that she was turning back to Sunset Shimmer.

"Sunset?" Celestia had noticed this. "Twilight go after her!" Celestia said as she collapsed to her knees.

"Are you going to be ok!?" Twilight yelled. Concern in her voice showed that she was unsure about leaving.

"Go,GO NOW!" Celestia groaned. Twilight slowly looked at the portal only to slowly walk in. She entered the portal, The other side showed the world here was still scorched and burnt. Twilight looked over to see Sunset was not far. She was in the feedle position up against the statue.

"Sunset Shimmer, Your b-back." Twilight quickly went up to her. The remaining part of empress were empresses eyes and wings. Sunset was half Empress half herself. She had no clothes on so she was shivering. Despite the world around them being incredibly hot.

"W-hat d-did I do?" Sunset uttered as she began to cry. Why did I let this happen. Sunset looked at Twilight and then to the sparking portal. "What's wrong with that thing?"

"Sunset, The portal is going to overload and explode, according to Celestia. There is nothing that can consume that amount of dark energy that will be released." Twilight sighs, as sunset looks at it.


"Twilight I feel as if I owe equestrian. I feel as if I should take care of this situation." Sunset tried to stand up but she was very weak. Blood was covering her scrapped knees as she laid by the overloading portal.

"Sunset you don't owe Anypony anything. you've shown us all how you feel." Twilight sparkle grabbed hold of the naked Sunset in an embracing hug. "I caused you to go into this blind rage. I'm the reason Empress was able to take over your mind." Twilight rubbed Sunset Shimmers back in a loving manor. Twilight kept her mulberry eyes locked on the overloading portal that was behind Sunset.

"Twilight you know very well that she's a part of me. No matter what she always will be." Sunset let out a very long sigh "I nearly destroyed both of these worlds. I nearly killed everyone that ever tried to help the lost mind of mine." Sunset hugged Twilight back as tears began to stream down her cheeks. "I don't know how your forgiving me." Sunsets still dark and Empress like eyes looked towards the ground.

"Sunset I forgive you........because I love you." Twilight slowly moved Sunsets face to face her as she slowly pressed her lips upon Sunsets. As their lips touched the portal behind them began to erupt. They felt like it was all in slow motion as they were engulfed by a bright light of dark matter and energy. Sunsets lips were glowing in a gold essence as was twilight. The explosion was avoiding them creating a heart shape around them. Even in these last moments at least they both finally got to know ones love. Ashes to ashes.....Dust to dust......Love may bloom in the darkest of times. For love will save you in the afterlife and beyond. with the death of both Twilight and Sunset there came a savior. as Celestia said there was no one being that could consume that much dark energy. She never said anything.......about two.

Comments ( 12 )

Alternate ending is up and ready to enjoy

That was a good ending. Keep up the good work.

6672641 I guess we can be thankful the story didn't actually end this way cannonly

6672656 Indeed. But at least it's still good.

This sounds like a good sequel hook.

6672742 good for you two know there are two sequels after this :D

Are you going to make a sequel version of this alternate ending?

6673057 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good question. how could I do that after killing them both off. I may or may not :D we all know I never give a definite answer

6876186 did the chapter confuse or intrigue you ?

8590634
my spelling and grammar were and still aren't the best. thanks for the comment

8590758
yeah the story is meant to be depressing i badly want to reboot it but probably will not

Login or register to comment