• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 2,562 Views, 57 Comments

The Empress of Flame - Pathious



when Sunset was celestia's student. she was a magical prodigy much like twilight sparkle, after her defeat she returns to equestria to become the student of Twilight Sparkle, Only to find the darkness still inside her.

  • ...
17
 57
 2,562

Empress

It had been a month after Luna's accident in the dream world. Luna and every other princess was now aware of the danger inside Sunset. Twilight was on her way to go ask something of Sunset. She arrived at Sunset room, she took her purple hoof and knocked softly. Sunset opened it casually as she had become used to living back in Equestria again. Despite still being haunted by the same dream every night.

"Twilight it's a delight to see you." Sunset gave a soft smile as she started to hide the blush she was having.

"Sunset my student I came to invite you to a picnic with me and my friends." Twilight smiled a glimmer in her eye.

"I would love that, thank you very much." Sunsets horn glows in an opal essence and she levitated something into her saddlebag behind her. She was hiding something. Yet twilight shrugged it off not worrying about it.

"I hope your ready to go Sunset because I am. not to mention the picnic starts in fifteen minutes." Twilight said casually.

"Of course I'm ready." Sunset had yet to actually meet Twilight friends in this world. She had been at the crystal empire tis whole time. Now she was off with Twi to the Canterlot gardens. "Just let me get my saddlebag." Sunny smiled brightly as she quickly uses her magic to grab the bag. It didn't take long for the two mare to make it to the cold train station. Sunset thought today was the day that she was going to be able to tell Twilight her feelings for her. But could she? What if Twilight felt revolted towards Sunset after she told her. Soon they were on the most nerve racking train ride ever. Sunset was getting clearly nervous and scared. This fright only building up inside of her. Sunset had not felt this gut ache of nervousness since she was in the human world. The words of the demon kept ringing in her head

"If only she could love you" Empress had said to sunset. Those words were what made Sunset only want to try harder. She wanted to prove that thing wrong. Eventually Canterlot came visible in the distance. Sunsets heart skipped a beat as memories of her studies at that place began to fill her mind. It had been so long since se had seen this place, so long since she would have been near it. Sunset remembered how she had ran away from here one fateful night. The train came to a very loud stop, this waking Sunset from her daze.

"We are here Sunny." Twilight said as she quickly got out of the spot next to Sunset. Sunset slowly stood up, her knees very shaky.

"We got here faster than I thought we would." Sunset gulped nervously. What would Twi's Friends think of her.

"Yeah aren't you just so excited?" Twilight questioned excitedly.

"Excited is one word you cold use." Sunset gulped again as they got off the train. Thankfully the train stopped right by the castle. Though this scared Sunset as she looked at the towering walls she had not seen in ages. That's when she was met with the violet eyes of a blue pagasi.

"Hi nice to finally meet you." Rainbow said as she got in Sunset face. "Thought you should meet Twi's awesomest friend first.". Sunset took a deep breath and then looked at the pagasi.

"N-nice to meet you as well." Sunset stuttered slightly. That's when miss Pinkie Pie hopped into the conversation.

"PLEASE NOPONY TELL ME I'M LATE~!" pinkie said as she started panting from all the hopping.

"No Pinkie your right on time." Twilight said real fast and calmly.

"Hey where is flashy?" Pinkie quickly and loudly says.

"wait who's flashy?" Sunset said in confusion "I don't believe Twi has ever mentioned a Flashy to me?" Sunset was very confused.

"OH FLASHY IS TWI'S COLTFRIEND FLASH....SENTRY" Pinkie said as Twilight tried to cut off pinkies words. Those words hit Sunset harder than she's been hit before.

"W-wait you h-have a coltfriend?" Sunset choked out these words. Sunset felt a pain shoot up her spine and into her head.

"Pinkie why did you have to blurt that out?" Twilight said angrily. "Sunset I was going to tell you I promise!" Twilight said scared on how Sunset was going to react

"No you weren't, I SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN MY ROOM~!" sunset yelled as she ran into the castle fear and anger filling her mind. She ran into the castle her eyes full of tears. Right when she was going to tell Twilight how she felt she finds out this. She felt her anger starting to take hold of her much like it had when she put on the element of harmony so many moons ago. Sunset ran and ran, She quickly ducked into a random room. She opened her tear filled eyes as she was quickly pinned to the wall by the embodiment of her anger. Empress the demon had her pinned to the wall.

"It's time to let me out." Empress opened her mouth and she disappeared. Sunset collapsed to the ground. Her eyes now closed. She laid motionless for quite some time. She slowly opened her eyes. The whites of her eyes slowly turned black. it appeared and if a black liquid was going over the whites. Her eyes now looked like nothing but cyan halos.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Twilight paced back and fourth.

"should we go in after her?" Twilight groans "What if she gets herself hurt?" Twilight was getting worried

"Why did she react like that, she didn't even get the chance to meet us all?" Rainbow crosses her hooves.

"I'm not entirely sure about that myself~!" Twilight says as she began to be more and more anxious.

"Does anypony else smell smoke~?" Fluttershy says quietly. Her friends quickly smell the air as the smell of smoke filled their lunges. They cough as they look towards the door. That's when Discord appears.

"Does anypony smell smoke." he says as he looks around. "I think it's coming from inside the castle" he slightly smiles unfazed.

"Discord why don't you just nap it away?" Twilight said as she rushed into the castle.

"Don't you think i tried that?" He snaps and nothing happens to the flame inside or smoke. "For some reason i cant get it to budge, maybe it has something to do with the magical imbalance i just felt?" He rubbed his beard slightly. Twilight ran into the burning room. She looked around frantically. She looked to her right and came face to face with sunset who's eyes were still changed. Her ears were changing shape while Twilight looked at sunset. who had smoke coming out of her nose. Sunset was much taller than before. She was half Empress and half herself. A shade of red became the color of her fur.

"Sunset what's happening to you?" Twilight yelled.

"I'm becoming the monster you made me." she began to cry as she started to float up slowly. Giant red and black demon wings formed painfully on sunsets back as she floated up her tears evaporating as she started turning completely to empress. a ball of fire appeared around sunset and she shot through the roof of the building. Rubble fell down towards the unsuspecting Twilight. Discord quickly appeared his hangs glowing gold. he released a force field to protect them from the falling debris. He grabbed twilight and his wings spread, he started to glow as he teleported them out of that collapsing room. At least the rest of the castle was ok. That was when Luna and Celestia flew down to the mane six and Discord.

"What happened here?" Celestia said as luna was nearly collapsing to her knees as she looked at this mess.

"It was Sunset, Sunset shimmer. But it didn't look like her anymore." Twilights ears perk up. "No she was upset, she always goes to her room when she was upset. her room is at the crystal empire. We cant have her do this there not while Cadence is.......... pregnant."

Author's Note:

this is the chapter where we get to the main character empress aka demon shimmer.