• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 367 Views, 1 Comments

The Elements Journey - Merlitz



The mane six find themselves on a journey they had not expected, learning how many lives they truely effect.

  • ...
 1
 367

What are those things?

Julie and her boyfriend Dave were taking the long way home from work that day as they were talking among themselves. Dave, dressed in a simple white T-shirt and blue jeans was laughing and carrying on about an irate customer he had to deal with while Julie was on break. Julie giggled to herself as she listened to him, in a dark blue T-shirt and some jean shorts on, it was a nice day outside. Birds flew by in pairs, the sun was brightly shining over head and the breeze was soft and a cooling contrast to the warm sun. They laughed and joked as they cut across a large open field with a shed in the back of the field near the trees entering the small wooded area. It was big enough to fit a standard living room and perhaps a little more space. No fixtures, no appliances, nothing special. It was just some old shed someone had built and stopped using. As they walked past it they both glanced around taking note of the area, they had passed it before so nothing was unusual, that was until.....A loud buzzing noise started to resonate in the air that stopped both of them in their tracks. The wind began to quicken as flashes of light seem to be emanating from no where at all, they both stop and duck behind some bushes not sure what to make of what was happening. They kept staring to where they thought they saw the light. After a moment it seems to die down and Dave looks at her speaking. "Well that was wei....." at that moment he was cut off by a blinding flash and the sound of a teleportation spell finishing which he had no idea what it was. In the middle of the field screams are heard as what looked like pastel colored Ponies appeared out of no where, the ground scorched where they arrived. Dave and Julie could hardly believe their eyes, they knew these ponies, but it couldn't be them could it? They stayed hidden and watched as Twilight Sparkle fell over unconscious and her friends rushed to her side. They all looked around, most of them felt down right terrified.

Applejack was the first to speak. "Where in Equestria are we?" she said, her eyes shifting from spot to spot trying to figure out where they ended up. "This place dun look right by any means."

Fluttershy was hidden between all of her friends but still holding onto Twilight. She was too scared to talk at all.

Rainbow Dash lifted off the ground and looked around a bit using her flight to give her an advantage. "This doesn't look like Equestria, or anyplace I know for that matter." she flies back down and hovers a few feet over head. "But there is some weird building over there lets go there till we can see what's going on."

Pinkie Pie was bouncing around the group. "Oh my gosh this place looks like so much fun. The flowers are different and smell so pretty, and look at the trees!"

Rarity calls out to Pinke. "Come on we need to get inside, we don't know what dangers are out here just waiting to get us." Pinkie pouts but listens and they all clamber inside after rarity fidgets with the door for a moment her aura covering the knob, she open's it and go inside. The group following right behind her.

Julie slowly tries to close her mouth before they both look at each other. "Did you just see what I saw?" Dave nods without looking away. Julie and Dave had both recently been new members of the Brony community and were more than shocked when the very beings they cherished randomly appeared in front of them both. They turn to each other in amazement.

Dave finally gets his brain to start working again after being thrown off the logic train to get ran over by impossibility. "I can't explain what I just saw, but I think they are in trouble. Maybe we can help?" he turns to her.

Julie blinks at him and scratches her head. "You think they will react normally to us? They just randomly appeared in our world, Twilight looks hurt, they all look scared and I'm sure Applejack could kick us to death if she wanted to, and you want to go say hi, us being humans who they have probably never seen before not knowing how they will react."

Dave thinks about it and nods. "Yea, besides what is the chance something like this would EVER happen again to anyone in the world, we have to try to help anyway." he looks to the shed. "If they meet anyone who doesn't understand them like we would, I fear what might actually happen."

Julie thinks on this a moment and nods. "You may be right, We can at least try..." she bites her lip nervously. Her gaze lifts to the shed and they both watch it a moment, motionless and not sure they should proceed, but their urge to help stronger than any other thought.

Dave is first to move out of the bush. he cautiously walks towards the shed and whispers to Julie. "Do you think we should knock or something else?" he asks, staying low to the ground.

Julie creeps along behind him. "I think we should get close enough to be heard, not so close as to scare them, and call out to them, lets....not let them know we know them, it might make things worse. I mean would you believe them if you appeared there not knowing where you are and they knew you?" she looks at him with a serious gaze. Her eyes riddled with concern.

Dave thought a moment, "That makes sense, we don't need them to think we are trapping them or something. Lets tell them later, we don't want to be dishonest." they nodded to each other and stopped a good distance away from the Shed. "Lets sit down and call out to them so they don't feel threatened." Julie nods to Dave again as they cross their legs as they sit down. "Good thing we both don't work tomorrow." he snickers a little. "I don't think I could go in anyway knowing the mane 6 were right here!" he beams almost fan boyish.

Julies give him a little swat. "I'll call out, maybe a girls voice will be easier to listen to." he nods to her and remains silent, although he wanted to be the one to make first contact, he understood her logic. Julie clears her throat and raises her voice. "Hello in there? Hi, I know you can hear me and we saw you arrive. Before you get worried we are sitting a ways out, we mean no harm, we also look very....different."

A rustling can be heard inside the shed and a loose board or two are moved slightly aside, eyes can be seen barely and colorful fur passing between the cracks. Whispering is heard as they don't seem to know what to do. Finally the voice of Rainbow Dash chimes up. "What do you want?" she says in a harsh tone.

Julie responds loudly. "We want to help, we saw your friend fall over, we were wondering if you need anything to help her out. Or maybe something you need?" she lifts her head waiting for an answer, the time passing as she waits. She looks to Dave and shrugs. "Hello?"

Applejack pipes up now. She seems more sure of herself then Rainbow. "Um, I reckon, iffin your offering, we could use some water, food.....and some blankets, our friend hasn't woken up yet.....but before that could you possibly tell us where in Equestria are we? and what....are you?" she asks, the last part her voice went from sure to uncertain, seemingly worried about the forms outside the shed.

Dave speaks up finally, his voice able to carry better with the masculine tone he has. "We can get you what you need and leave it by the door. As for where you are, your not in....Equestria was it?" he had to fake not knowing the name. "Your on earth, in a place called, Arizona, and we are called humans." he says. He waits for an answer, time ticks by as nothing seems to happen.

Inside the shed a variety of chatter goes back and forth.

Pinkie: Oh I'm so nervouscited!

Fluttershy: They don't even have a lot of fur

Rarity: Do you see what they are wearing

Rainbow: I say we take em down and pump em for info.

Pinkie: I wonder what Kind of snacks they have

Fluttershy: They seem nice to me

Rarity: And those tacky shoes....

Rainbow: They don't look too tough.

Applejack cocks an eyebrow and finally says loud enough for everyone including Julie and Dave to hear. "Enough! Alright here is what we are going to do, me and Rainbow will go out and try and talk to them, Rarity keep your magic ready and Fluttershy and Pinkie be ready to get Twilight out of here if things turn south, We need her to get back, so she has to stay safe. Now Rainbow don't say anything let me talk, we don't want to provoke a fight, but stay on guard in case they start one."

Rainbow sighs. "FINE!" she pouts and lands on her hooves and stands beside rainbow as rarity opens the door for them. Both Applejack and Rainbow trot out towards them head lowered slightly, the door closes behind them and they stay on guard slowly approaching them and now getting a better view, both Dave and Julie stand up and keep their appearances as not threatening as they can. Rainbow and Appplejack see them stand up and slow their pace a bit, they were taller than expected.

Applejack pins her ears back and gets a good look at the beings in front of her, they sort of look like spike, what with the standing on two legs, what look like claws but not sharp. No tail to speak of or scales, just clothes covering what looks like bare flesh with very little fuzz on one of them the other even less but a longer mane. "You said your, hu-mans?" she asked with a curious tone. Her eyebrow raising. "I don't think i've ever seen the like of you before." she's cautiously moves a bit closer, her tail flicking nervously behind her and with the lowering sunlight a sheen of nervous sweat can be seen on her orange coat. She eyes them a bit more and her emerald eyes stare up at them looking into theirs, she can sense the familiar feel of honesty and she begins to relax.

Rainbow was another story, she was walking around them sizing them up, scowling a bit and seeming to puff her chest out. "So what do you want huh? Are you a spy?" she snorts scuffing her hoof on the ground trying to seem intimidating.

Applejack puts a hoof in front of Rainbow. "Easy there sugar cube, I don't think these folks mean no harm, we popped in on them, and they know there is more of us yet they offered us supplies, Ah think they just wanna help." she tries to ease Rainbow back a bit more and turns to face the two. "Sorry about that she just gets riled up when she thinks we might be in danger." she smiles and pulls her hat off her head and nods. "I'm Applejack. That's Rainbow Dash, iffin your still offerin help, we would be mighty grateful, our friend isn't doing so well. We can introduce you to the others later, but if you have something we could use to help her the sooner the better."

Julie nods. "Dave your house is closer why don't you get the things they need, I'll stay here and make sure things are ok." she smiles to him and gives him a soft hug before nodding him away.

Dave smirks. "Of course, you would make me go." he nods as gathers his things and prepares for the rest of the walk home. He's suddenly stopped by a cyan mare with a rainbow mane hovering in his face.

Rainbow looks disapprovingly. "I'm coming too! I don't want you bringing back anything or anypony dangerous!" she pushes her nose to his almost knocking him back.

Dave blinks. "I'm not sure that would be a good idea." he says unsure how to explain himself.

Rainbow scoffs. "See they are up to something!"

Dave explains shakily. "No no, it's just we are more open minded than others of our kind. I'm not sure many others would take to your presence as we have. If you come you have to remain out of sight, it's safer...."

Rainbow and Applejack trade a look and the same words at the same time, "Safer?"

Dave sighs. "Please just trust me, you can come, just don't stay in sight, stay high in the air behind clouds, just don't be seen till we get there, I'll explain when we come back I promise."

Rainbow seems unsure but she nods reluctantly. "Fine, but if you try anything funny buddy and you'll pay!" she exclaims, with that they left, Rainbow flying high in the sky out of sight but keeping her eye on the one below, as they progress, Rainbow begins seeing things she had never seen before, wagons and carts that moved on their own, many others of these beings, buildings that looked like something they would find in Manehattan. weird boxes that glowed with pictures. She couldn't get a clear view from where she was but it was all amazing to her. She had never seen such wonders. They go on for what seems like hours to her but only a few minutes, he was walking, quickly but walking, this drove Rainbow insane waiting for this slow poke. Finally she can see him walking up to a building, he opens the door and holds it open, he looks around and gives her a signal when the cost is clear and she zooms inside. Rainbow seems surprised at all the items she is surrounded by. Nothing in here looked devious, but she couldn't make heads or tails of some things, it looked like a house but with devices she had never seen. She remains calm and tries not to touch anything as she explores and finds the Television. "What's this?"

Dave peeks his head in and looks. "Oh that's a TV, um.....do you have pictures where your from or movies?" he knew she did but he had to play dumb for now. She nodded softly to both and looked at it again "Ok it's like movies but in a box, smaller and portable, you can put this in any house and watch movies all day."

Rainbow perked up at the idea and gazed into it. "Can I see?" she nudges it with a hoof making it wiggle a bit.

Dave cringes a bit and places his hands on it to stabilize it. "Sure sure, just be careful, that cost me a lot of money." He reaches for a remote and points it at the set flicking it on, the sounds and sights come on and Rainbow jumps back slightly. She then stands entranced with the pictures. Eyes glued to the set in awe.

Rainbow Dash lifts her hooves to her face and squeals. "This is so AWESOME! Can we take it with us?" she says excitedly, forgetting she was supposed to keep an eye on him at this point, he didn't seem dangerous after all.

Dave comes through the door with a bag full of food and supplies. "I'm afraid not, it won't work out there, it needs power."

Rainbow Dash tilts her head in question. "Power? what do you mean. Like magic?"

Dave chuckles. "No no, Power....Electricity, well I guess you can call it magic but a special kind we make with big big buildings. It flows through big long lines and runs our machines. That shed your in isn't connected to any." he smiles warmly. "Anyway I have everything you asked for, shall we head back?"

Rainbow pouts as the TV is turned off. "Oh yea, right.....lets go." Rainbow waits for the Human. He looks out the door and eventually gives her the all clear and she darts off to the sky and follows behind him from above. They walk their way back which seems quicker than the trip as rainbow was trying to see what other wonders this world had. They reach the shed as Rainbow touches down.

Applejack and Julie are there to greet them. "Took you a while." Julie said. She helps him unload some supplies. By now the others were outside too besides Fluttershy who was watching from inside the shed with intense interest, they were new creatures, but she doesn't know what they are, but she wanted to meet them, but she was scared. her mind racing as she didn't know what to do.

"Yea well Rainbow here decided to watch a little TV while I gathered everything." he chuckled lightly. "Took me a minute to convince her to leave."

"Um....TV darling?" Rarity asked inquisitively. Her head cocked to one side with a perked ear.

Rainbow zooms in and takes over the conversation. "Yea it's a box with movies that play all day, you can just turn it on anywhere there is this stuff called....ele....elec.....what was it?"

Dave chimes in "Electricity." helping her finish the word.

Rarity grins at the idea. "Movie at home? what a simply divine idea."

Rainbow tones down her excitement. "Forget that for now though, how's Twilight?"

Pinkie appearing out of no where pops her head out of Daves backpack nearly scaring him out of his skin. "What's your names anyway." the pink party pony having not been around when Julie called Dave's name out, nor rarity for that matter.

Julie being first to talk while Dave recovers from S.P.A.S. [Sudden Pinkie Appearance Syndrome.] "His name is Dave and i'm Julie." she smiles to them and lays out some fruits and vegetables for them and lays the blankets they asked for down. Along with some bandages and anything else he seemed to think was needed.

The ponies gather everything up and begin heading to the shed. Julie and Dave close behind. The door opens as Fluttershy lets them all in and Rarity lights the room with her horn. Dave pulls out a LED light and hangs it up. "Save your strength I can handle this." Rarity questions him and watches as he turns on the little LED lamp with a click and the whole room is lit up, they stare in amazement a moment before turning their attention to Twilight. Fluttershy at this point had taken the bandages and began working on her while Applejack introduces them all.

"This here is Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, you know me and Rainbow, and there is our friend who got hurt, Twilight Sparkle. she took a beatin pretty bad to save us." Applejack lowered her head. "She was going to teleport us behind a bad guy we were dealin with and something went weird and we got sent here, seems she took the worst of it." She sulks a bit. "I don't know how we are gonna make it here, I dun know nothing about the kind of trees you have here, and your hay outside tastes awful, so I'm right thankful you brought us some food, but Twi here looks pretty bad, we might be stuck here a while."

Fluttershy looks up ay her friends and the others. "We can't keep Twilight in here it's not good for her, she needs a warm bed and some place safe to rest, otherwise I can't look out for her properly." she rubs some water along Twilights scrapes and cuts cleaning the wound, but the dark and dreary atmosphere making it difficult.

Dave and Julie look between each other. They nod softly as this shed wouldn't accommodate them at all. "Well you can stay with me until she is well. My house is a little small but your welcome to it." says Dave. "And Julie here can check on you too while I'm not home, most of the time we work different hours, but today we happened to be on the same shift." He peeks outside. "We should wait til night to move, that is if you would prefer to come or stay here is up to you."

Applejack looks at him. "Thank ye kindly but we wouldn't wanna impose."

Fluttershy finally speaks up, well more of a whisper up, but everyone is used to her quite tone so everyone goes silent to listen. "Um, Twilight can't stay here, she has cuts and bruises that would....only get.....worse.....um...if she....um had to stay......here *eep*" she spoke her voice getting softer as she neared the end.

"I have to agree darling, we have to take a chance, Poor twilight dear needs proper care, and we can't do that here." says the white unicorn.

Rainbow seems overjoyed, she wants to see more of that wonderful TV. "Yea Twilight needs the help, plus who knows what else may come along, you guys didn't see half the stuff I did, this guy seems harmless and his house is cool!"

Julie gets up and heads to the door. "Ok everyone, I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow, Dave let me know what happens, remember I have that meeting to go to in the morning so I'll check in about afternoonish."

Dave nods. "Ok then see you tomorrow." He looks to the ponies and back again. "Can you bring some food? I don't think I have enough." he smirks a little.

Rarity and the group pin their ears back seeming embarrassed. "No darling you don't have to go out of your way." she says resting a hoof on his leg.

Dave smiles. "No worries, I just haven't gone shopping yet, we are good."

Julie gives a thumbs up as she heads out. "Later Dave." what seems like a fan girl squeal can be heard as she runs off. Dave shakes his head wishing he could do the same.