• Published 4th Feb 2015
  • 6,224 Views, 551 Comments

Friendship is Life - alejin



After managed to keep living, Alex is back to have more adventures in Equestria and try to find out if he wants to stay or not, welcome to Friendship is Life!.

  • ...
24
 551
 6,224

S2 Chapter 3, I need you

Author's Note:

Ok! we are back with another chapter, I hope you like it! Please comment.

I wanted to take this chance to make a little tribute to some of my favorites OCs in this site.

TD from "I'm not a brony, take me out of Equestria"
Chris from "The Monster of Canterlot"
Onyx from "The tales of Prince Onyx"
Toby from "A new Home"
Max from "Your Human and you"
Solar from "A Solar son"
Glenn from "Bionic survivor of Equis"
Hunter and the diamond dog Sage from "A 2nd Human"
Daniel from "Equestrian Human Spirit"
Ryan from "Blank"
Jason from "A new Ending
Dynol from "The appareance of the new"
And last but not less, PixelBerry from "Doors"

The next one will be with my favorites Avatars, there are still free slots, hurry up before someone else take it!

A beautiful Pegasus was packing her belongings in a saddle bag. She was excited but she was also feeling very sad. Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door.

“Hey! Are you ready Fluttershy? We will miss the train!”

“I’m on my way Rainbow” She replied.

After leaving Angel in charge of everything, she proceeded to fly along Rainbow Dash to the train station. She noticed her friend Rainbow Dash was looking very excited.

“I can’t believe it will finally happen!” Rainbow Dash said with a big smile on her face “The Equestria Games! This will be awesome!”

“Yeah, it will be awesome!” Fluttershy replied, as she looked down towards the Everfree Forest. Rainbow Dash noticed this and smiled at her “Cheer up Fluttershy; we are still here for him to come back!”

“But Rainbow Dash, what if he comes back and we are not here . . . he will definitely think we gave up on him!”

“Ok Flutes, first, that’s just negative thinking and second, I doubt he will actually believe that. Besides, if he can open the gate to come back here whenever he wants, he will definitely understand if we are not here waiting for him.”

“I guess you are right but, maybe I should stay here. . .”

Rainbow Dash was surprised after hearing this “What? No! We need you, Ponyville needs you!”

“I … ok”

“Now that’s my friend! Come on, we need to hurry!” – Rainbow Dash replied as she sped up. Even though she was smiling, Fluttershy couldn’t stop looking behind her. She still had hope “Maybe when I come back, he will be here … maybe …”

Alex and Steven were eating some snacks on the backyard of Alex’s house.

“Dude you really lost the truck?” Steven asked.

“Yeah. . . I’m glad there was nothing of value in it.”

“I know! But still, how can anyone lose a truck?”

“By leaving the keys inside and the door open … I guess.”

“. . . .How dumb can you be dude?”

“You have no idea Steven!” Both of them laughed at this. Steven took a sip of soda and asked “So, are you going on another trip?”

“Yeah, I think I made a mistake over there” Alex answered “Being honest, I screwed it up! I hope I still can set things right over there…”

“I know you will Alex. Now, there is something I really need to ask you, how do you do it?” Steven asked.

“How do I do what?” Alex took a big chunk of his hamburger

“You know what I’m talking about dude; one day you are all suicidal and stuff, and the next day you go back to normal? You really shocked me and all of your friends when you came back” Steven said “Are you sure you are feeling ok now?”

“Yeah! I am, all it took was a good friend of mine and a little girl to give me some advice and that was it.”

“Ok, if you say so. And, who are they?” Steven asked while finishing his food.

“Someday I will tell you Steven but for now, I really need it to be a secret!”

“Fair enough, I just hope I don’t die before knowing it. So, when are you leaving?”

“Tonight” Alex looked up to the sky “I’m leaving tonight…”

“Ok, just do me a favor; don’t come back like that again. Also, please make sure to bring me something this time.”

“Sure, I’ll bring you something. But you know what? I still have some hours left before I leave” Alex stood up and stretched his arms “Why don’t we go back inside so I can beat your ass in a video game?”

Steven laughed and stood up “Wanna bet?!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, Alex walked into a well known park. He was thinking about everything that had happened to him and his friends. After a couple of hours, he finally reached the old oak tree. He was glad to see that no one was around. He took Celestia’s pendant out of his pocket and it immediately started to shine. As it happened before, the portal started to open. It was amazing to see how much power this pendant had. Some other nights, Alex tried to open the portal using his own Pony magic but he only managed to create a small fissure, so small only a little cat would fit. Alex started to walk towards it but before going in, he looked back one more time.

“This is not a goodbye Steven …”

After that, he disappeared into the shining light.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Crystal Empire, Celestia was having a drink with Cadence and Luna. Suddenly, she felt shivers down her spine; she dropped her cup on the floor and closed her eyes.

“Sister! Are you alright?” Luna shouted.

“The magical alarm . . .” she muttered to herself.

“What? Did you say something Aunt Celestia?” Cadence asked while checking if Celestia was feeling ok. “No, I didn’t say anything. I’m just a little tired that’s all!”

“Well, if you say so” Lune replied “You really scared us, are you sure you are feeling ok now?”

“I’m sorry if I scared you” She answered “But I’m sure there is nothing else to worry about … not anymore.”

Celestia smiled and used her magic to pick up her cup from the floor “Now do your aunt a favor Cadence and give me a little more of that delicious tea you prepared for me!”

“Definitely!” Cadence replied.

“You definitely took your time my friend” Celestia said to herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex was walking through the Everfree Forest; it was quiet and dark. He decided to spend the night in the sister’s castle. He arrived and looked around making sure nopony was there; the place was really dark and silent which made him really nervous, he put on his hood and got ready for anything. He stood still, trying to feel the reason for his uneasiness.

Three Timberwolves jumped out from the dark corners of the castle and attacked.

Alex chuckled.

The Timberwolves were stopped mid-air as they were blinded by a bright light. When they opened their eyes to see their prey, it was gone. But instead of the creature standing on its two legs, there was a unicorn whose horn was shining bright. The Timberwolves growled and charged all at once. It didn’t take more than the blink of an eye for them all to be cut into hundreds of pieces, making it impossible for any of them to regenerate.
Alex was breathing heavily “This… This is exactly what I wanted … but, I must keep practicing …” He managed to get to one of the rooms and got into bed. Taking his Meta pendant off and turning into human immediately. He was exhausted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a very good night of sleep, Alex woke up. He was feeling great. He got up and unpacked some food that he had brought with him. Still thinking about what to say to everypony, Alex put his pendant on again and decided that the next best thing to do would be to go to Ponyville just to get acquainted with the things that had happened while he was away; he also decided it would be a great idea to visit Zecora.

After a long walk, Alex reached one of his first destinations. The cottage of the most beautiful Pegasus in all of Equestria. He waited for some minutes, trying to see if there was any movement inside the place “maybe she went out with her friends” He said to himself “Ok, I’ll try to come back here later.”

As he was getting closer to Ponyville, he started to notice something. The whole place was silent. When he arrived, he confirmed that the town was empty. Every store and house was closed. Nopony was there to do the regular things they used to do. He noticed a piece of paper hanging on one of the doors which read: CLOSED DUE TO THE EQUESTRIA GAMES.

“Equestrian games?” He remembered hearing Rainbow Dash saying something about it.”How could they leave the whole place unprotected?” Alex tried to get close to the door but a magic barrier stopped him at some inches from it “So, that’s it! The Princesses have magically sealed every house!” Alex laughed at this “Well, I’m glad to see they are not that naïve…”

He started to think about a good place to spend the night since there wasn’t any way for him to get inside his friend’s houses. He looked around wondering about where the Games could take place. “Maybe in Canterlot!” he said to himself “Still, that place is really far away from here. I wouldn’t be there before night even if I could fly. The best thing I can do is to go to the train station and see if I can either spend the night there or catch the train”. After grabbing his stuff, he started trotting towards his new destination.

When he arrived at the station, he noticed there were some ponies around. He approached one of them and asked “Hey! Are you going to the Equestrian Games too?” The Pony smiled “Of course I am but I have to go pick a friend of mine first. You know how boring is to take the train to the Crystal Empire without having anyone to talk to, that’s a really long way to get there!” Alex laughed, pretending he knew what the pony was talking about “I know, I know. Do you know when is the next train coming?” He asked.

“Yeah! It should take like a couple of hours. There are still several other ponies that haven’t taken the train yet. And for sure nopony wants to miss the games!”

Alex and the Pony said goodbye to each other and went their own ways. He trotted around trying to find a nice place to eat something before the train arrived. He looked around and saw a lot of ponies were still there probably waiting for the same train as him.

After a couple of hours, he heard the train coming to the station. “All aboard!” the train driver shouted. Alex packed his stuff and got behind the other ponies that were getting on the train. “Passengers! By orders of Princess Celestia, the tickets to the Crystal Empire are free. Now, hurry up, we have a long road ahead of us!” The driver said before the train departed to its destination.

Alex trotted all the way to the last wagon and felt asleep. He was still feeling a little tired due to the thing that happened after he came across the Timberwolves. After several hours he heard the train driver letting everypony know that they had arrived at the Crystal Empire. He stood up and put on a robe, covering most of his face.

The train stopped and all of its passengers came out. Alex was amazed by the beauty of this city. The sight of the place was so amazing. The streets, the buildings, the castle at the distance, everything was made out of pure crystal. He left the train station and entered the town. The crystal ponies were just like the ones he saw back in the tournament, he liked this place; all cheerful and happy. It was obvious all of them were excited for these games; he wondered what kind of sports he would see.

Alex followed a big group of ponies; he asked them where the games would take place. They told him that they were heading towards the stadium and that he could come with them. When they arrived at the stadium, he noticed a long line of ponies at the entrance he also noticed how each pony was going through a strange machine before getting into the stadium. He heard other ponies talking about this machine and how it worked as a magic suppressor. When his turn came, Alex started to go through the machine, but noticed how his Meta pendant started to shine “Damn it! This thing will make me turn into human if I walk through it!” H jumped back, out of the machine. “Is everything alright sir?” the guards asked.

“Uh?. . Yeah, sorry! It’s just that I am scared of machines and this one seems to be damaged!”

“Why do you say that?” One of the guards asked.

“Come I’ll show you” Alex said.

When he and the guard walked inside the machine, Alex took of his Meta pendant. The bright light blinded most of the ponies around it who couldn’t notice him going back to his human form. Alex put the pendant on immediately, sending another wave of blinding light around him “This thing is going to explode!” He shouted. This caused fear on the surrounding ponies that ran away from the machine, giving Alex to get into the stadium without the guards noticing.

Once inside, Alex ran among the ponies that were inside. Making himself impossible to spot by any guard or anypony else who could have seen him getting in.

The place was awesome and enormous. There were games all around; some of them seemed like the Olympic Games from earth. After a couple of hours of trotting around the first games were announced. The first one was the flying relay race, Griffins and Ponies were competing. Amongst the participants, he recognized his friends Rainbow Dash, Bulk Biceps, Ditzy and Fluttershy!

Alex was speechless “I know Fluttershy likes races and all but… what is she doing there?” He decided to stay there and watch the entire race.

When the competitors started to fly, Fluttershy wasn’t on the last spots. She wasn’t as fast as Rainbow Dash but she wasn’t any slow either. When the race was over, Ponyville managed to get the silver medal. Alex was so proud of Fluttershy his eyes never looked away from her; she looked so pretty with her running clothes, he knew he had to get her heart back.

The final event was the flying archery competition using ice arrows. Alex was so curious to know how to make those arrows. During the contest, seemed Ponyville was going to win but then something happened, one of the contestants tripped and his arrow hit a cloud, it expanded and became like an iceberg that fell down the ground. Many Pegasus tried to stop it but it was just too heavy for them. With their magic being restricted by the machines at the stadium entrance, it was obvious that there was nothing they could do. Alex was worried about the Ponies that would be crushed by the falling Iceberg. He was about to jump in and use his magic when he noticed Spike had arrived. The dragon stood in the middle of the ground and roared, scaring some of the ponies around. His eyes glowed red as a he released a big fire blast that impacted the Iceberg. However, the speeding meteorite was too big; Spike would be unable to stop it by himself.

Alex jumped in.

“Spike stop! It’s too big! Let me help you!”

Spike turned his eyes and looked at the pony that was running towards him.

“A. . .Alex?”

Spike was shocked. He stopped his fire blast as his eyes grew wider. He knew this pony very well even though he was using a robe to cover his face. Alex looked up and his horn started to shine, he used some kind of magic to jump very high from the ground. The dragon was speechless; it was as if his friend was flying towards the falling ice. Alex shouted and emitted a green glow from his body. The light was condensed until eight ghostly-like blades formed around his back which looked like metallic wings. With a swift movement, Alex directed the blades towards the Iceberg, cutting most of it into small pieces. In less than a second, most of the Ice Mountain was nothing more than snow falling from the sky.

Everypony started to cheer for the unknown pony that had saved their lives. Amongst these ponies, all of his friends, the princesses and his loved one immediately recognized him! Alex landed in front of Spike.

“Spike, now melt the rest of it!”

The dragon was hypnotized but followed Alex’s order and breath an enormous blast of fire that exploded at the impact of the remaining ice. A tear came down his cheek; the emotion Spike felt at that moment was so huge, it made him breathe a huge fireball like never before. The crowd started to cheer for both of them. When the ice was completely melted, Spike looked down, but Alex was gone.

The Princesses landed next to Spike. They needed to check if he was fine. When they stood next to him, Spike was shaking “You saw him? You saw him? It was him! We need to find him!”

“Yes Spike we all saw him! Don’t worry, leave this to me! GUARDS! Find that brave unicorn and bring him here, don’t harm him. DID YOU HEAR ME?”

The Guard Captain ran as close to the Princesses as he was allowed and bowed down.

“But Princess, you saw that magic he used. What if he wants to use it against us?”

“Don’t worry; I doubt he will use it to harm you or any of us. Only use force if necessary but please bring him back safely!”

The guards nodded and went after him. But their target was very far away from them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Damn it! Damn it! Why did I do that? Now all of them know I’m here, I need to escape and fast! I’m not ready to talk to them . . . not yet”

Alex was running away as fast as he could. Making sure he was avoiding anyone who could possibly recognize him. The best he did was to get back to the train and get into one of its wagons.

“I knew I had to help but I have to be more careful. I… Godammit! I’m still very tired, this spell is exhausting… I really need to rest…”

Alex was about to fall asleep, hidden between the stuff on the wagon when he heard something that woke him up immediately.

“Sir! Sir! Did you see any yellow mustard unicorn with dark mane going into the train?”

Alex’s eyes widened as he recognized the voice; there was no doubt, it was Fluttershy.

“Sorry miss but no, I’d certainly remember every passenger that...”

“Oh! Ok . . . thank you sir” She said.

Fluttershy turned around and started trotting back to the city. Alex closed his eyes “I am sorry Fluttershy but I just can’t do this n…” a sudden shout made him open his eyes.

“ALEX! IF YOU ARE HERE PLEASE, COME OUT! I. . . NEED YOU!”

Alex’s eyes widened. The sound of her voice quickly vanished; it was replaced by the sound of somepony crying. Alex felt his heart was breaking, he wanted to come out and hug her; he missed her so much but, he wasn’t ready for this.

“Miss are you ok?” Heard the train driver talking to Fluttershy.

“Yes, I’m ok … it’s just that I’d love to … forget it …” Those were her last words as she spread her wings and flew away from the train station. Away from Alex.

“Kids these days” The driver said “Alright passengers … we’re going back to Ponyville now!”

The train started to move, Alex and Fluttershy were so near but so far away.

Alex woke up after some hours later when the train stopped at its destination. Carefully, he left the wagon without being noticed. Ponyville was still looking like an abandoned city, but Alex knew most of the ponies would be back to their homes on the next day. He started his way back to Sister Castle when he was stopped by a sudden realization “They saw me, Rainbow Dash will definitely look for me in that castle!” I thought about spending the night hidden at the station but decided to go back to the caste and as careful as he could to avoid being caught by his friends.

He finally arrived at the castle and made sure nopony was there. He got inside and grabbed his stuff. He ate something and made sure not to leave any traces of food around. After packing everything he decided to stay awake in case his friends decided to come searching for him.

He spent the whole night walking in circles. Having good and bad thoughts about the things he did and the ones he could have done. There was nothing he could do to avoid his thoughts, alone in the dark, he closed his eyes. Knowing very well what he had to do the next day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, the Friendship Express arrived at Ponyville. Many ponies were already missing their homes and the beautiful town of Ponyville. Amongst these ponies, there were others that were not feeling that happy. One of the, Rainbow Dash, was one of the most impatient.

“Oh C’mon girls! We must start early!”

“Easy sugarcube, yah heard Twilight, we need to formulate a plan. It’s Alex who we are talking about, he won’t be any easy to find and besides, he could be back on Earth by now, remember he now can come and leave as he pleases!”

Rainbow Dash kick a stone, Applejack was right; Alex had a lot of time to hide from them and to go as far as he wished. Fluttershy was in the group too, she was to quiet and hadn’t say a single word during their travel back to Ponyville.

“Hey Fluttershy” Pinkie Pie said “Are you ok?”

Fluttershy looked up and noticed all of her friends were surrounding her.

“Oh!. . Don’t worry girls. . I’m fine!”

“Please Fluttershy; you know you can tell us how you feel. That’s why we are friends after all!”

Fluttershy looked at Pinkie Pie for a second until she couldn’t hold it anymore; she hugged Pinkie and started to cry.

“My . . . my words didn’t reach him, now I’m sure, he hates me!”

Everypony started to share some tears. They knew Fluttershy’s heart was truly broken.

“Please darling, don’t say that! You know he loves and cares for you. He is just a little confused; remember he departed when the situation was too favorable. I’m sure he is just scared to face us, but let’s be happy! He finally came back and you were right all this time!”

“I guess so, thanks Rarity” Fluttershy replied as she wiped off her tears.

“You are welcome darling, and no more tears ok? You don’t want Alex to look at his marefriend with her beautiful eyes all red because she had been crying!”

Fluttershy nodded she knew Rarity was right.

Eventually, the girls took separate ways to go back to their homes but before doing that, they decided to meet later, in order to organize their search so they could find Alex.

Fluttershy was walking happily, she was still sad but the happiness in her heart was growing bigger. She arrived at her home and got ready to have some rest but after closing the door behind her, she turned around and found something shocking. Scratches all over the floor and walls, even on the roof. All of her birds were in cages; her bear friend was tied up with a rope. Even her Angel bunny was inside a cage. But the most shocking thing was right in the middle of the room.

“Welcome home . . . my little shy pony!”