• Published 4th Feb 2015
  • 6,217 Views, 551 Comments

Friendship is Life - alejin



After managed to keep living, Alex is back to have more adventures in Equestria and try to find out if he wants to stay or not, welcome to Friendship is Life!.

  • ...
24
 551
 6,217

Chapter 3, Pink and Apples

Author's Note:

The third one, sorry if it's a little short, It was supposed to be a whole chapter meeting everypony but for lack of time, I made it in two parts. hope you enjoy it. cya next week. . . I hope.
please comment.

After coming back to Equestria by going through the light on the Oak Tree, Alex managed to bring some stuff in a truck he hid inside a cave near Sister's Old Castle. He was so tired from what happened that he decided to unload these things on the next day.

He entered the Castle and went straight into his old room. It hadn't changed at all, everything was still there in its place, as there were also the memories from the last time he was in Equestria. Thinking about all of these, he went to sleep. On the next morning, Celestia's Sun was shinning as bright as always, everything was warm and calm. Despite all of the things he went through in Equestria, Alex still missed the place: "Everything is so peaceful and calm here, I wish it was the same back on Earth".

After having some breakfast, he went back to the cave and got ready to unload the things he brought with him. It would be a difficult task if it wasn't for Luna and the detailed explanation about basic Equestrian magic she gave him:


"Alex, there are three basic types of magic in Equestria: Telekinesis, Written Spells and Spell Casting:

Telekinesis is based on the user's determination, focus and will power. Somepony using Telekinesis has to clear the mind and focus on the object they want to move.

The second one, Written Spells. is performed by reading a magical spell written by a powerful magic user. It doesn't require to much from the one reading it, besides from the knowledge of what the spell will do in order to avoid desastruous consequenses.

The last one is the most difficult of the three, Spell Casting. It is not necessary for the user to recite the name of the spell they are casting. Instead, it is required to learn and memorize somethings we call RUNES. By thinking on different runes you can "cast" powerful spells that vary depending on the runes you are focusing on and the order you give them. Knowing their exact meaning and order is necessary for you to get the desired results, otherwise the spell will simply not work or worse, it might end up back-firing.

Some ponies have a natural talent for casting spells, like Rarity using her Gem Finder Spell or Shinning Armor and his Force Field Spell. We do not know everything about magic yet, for it seems it has its own favorite users (Twilight is a very good example of this).

Alex, please keep in mind that emotions are very important when using magic, if a heart is in peace and harmony, the spells will feel the same. But if the one casting a spell has a corrupted heart or is full of hate, the spell will be dangerous and destructive.

The medallion I gave you, will let you canalize magic just like everypony else in Equestria, please take good care of it."


While reading these things Alex, remembered how Twilight used a Written spell in the third season finale or how Celestia and Twilight were able to use Dark Magic without any problems, "maybe there is a way to fool one's own mind into thinking it is corrupted so Dark Magic can be used", not that he wanted to use Dark Magic anytime soon but he was curious about it. Luckily, Luna’s explanation included a lot of "runes" for him to learn and memorize so he could cast different spells:

"Teleportation, Gem Finder, Force Field, Moustache Growing...

Moustache Growing? hahahaha! Thank you Luna, I guess."

Bringing the boxes out of his truck and moving them into Sister's Old Castle was an easy task thanks to the detailed instructions Luna gave him on her letter. Alex was very impressed on how easy it was for him to learn to use Telekinesis, he became a true "professional" after practicing every single day during a month. Even though he suffered from painful headaches during the first week, they disappeared as he kept on practicing. He also practiced some other spells and how to use the runes written on Luna's letter.


"Memorizing this runes reminds me of Naruto's hand positions" - Alex thought.


Alex remembered the night he tried to use a Teleportation Spell. To make it work, he had to memorize six diferent runes. In theory, it wasn't that hard, but doing it while focusing all of his magic in his horn and thinking on the place he wanted to go to was very dificult. He focused on every single rune and the order he had to use them. When he was done, he was able to teleport but instead of going into his living room as he wanted, he ended up floating some meters above his dinner table; the noise he made when he fell on it was so loud that it woke up one of his neighbors. Fearing that he would come looking for him, Alex took off his pendant, immediately turning into human again.

"Sorry for making so much noise! I just came to my kitchen looking for a glass of water and endded up breaking some dishes." He told his neighbor who was already near his kitchen window trying to see what had happened.


"I just hope you are ok son, I better go back to sleep now." - His neighbor said.


Alex thought it would be better not to use that spell again. At least, not without enough practice.


"Twilight makes it look so easy, she must be a genius!"


Once Alex was done moving every box into the biggest room in the Castle, he sealed the entrance with rocks. He hand't realized how late it was, it took him almost all of the day to finish the job. Feeling tired, possibly because of using Telekinesis during most of the day, made him want to sleep.

"I hope my friends like the gifts I brought for them!" He said before closing his eyes.


PONYVILLE (SugarCube Corner)

Pinkie Pie having everything ready for a party at her place. There were lots of balloons, board games, snacks and music,. Seeing this, Mrs Cake said:

“Pinkie dear, why are you preparing a party? You met somepony new today?”

“Nope, its not a somepony new. My Pinkie Sense showed me that will see somepony special to me that I haven´t seen in a while.”

“Oh! Ok. If your Pinkie sense says so, then continue dear. I hope it’s a good pony.”

“Trust me! If it was a meanie ponie, my Pinkie Sense wouldn´t be like this.”

“Ok Pinkie Pie, I won´t make you waste your time anymore. Save me some cake.”

“Okidokilokie”

-----

Everything was set, it was the time. Alex was ready to go to Ponyville and see everypony again. He wanted so much to let them know he was still ALIVE! However, he needed to make sure everything was alright (He had killed a pony and didn´t know how everypony felt about it. How would Princess Celestia and Luna feel about it?)

He put on his magical pendant and immediately transformed into a Unicorn, his clothes changed with him as well. He had some doubts about using his clothes, but not using them would leave his Cutie Mark exposed and would blow up his cover.


“I still don´t feel THAT comfortable going around butt-naked anyways.”


He needed some Bits or Gems to buy some supplies so he used Rarity´s Gem Finder Spell, even though he used it for the first time, he was still able to find some Gems before getting tired for using magic.

After walking for a while, he finally arrived to Ponyville. Alex was a little nervious about being recognized, but he managed to pull himself together: “I don´t look like a human being anyways…” The memories of everything that happened in Ponyville were still fresh, he had so many questions in his mind. What would they tell him after finding out he wasn´t dead? How to apologize for killing Blueblood? He took control of his emotions and kept on walking.

Everypony was doing their usual stuff: buying, selling, going to work, even the little ponies were runing around. It seemed as if nothing bad had happened in Equestria.

He was so happy to be there that he couldn´t notice somepony getting close to him from behind. Equestria´s best party planner, one of his best friends, Pinkie Pie was right next to him!


“I have never seen you before”


Alex´s heart stopped beating for a moment, he turned around and saw her. The same look in her eyes! The same bright smile he loved! He wanted so much to tell her who he was and hug her, but he couldn´t do it. Not yet.


“Girl, you are smarter than you look!”


“Thanks!. . . Uh? Where have I heard that? I remember! By any chance, do you know a donkey called Cranky?
“Nope”

“Ok! Here, have this!”


Alex took a coupon from Pinkie´s hooves and stared at it.

“That’s a coupon for a free cupcake at Sugar Cube Corner. The place I work in, you can exchange it after three pm. Please be there on time, ok?”

“(Thank you Pinkie, I know what this all about. I Know you that much)” Alex said to himself. “Really? Thanks Pinkie Pie, I’ll be there at 3:00 pm, I promise!”

Pinkie pie smiled and left him. She then wanted to tell everypony else about the surprise party she had prepared for the somepony special she had just met. But then she realized:

“Mmm I never told him my name. He is a psychic! I WILL HAVE A PSYCHIC FRIEND, YAY!”


Alex was so happy to know that his friend had prepared a “suprise party” for him. After reaching the town´s market he saw some of his friends: Derpy, Mr. Cake, Rose and Colgate. Everypony was looking so happy!

He also saw Applejack and Applebloom selling their famous apples, he got close to them and said:

“Hello Miss and little cutie.”

“Howdy Sir. Ah can see yah are not from here. What brings yah to our humble little town?”

“Just passing by, however I couldn´t allow myself missing the chance to taste one of your famous Sweet Apple Acrees` Apples!”

Applejack blushed a little before answering:

“Yikes! that’s sweet from yah Mr. . . .?”

“Mmm, Axel. Yeah! Thas my name AXEL! (Is that the best you could think of Alex?)”

“Ok Mr. Axel, how many apples would yah like?”

“It depends Miss, do you accept Gems as payment?”

“Bits or Gems are fine sugarcube!”

“Great!”


Alex bought some apples from Applejack and paid with Gems.


“Thank yah very much! Hope to see yah later!” – Applejack said.


Alex nodded, he turned around so he could leave but noticed Applebloom standing infront of him. She was looking at him a little confused.


“What is it little girl? Something on my face?”

“No sir. It’s just that… Have we met before?”

“. . . (Kids in here are smarter than adults) No sweetie, I don’t think so!”

“Oh! ok, sorry, it’s just that yah remind me of somepony else, ah can’t really tell.”

“I see. Well, Trust me on this one, we haven’t met before. See you around!”


Alex left Applebloom and Applejack behind. They kept looking at him until he was out of sight.

“He seems nice, don’t yah think Applejack?”

“Yeah sugarcube, he seems very nice.” Applejack said, with a strange look in her eyes.

“Something wrong sis?”

“Nothing is wrong Applebloom. He seems so nice and everything but…”

“But what Applejack?”

“Nothing! Just forget it.”

“Ok! Look Applejack, more customers!”

Both sisters continued selling more of their delicious apples, but Applejack couldn´t stop thinking:

“(Besides telling the truth about my apples, he lied on everything else. Even his name…

Who are you Axel?)