• Published 4th Feb 2015
  • 6,224 Views, 551 Comments

Friendship is Life - alejin



After managed to keep living, Alex is back to have more adventures in Equestria and try to find out if he wants to stay or not, welcome to Friendship is Life!.

  • ...
24
 551
 6,224

Chapter 11, It will be Awesome!

As the competitors started to arrive, everypony gathered around to take pictures and ask for their autographs. There were very well known warriors amongst them.

From the Griffin Kingdom, King Aguilex brought his bravest warriors. The Razor Twins: Tyras and Tyros, captains of the Royal Guard. Tyras was looking at every direction, she seemed to be searching something, her brother Tyros noticed this and said:

“Calm down sister, you know he will not be here, the Princess said he will not show-up until the opening ceremony!”

“Ugh! I guess you are right, I just hope he is at least cute. That painting of him shows nothing. Well, I’m glad he is a new species to add to my collection.”

The Twins continued walking behind their King.

The Horses from Saddle Sarabia, their Sultan Mahad and his wife Lady Myra came next. The look on their eyes was full of determination, the way they marched together towards Canterlot made the whole place tremble. One of the horses was taller than the rest, he was a known warrior. The crow was so excited to see him, they started shouting:

“Look! It’s Maximus Heart! He is here and he will compete!”

Many mares were chanting his name. Maximus Heart didn’t turn around to smile at his fans. He closed his eyes and ignored them - “They are no worthy of me!” - He said to himself.

The Chief Zent and his best Zebra warriors arrived from Zebrica. Their arrival was announced by the sound of music from their land. All of them looked so noble and wise; Powerful zebras wearing golden armor and weapons. One of these warriors looked up to the sky and thought – “This is it! I will do my best! I hope I have the chance to fight him!”

The last ones to arrive were the citizens of Minus. The whole place went silent when two trumpets announced the arrival of their Great King. A line of Minotaur soldiers started marching out of their balloon, they stopped at some meters and suddenly the line split into two, they turned around and faced each other. They were wearing silver armor and weapons that made them look menacing. At the sound of the trumpets, they raised their swords and their Great King, Strong Blade came out; his wife, the Queen Wildheart was next to him. They marched between the two lines of soldiers who put the swords back in their sheaths as soon as the kings passed by. The citizens that gathered in the place were still waiting to see the champion of the last Coliseum Tournament.

There were rumors that he would come out of retirement and participate in this tournament to defend his title, but the crow was getting anxious. Was he really going to participate?

Finally, he came out of the Balloon.

The whole place was engulfed in excitement. Everyone was chanting his name, wishing to see him fight once more. The Minus King, nodded at him and the whole group started marching towards Royal Palace.

It was on their way to the Palace that each of this individuals looked at the poster of the Hero of Canterlot.

Alex was standing in his place, looking at the current Coliseum Tournament Champion walking towards the Royal Palace. He knew the Minotaur was old, but he looked so strong and powerful. Suddenly, Alex felt the touch of his loved one bringing him back to reality.

“I know you can beat him Alex, please don’t ask me how do I know this, but I just do.” - Sweetie Bell was next to him too. He smiled at Fluttershy, kissed her and hugged his sister.

“Thank you for believing in me.”

---

Princess Celestia and Luna welcomed the Kings and each Tournament competitor to the Royal Palace:

“Celestia and I, the Princesses of Canterlot welcome you to Equestria, we hope you enjoy your staying here!”

King Aguilex from Griffonia was the first one to speak - “I’m sure we will Celestia and Luna, all my soldiers are eager to participate and win this event.”

“I can tell the same thing for my Horses” – Sultan Mahad said.

“My Zebras will do their best and win” – Chief Zent exclaimed.

King Strong Blade was silent; he didn’t say a word about his Champions. He was carefully looking at every corner of the room they were in. Once he realized what he was looking for wasn’t in the room with them, he asked:

“Princess Celestia, Princess Luna. Sorry to interrupt but, may I know where this human is? I’m very sure I’m talking for all of us when I say we wanted to meet the Hero of Canterlot.”

“As we previously mentioned, he will be in opening ceremony tomorrow” – Princess Luna answered.

“And why would he want to wait until tomorrow, wouldn’t it be better for him to be here today and let us meet him personally?” – Queen Wildheart asked.

“We asked him to wait until tomorrow – Princess Celestia said - we wanted to make this event special and we believe it will be better for him to wait until the opening ceremony and show up. Even though he is not in this place right now, he is in Canterlot already.”

“Is he really in Canterlot?!” – Tyras, one of the Griffin Twins exclaimed. Her brother felt embarrassed as she was unable to contain herself and her voice was too loud.

“Well, I think that’s rude, I totally get the idea of you making this some sort of special thing by showing him until the opening ceremony. But we are royalty; he should be here for us!”

“King Aguilex, please remember that he is an Equestrian. He will only answer to Princess Luna, Cadence, Twilight and me, – Princess Celestia said – he will be in the opening ceremony tomorrow, not before.”

“Very well Celestia, I will go have some rest for tomorrow – King Aguilex stood up and looked at his soldiers - Guards! You are dismissed, go have some fun and prepare for tomorrow.”

The other Kings gave similar orders to their competitors and left the room. Princess Luna and Celestia were the only ones left. “Can’t they wait for a little more time until the opening ceremony?” – Luna looked at Celestia - “I know how you feel Lulu, let’s go have some rest too. Tomorrow is the big day!”

“Yes, it will be great! I can’t wait to see Alex and Spike compete, not that I wouldn’t like my crystal ponies to win. But they are good friends of mine. I also want to see the previous Champion, Bright Courage compete again. He is a great warrior!” – Princess Cadence said.

“Yes my niece, when I first heard these rumors, I couldn’t believe it; when I had the honor to give him the trophy last tournament, he said out loud that he had finally defeated every living creature and achieved all of the greatest honors a warrior could wish for. That way he declared his retirement in front of everypony.”

“This will be a great Tournament Luna, both Alex and Bright Courage will make their returns tomorrow. Everypony will be excited to see the previous Champion and the Hero of Canterlot competing in the same arena.”

Both Princesses walked to their rooms to have some rest. They knew that the next day would be a very busy one.


---

The city of Canterlot was completely full; Citizens, visitors and soldiers were all walking through its streets. There was a long time since this amount of visitors had arrived in the city; Princess Celestia had ordered his best guards to patrol the streets to make sure everything was fine.

Through these same streets, Maximus Heart the great horse from Saddle Sarabia was trotting with a group of the best warriors from his country - “I must admit Canterlot is a decent city, much better than that Ponyville where the “Elements of Harmony” live. I wonder where this human might be? Princess Celestia said he was already here. What a coward! He must be hidden, planning some stupid and useless strategies hoping to beat me…”- He turned around as something caught his attention – “Now, that is a jewel I want in my collection…”

---

Alex and the rest of the group were outside a restaurant looking for something to eat. They were talking about the Cheerleading songs and chants they had been practicing for their favorite competitors, Alex, Spike and Rainbow Dash.

“I still can’t believe it is tomorrow. I must admit I’m a little nervous.”

“Oh! Don’t be nervous Alex; I’m pretty sure all of you will do fine. Remember that we will be there to support you!” – Alex was about to hug his friend but he was interrupted by the voice of someone speaking out loud - “Hello pretty unicorn” – He turned his head to see who it was. A horse from Saddle Sarabia was standing in front of them. Maximus Heart was looking at Rarity straight to her eyes.

Alex didn’t like him, not just because of the way he was talking to Rarity but because he looked so selfish and arrogant. He was going to tell her to go with him somewhere else so they could continue talking but he noticed that Rarity seemed quite charmed by the horse. She said:

“Oh, hello there, are you Maximus Heart the hero of Saddle Sarabia?”

“Yes lady, that’s me! May I have the honor to know your name?”

“Rarity…”

“I was looking for that freaky thing called human. I wanted to see if he was at least worth of participating in the Coliseum Tournament. Then, I came across this beauty that is talking to me right now, so I wondered if I could have the honor of knowing her name”

Rarity got a little upset about him calling Alex a freaky thing, but she decided to ignore that and kept talking – “Trust me darling, we have seen him in action and you should believe me when I say you shouldn’t underestimate him, being honest I’m rooting for him to win this tournament!”

“Hahahaha, I see you have such a great sense of humor. Well, I’m pretty sure you will change your mind when you see my amazing skills. But that’s enough of me for now, what about you allowing me to take you out on a date; surely a beautiful mare like you would enjoy a romantic dinner. What do you say?”

Rarity was speechless, she could not deny he was quite attractive, but something didn’t feel right about him, he reminded her of Blueblood. But maybe he was different. It would be nice to give him a try. Rarity was about to answer his question but was suddenly interrupted by a group of fans who started calling out his name.

“Oh my! It’s Maximus Heart! Please give us an autograph!”

A group of fillies and colts started surrounding them. They were cheering for him, a little pony got out of the crow and trotted towards the horse. Alex was surprised to notice she was PixelBerry, she was coming their way.

“Ugh! Annoying brats” - Maximus Heart said to himself while keeping a smile on his face –“After all, these fans are the ones buying my merchandise.”

“PixelBerry! It’s so good to see you!” – Pinkie Pie said - “Hi Girls, it’s nice to see you too!”

“May we know what are yah doing sugarcube?” – Applejack asked.

“I’m volunteering to take care of the fillies from the orphanage, all of them wanted to meet Alex and the rest of the competitors!”

“Oh! Is that so? Well, good for you darling. That’s such a nice thing to do but I’m afraid you will have to wait until tomorrow. Princess Celestia gave Alex instructions to not show up in front of anypony until tomorrow.”

“I see, Rarity. Is he really alive? Is he really going to be there tomorrow? Please tell me it’s not a cruel joke!”

“Sugarcube - Applejack told her - Ah give yah my word as the Element of Honesty that Alex is alive. He will be there tomorrow and ah can promise yah that he is already in Canterlot. Sorry ah can’t tell yah where.”

“Great! I’m so happy; I want to talk to him so bad. Please, if you see him, tell him I say hello and that he can come to my Cider Bar whenever he wants. I’ll invite him!”

One of the orphans got close to Maximus Heart and asked him for an autograph.

“Mr. Maximus, can I please have your autograph?”

“Of course little one, but I’m afraid you will have to pay first! – the orphan was surprised after hearing this words - Do… do I have to pay Sir?”

“Yeah! Everypony pays for an autograph of mine. I am pretty famous you know…”

“I, I don’t have any money Sir.”

“I see, well I guess there is no autograph for you. Now go and comeback when you have money and we will talk about the autograph you want.”

The orphan started crying, he was such a big fan of Maximus Heart. The little pony ran towards Pixel Berry, she hugged him - “Don’t cry cutie!”

“But I really wanted his autograph! He looked so nice, what if Mr. Alex is the same as him? Are they all the same?” - Maximus Heart heard this words - “I can’t believe she didn’t know my autographs are so valuable! Ponies are so ignorant!”

Rarity was completely shocked after hearing these words. She couldn’t believe she was about to accept his offer to go out on a date – “So pretty, what do you say? Would you like to go out on a date with me?”- He asked. Rarity was so angry, she couldn’t control herself and without hesitating, she slapped him in the face.

“I would never go out with someone as disgusting as you!”

Alex and Spike smirked, they were so proud of Rarity; Maximus Heart was full of anger – ““How dare you? Do you know how many ponies and horses would give it all to go out on a date with me? Ugh! It doesn’t matter now, I thought you were different but you are as pathetic as these orphans!”

Everypony was at their limit, Alex and Spike wanted to beat him to a pulp, but if they did, they could be disqualified from the Tournament for starting a fight against another competitor outside the Coliseum. Alex knew this risk, however, he started trotting towards the horse -
“What do you want pathetic pony? Do you want to fight me?” - Alex kept trotting, everypony was afraid of him doing something stupid. Alex trotted past Maximus Heart without even looking at him; he got close to Pixel Berry and the little pony.

“Hi there cutie, what’s your name?” – He asked, the little pony wiped her tears off and answered - “Bright Hope Sir.”

“That’s a beautiful name! I want to give you this!”

Alex took out some Tournament Premium tickets and gave them to her, PixelBerry and the other orphans.

“How you have these tickets? They are really expensive, we can’t pay for them!” – PixelBerry exclaimed.

“Don’t worry; they are my gift to you. I’m pretty sure Alex the human would love to see you and these little ponies cheering for him. Would you like to have Alex’s autograph Bright Hope?” – She was so happy to hear this - “Yes sir, we all want to have it but we don’t have money to pay for it!”

“Don’t worry about that, Alex doesn’t want anything in exchange for his autograph. In fact, I can assure you he would be honored to have somepony asking him for it. I do know him a little; if you want, I will tell him to give it to you personally when the show ends, what do you say?”

“Really?!”

“Yeah! Trust me.” – Alex said, he was so happy to see Bright Hope smiling again - “And for you” - He said while turning to face Maximus Heart.

“What?”

“Pray…”

“Pray, why would I pray for?” – Maximus Heart asked.

“Pray for not facing Alex the human in the tournament, pray for being eliminated before you even get in his way, because I will personally ask him to whoop your ass. You said your autographs are so valuable? Let’s see how valuable they are after Alex sweeps the floor with you!”

Maximum Heart was so angry after hearing this - “So it seems you really know the human don’t you? Tell him this, if he gets in my way, I will humiliate him. The price for a small autograph will triple after he goes down, after I beat the freaking human who dared face me!”

“Don’t worry, he will know this…” – Alex said.

“Excellent! And now, how did you dare touching my face you usele…” - Alex, interrupted Maximum Heart before he could finish his sentence – “Hey! I wouldn’t dare saying that! Alex is a good friend of that pretty mare and the others in our group. You can be damn sure I will tell him how you insulted Rarity; he will not be happy to hear that. But If I tell him you did it twice, trust me, he will break your legs, and will have fun while doing it! So shut up and go away while you still can!”

Maximum Heart didn’t say a word. He didn’t know why but this pony sounded so convincing, deep inside he started to feel scared of Alex. He was started to feel intimidated.

“Whatever! Just tell him what I said. Soldiers, let’s go! I don’t want to be in this filthy place anymore!” - Maximus trotted away followed by his soldiers.

Rarity hugged Alex and said: “Thank you darling! Thank you so much! You gave that flankhole a lesson!”

“It’s ok Rarity; it was the least I could do.”

“It was enough darling – Rarity said – But I would like to ask you a favor!”

“What is it?” – Alex asked.

Rarity got close to him and whispered to his ear – ““If you face him at the tournament, show him no mercy!”

Alex smiled - “Trust me; you don’t need to ask that!”

They looked at each other and laughed out loud; PixelBerry got next to Alex and hugged him - “Thank you Alex!”

“What? Lady I think you are…” – PixelBerry continued - “Don’t try to deny it Alex. I recognized you, I had my doubts but I knew it with when you gave me the tickets, remember you did the same thing when we first met? I’d like to know how you managed to turn into a pony but I need to go back to the orphanage, I’ll talk to you tomorrow, ok?”

“. . . ok”

PixelBerry smiled - “It’s good to have you back with us Alex. Please, kick Maximus’ ass at the tournament!”

“Yes!”

PixelBerry started her way back to the orphanage, the little ponies were so happy to have these tickets. Alex turned to his friends – “Let’s go eat something delicious! And let’s forget about this stupid horse”! – Everypony nodded and smiled as they went into the restaurant.

Once they were done eating their meal, the headed back to the Royal Palace. It was already late and they decided to go to bed and have some rest before the big day. After saying goodnight, Alex asked Twilight and Spike to come to his room – “What are you guys up to?” Rainbow Dash asked – “I’m sorry, but Twilight, Spike and I need to discuss something regarding the Tournament, it’s classified.” – Alex answered.

“I didn’t want to know anyways…” – Rainbow Dash replied as she turned around and started trotting towards her room.

A couple of minutes later, Twilight and Spike got out of Alex’s room – ““So Twilight, are you sure IT can be done?” – Twilight smiled and said – ““Yeah! It’s a simple spell that will amplify the sound. Well, it will actually be a big spell but don’t worry, leave everything to me! I can’t wait for tomorrow. All I can say is that you have an awesome idea!”

Alex looked at Spike; he smiled and turned to Twilight.

“Yes Twilight, it will be awesome!”

Author's Note:

Ok, here is the next chapter, Thank you very much my friend Zombie Garka for finding the time to edit this chapter ealier. I hope you like it, please comment

Here are the arts of our 4 OC main competitors.

BRIGHT COURAGE

TYRAS

MAXIMUS

STILL UNKNOWN ZEBRA