• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 1,251 Views, 6 Comments

Apple Shindigs and Rainbow Rockers - arcanelexicon



Applejack and Rainbow Dash, in need of new material for the Rainbooms, head to their nearest record store.

  • ...
0
 6
 1,251

For Those About To Rock

“Is this the place, Rainbow?" asked an eager Applejack.

Applejack was excited. Upon hearing from Vinyl Scratch about the record store downtown, she and Rainbow Dash immediately planned a trip in the hopes that they would be able to get some new (and cheap) albums to listen to. The Rainbooms needed to expand their repertoire after all.

“It sure is, AJ!" beamed Rainbow Dash. Welcome to the Slightly Used Virgin All Records Super Emporium! Or as I like to call it, the S-U-V AR...“

Applejack whacked Rainbow on the head to stop her from finishing. Whether she meant it or not, Rainbow’s brashness sometimes led to problems in public.

“Oops! Sorry bout that, AJ!”

The duo entered the store. What was inside was an audiophile’s wet dream. Row upon row of vinyl records lined the store. The store claimed to have every song in stock, everything from re-mastered LP’s to the newest, highest quality digital formats.The best part was that a lot of the records and songs didn't cost them their souls.

“I think we should split up, Sugarcube. It would make things a whole lot faster. Finding the stuff we need for the Rainbooms in this place is kinda like looking for a needle in a haystack!” suggested Applejack.

“Good idea AJ! You search over there, and I’ll start over here!” replied Rainbow Dash.

Applejack started browsing the records.”Oh look! Weird Al Yankovic! I love this guy!”

“Yeah, and from what I heard, he voiced somebody in a cartoon!”

Applejack continued browsing the vinyls. “You don’t say? Anyways, what’s that song we looking for again?”

“I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For!” replied Rainbow Dash.

Applejack huffed. “Yes, I know that you haven’t found what you’re looking for, Rainbow, now tell me the title of the song you wanted!”

Rainbow dash shrugged. “Like I said, it’s “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For!””

Applejack facepalmed. “Now you’re just confusing me there, Sugarcube. What else we looking for?

“Uhm, Every Little Thing, and Everything You Want!” said Rainbow Dash nonchalantly.

Applejack was slowly getting flustered. “Now you’re just pulling my leg, how could I look for every little thing AND everything I want? C’mon RD, stop kidding around will ya?! How about this song? It’s uhmm...Make Up Your Mind.”

“I did make up my mind AJ! Here, let me say it clearly! Look for “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For,” ” Every Little Thing” and “Everything You Want!””

“Goshdarnit RD, you’re not making any sense! Look, why not give me some other titles! Those things you said just don’t make sense!”

“Alright how about “Say What You Want” and “Say It Isn’t So!””

Applejack threw her Stetson down in frustration. “Darn it, Rainbow! I have no idea what you’re talking about! Here, why don’t we look for something I like, something like “For All The Cows?””

“That wouldn’t work. We’re a rock band remember? We’re supposed to rock and sound awesome!”

“But it is rock! You never heard of Moo Fighters?”

“They're called Foo Fighters! Also, they’re nothing compared to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers!”

“Yeah but you’re Chilli Peppers would get eaten alive by Rammstein!”

“Fine! Can we please stop bickering, and get to the kiss and make up part?” Rainbow then blew a kiss to Applejack who answered with a blush.

Rainbow went back to browsing the various mp3's. “So, let’s get to back to looking for stuff!" Rainbow started reading the titles of the mp3's aloud. "Let’s see...”Truthfully,” “Just Between The Two of Us,” “I Wanna Be Your Lover,” ”I Do.”

Applejack couldn’t believe what she heard. Did Rainbow just propose to her? Rainbow “Professional” Dash? Rainbow "Daring" Dash? Rainbow "Lips Of An Angel" Dash?!

Applejack was confused. “Are you sure about that, Sugarcube?”

It was at that moment that Rainbow Dash found something that she was indeed looking for. “YES!!!” shouted Rainbow Dash, “I BELIEVE IN LOVE! WOHOO!!!”

Applejack just couldn’t believe it! Something in her head burst, and her heart was all aflutter and she fainted.

Rainbow Dash didn’t hear Applejack fall to the ground as she now had earphones on her, and was singing her heart out to some random tracks.

Soon enough, night started to embrace the world. Rainbow Dash took off the headphones, collected the records she found, and then headed to the counter to pay for her stuff. Seeing that Applejack was nowhere to be found, she started looking for her friend. She found Applejack “sleeping” on the floor and woke her up.

"Come on AJ, wake up! You hear that song? It’s "Closing Time." Let’s start heading out.”

Applejack shook her head to regain her senses. “You do know what that song means right?”

“Yeah, it’s by Third Eye Blind, and it means that it’s closing time!”

“Actually Rainbow, it’s by Semisonic, and it’s about fatherhood. This room won’t be open till your brothers or your sisters come is actually referring to the mother’s womb being closed after the baby leaves it.”

Rainbow Dash scratched her chin. “Hmm I never knew..”

Seeing that she had Rainbow’s full undivided attention, Applejack asked Rainbow the most important question for the day. “Did you mean everything you said earlier?"

Rainbow Dash raised her eyebrow. “You mean the one about Many Pieces of Large Fuzzy Animals Gathered Together At A Rave and Schmoozing With a Brick?”

Applejack facepalmed. “What?! What does that even...No! What I mean to say is you said something about you wanting to be my lover?”

Rainbow blushed “I uh, uhm, ahhh....oh look at the time!” Rainbow then dashed towards the exit. Stopping by the doors, she motioned for her friend to follow her. “Let’s go already, we don’t want our friends asking where have all the cowboys gone now would we? I’m heading out, with or without you! And as for the answer, let’s just say that someday we’ll know!”

Applejack sighed. “I don’t want to wait for our lives to be over, I want to know right know what would it be..” Applejack sighed again. “Let it go, AJ, someday we’ll know, and I'm pretty sure our love will be written in the stars.

Applejack then took off after Rainbow. “Hey RD! Don’t you forget about me!”

Author's Note:

This was inspired by the classic comedy sketch "Who's On First" by Abbott and Costello.

I'd like to thank EbonHaste for his help in proofreading and suggesting song titles.

Now, for those of you who want to listen to the songs, here they are based on the order that they are mentioned in the fic:

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
Every Little Thing - Dishwalla
Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon
Make Up Your Mind - Theory of a Deadman
Say What You Want - Texas
Say It Isn't So - Bon Jovi
For All The Cows - Foo Fighters
Truthfully - Lisa Loeb
Just Between The Two of Us - Merle Haggard & Bonnie Owens
I Wanna Be Your Lover - Prince (no youtube video)
I Do - Lisa Loeb
Lips of an Angel - Hinder
I Believe In Love - Paula Cole
Closing Time - Semisonic (NOT Third Eye Blind)
Many Pieces of Large Fuzzy Animals Gathered Together At A Rave and Schmoozing With a Brick - Man or Astroman
Where Have All The Cowboy's Gone - Paula Cole
With or Without You - U2
Someday We'll Know - New Radicals (clearly the best version there is)
I Don't Want To Wait - Paula Cole
Let It Go - Idina Menzel (from Frozen)
Written in the Stars - Tinie Tempah featuring Eric Turner

We hope you enjoy this fic and that you give it an upvote if you like it. Thank you very much!

Comments ( 6 )

Applejack threw her Stetson down in frustration. “Darn it AJ, I have no idea what you’re talking about! Here, why don’t we look for something I like, something, like “For All The Cows?””

Hmm... something's amiss. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Aj talking to dashie here? If so then she should've said 'Darn it RD' instead.

Makes sense if it was dashie who made this reply:

“That wouldn’t work. We’re a rock band remember? We’re supposed to rock and sound awesome!”

Seeing that she had Rainbow’s full undivided attention, Applejack asked Rainbow the most important question for the day. “Did you mean everything you said earlier, about you wanting to be my lover?” (Yeah this needs work)

I agree. Why not place another song title here? (Or is it there already?).

Also why not have applejack parse her question like this:

Aj - "Btw, Rd, Did you really mean everything you said earlier?"

Rd - what are you talking about? (Or another song title asking the same question)

Aj - about you wanting to be my lover?”

Rainbow blushed “I uh, uhm, ahhh....oh look at the time!” Rainbow then dashed towards the exit. Stopping by the doors, she motioned for her friend to follow her.

That way it's more of an exchange between the two.

I've done a dramatic read on this fan fic

5698510

Thanks! Noted and credited.

I cant believe this didn't register in any of my notifications whenvit officially luanched :facehoof:

Great work arcanelexicon. Appreciate the mention but i didn't really do much to deserve it :twilightsheepish:

Anyway any news on our favorite pseudopsychologist? I really miss the guy :derpytongue2:

6007362

Working on a clopfic for the guy....now if only i knew where to start....i have the ideas but little clue on how to expound on them

Login or register to comment