• Published 11th Mar 2015
  • 1,043 Views, 5 Comments

Earthsong RariTwi short story - Crescent_Blues



A short story based on the bodyguard!verse by Earthsong9405. Rarity goes through court and does her best to keep her emotions hidden from Twilight, not knowing almost everypony is the castle is crossing their hooves for them to be together

  • ...
2
 5
 1,043

I lied. Still Earthsong, but this time Zombie-AU

Snow was falling thickly on the clearing where 3 ponies and a dragon were laying refuge in a small tent, shivering in the freezing cold, puffs of air escaping from their mouths as they slept through the snowfall.
Except for one.
Twilight was shaking uncontrollably, crouched as far away from the others as she could, barely daring to breath, her heart pounding.
Her dilated pupils looked at her hands in fear.
The memory kept running through her head.
Over and over she saw herself, rearing in up, her teeth bared, her pupil’s feral slits, spit flying from her mouth, her hands...her hands slowly...slowing closing...closing...around Rairty’s throat... less than an hour later the zombies swarming to the house hearing her feral yell of rage…
She clutched her hands to her chest and shook so hard she felt her heart skip, her teeth clenched tight, her eyes threatening to spill tears.
For the first times in years, Twilight whimpered.
She whimpered and was afraid.
Afraid of herself and what she could do. What she would do.
Tears finally did spill from her eyes, her nails digging into her palm, her mouth tasting the blood from her tongue as she bit down on it.
“...Twilight?”
She whipped around, tears flying from her eyes, splattering onto the shirt of the mare in front of her.
Rarity’s face, if possible, was paler and whiter than usual with shock, her mouth open in a small ‘o’.
The white unicorn slowly reached her hand up to Twilight’s face and cupped her jaw.
“Twilight, darling, what’s wrong?”
Twilight said nothing, not trusting her voice to work and just leaned forward, falling towards Rarity.
The white mare grabbed her and held her up and she shuffled towards Rarity and slowly put her arms around her.
Rarity stroked Twilight’s back as the older mare put her knees to the ground and cried into her shoulder. Rarity sang softly to her, the lullaby she had taught Sweetie Belle rolling off her tongue.
“I almost killed you, Rarity…”The voice was muffled from the cloth of her shirt, but the mare for once didn’t care about her clothing.
“But you didn’t, sweetheart.” Rarity whispered.
“But I almost did.”
“Sweetheart.”Rarity lifted Twilight’s head off her shoulder and stared into her eyes.”You didn’t kill me. I’m here. Breathing. Alive.” Twilight finally locked eyes with her.
“But I brought the zombies to us…” She whispered.
“I don’t care darling. All that matters is that you’re okay. We’re all okay.” Rarity kissed the tip of Twilight’s nose and wiped away her tears.
“Darling, I don’t care.All I want is for you to be okay.You didn’t kill me. I’m okay. We’re all okay, Twilight. I just want you to be okay."


Sweetie and Spike awoke to Twilight's head in Rarity's lap and Rarity leaning over Twilight's shoulders in way the looked kind of painful when a hand knocked Spike on the nose who in reflex hit Sweetie Belle in the arm late in the night.But no one cared. Spike and Sweetie added to pile and just went to sleep, all blissfully unaware of the Apocalypse in the place of dreams.

Author's Note:

Sorry for lying. But I had another one.

Comments ( 1 )

dude it would be awesome if you could do another one. this was epic. maybe if you can. could you do a version of the au zombie world. with rainbowdash and fluttershy? that would be awesome.

Login or register to comment