• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 1,775 Views, 11 Comments

A Family Resemblance - Nyx Ali



Twilight got a message from Sunset Shimmer from Celestia's book. Unfortunately it indicates a new villain at CHS, but what does it have to do with discord?

  • ...
3
 11
 1,775

Chapter 4

"Hello?" A young young child called out in the silence of a dark alley. She began to quiver. What if the woman she was looking for wasn't here? Was she lost? Perhaps she went down the wrong alley? Yes, indeed that's it. She noted.

She turned to see a box shake slightly before returning to its original, crooked pose. She smiled, assuming it was her adopted sister. She walked over, and opened the box. "Hi Nyx!" she greeted enthusiastically.

Nyx smiled and stood up to hug her adopted sister, Screwball. "Hey. Wha'd you do today?"

"Oh, nothing much. The only exciting thing that happened today was watching two people fall out of a wall at a high school." she replied flatly.

"A wall? High school? How chaotic...." Nyx grinned. "Were you with that Fluttershy girl again?"

"Yeah." she chuckled darkly. "Except there was two of them! One of them fell out of the wall of a statue."

Nyx tapped her chin, noting this new information. "So, you said you 'saw two people' fall out of this...wall. Who was the other?"

"The dude looked weird. He had a black mohawk, brown skin, red and yellow eyes, and his clothes were all mismatched. It was so chaotic!" She smiled, until she was the worried look on Nyx's face. She frowned. "What's wrong..?"

Nyx opened her mouth, but no words came out, due to the shock. She tried to speak again, but gott the same result.

Screwball shouted from the suspense. "Spit it out!"

Nyx sighed. "He's coming....."

"What, who?" Screwball inquired.

"My brother.." She said flatly.

Screwball's eyes widened.
________________________________
"A-are you sure this is a good idea, Discord?" Fluttershy asked, concern overflowing in her tone as she stared at the object she was requested to hold up to assist the curious dracconequus. "What if you are able to create chaos?" She gasped. "What if the girls dislike you when they find out?!?"

"Shh! You're going to alert them!" He whisper shouted.

"Oh...im sorry. I'm just worried.."

He sighed. "I would be too if I had heard a story that resembles to mine coming from you. But don't worry, im completely used to it."

"A-are you sure, Discord...?"

"Positive." he answered flatly. "Now hold still for me, would you?"

"Oh, um, yes."

He put all his concentration on the object that lay in Fluttershy's hands. In her hands, sat a large wad of cotton candy. His chaotic intentions were to make it rain roses, rather than chocolate milk, just to add a little more chaos. He held his left hand out of instinct, which would've been his talon if it weren't for his transformation. With slits in his eyes from the tenseness, he snapped his fingers.

Nothing happened.

He sighed. "I don't understand... It should've worked... It doesn't make any sense!" Fluttershy looked down shamefully, feeling as it were her fault. Could it have been? Maybe she shouldn't have been holding it?

Discord on the other hand, had never been more disappointed in himself. He knew he wasn't supposed to apply logic, but he wished that wasn't the case in this situation. Its true, he was the lord of chaos, abd that's all he would ever be. Nothing more. That's why it should've worked! If it didn't, then he had no destiny, no happiness, no title.

No purpose. No purpose other than to be a monster.

Then, a loud fearfully scream interrupted these noted thoughts. He immediately looked over to Fluttershy with fear in his eyes, expecting the worst.

Then, his mouth gaped.

It worked! It really worked! Roses crowded around Fluttershy's legs as she giggled.

In his eyes, she had never looked more beautiful. Her laugh was truly adorable, her smile had the effect to make him do the same, the list went on for ages. The fact that his creation had put her in this mood, gave him a warm feeling in his chest. He was the lord of disharmony, and his appearance created such, which aggravated him, yet made him feel... disappointed. Why had he felt these chaotic emotions? He wasn't supposed to feel emotions, but yet, he strangely did. Nothing like her could care for an abomination like him. She was the beauty, and he was a beast.

Suddenly, the door swung open, making Discord jump in front of Fluttershy instinctively.

"Howdy guys!" Pinkie greeted. "Ready to go?"

"Where, exactly?" Discord asked, no longer cautious.

The other girls walked in one at a time. "First, we decided that we'll wake a trip to she spa." Twilight answered, looking down at her notes, and adding on to the list she had created.

"Gee, I wonder who suggested that."Discord remarked sarcastically, looking directly at Rarity who began fileing her nails.

"Then we decided to take a stroll through the park.." Fluttershy added. "Oh, um, if that's alright with you..."

"Will we have time to visit the animals?" Alternate Fluttershy asked.

"Duh. That's the reason why we decided to walk through the park in the first place!" Rainbow shouted, slightly impatient.

"Oh, I'm sorry...." Discord felt anger rise upon his chest, but took a deep breath to calm himself before he did something he'd later regret.

"What was next?" Twilight asked.

"We said we were gonna stop by Sweet Apple Acres for cider, right?" Applejack quoted.

"Oh! That's right." Twilight noted.

Five minutes of silence passed before anyone spoke. "Didn't you say something About picking up Sunset?" Rainbow reminded Twilight.

"Yes. We'll pick up Sunset, go to the spa, stroll the park, walk to Applejack's for cider, and come back for another night, agreed?"

"Yup!" the other girls shouted in unison.

Alternate Fluttershy nudged Discord. "Right, Discord?"

He rolled his eyes, sighed, and agreed. "Hm, well, yes, but haven't you ladies forgotten the purpose of our presence?"

"Don't worry Discord." Twilight assured. "We haven't forgotten about Nyx. Today is our day for catching up. Tomorrow is when our mission begins."
________________________________
"What's wrong Nyx? Shouldn't you be happy?" Screwball asked as she watched her pace back and forth from her sitting position.

"No-no-no-no-no I shouldn't! What if he finds out about my powers? He'll think im crazy! I'm not supposed to be able to drink a glass!"

Screwball furrowed her eyebrows. "Really. You're kidding, right?" Screwball stood up and walked over to her and put an assuring hand on her shoulder. "Im not even physically related to you and I don't mind your powers. What makes you figure he'll think of you differently?

Nyx sighed. "Because we're both homeless with nowhere to go. He probably lives with a rich family somewhere in Prance.."

"Nyx, he fell out of a wall." Screwball remarked flatly.

"Good point. But still, he's my little brother, and he looked up to me.."

Nyx resumed her pacing, sweating from the anxiety. What would she say when she finally reunited with her younger sibling?

Author's Note:

Man...im glad I got that off my chest..... And in case some of you were wondering, Nyx isn't the OC you see in my profile picture. This is Nyx Chaos. She's dark purple, and her hair is black with a brown streak. You'll understand my main OC, Nyx Ali's name eventually. And im very sorry that this chapter was so short. I just felt guilty for waiting, idk, a month before finally getting this out, so I kinda just put things together and published it. Btw, this was only a quarter of what I had planned for this chapter. The next one should be much longer.

Comments ( 5 )

I'm so sorry for this annoying question but when are you going to post more I love this fanfic and I really want more <3

I love this story !! Do more !!!

5952146 i put this story in read later some days ago cause i liked the description:pinkiehappy: but i still haven't had the chance to read it:twilightsheepish:, But now that its on hiatus I'm reluctant to start reading it because I've had bad experiences where the hiatus turns into a canceled and they live me hanging.:ajsleepy::pinkiesad2:
So I'll ask you a straight question.:ajbemused: will this story end up being cancel?
be it by lack of time, inspiration, or will to finish it

Comment posted by Nyx Ali deleted Aug 23rd, 2016

Why did you cancel it😭?! It was getting good!

Login or register to comment