• Published 4th Feb 2015
  • 6,224 Views, 551 Comments

Friendship is Life - alejin



After managed to keep living, Alex is back to have more adventures in Equestria and try to find out if he wants to stay or not, welcome to Friendship is Life!.

  • ...
24
 551
 6,224

S2 Chapter 1, Back to my Old Life?

Author's Note:

Ok! we are back my friends! sorry if it took a little long but we have been busy but as always, I want to thank my editor The Zombie Garka for the excellent edition and for agreed to help me with this season. we will do our best to give you an awesome season. well. . . with nothing else to say.

Welcome to Friendship is Life Season 2.


By the way, new season, new cover.

“You, you don’t have to do this!”

“I have to! Your kind is cursed and if you live we will all be cursed too!”

“No! I don’t mean any harm to you!”

“Lies! Die as the animal you are!”

Bright Courage raised his axe above his head and let it drop, slicing Alex’s body in half. The last thing he heard were his own screams of agony while the Minotaur laughed maniacally.

“Nooooo!”

Alex screamed and woke up. He was sweating; it had been the same nightmare for the last three weeks, every night since he came back to Earth. Those nightmares filled his mind. His health was starting to deteriorate, even though he had gone to the doctor many times, no one had been able to determine what his issue was. Sadly, he couldn’t talk to a psychiatrist because he wouldn’t dare telling of the things he lived while in Equestria.

Steven and the rest of his friends were really worried about him. Alex wasn’t the same since the day he came back from his “trip”.

(3 weeks ago)

Alex was walking through the streets. All of his hopes and dreams were gone, the only thing in his mind were doubts and fears. He didn’t even know what to do with his life anymore. It had no sense for him at all “That’s not right!” He said to himself “I am back on my home planet. I can come back to my regular life and do my regular stuff. Play video games, go to the movies, watch cartoons… but damn! Why is it that I feel so miserable?”

“Fluttershy.”

A sweet smile wanted to appear on his face. But it quickly faded away.

“No! She is gone now. She is in Equestria were she belongs and I don’t belong there! She is amazingly beautiful and many stallions will give anything to be with her now that I’m gone! Who knows, maybe she will end up with Big Mac, the “Fimfictions” about them as a couple are always good and… why not? She can go out with Discord too! He is not a bad guy and really cares for her. I know any of them will make her happy. Happier than I’ll ever be…”

He wanted to take her out of his mind. He started to run and tears came out of his eyes, tears that he was unable to stop. After running for a few more blocks, he was almost home. He could hear some music which was becoming clearer and louder as he got closer to his house “There seems to be a party at my house! Is it Steven?” He wiped off his tears and stopped running. He got home and opened the door; there were a lot of people in his house. He was able to recognize most of them but other faces were truly unknown to him. Right at the other side of the room Alex was in; he saw a hand waving at him. There was a person coming his way, pushing the people around him aside.

“Alex? Oh my god! Man, you are back!”

Alex’s best friend, Steven was standing there in front of him. There was a sincere happy smile on his face.

“Dude! I didn’t know you were going to come tonight! Why didn’t you text me?”

“Well, I couldn’t do it because of lost my phone again.”

“Really, oh my god Alex. It seems this is really becoming an issue. Anyways, I know that you have the money to buy another one but you should really be more careful.”

Alex chuckled “If only he knew those phones belong to ponies now…” He said to himself.
“You know what Steven, you are right. I promise I’ll be more careful from now on. Now, all I need is to have some rest. My trip back here was very exhausting; I’ll be going up into my room now.”

“What? You are not staying here? C’mon dude, enjoy the party! There are a couple of nice girls I would like to know. Hey! By the way, how did things go between you and your… you know, your girlfriend?”

Steven was grabbing Alex’s arm and felt how it started to shake, he knew Alex long enough to understand that something was wrong.

“Alex? What . . . happened?”

“I . . . don’t want to talk about that . . . ever! Long story short, she wasn’t the right one, that place wasn’t for me at all.”

Steven didn’t say a word, he let go off him and watched him as he walked up to his room. Another of his friends noticed Alex and tried to follow him but Steven stopped him “It seems he is really tired. Please let him rest for now.” Steven turned his back to the stairs and looked down. He remembered the last time he felt Alex shaking like that, it happened when his family died.

-------

(Present day)

Alex woke up at around two in the morning, he knew going back to sleep would be impossible so he went downstairs for a glass of milk. This was becoming his routine. Once again, he went into the living room and turned on his gaming console, put one of his favorite video games in it and played it for hours. The game was the new Assasin’s Creed game, his eternal idols, the assasins, Alex noticed the way these heroes did their job and completed their missions. Suddenly, he dropped the gaming controller and started to think.

“Heroes are only fiction!” He was so sure about his last statement that it made him smile. This was no video game or comic book story, in real life the “heroes” couldn’t always save everyone! In fact, many of them died trying. He was one of the lucky ones that didn’t die while trying to save his loved ones. Even though, sometimes he wished he hadn’t. Now, he had to live his life full of regrets because he was unable to save one of his BEST friends from dying at the hands of a maniac.

Now Alex didn’t have any desire to become a hero anymore, because he knew he had failed at it. He picked up the controller from the floor and looked at the reset button “If only I could reset everything so it all could be right again …”

-------

As days passed by, Alex health became worse. He rarely came out of his house, if not for buying groceries or other snacks. He avoided type of contact with other humans as much as possible. People who knew him started to get worried, true to be told, he wasn’t exactly Mr. Popular but at least he had been nice to most of the people he knew.

Suddenly someone knock on his door:

“Alex? Are you there? C’mon! I know you are there! Please open the door and let me in!”

Steven was outside Alex’s house, nobody had seen Alex since the last three days. Many of his friends tried to contact him but he just ignored them. But Steven was the only one who didn’t give up. Since the night Alex returned, Steven knew something was wrong. He thought maybe time would fix it but it seems it wasn’t happening. Since the door remained closed, Steven took out the copy of his keys “I didn’t want to go into the house this way; I just hope you don’t get mad at me Alex!” He opened the door and everything seemed to be normal until he saw him, Alex was sitting in his couch, with the gaming controller in his hand. Steven noticed the television wasn’t even on. Alex seemed to be lost in his thoughts. He hadn’t shaved and his hair was a mess. There was a lot of food and cans of cola all over the floor.

“Alex! What the hell is wrong with you man?”

“I’m . . .playing, I think it’s pretty obvious Steven” Alex answered.

“For Christ sake dude, the TV isn’t even on. What’s going on with you? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately? You look and smell bad! Look at this whole place; it’s a mess in here!”

Alex looked at the television and noticed it was off “It was on moments ago, I turned it off. Because I was going to change the disk for another game, you see I want to play Assassin’s Creed. There is a mission where I have to help somepony…”

“Alex!” Steven interrupted him “Man, what the hell? Did you say SOMEPONY? Ok, you are making me worry.”

“Yes Steven, I said somepony. Exactly as you heard, somepony… somepony who died in my arms. And because of that they all hate me now!” Alex turned the television on again. Steven stepped back, he was scared.

“If I could, I would have saved him. I would have given my life for him” Alex started to cry, while Steven was standing there silent “But, it wasn’t like these video games. There wasn’t any reset button. There was no way to bring him back to life or re-do the mission again. Why did he do it? Why did he get in the blade’s way? I DESERVED TO DIE INSTEAD OF HIM. I SHOULD HAVE FUCKING DIED!”

Alex felt to his knees and cried out loud. Steven knew there was something wrong with Alex, but this was out of proportion. He put his fears aside and walked towards Alex.

“Everypony hates me now Steven… but it wasn’t my fault. I did everything I could… why do they hate me Steven? Why?!”

Steven couldn’t believe what he was seeing. His best friend; the one who had always helped him. The strongest guy he knew was there, crying on his knees. Steven got on his knees and put a hand on Alex’s shoulder:

“Ale. . .Alejandro, tell me . . . what happened? What happened to you in that place?”

“This is so difficult for me. There are so many things that I need to get out of my chest. There are many things I need to tell. Please Steven, out of anybody else; please believe I’m not crazy!”

“Well man, I don’t think you are crazy. But why are you saying all of these things?”

“Because there is no way you are going to believe a single word of the things I’m about to tell you”

“C’mon dude, you have never lied to me before. Why wouldn’t I believe you?”

“I never said I was going to lie, I said you will not believe me…”

“Ok . . . if you feel telling me everything will help you out. Go ahead and do it. I promise you I’ll listen to everything you have to say.”

“Steven, I really don’t know where to start” for a brief moment, Alex came to his senses. He was about to tell everything to his best friend, he didn’t know what his friend would think about him or even he would actually believe his story “Alright. I was in Equestria …”

-------

Steven had always been Alex’s friend. He had always been by his side during the good and bad moments of his life. He supported every decision Alex made, but not without warning him whenever he felt Alex was in danger. Now, many years after they became friends, Steven (for the first time) was feeling really stupid. He was listening to a guy that looked like he had recently escaped from a mental asylum. This person was telling the most unbelievable story he had ever heard. However, even though as crazy as all of it sounded, Steven was really paying attention to Alex’s stories. Deep in his heart he believed everything his friend was saying.

“Equestria?”

“Yes, you know . . . with every character we bronies know and love: Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, everypony!”

Steven closed his eyes, he really wanted to believe in Alex’s words but he immediately snapped out of it. He had to get some help for his friend. The way Alex was behaving was truly a sign he was becoming mentally unstable. He thought about using Alex’s phone to call for help, but he didn’t want to make it that obvious.

“Ok Alex, I … I believe you, I truly believe everything that you say. But you know what, I … I’m feeling a little hungry but I don’t want to eat any of the things you have scattered all around your living room. I’m going to go buy something for both of us … ok?”

Alex looked down without saying a single word. Steven stood up from the ground and walked towards the door “I hope I wasn’t that obvious” he said to himself. He was at a few meters from the door when he heard Alex say:

“Steven! Please . . . at least let me show you something . . . after that you can go and take me to any mental institution you want. I promise I you I won’t complain, just let me show you one more thing… ok?”

Steven hesitated for a moment, but he really wanted to help his best friend. He turned around “Alright, we have a deal. Right?”

“We do!” Alex answered “Now, before I show you this, I need to ask you something…”

“Go ahead.”

“You remember all those Fimfics we read about finding a portal to Equestria and how, in many of them, the humans and ponies went to war because of the humans and their greed?” Steven nodded “Steven, let’s just say . . . you find a portal to Equestria. I know it sounds stupid but just imagine it . . . what would you do?”

“Ok Alex, I will play your game. Being honest, I would say nothing to anyone.”

“Not even me?” Alex asked.

“Well, maybe I would tell YOU if you promise to keep the secret!”

“And why is that? Why wouldn’t you say anything to anyone else?”

“Because as you said, I know how humans we are. I know there are many good people who would give anything to go there but there are also a lot of bad guys, I wouldn’t like to be responsible for bringing chaos to that world . . . Wait, oh damn! Why am I telling you this?” Steven shook his head “Dude! Equestria is not real! Please! Please tell me you are joking, please! Stop giving me more reasons to send you to the nut house!”

Alex smiled at him “Thanks Steven, I knew you would understand. Ok, here is my last question, what would you do if I show you a proof that Equestria is real? Please Steven just answer that question with honesty.”

“Godammit Alex! First of all, I would beg you to take me there; second, I would smack you for not telling me before and third, I would swear for my parent’s life to not tell anyone about it!”

Alex looked at Steven for several seconds. He was trying to find out if Steven was lying or being sarcastic. He thought about how stupid was the thing he was going to do but he needed to tell someone. Besides, this man was his best friend. Alex walked towards the window and move the curtain aside, he was making sure no one was somehow watching from the outside. He closed the curtain and turned towards his friend, taking something out of his pocket.

Walking towards his friend, he took his hand out of his pocket and showed IT to Steven “Before I do this, I want you to know I’m trusting you my biggest secret, if anyone ever finds out, I’m done. And just for you to know I’m not revealing anything more than this, you got it?”

Steven nodded without taking his eyes away from the strange object. “Ok Alex, let’s get this over with. Then, I hope you accept my help and keep your promise.”

Alex smiled while putting on his metapendant. Immediately, a bright light surrounded them both! Steven had to cover his eyes, when he was finally able to open them; he looked to were Alex was standing, he let out a short scream while jumping backwards “Alex what the fuck is this?!” he simply couldn’t believe a unicorn was standing there. He looked around calling for Alex, when he dared looking at the unicorn again, he spoke to him:

“That was the very same reaction I had the first time. Thanks Steven, now I don’t feel that dumb!”

Steven’s eyes went white. He lost consciousness and the last thing he could hear was the unicorn calling his name.

After a while, Steven slowly opened his eyes. He was looking at the ceiling; he didn’t recognize the place until a few seconds later. He tried to stand up but was feeling a little weak. Sitting down on the floor he grabbed his head “Damn, I must have felt heavily on my head. It really hurts …”

Steven was trying to remember everything that happened before he fainted when he heard hoof-steps coming from the kitchen. He slowly turned around and looked at the unicorn again “Steven! I’m glad you woke up, I was getting worried!” Steven’s eyes started to roll up again but this time Alex was faster. He jumped towards his friend, Steven’s instinct made him jump aside as he came back to his senses.

“Dude, this must be a joke. This must be the craziest joke ever. Alex please stop it or I won’t talk to you anymore!”

“Hahahaha” The unicorn laughed “I’m sorry but it’s not a joke, I’m a pony Steven. Princess Luna gave me this pendant so I could turn into one of them.”

“I just … Alex, this is unbelievable! Can you do the things that, you know, that unicorns do?”

Alex laughed again as he used his magic to levitate his friend, Steven got himself surrounded in a green aura.

“This feels . . . Amazing! Alex please put me down; I really need to sit down. This is the most shocking thing I’ve ever seen!”

Alex put him on the couch where he was sitting. Steven closed his eyes and inhaled deeply “So. . . Equestria is real and you know how to get there. Correct?”

“Yes I do.”

“Dude! You have to take me there!”

Alex’s eyes narrowed as he shook his head “Sorry Steven but I can’t, I promised Princess Celestia not to take any human there until she says so.” Steven opened his eyes and looked at the unicorn again “Really? But is there any change to do it in the future?” Alex trotted towards the center of the room “I don’t think so, after I will not go back there ever again…” Steven stood up from the couch and kneeled before his friend “What? Are you insane dude! It’s Equestria! The land of harmony; any Brony on Earth would give anything to go there! They could even kill you to get that information! Well not me, of course not me. But somebody else could. Alex and why exactly is it that you don’t want to go back there anymore. Does it have anything to do with the way you have been acting these past days?”


Alex nodded and looked at him “Steven . . . do you want to hear about what happened this last time I was in Equestria?”

Steven sat on the floor. He had never looked so serious before “I’m all ears bro!”

“Ok, everything started the day I…”