• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 2,001 Views, 78 Comments

A Taste Of Honey - IDigAPony



There are some lessons Twilight learned in her first couple of weeks in Ponyville that would NEVER go into a letter to Princess Celestia...

Comments ( 19 )

...This doesn't have futa in it, does it?

8471000
No, alas there is none. But Twilight does use her tongue to great effect...

:ajsmug:First of all...

“I-I never realized what…” she whispered breathlessly.

“...a kiss could be?” sighed Twilight. She smiled and gently kissed her again.“I can’t believe how lucky I am.”

... what you did there, I saw it:raritywink:.

Well:derpytongue2:, now let's talk about the chapter... :moustache::moustache:I have nothing else to say other than I enjoyed every minute I spent reading it, it was cute and sexy, :ajsmug::heart::twilightblush:, to see that their relation reached the climax (what I did there even I saw it), was great, the way you write Twilight being the one to take the reins and then the shift to Applejack was a good touch. :twilightsmile:

Now, it's time to wait for what I think will be the conclusion:fluttercry:, or perhaps you still have some more ideas that we will read first:rainbowderp:, only you know what will happen next, I'll be waiting for it. :yay:

P.S. I'm kind of still worried at how the rest of their friends will react.

8478277
Thank you!
I really tried to stay as close to the characters as I could. I asked my wife (yes I’m married and my wife is totally cool with my writing) how she thought the whole “pussy” thing worked. She said it was a little weird, imagining Applejack uttering “pussy,” but without it, you lose some of the taboo parts of sex which is a lot of what makes it fun. Now I wonder if Twilight would have whispered it to her and they would have started giggling... No, she was too into teaching.
I worked sooo hard :facehoof: {please tell me you did not just write that...} on this chapter. The first revision went straight to the sex and a re-read several days later showed it was like most clop. Twilight approaches it from a student's perspective which ended up being their version of foreplay. The fun part of their lives now will be that the genie is out of the bottle and they both will have to fight the urge to reveal their feelings for each other (both emotionally and physically) while in front of their friends.
Sooo...
In answer to what everyone is wondering for the future...

My initial premise for this story: What if, on the show, the two of them are having a passionate affair behind everypony’s back but keeping it hidden.

Example - (of course) The night before going to Rainbow Falls for the swap meet, the two had snuck off for some fun. During the afterglow, Applejack muses what it would (will? LOL) be like to be married to a princess. How they two of them would be showered with confetti and cheers wherever they went. Twilight laughs at how silly that sounds.

AJ says “Uh-huh - you’ll go in with that goofy grin you get when you’re embarrassed”

“GOOFY GRIN?!!!” :twilightoops: Twilight replied, both hurt and angry,

“eYup,” Applejack went on, “and I’ll be looking all sexy and smug because I’m married to the hottest, smartest, cutest, best lover in all of Equestra, and they’ll all know it!”:ajsmug: [see my avatar.] :twilightblush: (Afterglow is suddenly over...)

Back you your opening statement
You know the funny thing is I wonder how many people “...see... what I’m doing...” (AHHH CAN’T STOP!!!) That whole Beatles thing. My name and the fact that all my titles are Beatles songs and all the Beatles references. A part of why I started the whole thing is that I feel there is such a strong connection between The Beatles and the Ponies. George Harrison once said that where The Beatles left off, he felt that Monty Python picked up. I think if you were looking for the sort of joy that The Beatles generated, you wouldn’t find a better example than MLP:Fim. I’ve read enough about them and listened to enough Beatle chatter in the Abby road studios from YouTube to know without a doubt that they would all have been fans of the show. I mean without a doubt. If someone turned Paul and Ringo onto it now I know they’d love it, and I’m generally a very uncertain guy.
I’m beginning to wonder if I should I’ll break away from that... More descriptive titles would probably get more readers. What I could do is to start modifying the titles but open the chapter with a stanza from a Beatle song...

8497929
You know what?:rainbowhuh: Those faces they made on that chapter make more sense after reading your reply:rainbowderp:, I proclaim what you just said as canon:moustache:, and no one will be able to make me change my mind:ajsmug:.

8500923
Best
Compliment
Ever!

Ye gods, but Equestria needs a decent sex-ed curriculum.

-The Wonders

I think you'll find that it's actually pronounced The Oh-NEED-ers.

8511558
Oooo- great idea for a story! Don't know if you've seen the last two episodes of season 7 but there is a character who shows up who, upon making the same observation regarding their lack of knowledge in this area, could be insistent on teaching them. Hilarity may well ensue...

8511879
Starswirl? Somnambula? 'Cause I doubt either onea them have any idea what to do with the thing between their own legs much less be able to tell a couple'a chicks what to do with the things between theirs. Meadowbrook maybe? Though I don't see what's inherently funny about a doctor teaching about sexual health.

That's all I can think of, though. I can't see Egyptian-horse, East-Asian-horse, or Viking-horse giving a shit. And Magnus will be too preoccupied with mourning the fact that his only descendant is a waifu-thief with a bad haircut.

8511944
I was positing the idea that after spending some time in present day Equestria, the old wizard begins to wonder why it is that none of the six have coltfriends. He discovers that they're utterly clueless about sex. Having kept a secret journal about his many sexual exploits, he decides to hold classes on the subject. His approach and their reactions could be pretty funny.
Also, Rock Hoof is Scoltish, not Viking.

8660199

Oh, I totally agree that Twilight's a prude. In my main Shadow Wars Story Verse I have Twilight and Luna fall in love due to a Reincarnation Romance, and between Twilight's prudishness and Luna's immortal patience and desire not to scare her off, it takes years for them to become lovers.

8660220
That sounds great - I look forward to reading it. It's funny, and I wonder if other writers have this problem - in writing about this pairing I've spent so much time thinking about why they work together and thus love each other that the idea of them being with another bothers me.

8660220
I keep thinking about the whole age/masturbation thing :ajsmug::facehoof:you mentioned and then remembered that your point is exactly what makes me love the characters so much and love the show.
The characters are all so completely defined - far more than characters in a lot of TV shows. Except for one thing - romance/sex. They are entering their sexual prime and they're all very cute and lively and believable which is why there are tens of thousands of stories, videos and songs, and over 100,00 pieces of, well, mature art. I think it's due, in large part, to that "glaringly" missing aspect - romance and sex-it's something that a lot of fans feel the need to address. So how do we reconcile that to the show? As a writer I gradually introduced them to it so that I can take my reader from the Ponies they know to the sexual loving beings that we all know are deep within them. All my Twijack stories do that. (With the exception of The Gift of the Ponies)
I love doing it too.

8660220
Do you know the song "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter? There is a line after "you take a blue sky holiday..." that sounds like something some of us at Fimfic can seriously relate to. Just wondering what that lyric sounds like to you...

8660627

I've written parts of it, though not the actual consummation. Pretty much every story I've written on this site in which Luna is a character refers in some way shape or form to her love for Twilight Sparkle. The exceptions to that rule would be The Death of Tiamat and Alicorn Genesis, mostly because they are actually about the cosmic selves of the characters.

8665056

I think you're right.

While there are various ways you can interpret Equestrian culture and the degree of sexual and romantic experience of the Mane Six, it is kind of strange that none of them are even courting, not even in a restrained manner. That is almost completely in artifact of the age rating of the show combined with the original dicta of Lauren Faust, who didn't want to write a romance story, and furthermore thought that the show would be lucky to last three seasons.

Staying away from romantic themes was plausible given a fairly short run. Especially since seasons 1 to 3 were meant to take place over a single year, it is quite possible that six very busy characters did not actually fall in love with anyone. What is more, the major really long running romantic arc in vanilla canon -- Spike and Rarity -- was very limited by Spike's age in the short period covered. The other one -- Fluttershy and Discord -- had just gotten started, and was still in the stage where Discord tended to see Fluttershy more as a worthy opponent than a love interest.

But the complete avoidance of any romantic involvement makes less and less sense the longer the show runs. I have no problem believing that all six of the main characters are either virginal or at least would regard sexual involvement as very serious. They are, after all, literal embodiments of virtue. But it's really improbable that they wouldn't even like anyone that way. They are not standoffish Ponies.

The specific romance you focused on in your story -- Twilight Sparkle and Applejack -- strikes me as fairly plausible. In vanilla canon they are definitely very close friends, even by the standards of their group. Basically, Twilight Sparkle and Applejack are Kindred Spirits, despite the differences of kind and social class, to a degree that shows up strongly even in the first season. They are both fundamentally serious-minded, highly benevolent, and extremely honorable. It is a very obvious why they strongly respect one another. Furthermore, they are both people who would only become romantically involved with someone they really respected.

I really like Applejack. I haven't focused on her that much in my writings, but I think that of all the Mane 6, she's the one who would actually make the best friend in real life. She is strong, decent, brave, hardworking, tough, and sweet. She has an excellent sense of humor and is extremely protective of anyone she cares for.

I have a story, Dragonshyness, which is basically a retelling of "Dragonshy," and thus focuses a lot on Fluttershy. However, just as in the original episode comma Applejack gets to shine. Specifically here:

Twilight Sparkle was desperately racing toward safety, but she was in the middle of a major fall of huge boulders. Her senses were wide open, her mind attempting to keep track of all the trajectories, discern the patterns the knowledge of which would mean the difference between death and survival. But it was all too complex, too chaotic.

A house-sized boulder descended toward her from ahead and to the right; she dodged left slightly to let it miss her by half a body-length, then raced forward before it could roll onto her. There was a another huge crash farther ahead and to the right of her -- she thought she was safe but then something flashed right in front of her face, nearly grazing her muzzle. It was not foresight, but sheer dumb luck which saved her at that moment.

"Oh no," she said, realizing that her intelligence had failed her, that she had lived through that instant by blind chance -- and that the boulders were falling around her with increasing rapidity. "Help!" she called out uselessly, feeling her courage beginning to give way in a situation where her mind was useless, where her strength and agility were not enough, where the one thing her knowledge told her was that the odds were rapidly mounting against her survival.

She bounded forward, and realized her mistake a moment too late -- she could see the biggest boulder yet falling right for the spot upon which she was about to land. She shrank back, but there was no way to change her course -- time slowed to a crawl as Twilight realized she was going to die, her adventure ending here ...

... and an orange blur came from her right and powerful forelegs picked her up as if she were no more than a foal, bearing her out of the danger zone. Twilight's head turned to see Applejack somehow running on her hind legs alone, leaning far forward in a position rendered even semi-stable only by the immense speed and strength of Applejack's hindquarters. Applejack tucked Twilight into her own belly and rolled, taking the bruising impact of flesh against stone with her own hips and back and shoulders, not letting her leader so much as scrape a limb against the rough surfaces until their speed had slowed sufficiently to render it gentle.

An immense cloud of dust whipped over them both and everything went dark for a while.

This scene actually takes place in the original, though the original episode downplays just how close Twilight Sparkle came to death. The way that Applejack and Twilight Sparkle react in the aftermath is also really sweet, even if you interpret it as purely friendship.

Hope you're doing well, and also hope to read more from you soon.

I just finished the last chapter and I've been enjoying the story so far. I hope there will be more soon :rainbowwild:

Just passing by to say that, c'mon man, another two years have gone already, where's my update? :raritycry::fluttercry:

Login or register to comment