• Published 14th May 2012
  • 3,037 Views, 59 Comments

The Earth's Uprising. - Cobalt Shine



Earth ponies have been criticized long enough time for a change.

  • ...
13
 59
 3,037

Chapter Three: The last straw

Nine months had passed since the incident with Octavia and Colgate. Racism had become a common thing and the earth ponies had become the lower class; frowned upon by the Unicorns and pegasi.

Big Mac stood outside with Octavia, looking far into the crimson red sunset that was falling over the green meadow of the Canterlot royal palace, leaving the blue walls of the castle a ginger orange. The beautiful sunset seemed out of place with recent events. Nowhere in Equestria had escaped the new found hatred, yet sometimes, something simple and beautiful would make its way through.

The long silence between the two seemed to last for an eternity before Big Mac broke it..
"Eeyup" He said looking over into the graceful sunset.
Octavia looked at him. She knew that he was just trying to break the silence so that they could finally talk. Looking at him with droopy eyes and a forced smile, she waited for him to notice. Instead, Big Mac looked down at the filthy ground of the barn; it hadn't been cleaned in over 6 months.

"You know if Appleja-"Said Big Macintosh before being cut off by the grey mare

"Yes, I know...” She paused for a moment.

“Why has all of this happened? What did we do to deserve this? This horrible world, the way it is, ...I wish.....I wish things were the way they used to be. Like in the stories, the way they used to tell us when we were younger, with the 3 kingdoms. The three races, pulling together and making harmony, uniting together and building a nation! But no longer. We've become savages, placing titles before ponies. There will always be a higher class, respected across the land. And there will always be a lower class, one that is frowned upon, spat on and kicked into the gutters. We're nothing but rats scurrying in search of our next meal..." Octavia began to cry.
Each tear trickling down her face, leaving damp streaks in their wake.
Big Mac just looked down and didn't say anything, he just nodded his head sadly agreeing with her.

"How many have been taken? How many of our friends and our family have we lost to them? How could we let this
happen...?” Forcing back her tears, Octavia continued.

“They have torn apart families and taken our friends and for what! For their own gain? Our own have turned into monsters. Ponies we trusted and cared for. We lost Applejack and Pinkie Pie, stolen from us! Forced into slavery by the unicorns and pegasi. We escaped.....but at what cost...?" Octavia fell over and burst into tears, sobbing deeply as she cried.

Big Mac tried to put his hoof over and stroke her but it was smacked away.

He then looked back towards Ponyville. It was exactly the same as it was nine months ago, yet so much had changed. Down there they were selling earth ponies off by the bit, keeping them caged in tiny little 3 by 3 boxes, held by magical locks.
"C'mon Octavia, we best be getting inside. They cant get us in the barn, its surrounded by Everfree tree's, It was... Applejack's idea... she planted them in hopes we wouldn't be found." Big Mac shed a tear thinking of Applejack.

Night took over the land quickly. In what seemed like an instant, the dusk blue night sky lit up. The bright the full white moon sent light all over the land, illuminating the world, allowing ponies to stroll under the night sky.

Down in Ponyville there was a meeting for the unicorn and pegasi. They held the meeting in Twilight's Library and put up a forcefield so no outsider could hear or see what they were screaming.
Fancy pants stood over the Unicorn and pegasi on a large wooden block. He looked down and frowned at the fellow unicorns his eyes narrowed and looked around the room, he stopped on one pony in particular. He stared at the unicorn and began to talk

"Who are you? You were never invited to this meeting; Nor have I ever seen you before. Identify yourself or I will be forced to remove you." He said strongly not moving a single muscle in his face. He was not happy; He couldn't risk a single earth pony being in there for it could ruin his plans.

"I am just a spectator just observing how one of these meetings go, Is that fine by you?" A drop of sweat dropped down from the white ponies head as she said this, her yellow mane fell down to her hooves and dragged along the floor, she swayed it side to side trying to get the one bead of sweat hoping no one was notice that she was stressed.

"Liar, you must be invited to one of these meetings. You can't just waltz in here, every unicorn and pegasus knows that! I can't continue this meeting knowing that you could be an earth pony." said Fancy pants he moved to his side and grinned. Then a faint blue Aura appeared around Fancy pants horn

"This is the last chance you are going to get, Identify yourself. Or else."Fancy Pants grimaced.
"I already told you! I'm just here to spectat-" Said the anonymous pony before her hair was covered in a blue aura. The Aura pulled backwards and ripped out hair, fake hair.

"This isn't real hair it's a disguise, what about that horn?" Fancy pants' horn lit up one more time trying to pull at her horn. Nothing happened.

"WHAT ARE YOU TRING TO DO?!, RIP MY HORN OF!" Yelled out the anonymous pony in a scratchy voice.

"Vinyl scratch?" Said a pegasus from the crowd.

"No it cant be she's blonde!" Said another.

She started hyperventilating, realizing that she had been discovered,beads of sweat started forming on her forehead, dripping down her face and on to her mane, the fake colours started to fall out revealing a blue colour mane underneath.
"TRAITOR! INFERIOR SPY! GET HER!" Screeched Fancy pants

Vinyl wasn't slow to begin running, she ran up the stairs at full pace with an army of pegasi and Unicorns chasing her. She smashed through Twilights bedroom door and kept running, heading towards the gigantic window looming over Twilights bed and jumped through it, knocking the telescope and cutting open her leg. She hit the ground with a snap, 2 of her ribs had fractured from the gigantic fall. Ignoring the pain she ran towards the Everfree forest at full pace.
Fancy Pants stopped following her, he stopped in Twilights room and spoke,

"No one follow her just watch to see where she goes."

Fancy Pants slowly trotted up the stairs leading to Twilights bed, avoiding the shattered glass of the newly broken window. He could feel the cool night air pass through his mane, it was refreshing and not something he wasn't used to. He looked to his side to see blood on the telescope. Curious, he looked into it and watched vinyl run into the forest.

======(Page Break here)=======

Vinyl arrived at sweet apple acres which was now covered in dense forest, the pain of her ribs and leg were now beginning to sink in and hurt. She began to cry in pain while screaming out for Big Mac and Octavia, the tears rolled down her face and onto the ground and began to mix with the blood which was coming from her leg. She could no longer move.
Finally the trees began to move and open a pathway to the barn and Big Mac came galloping out to see Vinyl, battered and bruised; without talking he dragged her back to the barn, with the trees closing around him after. He got Vinyl inside and immediately attended to her wounds, she had a very deep cut in her leg and Big Mac began to wonder how she ran from Ponyville to Sweet apple acres, she explained the whole story to him leaving him baffled and sorry for her at smell was
"Well any ways you best be heading off to bed now we all need the rest" Said big macintosh putting on a genuine smile. Vinyl simply did what she was told and limped off to her newly made bed.

In the early hours of the morning, the morning dew was on the grass, leaving a smell of fresh air to float on through the barn. Octavia awoke from her sleep dazed, she needed to use the toilet;she groggily fell out of the bed and stared making her way outside. She walked out the front door and went by the tree. The day started rapidly getting brighter, and the fresh dew smell started to disappear and the smell of smoke began to take its place. Immediately she thought big Mac had started cooking already, she turned around and started making her way back to the barn, the blank dull expression on her face changed to a shock and horror. Her eyes sunk back and heart dropped. She tried to yell but was unable too instead a murmured squeal escaped her lungs, she then realized the trouble big Mac and Vinyl were in, and she screamed.
"FIRE, GET OUT THE BARN NOW!!,BIG Mac!!,VINYL GET OUT THE BARN!" She yelled as loudly as possible, she looked at the horrific sight of the barn burning down, to the corner of her eye she saw two Pegasi flying away at full speed, making their escape.

Big Mac and Vinyl burst out the door, Big Mac's coat was singled and he has partly black, all three of them just stared at the flaming building in horror.

"This is the last straw, I'm going to get those unicorns and pegasi if it's the last thing I do." Said Big Mac

That Vinyl is a spy :3, also thankyou Mcyav for editing again; About the long chapter update, sorry I had exams:fluttercry:

Comments ( 10 )

love the chapter hope you update again soon

Update! This is becoming interesting, I really want to see what Big Mac will do!

Also I wonder what Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Twilight are doing? I hope they are against the racism!

1528002

You have to consider at least that Twilight might be in on this considering the meeting is taking place in Twilight's house of all places. I don't like the idea that Twilight would be racist myself and it would make little sense considering if she WERE then how in the hay did the Elements of Harmony defeat Nightmare Moon? Still...

1533872

Twilight could be held captive somewhere, and perhaps the other 3 too. Considering the fact that they are the elements of harmony, I suppose they would normally be against this, but we never know if they were corrupted. Also there is the risk of Discord being free because of this racism, and the windigos could come too! Many things can happen in this fic, that's why I said it's becoming interesting! :pinkiehappy:

1534663

My Biggest problem with the being held captive thing is just what in the hay would make these people think it's OK to kidnap the Elements of Harmony for crying out loud! I mean One would THINK that if things were to the point that they thought they could get away with that then the escalation would HAVE to big enough for the princesses to notice. I mean Twilight is her personal protege so if she is faultless in this and is in fact kidnapped and missing I would like to think that unless the kidnapping and ensuing captivity were recent SOMEBODY of import would notice. Then again this isn't my story and truth to tell even I can think of a half dozen arguments against my own reasoning. All I can do now is wait and hope some answers will be forthcoming.

1537342 everything will be revealed eventually!, look at all the fuss i've created :pinkiecrazy:

1537342>>1538316

Yeah, if we begin now a debate about how this will go out and why that is happening, we'll end with some broken arms and legs! :pinkiecrazy:

1538316

Just means your doing right good sir/madam.

Twilight.......YOU TRAITOR! of course she is a traitor because why would she have that racist meeting at her house!:flutterrage: and applejack and pinkie are slaves? grr if you are trying to make me hate the unicorns and pegasi then you are doing a good job. please continue this so i can see them get their butts whooped by the earth pony rebellion.:scootangel:

Can't wait for more:ajsmug:

Login or register to comment