• Published 4th Feb 2015
  • 6,236 Views, 551 Comments

Friendship is Life - alejin



After managed to keep living, Alex is back to have more adventures in Equestria and try to find out if he wants to stay or not, welcome to Friendship is Life!.

  • ...
24
 551
 6,236

Chapter 12, Finally! the day has come

Author's Note:

Ok, the Opening ceremony, Next chapter, the matches start, will Alex be able to win this or he will fail? stay with us to find out.
One more time, thanks Zombie Garka for an excellent edition.
Please comment.

P.S. We miss you CM Punk!

The day for the Coliseum Tournament opening ceremony had arrived, everyone was looking for their seats inside Canterlot’s Coliseum. The competitors were in their rooms, getting ready for their entrance. Inside one of these rooms, a human and a little dragon were wearing their new clothes and faker gear; storing their original armor and weapons inside some boxes.

“I’m so nervous Alex, the day has finally come – Spike said – do you think Twilight will get it done?”

“Yeah! I believe in her, we only need to stay calm and do everything like we practiced last night.”

“You think they will like it, it seems a bit different.”

“Well, I hope so, but whether they like it or not, it’s something I always wanted to do and I’m sure I will never have the chance to do it again.”

“Ok brother. Let’s do it!” – Spike exclaimed.

The coliseum was full; all the competitors were leaving their rooms. Alex and Spike decided not to go out yet since they would be the last ones to be introduced to the public. Meanwhile, sitting in their special places, the rulers from the participant countries were having a conversation.

“This better be worth it!” - Aguilex said.

“I agree. After waiting for so long I hope this human is worthy of our time and effort.” - The ruler of Zebrica replied.

Princess Celestia heard them speaking and said:

“Don’t worry, I don’t know what he is planning to do but it will definitely be incredible!”

After saying this, Princess Celestia, Luna and Cadence flew towards the center of the coliseum and landed in the middle of the fighting platform. Twilight was already there. Princess Celestia used her Canterlot Voice to speak to the crowd.

“My Fellow guests from all the regions of the world. Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, Princess Twilight and I welcome all of you to Equestria to celebrate the 150th Coliseum Tournament. I’m sure all of us will watch amazing fights between the best warriors from all around the world. And tonight, a good friend of mine will finally show himself in front of all of you!”

Everyone in the place cheered in excitement.

“Now, all of us please welcome our competitors!”

The Royal Orchestra started playing Equestria’s anthem; everyone in the place went silent as a sign of respect as the equestrian competitors started walking into the coliseum. Rainbow Dash was the one carrying the flag; it was obvious she was excited to have this honor.

The next ones to enter the coliseum were the Griffins. Some of them were marching while others were making stunts that would make the Wonderbolts jealous. The Razors Twins were the ones carrying their flag.

Right after them, the horses from Saddle Sarabia proceeded to enter; trotting slow and synchronized, all of the warriors had a serious expression on their faces. The one carrying their flag was the Maximus Heart.

The anthem during the Zebras entrance was unique, drums, flutes and gongs; it was a tribal song that sounded amazing. The Zebra carrying the flag looked like a strong warrior, he was the same size as a Pony stallion, his hair was long and had some rings around his neck and front legs.

Now, it was the Cristal Ponies entrance; it was a unique show all of them were marching and the one in front of all was carrying the Cristal heart with him. The citizens from Canterlot were shouting and cheering for them.

The Bisons were the next ones, they looked big and strong. Their anthem was full of the traditional feeling only a proud tribe can have, all of them wearing war paint and feather bands.

Finally the Minotaurs made their entrance, their anthem sounded like a war song, it was clear for everypony that they liked fights. The Minotaurs were dangerous creatures, Bright courage in the middle of the marching formation; he looked so confident and calm.

When all the competitors were out, they formed in lines waiting around the fighting platform. All of them were looking at the entrance, as the audience, they were waiting for the last to competitors to arrive. After some minutes, the crowd started to get impatient.

“Hey! Where is he! Where is the human? – They started shouting - Yeah! And where is the dragon too? You promised us they would show up tonight!”

“Where’s the human?! Where’s the human?!”

The Princesses and the Elements, started to worry, not for the crowd but for their friend’s safety. Princess Celestia was about to send the Royal Guards to look for them when suddenly, the sound of a beautiful anthem was all over the place, it was odd since the orchestra wasn’t even playing, no one could identify where was this music coming from. The source of the music was Alex’s laptop, Twilight casted a sound amplification spell on it. The anthem was in a strange language only one particular pony could understand, she was smiling and even let some tears come out. This Mint Green pony was the only one in the audience who knew what was coming.

The crow became quiet as soon as this music started to play, after some minutes the music stopped. Everypony was confused; nopony entered the coliseum while the music was still playing. Some ponies were about to start yelling again but another song started.

The strong voice of the singer got into everyone’s head, they liked the rhythm and its lyrics, some of them even started to sing along “… I am the cult of personality!”

“It is time my friend…” – The voice of the dragon made a rush of adrenaline run through his bloodstream as he walked out.

The audience and all of the Rulers from around the world turned around to look at him. He was tall, not as much as a Minotaur but still taller than a pony. A little purple dragon was standing next to him. Both of them were wearing strange clothes and were armed to the teeth; his clothes were black and grey, while the dragon was wearing red and green armor. They both had the same strange logo that looked like an “A” on their armor and on the hoods that were covering their faces.

All their friends were cheering from their seats, Fluttershy, Lyra and Sweetie bell crying out of excitement, Pinkie pie was shooting her party cannon, Rarity didn’t want to admit it, but those clothes looked really cool. She couldn’t stop looking at Spike – “Why can’t I stop looking at him?” – She said to herself.

The human was carrying two flags, one on each of his shoulders. Equestria’s flag and the other was one nopony had seen before, it was cyan and white, it had a leaf crown, a scroll and a beautiful green bird in the middle. Spike was carrying Equestria’s flag. They started walking towards the rest of the competitors. Everypony was just looking at them without saying a word. Maximus Heart was the one to break the silence:

“Halt strange creature, you too dragon!” – He broke the line and got in their way.

Alex and Spike ignored him and kept walking, Maximus Heart didn’t take his eyes off them and so did the rest of the competitors. He felt his pride was hurt as these two walked past him without even looking at him. The princesses were waiting for them in the middle of the coliseum. Alex and Spike got to the fighting platform and planted their flags in the ground; they kept walking until they were in front of the princesses. They bowed and smiled at them.

Alex took a microphone out of one of his pockets and turned to the crowd. He cleared his throat, took a deep breath and said:

“KEPT YOU WAITING UH?”

Everypony started to cheer; Fluttershy, Sweetie Bell and Pinkie Pie were jumping on their seats. Princess Luna got next to him and said:

“YOU KEPT US WAITING MY FRIEND. NOW ALLOW ME THE HONOR... WELCOME BACK TO CANTERLOT, ALEX THE HERO!”

“I’m no Hero Princess Luna; I’m just another competitor, nothing less, nothing more.”

Another cheer was heard from the crowd; Alex turned to them again and said:

“Thank you! My name is Alejandro and I’m here to win this tournament! - He turned to the competitors - I hope to have a fair competition with all of you my friends!”

Most of the competitors nodded. Bright Courage walked out of the group and stopped in front of Alex, they stared at each other and to everyone’s surprise he extended his hand to Alex and said:

“May the best warrior win Alejandro!” – Alex smiled and shook his hand.

“Yes, Mr. Bright Courage, It will be an honor to face you here!”

Another cheer was heard from the audience. Alex and Spike proceeded to join the rest of the competitors. Many of them were asking him random questions; some were kept their distance while others were looking at him with fascination or disgust.

---

“I have to admit, he is quite cute. I hope he has experience otherwise I will be more than happy to guide him.”

---

“You dared to ignore me freak, I will destroy you!”

---

“Please mother of all Zebras, give me the chance to face him, I hope he is strong!”

---

After some minutes, the fireworks started. It was an incredible display to announce the beginning of the tournament.

“Well everycreature, the opening ceremony is over. Don’t forget, tomorrow we will have the eliminatory rounds to choose the best eight warriors for the adult and youth sections, have a nice sleep and come back tomorrow.” – Princess Luna said to the audience.

Everycreature proceeded to leave the stadium. Alex and Spike were exhausted, both of them had to answer lots of questions from either fans or the other competitors. While leaving the place, Alex and Spike came across Maximus Heart.

“So you finally decided to show up? - He looked at Alex showing disgust on his face - Uhg! You are really ugly! How can you come out looking like that? I don’t blame you for waiting so long to show your face…”

Alex didn’t say a thing.

“Cat ate your tongue freak?”

“C’mon Spike, we need to go with our friends.” – Spike nodded and both of them started walking. Once again they ignored him and left him behind. Maximus Heart couldn’t stand it.

“Hey! How you dare to ignore me? Don’t you know who I am?”

“Don’t know, don’t care, I just know you are one of my rivals, one I really, really want to take down; a friend of mine told me the kind of asshole you are, I have nothing to say to the likes of you!”

“I WILL HUMILIATE YOU HUMAN!”

“No! You won’t, as my friend told you yesterday, pray not to face me; I will not forget what you did to my friends! See you later pathetic so-called superstar.”

Alex and Spike kept walking, leaving an angry horse behind; when they got out, they found lots of creatures outside waiting for them. PixelBerry was amongst the crowd and the orphans were with her.

“Can we have your signature? Please…”

Alex and Spike knew they wouldn’t go to bed early that night. Some hours later, once they were done signing pictures and answering questions from the fans that gathered in the place, they started their way to the dorm room.


“So tomorrow is the big day, right Alex?”

“Yes my friend. I hope I do fine. I’m sure you will rock in your category.”
“Thanks Alex! I’ll do my best, I promise. I just hope this impresses Rarity”

“I’m sure it will. Who knows, maybe by the end of this tournament you will have your little filly friend with you!”

“Hahahaha! Maybe, I still hope it was Rarity, but as you say, that is in fate’s hands?”

“Right! Now, let’s go sleep, I’m dead tired.”

“Me too!”

They got to their rooms and said good night. Alex put his head on the pillow and tried to get as comfortable as possible. He closed his eyes and got ready to sleep. While he had a lot of things in mind, one of them was above the rest:

“I will give it all tomorrow!”