• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 608 Views, 16 Comments

Hearts, Home, and Dragons - Dragonzero77



Wildfire goes to Ponyville intending to lead a quiet life...but instead ends up as the newest Princess's tenant

  • ...
5
 16
 608

Lighting the candles

“I can't believe you two talked me into this! Is this welcome party thing really necessary?” Wildfire exclaimed with a slightly irritated groan.

“Aw, c'mon Wildfire it'll be fun! You do know how to have fun right?” Spike chimed in sarcastically with Twilight nodding in agreement.

“Spikes right! Besides, I'm sure that all of my friends would love to meet you,” Twilight said with a slightly worried smile. Wildfire had been hesitant all morning, much to the young dragon and princess’s dismay. Twilight just could not place it. 'Why doesn't he want to go? After we all put in so much work to make this a great party? Pinkie’s going to be upset,' she thought to herself.

Wildfire’s expression seemed to become more and more sour as the three left the castle. Wildfire had woken up that morning, not anticipating the events of a welcome party he was told was in the works, but he had forgotten about it due to the chaos that was moving in and all.

“I... just don't like parties that much. That's all,” Wildfire insisted, tugging at his sleeves in discomfort. “I don't want to talk about it,” he continued as his irritability began to show even more.

“I'm sorry to hear that,” Twilight said softly, placing a hand on Wildfire's shoulder to try and make him feel better.

Spike smiled and chuckled. “Sorry to be the bearer of bad timing but...we're here!” Spike proclaimed as the trio turned the corner towards Sugar Cube Corner.

As the door flung open a hearty “SURPRISE!!!” was all that was heard.


Wildfire awoke with a pounding that rang between his ears. The glare from the shop’s lights began to hurt him just from looking at it. “...what just happened?” he groaned as he looked around the room in a daze.

“You had two slices of cake and then your behavior became really...spastic,” Twilight offered as she came over from across the room. With a worried expression on her face, she sat beside him and said, “ From what I've gathered...it seems that dragon-pony hybrids can't handle sugar in mass quantities.”

Wildfire groaned as the sound of Twilight's voice made the pounding in his head beat harder. “How much sugar was in that thing anyway?” he demanded, clutching his head to ease the pain.

“I put in a whole bag to make sure the cake was super sweet!” Pinkie Pie chimed in gleefully as she fiddled with what seemed like a sea captain’s hat she was wearing.

“What happened after the cake?” Wildfire asked Twilight. “My memory is really fuzzy.”

“Well, after you had your two slices you were kind of quiet for a little while.” Twilight gestured to a sleeping Spike, who was laying in the corner of the room. “Spike was munching down on the gem cake that Pinkie made just for him. He offered you some, but you weren't really moving that much, which really had us worried. After that, you came up to Applejack and challenged her to an arm-wrestling competition in a rather...odd fashion. You kept switching from what I assume to be dragonic to normal speech when you said - and I quote - 'For I told them not to meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!' That sent everyone into a laughing fit expect Fluttershy for some odd reason.” Twilight’s recitation continued from dares directed to Rainbow Dash to causing Rarity to blush.

Twilight fell silent for a moment before Wildfire asked, “Anything else?”

She shook her head and gave him a smile. “Nope, that's all that happened.” Twilight turned her back to Wildfire as she tried to hide her blushing face.

Wildfire looked towards Pinkie Pie. “Why are you wearing a captain's hat, anyway?”

“Oh? This old thing?” Pinkie asked with a giggle. “Well I was in the mood to go sailing after the party. Care to join me?”

Twilight gave a light chuckle. “I need to get these two home to rest, they've had a pretty busy day. Maybe next time?”

“Sure sure, I'll make sure the ship is ready to sail,” Pinkie Pie replied with a playful grin.

Twilight nodded as she picked up the sleeping purple dragon, then stepping over to Wildfire. With a pop of magic they were gone leaving the mares to talk amongst themselves.

“By the way Pinkie, why do ya have that hat on?” Applejack asked with a curious tone. “You know there’s not a body a water fer miles?”

“I don't need a body of water for this ship. As long as it sails everything's okie dokie loki!” Pinkie Pie giggled with a goofy grin on her face.

Author's Note:

sorry for making you all wait so long.

Comments ( 2 )

a strange little chapter interesting but strange.
what are they not telling Wildfire Twilight was blushing.

It's official Pinkie is shipping.

Login or register to comment