• Published 4th Feb 2015
  • 6,224 Views, 551 Comments

Friendship is Life - alejin



After managed to keep living, Alex is back to have more adventures in Equestria and try to find out if he wants to stay or not, welcome to Friendship is Life!.

  • ...
24
 551
 6,224

Chapter 10, It's Game Time!

Author's Note:

Ok, here we have the next chapter, sorry for the wait, hope you like it
Once again, thanks to my editor the Zombie Garka. amazing job.

please comment.

“No! Not over yet!”


“C’mon Spike you will have to do better than that!”


“Don’t worry I’m planning to…


…Come on!”



Alex and Spike were sparring for more than 2 hours a day. The past 3 weeks were tough; their clothes were a mess, not to mention they had wounds and bandages all over. This was their last sparring and decided to go all out. Shining Armor was with them, looking from outside the training barrier; their weapons kept clashing, the Prince was amazed by Alex’s abilities but it was Spike the one that caught his attention, he was putting up a good fight against Alex, even though his life score points were almost zero. With one final blow straight to his chest, the little dragon lost. After the training barrier disappeared, Alex extended his hand to help his little friend stand up:

“Damn it! I lost again! Well, at least this time I managed to take thirty points off from your life score points Alex.”

“Yeah! You are really good, I feel sorry for the ones that will face you at the Tournament.” – Alex replied.

Shining Armor threw a couple of towels at them and said:

“I agree with you Alex, Spike is really something else, I can’t believe that little crying baby dragon my little sister used to cradle would become like this, you are really growing up Spike.”

“Thanks Shining Armor, that means a lot!”

“No problem Spike, I wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true”

Alex removed the sweat and dirt from his face using the towel Shining Armor gave him.

Well, I think it’s time for a good lunch, care to join us Shinning?” – Alex asked.

“Yeah, as long there is no meat, I’ll be glad to…”

The three of them laughed so hard at this. Alex was shaking off the dust from his clothes.

“Don’t worry Shinning, Spike and I had just picked up a nice amount of fruits and berries, and I know that you guys don’t like eating meat so I wouldn’t do it in front of any of you.”

Shining Armor and Spike followed Alex to their cabin which was located in the middle of the forest. Alex turned to Spike and said:

“Wow Spike! It’s amazing how you mastered the Katanas in just three weeks!”

“Well, it’s not like I haven’t seen them before. I read a lot of comic books, the ones about Samurais and ninja Minotaurs are quite popular you know, but being honest, I never thought I would use them. Thanks for teaching me Alex!” – Spike replied.

“No problem little brother, but still, you are amazing. It took me at least one and a half month to start using them properly, not to mention all those cuts I got.”

“That’s only because you are a slow learner Alex!” – Spike said laughing so hard.

“We are getting cocky, aren’t we? Well, I must admit you may be right, anyway, I think it was a good duel before the competition.”

As they were getting close to the cabin, Shining Armor turned to Alex and asked:

“Alex, the Tournament will start in three days, why did you choose to stop training today?”

“Because I want Spike and me to relax a bit; I really want to enjoy this place for at least a couple of days before we leave, as you may know, clearing your mind is also an important part of your training. That way you won’t freak out while competing.”

“I agree with you Alex, someponies should try that too, some of them are still freaked out about this thing that happened two weeks ago…”

“Yeah, when Spike and I saw the day and night mixing together in the sky, we couldn’t believe it; that was something scary!”

“It was during the Summer Sun Celebration, remember I told you Alex” - Spike said.

“Yeah, I can’t believe the girls had to give up their Elements to restore the tree of harmony, I should have been there to help but I wasn’t, I thought they were all ok because Princess Celestia didn’t send a letter to Spike. How were we supposed to know they were kidnapped?” – Alex asked.

Spike lowered his head: “I feel sorry about that too...”

“Hey, don’t feel bad guys – Shining Armor said - there was no way you could know, besides, the girls and your marefriend are very strong, they handled the situation quite fine!”

“You are right; they are really strong! But there are other things that bother me, like when Fluttershy turned into a bat pony; I wasn’t there to help her, what kind of a boyfriend am I?”

Spike got near Alex and said:

“Easy Alex, Twilight and the rest were there to help her, you must realize they can take care of themselves, there will be many situations where we will not be present and you will just have to believe in them.”

“Spike is right Alex; do you think I don’t get worried knowing my little Sister Twilight gets into really dangerous situations? But then I remember she is very strong, and I believe in her! It wasn’t easy at first but they have proven to me and all of Equestria that they are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves; protect them when you can, and when you can’t, just have faith in them”- Shining Armor said.

“Thanks Shinning. Spike, you are right, I guess I have become overprotective since the day Fluttershy became my marefriend.”

“That’s because you love her very much, she is such a lucky mare!”

“That’s not true Shining Armor, I’m a very lucky human” – Alex replied.

Finally, they reached their cabin and got inside. Alex and Spike took a shower and changed their clothes. Spike helped on getting the table ready for them to eat while Alex prepared a delicious fruit salad, enough for the three of them. Once they were done eating, they went outside the cabin and sat under a big three, this forest was really beautiful. It was a place where anypony could find peace.

Alex turned to Shining Amor and asked:

“Shinning, are our clothes ready?”

“Yes, I will send them tomorrow, I must say they look cool, but why didn’t you ask Rarity to make them?”

“She is very busy helping with the preparations for the tournament, all of them are, and that’s why I told them not to come see us so they could focus on their duties.”

“You are right about that! I have never seen my sister so focused on a single project like she is now. This is her very first job as a princess since she was crowned. That is why she wants it to be perfect!” – Shining Armor said.

After having some rest back in the cabin, Shining Armor told them it was time for him to go. Alex and Spike were about to take him to the entrance of the forest, he opened the door and noticed a yellow pony running towards them, when the pony got closer they realized it was Fluttershy.

“Oh my! It’s good to see you Alex, I missed you so much!”

“Fluttershy?! What… what are you doing here? Not that I mind but . . . don’t you have things to prepare…” – Alex couldn’t finish his sentence as Fluttershy hugged him so hard, she literally squeezed the air out of his lungs.

“We finished preparing everything a couple of hours ago so I decided to come here to visit you!”

Alex opened his eyes and noticed Lyra and the Crusaders coming their way. He looked at Fluttershy, hugged her and gave her a kiss.

“Of course it’s ok with me! To be honest, I wanted to see you after the first day I came here! Thank you so much for coming!” – Alex said.

The rest of the group arrived and joined them in a warm hug. Fluttershy noticed that Alex was covered in bandages; she knew they had been training hard and even though she didn’t like the idea of Alex and Spike hurting themselves she knew he was so excited about the Tournament so she didn’t say a word about it. They all said goodbye to Shining Armor and walked to the cabin. Once they were in, Fluttershy started cleaning and healing Alex and Spike’s wounds.

“Wow guys! I must say you and Spike seem ready to compete!” – Pinkie Pie said.

“Thanks Pinkie, I hope we do well in the tournament!” – Spike replied.

“And of course Alex, you will have the honor of being defeated by me!” – Rainbow Dash exclaimed while looking at Alex directly to his eyes.

“We’ll see about that!”

Applejack stood between them and said:

“Easy guys, your time to face each other will come soon. Meanwhile I brought these delicious apples for yah to enjoy!”

Once Fluttershy was done cleaning and healing Alex’s wounds, Sweetie Bell got on his lap and asked him:

“So brother, are you ready?”

“Yes little sister, I’m ready”

“Great! I can’t wait to see you rocking that tournament!”

“Yeah! And then we will have a great party for your and Spike’s Victory!” – Pinkie Pie said.

“I promise we will do our best” – Alex replied.

Lyra got near Alex and told him: “Please be careful Alexis; even if those weapons can’t hurt you, punches and kicks will surely do it. So you guys better take good care of yourselves while in there.”

“Thanks Lyra, we will, I promise!”

Alex noticed the way Rarity was looking at them. He stood up and asked her:

“Something wrong Rarity?”

“Darling! Your and Spikey clothes! They look awful!”

“Well Rarity, clothes would normally look like this after a month of hard training.”

“Well I just decided I’m going to make you some proper clothes for the event!” – Rarity said.

“Thanks Rarity but don’t worry, Spike and I asked someone else in Canterlot to take care of that.” – Alex replied.

Rarity was heart-broken after hearing these words.

“But why? Don’t you like my work darling? Is it not good enough for you?”

“It’s not that Rarity, Spike and I didn’t want to worry you with other stuff while you were helping out getting all of the things ready for the Tournament. Please accept our apologies; we didn’t think I would hurt your feelings”

“It’s ok, I will forgive you this time but please remember, a friend of mine, specially you, Spikey or the girls will always be my top priority. Don’t ever hesitate to ask me for help!”

“And yah can count on us too sugarcube!” – Everypony nodded.

“Thanks girls!”

Rarity took out some of her own clothing designs and showed them to Alex.

“And I had so amazing ideas for your clothes, just look at them!”

Alex and Spike looked at the drawings, bright colors and flowers all over, they looked at each other and then turned to Rarity saying: “These are awesome designs Rarity, too bad we have already paid huge amounts of money for the ones we will use!”

“Well, that’s too sad for you guys. I know you would look fantastic in these!” Rarity said.

The guys smiled back at Rarity and turned around - “Thanks god we found somepony else to make our clothes Spike…”

Spike noded

“What did you say Alex?” – Rarity asked.

“Well… I was just challenging Spike for a race towards the waterfall in the forest…”

“Ok – Rarity said – because if you really want it, I can start making your clothes right here and I’ll pay for what you…”

“2 … 1 … Run Spike! Run!”

Everypony saw Alex and Spike running out of the cabin like never before.


- - - - - -

The day before the opening ceremony, Alex, while in his pony form, Spike and the rest of the group were walking in Canterlot’s streets. The whole city was decorated with tournament motifs, Alex could not believe the amount of Minotaurs, Griffins, Zebras and Horses that were outside in the streets. Many food stores, souvenirs, there was even an exclusive “Meat Lovers” section for Griffins on the restaurants.

“Wow, I think Canterlot won’t be enough for everypony if more creatures keep coming in!” – Alex said.

“Yah said partner, and they are only the audience. The competitors have yet to come; I heard Princess Celestia had to install magical tents on the City Limits because of the amount of visitors coming in.” – Applejack said.

“Magical tents?” – Alex asked.

“Tents that are bigger inside than what they look on the outside. It’s a very tricky spell” - Twilight explained

“Where did I see that before?” Alex thought

He kept walking when a poster hanging on a wall caught his attention; he got closer to it so he could have a better look. It had an image of him from his back, his head was covered by a hood – “Well, that looks cool!” – He said to himself. There was something else written on it:


“Canterlot’s Coliseum Tournament

Behold the return of the Hero of Canterlot”

“Wow! That’s a really nice propaganda. I hope I don’t disappoint them…” – Alex said.

“I know you won’t” – Fluttershy replied. She was looking at the poster.

“Fluttershy, I didn’t even notice when you came close to me.”

“I know, your eyes were amazed by looking at your own image. I love how you look…”

“Thank you darling…” – Alex and Fluttershy shared a smile.

Rainbow Dash got next to them and said: “I’m really sorry to interrupt you guys, but you have to come with us. The warriors from the different countries are coming in now; we have to see them and the balloons they used to come here. There were rumors that the previous champion: Bright Courage was going out of retirement to compete in this event one more time! I didn’t believe it, but it was true. He is actually coming right now so we have to hurry! C’mon!”

Everypony followed Rainbow Dash to the airport. The place was full of fans and visitors. It was an amazing view, balloons of every color coming from the most distant countries: Minus, Griffonia, Zebrica, Saddle Sarabia and the Cristal Empire. Alex had to admit it; the look was impressive.

“What kind of competitors will I face?” – He thought.

The competitors arrived; they were all welcomed by their fans. Everypony was cheering and chanting for their favorite warrior. Out of all of the competitors, five of them stopped next to one of the posters showing Alex’s image.

---

“Once I defeat you, my popularity will rise to the skies and every creature in the World will know about me!”

---

“Hahahaha! Just you wait my cute human. Very soon, you will be added to my special list. You must be grateful”

“Easy sister, don’t get horny now”

“Shut up brother! You know it’s been a long time since I’m interested on a new target!”

“Whatever!”

---

“This is so exciting! I really hope to have the opportunity to face you pal! I wonder if the stories about you killing two Manticores are true!”

---

“…Finally. Without knowing, you have lit my will to fight again.”

---

Alex didn’t notice any of these competitors looking at his image. He was so amazed by the amount of fans that were gathered in the place. Suddenly, he felt uneasy; he knew this Coliseum Tournament would be very difficult. But there was something else…


He was scared.