• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 2,562 Views, 57 Comments

The Empress of Flame - Pathious



when Sunset was celestia's student. she was a magical prodigy much like twilight sparkle, after her defeat she returns to equestria to become the student of Twilight Sparkle, Only to find the darkness still inside her.

  • ...
17
 57
 2,562

A Not So Clean Slate

The world was burning. Sunset watched in agony as she saw everything slowly being turned to dust. She was helpless and weak.

"Help, someone help us~!" Sunset could hear people screaming. The horror was just to much for her. She turned around to run only to run into the red legs of a demon. She looked up at it only t be grabbed by the face by its red hand.

Sunset quickly sat up in bed, It had been almost two years after the Fall Formal. Yet Sunset continued to have the same relentless dream. Sweat dripped down her face as she felt she was on fire. She wished so badly to have one night without being burned up. Her cyan eyes glanced around the room a if to assure her surroundings were safe. Her soft and light Amber skin gleamed as she was drenched with her own sweat. She lifted her hands to her face to wipe the sweat out of her own eyes. She was breathing rather shallowly her hands and body trembling as she could still feel the hand upon her face. Sunset slowly lifted herself out of the bed. Her knees shaking as she slowly stood up. She had no choice but to brace her knees with her hands.


"Ahhhhh~ my knees." Sunset groaned as she was finally fully stood up. she slowly brought one of he hands to the base of her own spine, she slowly bent backwards a little so she could crack her back. She looked t the clock and saw that it was about an hour till school would start. As much as she hated going there, she felt she had no choice. Twilight had told her she could seek out friendship or to forever be alone. Sunset sure didn't want to be alone forever. She quickly rushed for the stairs and slid down the railing and onto the lower floor. Her hand reached out and grabbed the jacket she had hug up onto the coat stand by the door. She slipped her arms through the sleeves. She let out a soft sigh to prepare herself for the same thing different day routine. She reached out to grab her backpack. Her right hand grabbed the bag and grasped it. She pulled it up onto her back. She wasn't ready for another day of unforgiving faces. With the anniversary of her accident only 10 hours away she could exactly put a smile on her own face. She shakily brought her hand to the door handle to exit the small house she had been living in. She turned the door handle. The light from the sun reflected off her hair that was ladened with Brilliant yellow And vivid crimson stripes. A sharp pain resonated in her eyes as the suns light entered her eyes. She hated exiting her house.


"Don't worry Sunset, maybe today will be the day they decide to give you a chance." sunset said to herself as if she was trying to reassure herself today would be different. "Maybe they will forgive, Two years should have been enough time." she rubbed the straps of her backpack as she walked. She was so nervous she could hardly take it. Just when she began to think things couldn't possibly get worse she ran right into her ex boyfriend Flash Sentry.

"Hey watch where you.....r g-going." Sunset said as she quickly realized who she had ran into.

"No it's perfectly fine." Thankfully Flash was a well mannered guy, who really didn't want to be mean to Sunset. That didn't stop Sunset from fearing he would come down on her in a cruel way.

"I-I didn't mean to. it was an accident. I w-was only headed for school." Sunset forced a smile upon her face as if to deceive Flash into thinking she was happy.

"Don't worry about it, I know you didn't mean to." Flash smiled back at her as he quickly rubbed the back of his head. "I suppose you wouldn't mind if I shoved along now would you?"

"Nonoononon I don't mind, I don't mind at all." she was twirling some of her hair around one of her pointer fingers. She was so nervous around people. Infact Sunset just so badly wanted to go home. Not the place she had been staying in for the past two years, but back in Equestria. That's when the thought hit her, She had been stuck in this terrible world for two years, long enough that the portal had to be open again. She quickly rushed forward shoving Flash sentry to the side. She had not felt her heartbeat so excitedly about anything in so long. Though fear had also started to overwhelm her. It didn't take her long till she could see the school in the distance. All the students were just staring to arrive. Sunset was panting frantically as she looked around for the tall tale statue. That's when she saw it out of the corner of her eye. She wasn't staying her any longer, she wasn't going to spend one more day in this place. Not one more day was she going to suffer being excluded from socialization. Sunset quickly jumped at the statue sunsets eyes closing after she saw that her reflection was looking like a pony in it. She hit it and time felt like it began to slow down. Sunsets closed eyes slowly opened The surrounding area was a swirling mass of colors that was sucking her to the other side. Sunset could feel her body changing, but something wasn't right. Just as she began to exit the portal the mass of colors around her turned to black and cyan much like the element had glowed when she was turned into that demon. Her vision quickly faded only to return slowly. Her own Amber hooves crossed in front of her as she lay on the ground. Sunset felt as if she was in a dream. Her eyes lit up as she saw her hands were gone and her hooves were back.


"YES YES yes~!" she said rather loudly and excitedly. "Awwww sweet Celestia I'm home.. I'm HOME"

Author's Note:

when I write in this we are in a dream sequence this gets to the pony world really quickly