• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 368 Views, 1 Comments

The Elements Journey - Merlitz



The mane six find themselves on a journey they had not expected, learning how many lives they truely effect.

  • ...
 1
 368

The Return.

In the coming days Julie makes a wonderful connection with Pinkie Pie and Rarity, learning from them how to bake and make dresses, in turn she brought home wonderful confections from different stores for all of them to try. Also bringing back fashion magazines for Rarity. Rainbow Dash and Applejack take up trying their hooves at the game consoles. a little tricky with hooves instead of hands but they managed to do quite well for themselves. Of course Twilight found the computer and began reading all sorts of knowledge from it becoming the most well read pony on human that could have ever been. She read anything she could, medical information, dating, fiction, non fiction, history. She was enthralled with a new supply of knowledge she never knew existed. Fluttershy had by this time found the discovery channels with animals and Animal planet on the TV, she had even made a few friends out back at night when she dared venture outside considering she needed to not be seen. They all took some time out in the back yard after Dave and Julie checked for nosey neighbors. They didn't want to keep them indoors but it was safer this way. At night Rainbow Dash would stretch her wings with some flybys and Applejack would run around the yard keeping her legs working. The rest talked and played. Julie had brought over some Chinese walls to put around the deck so they could venture out during the day a little and enjoy the warm sunlight without being seen. With everyone enjoying themselves time was slipping by as Twilight regained her strength and allowed her horn to heal. Each day was more progressive, she began to levitate small objects again after a couple of days. In a weeks time, she was casting small illumination spells.

Twilight one morning wakes up and takes a good look in the mirror and smiles brightly. She plants her hooves to either side and speaks softly. "Ok, let's do this." Her horn begins to glow brightly and she smiles wide, she closes her eyes and focuses, a little headache presents itself from the lack of use. She pushes through it and lowers her head, a moment later in the middle of everyone in the living room a bright purple flash takes everyone off guard, Fluttershy find herself hiding under pillows and everyone else is gaping at the sudden appearance. They all cheer when they see who it is and what just happened. "I've got my magic back!" she says happily. "Now we can all go home! As.....soon as I figure out how to do that...."

Everyone's excitement turns to dismay as soon as Twilight's tone shifts. Rarity ahems, "It's ok Darling, we knew it would take a while. You had to heal first before you even tried anything, we were prepared all along."

Pinkie bounces over and gives Twilight a hug. "Yea Twilight I mean as it is we are having lots of fun here already, what's a little more time!"

Twilight winces a bit and looks at them all. "Well the thing is, with all the reading I've been doing I have been occasionally thinking about how to get back, but there are no Equestrian magic books here and I'm not sure I know what to do. We may be stuck here...."

Rainbow turns her head. "Whoa whoa whoa, you mean we could be stuck here away from all our friends, families and loved ones forever?"

Fluttershy whimpers. "Oh...oh my, I really miss my home. I mean not to sound ungrateful to our hosts, you have both been very kind, but..."

Julie nods and leans down giving Fluttershy a hug, "We know, you don't belong here and you miss your homes. We wouldn't want to keep you here if you didn't have to stay. We want you all to be happy."

Twilight sighs and looks away moving into the bedroom and thinking to herself. She seems almost defeated as her friends seem worried and sad now. "I can't let them down, but what am I going to do?" She lays her head on her pillow and sobs softly into it.

Applejack makes her way into the bedroom and comes in laying a hoof on Twilight's shoulder. "Listen here Sugar cube, I know your sweating the fact we can't get home yet, but you'll figure it out. You always do, and.....if you don't well we still got each other. That's enough for me!"

Rainbow Dash and Rarity both nod and speak in unison. "Right!" Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie come in and gives twilight a hug, eventually they were all in one giant group hug. snuggling into each other.

Twilight looks at them all with tears in her eyes. "You don't hate me for trapping you here?"

Rainbow laughs a little. "Pfffft No, I mean there is so much cool stuff to explore, yea I'm going to miss my other friends, but we did it for a good cause, to protect them. If being stuck here means making sure they live to see another day, then so be it."

Rarity nods. "Well said Rainbow darling. While I'm sure they will miss us, and we will miss them, the fact knowing we saved them from a horrible fate makes it worthwhile!" she flicks her mane from her face with a smile.

Fluttershy smiles with a nods as well as Pinkie. Applejack smiles to them all and looks back to Twilight. "We are all here for you sugar cube, and we would never turn our backs on ya!"

Twilight smiles brightly. "Thank you girls."

At this time both Dave and Julie are at the doors crying softly in joy. "It's better then any episode!" Dave says in a sappy manner, they all turn to the two bronies and laugh a little. Dave blows his nose. "I'm glad we found you in that open field, it was the only one between here and the city, it's lucky you landed there."

Twilight's eyes go really wide and a hint of energy passes by them with the typical spark she gets when she had a brilliant idea. "It couldn't be that simple could it?" they all turn to her with perked ears.

Applejack replies with a simple, "Pardon?"

Twilight smiles. "I may have found a way back home, but we'll need to go to that field again after dark, can you help us?" she looks to Dave and Julie.

Julie nods. "Of course, we will take the day off and get you there tomorrow night!" she says almost excitedly.

Twilight nods. "Ok girls, pack your things just in case tonight, we may be going home!" she smiles brightly and gets to work with her idea.

The following day Twilight and the gang gather around and begin to make plans, with the help of their new friends they gather some cheap supplies from the junk yard nearby and begin building a device. it almost looks like a vacuum cleaner out of the cat in the hat book by the time they are complete. Dave rents a small truck and it's loaded into the back. They spend the day saying goodbyes in case everything works. Once evening came, Julie and Dave load into her car and the rented truck with all the ponies, minus Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy who stay overhead flying out of sight. After a short drive they pull up to the field and drive into a hidden set of bushes. The gang works together to bring the device to the center of the field where they appeared.

Twilight nods softly and smiles big. "We can't thank you enough for helping us. Without you who knows what would have happened to us." Dave and Julie lean down and give the group a big hug as they all come in for it.

Dave sniffs a little along with his friend. "We are going to miss you a lot." they both look really sad as Dave spoke.

Julie looks up. "Can we get a picture, for both of us, no one would ever believe us but it would be for us only anyway." she says as she wipes some tears away.

Twilight smiles and they all nod, their own eyes misty as they will miss their new friends as well. "Certainly, what button do you push i'll use my magic so you can be in it too!"

Dave shows her how to work the camera and they all move over into an open area. "Wish there was more....." before he could finish his words a bright light shines from Twilight's horn as she uses an illumination spell to light the immediate area for the camera. "Ok then."

Twilight smiles with a squee and hovers the camera, they all position themselves, a flash is seen after they all smile and more hugs shared. Dave asks her what the device does and she explains. "Basically, Equestrian magic has a tendency to absorb into surrounding things if no magic is present, My hope is, that this machine when I use my magic will draw out the energy from the area, and maybe combining it with my own magic like before, but with more control so I don't break my horn again, we can open the rift we made like last time to get here." They all Ohhh and nod and Julie and Dave stand a little further back just in case. Twilights horn lights up again as her purple aura seeps into the device she created, it begins to come to life, little whirling gears and pumps all turning on. She claps her hooves together as she can see little bits of magical energy being drawn towards the device and gathering in a small glass container attached to it. The energy was red and orange like Tireks magic and that seemed to be a good sign. After a few minutes the machine seems to get no more energy from the area. She flicks a lever on the device and the energy starts to pour towards a spout. "Ok gather around girls. Here we go!" Twilight readies her teleport spell again and the beam fires from the device towards her, the energies begin to mix and flashes of light split the night sky. She strains to contain the energy and focus it properly.

A voice is heard. "PRINCESS TWILIGHT, YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!" It was Tirek!

Dave and Julie heard it as well and stand up. "No, if she's stopped they could never get home..." Dave said.

Julie nods. "But what can we do? You saw how big he was on the show, if he appears we don't stand any chance."

Dave thinks. "She said he didn't get nearly as many ponies last time, lets hope he's still manageable."

Julie nods and turns to look at her car. "I got an idea, but I just finished paying for it..." she shakes her head. "Whatever it's for a good cause."

Dave looks to where she is looking and nods with a smirk. "Good thing I took out the extra insurance on the truck. But lets not do this too hard, we can't kill the guy."

Tirek appears and all the girls gasp, he was alicorn sized but still intimidating. "Where do you think your going, I've been trapped in between worlds for weeks, and your going to PAY!" The girls wanted to do something but were helpless, if they left the bubble they may never get home, but if they stayed they could get hurt, they had no options. No options until they heard a honking. Dave and Julie were driving into the field with their vehicles and circling Tirek now. "What trickery is this!" he begins firing beams at them but misses, the cars were too quick and a bit too big. he swipes a claw at one and scratches the paint and seems stunned at the metal body. The girls smile at their friends seeing they came to the aid of them once more. They all say Thank you very loudly, then twilight yells. "Knock him into the portal now!" they all seem stunned, but they realized Tirek didn't belong here any more than they did.

Dave drifted the back end of his truck around and drove straight at Tirek making him back up in fear. Dave slowed down so as not to seriously hurt the being too much and rammed him at about 15-20 miles an hour. He is thrown back at the Ponies feet and then a scorch mark left behind as the Ponies and Tirek vanish from sight. A small chunk of Earth missing where the teleportation spell was cast. Julie and Dave get out of their cars and move over to the spot where they were. "Good bye friends." Julie said, Dave nodded respectfully. "Lets go home..." Dave managed to choke out.

Dave and Julie had been relaxing at home watching the new episode of My Little Pony, they had found a new respect for the show, not that they didn't enjoy it before, but now they had more love for it than ever. They can't help but wonder sometimes if their friends made it back safely. As they are watching the latest episode it was a battle with Tirek and it seemed vaugely familiar, there was even a part where they all disappeared from the show with Spike and Celestia worried about their fate. Then in the next episode they were back from a teleportation and finishing their battle with Tirek. This made Julie and Dave sob in joy, they knew what this meant. Near the end they ponies look to the sky and say "Thank you to our new friends." only two very special Bronies knew what this meant.

Dave smiled happily. "They made it!" he hugs Julie softly and they look at each other, by now they have both realized they had feelings for each other and caught themselves blushing.

Julie nods softly hugging Dave back. The whole experience had brought them closer than ever before. They begin to lean into each other staring into each others eyes. The room was dark and the night sky outside was darker. They had recorded the episode to watch later since they both had to work. They always shared the episodes together now. They leaned in close lips a breath apart. They close their eyes 'KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK' well that was a mood buster, but wait, that was the back door. They blinked and got up, Julie hung back as Dave turns back looking at her shrugging. A giggle was heard outside. Those voices, familiar voices....

Both Dave and Julie seemed shocked as Julie ran up beside him as they opened the door, once they did they were greeted with 5 sets of very large and caring eyes. Up above a loud BOOM is heard and a rainbow trails across the sky in a ring pattern as Rainbow flies in. "Where's the TV." the rest trot in behind and grin.

Dave looks stunned. "But you were....how did.......why? HUH?"

Twilight smiles brightly. "Well, after doing the spell twice I was able to use my own alicorn magic to make the spell work without Tirek, so now we can come visit on occasion, we couldn't just leave our new friends completely could we?"

Julie and Dave tear up in joy, they all share a hug and the ponies and bronies go inside, the door closes as Julie and Dave share their first kiss with their friends. They all look wide eyed and Rarity pipes up. "Ah ha I knew it!" they giggle as the door closes behind them. The end.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment