• Published 14th May 2012
  • 2,061 Views, 13 Comments

A Sucker for Sweetie - Corwin



A story about the cutest vampire in the universe. Second person.

  • ...
3
 13
 2,061

A Sucker for Sweetie

Everypony had warned you against traveling to Transylvania. You would have written this off as silly superstition, but the things you've seen since arriving in Equestria had altered your perspective. At any rate, this Countess Dracula was an important client. She was interested in purchasing quite a substantial piece of property back in Ponyville, and it was your job to facilitate this transaction.

"Transylvania". "Dracula". You were no fool. You remembered the books and movies from your childhood back on Earth. In fact, you were rather surprised these terms hadn't been altered into revolting, horse-related puns. You'd visited Zecora ahead of time to ask for any herbs that might be useful in defense against vampires. Of course, she provided you with plenty of garlic and wolfsbane. Twilight, with her extensive library, had found out that Equestrian vampires are repelled by sacred icons. She furnished you with a small, reflective, metal reproduction of Princess Celestia's cutie mark.

Suitably equipped, you still found yourself wary of visiting a vampire in her home. The thought driving you forward was your perception that nothing bad ever seemed to be permanent in Equestria. Monsters and villains were encountered and fought all the time, but everything always seemed to wrap up nicely in the end. For all the supernatural creatures these ponies have to vanquish on a regular basis, you'd not even seen a single drop of blood.

You would just have to remain alert and hope for the best.

The vampire's castle rose up in front of you, casting a jagged silhouette on the moonlit sky. The coachpony pulling your carriage had refused to take you close to the castle gates, so you'd had to walk for the last mile or so. You carried your suitcase in one hand, and your briefcase in the other. The sounds coming from the forest surrounding your path had kept your pace brisk.

The gates before the castle's courtyard were tall, black, and rusty. As you approached them, they were bathed in the pale green light of an unseen unicorn's magic. They swung open before you with a loud creak, scattering the crows lined up along the top of it. You continued cautiously through the old gates.

You walked along the cracked and overgrown stone pathway that lead to the doors of Castle Dracula. The grass surrounding it was dead and gray, and the courtyard was littered with crumbling statuary. You finally reached the doors of this massive old castle. The unicorn who'd let you through the gates obviously knew you were here. Still, you announced your presence by swinging the heavy doorknocker.

The large wooden doors were surrounded by the same pale green magic you saw before. They, too, slowly swung open. Stepping through the door, you had a look around the expansive room. The whole place was very dimly lit by candles spaced along some of the walls. These walls were decorated with fading portraits of various stern-faced white unicorns in old-fashioned clothing. Cobwebs covered about half of the surfaces in the room, and you noticed a large rat scurrying under a staircase. Halfway down the tall staircase stood a young filly.

She was a unicorn, and her pale green eyes confirmed that it was she who had let you into the castle. The same colored magic surrounded her little horn, and held a burning candle in the air in front of her. Her slicked-back mane met the center of her forehead in a severe widow's peak, and was pleasingly colored lavender and pink. Her white coat, combined with her small, round stature, reminded you vaguely of a marshmallow.

She wore a long black cape that covered her flanks. You wondered if she even had her cutie mark yet. As if the hairstyle and the cape didn't scream "vampire", you could clearly see two sharp-looking little fangs poking out from below her smirking upper lip. You remembered that ponies, being herbivorous, didn't even have canine teeth. This was a predatory creature, and she was one of the most adorable little predators you'd ever seen.

You asked the tiny mistress of darkness if her parents were about. You explained that you were here to see a Countess Dracula.

Upon hearing the name, the filly's eyes lit up and she smiled. Suddenly, she spoke.

"I... Am Dracula."

She was certainly a lot younger than you'd expected. The residents of the village some miles below her castle had spoken of her with such fear and dread. What you saw when you looked at the Countess was a small filly, and an exceptionally cute one at that.

Her voice was high-pitched and childish, but she had clearly attempted to sound more regal. She frowned slightly, as if the words sounded different out loud than they had in her head.

Feeling bad for the kid, as you'd come to think of this supernatural monster, you gave a small bow and greeted the Countess as such. You explained that you were the solicitor from Ponyville here to ensure that her transaction went through as planned. You began to doubt your words even as you spoke them. This was clearly a small child. How could she purchase and own property? She was obviously playing a game with you, and you had business to conduct.

The longer you stared into her big green eyes, however, the less desire you felt for protest. Her mouth was an inviting smile, but her eyes betrayed what must have been her thoughts. They looked hungry and determined. Having these eyes upon you was frightening, but you couldn't bring yourself to look away.

The Countess spoke again.

"I bid you welcome!"

This time, her voice cracked on the first syllable of "welcome". She looked mildly embarrassed, aware that her cute voice had broken the intimidating spell that her eyes had cast. It seemed that, when she spoke, whatever fears you were accumulating dissipated. You were reminded that you were dealing with a darling little filly.

She turned to head further up the stairway when, somewhere in the surrounding forest, a wolf howled. She turned to face you again, the same predatory expression she'd worn since first seeing you.

"Listen to them.... Children of the night. What music they make!"

She motioned for you to follow, and you carefully ascended the staircase behind her. A large cobweb, spread across the staircase at your height, blocked your path. Not wanting to pick cobweb off your face for the next hour, you parted it with your suitcase.

The Countess, then standing at the top of the stairs, took notice of this.

"A spider spinning his web for the unwary fly. The blood... Is the life!"

What the everloving fuck was this kid talking about? She was clearly playing up this "Dracula" act for all it was worth. You began to wonder if she was even a real vampire, but the fear that the villagers had shown made you think twice about bringing it up. You gave her an awkward half-agreement, and continued after her. You remembered the vampire-repelling totems you carried, and wondered if you might end up needing them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the little Countess had shown you your room, and treated you to dinner (of which she did not partake), the two of you sat down in comfortable chairs in front of a burning fireplace to discuss business.

You informed the foal that everything regarding her purchase of the old Carousel Boutique in Ponyville was well in order, and that she only needed to provide a signature. She expressed her approval.

"Excellent, excellent! I have chartered a ship to take us to Ponyville. We will be leaving.... Tomorrow... Evening..."

Her strange vocal pacing was beginning to grow on you. Your fear of being turned into an evil minion of darkness was growing fainter the more time you spent with the Countess. She was probably the cutest filly you'd ever encountered, and that really is saying something. Her voice sounded so innocent, and her silly affectations only endeared her to you more. Those tiny fangs of hers were starting to remind you of Twilight's little dragon assistant, Spike, and he'd certainly pose no threat to a grown human like you.

Her pale green eyes were so.... Interesting.... The fear those eyes initially brought upon you had completely vanished. You felt more and more relaxed the longer they stared into yours. You felt, growing inside you, a strange desire to hug and cuddle the unicorn filly before you snapped out of your trance.

You shook your head slightly, clearing the fog inside, and reached into your briefcase. You let the Countess know that you were retrieving the contract for her to sign, when you felt a sharp pain on your fingertip. The familiar, slicing feeling of a papercut. There are few physical sensations in Equestria, or any other world, much worse. A small amount of blood had begun to flow, when you noticed the Countess was sweating profusely.

Her eyes seemed even larger than usual, and she was periodically licking her lips as she stared at your bleeding finger. She began to slide out of her chair toward you, slowly raising her black cape behind her. You leaned forward to grab a handkerchief out of your suitcase. Celestia's sun that Twilight had given you found it's way out as well, tangled in the handkerchief and clattering onto the floor.

The Countess retreated, pulling her cape across her face and hissing slightly at the sight of the emblem. You chuckled slightly and dropped it in the suitcase once again. Humoring the cute creature of darkness, you assure her that it was only a small scratch and nothing to worry about.

Her face stern, her horn began to glow with magical light. From the shelf in a dark corner of the room, being manipulated by this unicorn's magic, floated a glass bottle and a wooden mug with a metal handle & base. She began to magically pour the amber liquid into the mug.

"This... Is very old cider" she said, seriously. "I hope you will like it."

She passed you the mug and released it from her magic as you grasped the handle. You brought the rim to your mouth, when you noticed her watching you with those intriguing eyes of hers. You stopped and asked her if she would join you in a drink, not considering the fact that she was only a foal.

She playfully giggled before catching herself and once again donning her aristocratic demeanor.

"I never drink..."

She paused, and then that predatory grin crossed her face once more.

"...Cider...."

You took a drink and, finding it to be pleasantly sweet, quickly guzzled the rest in typical Ponyville fashion. The beverage warmed and relaxed your body and mind. You began to look into her eyes again. She was staring at you with such intensity, you found it difficult to look away. You began to feel that same relaxing fog from earlier enter your mind.

"Anyone home?" she softly whispered, her piercing eyes still the center of your vision.

You groggily murmured something, finding it difficult to stay alert.

"Good." she spoke, "You are now under my control."

If you were under her control, you didn't much mind. Her childish voice was so innocent and soothing, and it felt very important for you to continue looking into her eyes.

She continued, "I am your mistress and you shall always do exactly as I command. Do you understand me?"

You nodded your head. You understood completely. You finally understood what you were meant for, and why you were sent to this fantasy dimension of talking horses. You existed only to serve the adorable filly vampire.

"If you wish to be my servant, you must allow me to complete your transformation into my loyal creature of the night. You want nothing more than to serve me, don't you?"

You muttered something to the affirmative. You'd been staring into her eyes so long that the rest of your vision had faded considerably. Your world was those two pale green eyes.

"I know you do. I promise this won't hurt you."

Suddenly, she lunged forward. She spread her cape like a pair of bat's wings and you were temporarily brought back from your trance once again. With growing horror, you realized what had been happening. You were very foolish to underestimate this unholy monster. The pudgy little marshmallow filly had charmed you into letting your guard down, and you'd have to act fast.

You leaned to the side to reach for your suitcase, hoping to fish out Celestia's icon once again, but it was too late. You felt the tiny teeth pierce your neck and began to feel very weak. You could feel the blood leaving your body, and you could hear her gulping it down her little throat. The last thought to enter your mind before you blacked out was how the ponies back in Ponyville could defend themselves against such an adorable monster.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life as an undead thrall of the cutest filly in the world wasn't really as bad as you would have imagined. Your mistress was far kinder than you had been led to believe vampires are. Perhaps she was just an innocent child who wished you no real harm. Perhaps she just couldn't think of anything all that bad to do with your free will. At any rate, your new (un)life was relatively enjoyable.

The Countess had a few concrete duties that you were to perform. For instance, you were compelled to carry her about her castle in your arms. She would direct you this way and that in her adorable little voice, and you would obey. You had no choice, after all. You were more than happy to oblige her.

You would also be called upon during every lightning storm, nights after you'd read her a particular scary bedtime story, or seemingly for no special reason at all aside from the fact that your mistress was scared. If the Countess found herself frightened, alone in her coffin, she would contact you telepathically. Wherever you were, even if you were asleep in your own room, you'd immediately awaken and rush to your mistress' chambers. There you'd be expected to crawl into the coffin with her (there was plenty of room, her being a tiny filly) and cuddle her dark majesty for the rest of the night. You both enjoyed nights like this.

You also learned that she'd been interested in purchasing the old Carousel Boutique in Ponyville because it had belonged to her older sister, Rarity. Rarity had been a vampire as well, over a hundred years ago, but the townsponies had killed her and driven her younger sister away to hide in the mountains of Transylvania. The Carousel Boutique had fallen into disrepair and was left little more than a ruin when you were informed that the Countess had wished to purchase it.

She'd originally planned on going back to Ponyville to seek revenge on the descendants of those who had killed her sister. Being a vampire, she had remained a young filly for decades, and knew that she and her sister would not be remembered by the current residents of Ponyville. You told her about Twilight Sparkle, the most powerful unicorn in Equestria and favorite student of Celestia herself. You told her about the bearers of harmony: Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Welshy. You told her that these simple Ponyville ponies managed to defeat horrible monsters and supernaturally evil villains rather frequently. The Countess nervously decided that staying in Transylvania for the time being was a good idea.

Of course, being undead abominations unto the Sun Princess, the two of you had to feed. Although Countess Dracula (or "Sweetie", as you'd taken to calling her) loved childish fare like chocolate milk and cookies, such food was unable to sustain creatures of your kind. Sweetie would occasionally send you down to the village at the base of the mountain Castle Dracula was built upon. The cold was no longer a concern to you, and the deadly creatures of the forest feared you now.

Being the ONLY human in Equestria, you couldn't very well blend in with ponies. You had to be stealthy, staying in shadowy back-alleys until nightfall. Salt-drunken ponies, stumbling home at three in the morning, would be your most usual prey. Whomever your victim might be, you'd set upon them only if there were no other ponies around to see you.

The undead are gifted with certain powers of persuasion, as Sweetie herself demonstrated just before she transformed you. You would set these powers upon whichever hapless pony had been foolish enough to go out after dark in Transylvania. You'd bring the pony up to your mistress' castle, but not before stealing plenty of treats, toys, and storybooks from the various village shops.

Sweetie preferred her victims to be fresh, and you had no will to argue with the adorable creature. Once you'd bring a pony to her lair, she'd immediately throw herself upon him, nearly draining him. She'd always leave enough for you, of course. Although the old you would have been disgusted by feeding on the blood of another, you no longer cared. It was what you needed to survive, and you couldn't get enough. The blood is the life, as Sweetie had said when she first met you.

Although she had chosen to turn you, Sweetie expended no such energy on her other victims. The ponies whom she fed upon were killed, as anyone with their blood drained would be. You never questioned why she had enslaved you, but you suspected that it was her plan all along in sending for a solicitor to facilitate her transaction.

You spent your unlife in service to the adorable vampire, Countess "Sweetie" Dracula. You listened to her sing every evening, and it was always the most beautiful music you'd ever want to listen to. You played with her every day, and they were always the most exciting adventures you'd ever want to have. You'd cuddle her almost every night, and it was the most fulfilling relationship you could ever hope to experience.

Perhaps, one day, she'd decide it was best for the two of you to leave her castle. Perhaps, one day, you'd travel the world together on her considerable fortune (old money). Perhaps, one day, she'd even finally get her cutie mark. For the time being, however, the life you knew was enough. You loved the little filly, and it was extremely likely that she loved you too.

Comments ( 13 )

This story intrigues me, I shall read it at a later time as it is quite late right now.

Read it, and its still intriguing, although my emotional response was mild at best.

Welshy...
weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/i-see-what-you-did-there.png

On a more serious note, while I usually don't enjoy this kind of story, I found it to be well-written and an interesting story on top of that! :moustache:

My theory still stands. Sweetie Belle is cute in EVERY form no matter what!!:yay:

Reaction when first seen on front page: Vampires? In my ponies? Gimme a sec, gotta grab my whip and boomerang crosses.


Reaction after reading: :facehoof: This guy is really stupid isn't he? But everything else aside, it wasn't... bad but seriously? The human in this story is dumb as fabric. I gotta say I haven't seen a story with Sweetie Belle as a vampire before so this was kinda nice to read, a bit high with Dawwww levels at parts but not bad all around. My only problem was (take a wild guess) how stupid the guy is in this story. I refuse to say that it's me in the story because HE'S JUST SO DUMB. Although my idea of dealing with vampires involves whips, holy water, and boomerang crosses so that may play a part in it but still, this guy really should have known to NEVER TRUST A VAMPIRE, even more so when they give you alcohol ever. But all my bitching aside not bad, but could have been better.

THIS IS SILLY :derpyderp2:

589768
I guess the protagonist does seem pretty dumb. I tried to set up his reasons for not being too afraid, like the fact that brushes with supernatural evil happen all the time and are always wrapped up nicely. Plus how impossibly cute Sweetie is. I suppose I could have made things a bit clearer in that department, but you're right. There's really not much justification for getting so comfortable around someone named "Dracula" in a place called "Transylvania" in a world with fantasy creatures like vampires.
This is the first story I've EVER written, pony or not, so it's good to hear criticism like this. I hope to keep writing in the future and to improve. Also, I'm not quite sure why I chose the second person perspective. It just seems abnormally popular with stories starring ®The Only Human in Equestria™. And, I'm sorry, but I couldn't avoid making it extra feely towards the end. It is Sweetie, after all. I'll have to remember not to be so heavy-handed with that kind of stuff.
Thanks for the feedback!

Personally I was all ready for the human to be returning the victims to town only moderately the worse for wear. Perhaps orange-juice and Graham Cracker-like cookies like the Red Cross provides for the mesmerized?
As it is... yeah, she's a monster. Bring on the boomerang crosses.

nice story. will we be seing more stories along this line in the future? :moustache:

599066
Well, I hadn't considered writing another Sweetie Dracula story, but you never know. At any rate, I hope to write more pony stories in the future.
598534
Well, I hadn't considered that either. I suppose there are several flaws I could have corrected. I'm learning!

599422
I wasn't trying to say it was a flaw in the writing, but if you wanted to create an alternate ending as a second chapter that could be good too.

Ehehehehehe

hehehehehehe

Login or register to comment