• Published 14th May 2012
  • 3,037 Views, 59 Comments

The Earth's Uprising. - Cobalt Shine



Earth ponies have been criticized long enough time for a change.

  • ...
13
 59
 3,037

Chapter Two: Pressure Building

{Six hours had passed since the Incident with Big Macintosh and Fancypants}

The night was slowly setting in, the crisp clean air slowly breezing through Ponyville. It was cold, but also clean and fresh. Octavia was setting up for her night performance in an outdoor restaurant just by the beach; the whole place was candle lit, the dim lighting that was good for a romantic meal, or just a beautiful night out. All the ponies were sitting in cabanas, enjoying their fresh gourmet meals.
Octavia took in the beautiful night and walked over to the stage, glancing over her large audience; The setting was just how she liked it, a small and elegant scene. She then adjusted her bow tie and pulled out a stool from underneath the stage, made of lovely mahogany, the same as her cello. It was matching and Octavia felt warm at heart. Still there was something wrong she could not quite put her finger on. She then pulled out a large instrument case, undid the clips and pulled the large mahogany cello out; She then went to grab her bow when a magical blue aura surrounded it. She reached for out to reach it, but it was moved just out of the way. Octavia was not pleased. She tried again, but it still kept moving. After a few attempts, the bow was hovering a few feet above her. Instinctively, she tried to jump, hoping to reach the bow, but the magical force lifted it higher. The crowd of ponies’ began to laugh. A demeaning laugher, mocking her incapability to reach her one prise possession. Giving up on her futile attempts, she glanced over to the crowd of ponies. That was when she realised. Upon seeing the crowd, a large number of unicorns and pegasi could be seen. But no earth ponies. With recent events around Equestria suggesting that racism was widespread, Octavia suddenly felt herself shiver in fear.
“Oh Octavia. What a waste of a talented pony such as yourself” Said an unidentified unicorn from the crowd. The silhouette began approaching the stage, passing through dim lights as it made its way forward.
“I don’t understand. What do you mean waste?” Said Octavia, obviously shocked at the comment. As she spoke, the unicorn emerged from the crowd; her mane and tail coloured blue and white, while her coat remained light blue coat adorned with an hour glass cutie mark.

“Your an earth pony, the weakest and most useless ponies in all of Equestria.” Said Colgate, still holding Octavia’s bow in the air. At least she knew who's aura it was.

“Oof that is the most horrible thing I’ve ever heard anypony say!” Octavia spat out in disgust.

“Let me prove it to you. Get your bow back Octavia. Go on. Get It!” She said with a vicious smirk on her face.

“I-I-I can’t get it...” The Grey musician replied stuttering

“Get it! Go on!” said Colgate, her rant continuing.

“N-no I can’t!“ Octavia said sadly, the tears welling up in her eyes.

“My point exactly. You are an inferior race. All of you are just slaves to the unicorn and pegasi. For we, are the superior!” Colgate testified.

“You horrible self centred monster! We are all equal! How dare you utter these horrible things it’s-it’s racist!” Said Octavia still shocked from the comments she had received.

“I’m not being racist, I’m just stating the obvious. The only thing you Earth ponies can do Is grow food. I bet if we Unicorn and Pegasi did this, we could farm to just as easily and more than likely better.” Stated the blue unicorn.

“How can you say something like this it’s absolutely horrible!” Octavia said trying to hold back the tears.

“Why don’t you just take your horrible Earth pony music and beat it, slag, your just dirtying the place up with your presence here.” Colgate finished her attack with a look of disappointment and shame on her face. The tears Octavia had tried to hold back broke free, running down her face, turning the her perfect night into a nightmares paradise.

“Yeah get out of here, you earth pony filth!” Called one Unicorn

“Yeah you suck, get out!” Another Unicorn joined in. Octavia felt herself break. Her confidence gone, and her feelings destroyed. She ran for exit, dropping her cello along the way. With a mighty crack, splintering into hundreds of pieces as it fell. Taking no time to check, Octavia threw herself through the doors and out, into Ponyville.

In the early hours of the morning, Applejack spotted a grey mare, curled up on a bench. She wasn't used to any other ponies being up at this hour.

“Is that you Octavia?” said Applejack. Octavia ceased crying.

“Yes. Yes it is. I’m sorry you have to see me like this.” She said, trying to retain any pride she once had.

“Aw don’t worry bout’ it, what’s wrong?” The orange pony asked, her eyes full of compassion.

“The unicorns and pegasi......were...w......ww...” said Octavia unable to finish her sentence before bursting into tears again. Applejack grabbed Octavia and held her close.

“It's okay sugarcube. Sometimes ponies are just damn mean. Don't let 'em get to ya.”
Octavia tried to fight back her tears, but didn't say anything.

“I think Big Mac might want to say a few words to those ponies you met, come on, I'll take ya back to the farm.” Said Applejack with a reassuring smile.

Once again a major credit to the great and powerful Mcyav for editing my story at his own will