• Published 4th Feb 2015
  • 6,227 Views, 551 Comments

Friendship is Life - alejin



After managed to keep living, Alex is back to have more adventures in Equestria and try to find out if he wants to stay or not, welcome to Friendship is Life!.

  • ...
24
 551
 6,227

Chapter 2, Going back, Good bye Earth. Again

It was a beautiful night at the Park. Everything was quiet and peaceful with no one around, except for the crickets and a big truck making its way through the bushes. Alex thanked God that the place was empty. He still had some time left before IT happened.

He remembered the things he spoke with his friend Steven a few hours ago:

“Alex, are you sure?”

"Yes Steven, I am"

“But you came back just a few months ago and got severely injured. Are you sure you are ready for another trip? You always used to plan your trips several months before going out.”

“That’s true, but I really have to go. I don't have time for any preparations.”

“It's about a girl, isn't it?"

“What? No, of course not! Well, yes but not the way you think it is. She is like a sister to me.”

“That may be true, but I feel there is something else. Alex please, you are talking to a Brony who spent almost five months trying to get his Pegasister friend to become his girlfriend. Even if you don’t realize it yet, you have that look in your eyes, the one you have when you are in love.”

“Really? (he blushed a little) Ok, you got me dude. I'm making this trip to see some good friends and “family”. I’d be lying if I don't say I want to see some people more than others, but I am really not sure if I feel something else for her, maybe I do.”

“Ohhhh!, my little friend is in love!”

“Oh come on! I just don’t know man, it’s complicated.”

“Hahahah! Easy dude, I’m teasing you. But seriously, I’m glad you found a girl you like and if she likes you too, just go ahead. I really don’t see the problem.”

“Well, I can’t deny feeling attracted to her, but let just say we are different (a lot different).”

“So, let me get this clear. Besides everything you need to do there, you are also going on this trip to find out how you really feel about her, right?”

“Something like that, I want to know if it could work.”

“Wow! Alex, you really changed. I’d even say you have grown up; don’t get me wrong, We all like the way you are, but sometimes we thought you needed to become more mature. I’m glad to see you have, I don’t know what happened to you during your last trip, but IT made you change.”

“Thanks Steven (I think). I wanted to tell you I’m leaving tonight and I’m not really sure If I will be back any time soon. Everything is set, regular and emergency bank accounts are ready for you to handle, the place is all yours while I'm absent. You do remember what to do if you don’t hear from me in a year, right?”

(Steven nodded)


“Good! One more thing, please don’t try to call me. I’m going to a Place where you can’t reach me over the phone or the Internet. But don’t worry, it’s not a dangerous place (most of the time).” Alex said.

“Ok, whatever you say man but, no internet? no phones? Where the heck are you going? Come on! at least tell me that!”

“Ok Steven, you really want to know where am I going?”

“Yes.”

“I’m going to Equestria and the girl I feel something about is no other than Fluttershy.”

They both looked at each other, Steven stared at Alex for a few seconds before exploding with laughter.

“Hahahahahaha nice one dude! nice one!”

“Yeah! (I'm glad you took it that way Steven, and not thinking I'm crazy). I just had to say it. Anyway, I'm sorry but I can't tell you anything else.”

“Well, that’s too bad but, hey! I have known you for so many years. Sometimes you need to keep some
secrets to yourself. Anyway, I wish you a good trip.”


They hugged each other and then Alex got in his truck.


“Alex! Before you go, just know one thing”

“yes?”

“We care about you Alex, and we noticed how you have been in a low mood since you returned, I feel it’s because you miss the friends you have back "there", but I also notice how your face changes when you talk about that girl and this place you want to go back to. I think she is very lucky, It would be really sad, but if she is worth it please stay with her. Because as far as I can see, it looks like bringing her here is not an option. Please be happy Alex, after everything that happened to you, We all think you deserve it.”

“Thanks Steven, I somehow needed to hear something like this...



Goodbye."



Alex was on his way to the park, but needed to make a stop on a very special place. He parked his truck and brought a bouquet of roses with him. After walking through a beautiful place, he finally reached his destination, three tombstones shinning bright under the moonlight.


“Hi Dad, Mom, Angela."

"I’m sorry I haven’t showed up lately but I’ve been kinda busy. I’m sure Angela told you that already. You see, I’m planning to make a long trip to see my pony friends; my other sister and to see HER. I'd give anything to know what you think about it, you know, dating a pony and all. Please don’t get me wrong, even I have my own doubts, she is a pony! I know I can transform into a pony now, but I am still a human and was raised as such. I am supposed to date human girls, there are so many things going on in my head now and I would really like you to help me get my mind clear.
If in the end we are not meant to be together, so be it. A part of me wishes we are. I wanted to say I
love you and goodbye. Well, it all depends on the decisions I make, I may not be able to come here in a very long time, so please be. . . . No! I will not ask you to be proud of me again. Angela made it very clear to me.

I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND DON’T WORRY, I WILL TAKE CARE OF MYSELF AS ALWAYS.”


Alex said a little prayer and then went back to his truck. As soon as he turned his back on their graves, he felt small warm hand on his shoulder and a breeze on his hair, it made him feel the same as when they were together. He didn't even turn around. He let his tears come out and smiled:


"Thank you Dad, Mom and Angela. Please keep on watching me until we meet again.”


The feeling went away, as he walked back to his truck. He wasn’t sure of many things but one:


The nightmares were now over!.

---

EQUESTRIA

The Mane 6 and Spike were having a nice lunch at Hoofdonalds before going to the park to see the last Meteor Shower of the year. Suddenly Pinkie Pie found herself smiling, it was her Pinkie sense. She had this warm feeling as tears went down her cheek. Noticing, Spike asked:

“Whoa! What was that Pinkie?”

She smiled like she used to do before Alex´s death and kept staring at the roof while smiling.

“Pinkie? Are you ok?”

“Oh! sorry, this feeling, my Pinkie Sense. This “combo” is very rare and I love it when it happens.”


“Why Pinkie Pie? Can you please tell us why you like it that much?”


“It love it because it means that soon I will see somepony special to me. Somepony I haven’t seen in a long time. Maybe it'll be my sister Maud, that would be great!”

“We are happy for you Pinkie darling, now let’s finish our food, the Meteor Shower will start in a few minutes!”


“Ok!” Everypony agreed.


After arriving at the park, Princess Celestia and Luna from Canterlot used a powerful spell so everypony could hear them around Equestria:


“CITIZENS OF EQUESTRIA, WE ARE GLAD TO SEE ALL OF YOU HERE IN ORDER TO WITNESS THE METEOR SHOWER. AS YOU KNOW, THIS WILL BE THE LAST ONE OF THE YEAR SO IT WILL LAST A LITTLE LONGER THAN THE PREVIOUS ONES. PLEASE ENJOY IT!”


At that moment, Princess Celestia and Luna's horns started to glow, everypony could feel their powerful magic all around Equestria. As they looked up, the meteors started crossing the sky.

Spike remembered how he met his best friend Alex after a meteor shower like this:



“Alex, I hope you are looking at this wonderful show from above the heavens.”





---




Alex was still away from the Oak tree. He felt nervous that someone was around to see what was about to happen. All of a sudden, like the first time he went to Equestria, the Oak tree started to glow. Alex saw this from the distance, he stepped on the gas and headed right into it:


"I only have twenty seconds!"

Everything was according to the plan, except for one thing; he didn’t expect the uneven ground on the park. The truck was moving as fast as it could. He couldn't stop, no time to hesitate. He kept stepping on the gas, it had to work! Otherwise, crashing against the Oak tree at that speed would be fatal. It was either Equestria or Jail (in case he survived the crash).

He kept driving but it was too late, the time was up. He felt as if a dagger stabbed his heart, he couldn't believe it: Everything he hoped for:

Equestria, his friends, his sister and HER! It was all gone!

He was about to stop the truck but noticed that the light was there! The tree was still glowing!


“What the Hell?!"

"Its lasting longer than before!"


With renewed faith and hopes, he kept driving, full speed. Until he finally reached it. The light was painfully blinding but he didn’t care. As soon as he passed through the light, he found himself driving in a forest. He stopped immediately. Luckily, he didn’t hit any tree or ran over any creatures. He turned his head to see the tree behind him but it was no longer glowing. He took a look around and immediately recognized the place:

THE EVERFREE FOREST!


---


After the Meteor Shower was over and everypony was heading back home, Fluttershy heard something long in the distance, it was like the sound of a train engine. It was coming from the Everfree Forest:


"Oh my! what was that sound?"


Too scared to go check by herself, she decided to let it be.


"It was probably my imagination!".


However, she couldn’t stop staring at the forest with a smile on her snout.


...


Pinkie Pie was on her bed when she started to feel the same “combo” she felt before:

“I know that somepony special is here! In Equestria; Ponyville; Canterlot or Fillydelphia. But where are you?”


---


"This was awesome!" Alex said. He was able to come back to Equestria. The forest was obviously the same: "How much can a forest change after four months?".

There weren't any creatures around when he arrived, maybe they were sleeping or got scared. Alex wanted so much to run to Ponyville and see everypony but he knew he wasn’t exactly in a friendly territory. Maybe the manticores wouldn’t be a problem, if they remembered him. However, the
Timberwolves or some other creatures were still a danger. He went back into his truck and started driving
to the Sister’s Old castle.

"I hope none of the stuff I brought got broken" He said.


He wasn’t sure of many things but one...


HE WAS HAPPY TO BE BACK!

Author's Note:

Here you go, the next chapter, once again thanks to my friend the ZOMBIE GARKA for the excellent edition. cya next time.