• Published 4th Feb 2015
  • 6,224 Views, 551 Comments

Friendship is Life - alejin



After managed to keep living, Alex is back to have more adventures in Equestria and try to find out if he wants to stay or not, welcome to Friendship is Life!.

  • ...
24
 551
 6,224

S2, Chapter 8, Final Amends

Author's Note:

Ok, Here you go! We are sorry for the delay. we hope you like this chapter. please comment.

PLEASE READ THIS

I need to give an special announcement. My editor of this story and me decided to take a little break of this story, most of all for the holydays and to think carefully the plot of the next ark. we really apreciate your understanding and we promise to come back in January or February at least. I want to thank every one of you for your comments and PM of support and I promise to return with an epic ark for Alex last adventure, I'm not sure If I'm going to do the same with my other story but probably I will.

In the future I will send a special blog to make an special Christmas pic with OCs. stay tuned for that. thank you very much again for your support and sorry for this little hiatus. stay cool!

“For the saviours of Equestria!”


“HURRAY!”


“For the amazing Elements of Harmony!”


“HURRAY!”


Alex, Spike and Discord were celebrating their friends victory over Tirek. They were discussing about how the girls had defeated one of the biggest threats to Equestria in a long time. Right after defeating Tirek, the girls flew all over Equestria, each one of them in a different direction; it seemed that by doing this, they were restoring all of the magic that was taken away from everypony.


“It seems everypony is getting their magic back, I bet it’s the girls” Alex said.


“You are absolutely right Alex” Discord replied.


“... By the way” Alex, sounded a little reluctant “Thank you for bringing me here…”


Discord looked down and didn’t say a word.


After some minutes the girls returned; Alex, Discord and Spike started to feel physically better. Their magic had returned. Alex was picked from Discord’s back by no other than Fluttershy using her magic.


She brought her boyfriend to her and when he was close enough, she kissed him.

“Fluttershy - Alex said - I didn’t know you could be this… aggressive while kissing”


“There are many things you don’t know about me Alex; but don’t worry, we have a whole life for you to learn about them!” They laughed and started kissing each other again.


---


On their way back to Ponyville, they saw something odd, the crystal box that had awakened their new powers was floating towards Ponyville, looking like it had a mind of its own. It landed on a plain area and buried itself deep into the ground. What happened afterwards was even stranger, a huge crystal castle started to emerge from the ground, it had Twilight’s cutie mark on the top.


The group flew towards the castle. They landed in front of it, admiring its beauty. Suddenly, and to everypony’s surprise, the girls started to revert back to their normal appearance.


Alex, got behind the girls and started glowing his horn without anypony noticing.


- - - - - -


“Oh sweet Celestia! Are you all seeing what I’m seeing” Rarity asked.


“Yeah, but whose is it anyway?” Twilight wondered.


“I believe it is yours Princess Twilight” a motherly voice came from behind them, everypony turned around and was glad to see that the three Alicorn princesses were safe. It was a kind reunion but after a short while, all of them noticed somepony was missing.


“Hey! Where is he?” Rarity asked a little panicked.


“Where is who?” Luna asked.


“Ali! Where are you Ali?” Pinkie Pie screamed.


“Ali?” Luna asked “Who is Al. . . you. . .you don’t mean?”


“Yes Princess Luna, we are talking about Alex! He was here a minute ago!”


The three Princesses gasped, everypony started looking around for him. Without them noticing, Alex had transported himself away into some nearby bushes, even though his friends helped him, the truth was that he was still a little weak, he decided to wait for the right moment to run away.


“I am sorry for doing this, but I just can’t face them right now” He said to himself.


Alex closed his eyes for a couple of seconds until a voice shouted:


“Ali! You said you were here to stay! YOU PINKIE PROMISED!”


Alex opened his eyes and looked at his friends, he noticed how Pinkie Pie was again in tears, that sight was enough to break anybody's heart.


Alex didn’t know what to do, he was really scared of facing the princesses.


“You know what to do...” Alex heard someone whispering in his ear. He smiled “Yeah. . . I guess I know, thanks Angela”


Alex glowed his horn again as he disappeared from the bushes he was hidden in.


-----


“How could you, how could you break a Pinkie Promise?” Pinkie continued repeating this while crying on the ground. However, someone started stroking her mane.


“Do you really think I would break a Pinkie Promise?”


She raised her head and saw the one consoling her “Ali!”


“Well, unless you know another good looking human named Ali around here!”


Everypony was so happy to see him again, a group hug was inevitable.


“Oh sugarcube, we thought yah maybe escaped again!”


“Yeah! don’t you dare do that to us like that again, do you hear me?” Rainbow dash said while trying to hold her tears.


“Sorry girls; to be honest, I was really going to escape again. I’m really scared to face the princesses. But a Pinkie Promise is a Pinkie Promise.”


Princess Celestia and Cadence approached the group. Alex looked at them coming at him; he was really scared. What were they going to say to him? When the princesses were in front of him, he immediately started to speak:


“Hi Princess Celestia, Cadence, It’s been a whi...”


He was unable to finish his sentence. Both princesses hugged him “You don’t need to say anything - Cadence said - welcome home my dear friend!”


“Thank you so much, it feels really good to be home” Alex answered while he tightened his arms around them.


“You really took some time off, didn’t you - Princess Celestia said - but I’m really glad you are back!”


“I know - Alex replied - but there were some things I needed to do before I came back…”


“No need to explain my friend - Cadence said - but I believe there is somepony you need to see immediately, don’t you think?”


Alex knew exactly who it was; he noticed Luna, who was standing behind Celestia. She was just looking at him. When their eyes met, Alex noticed the look in her eyes was from someone that was really upset.


“Wow, is she that angry with me?” - He asked.


“Well - Cadence replied - she surely is a little angry, but I think it’s something else, go talk to her Alex; she needs it”


Alex hoped for the best and started walking towards her. When he was close enough, he extended and touched her mane.


“It’s been a while Luna… How are you?”


There was no reply. Lune didn’t say anything; she wasn’t even looking at him.


“You look good, you mane is beautiful as always…” Luna was still looking away. Alex let go off her mane “Ok…” he said before extending his arms and hugging Luna.


“I’m sorry Luna, I’m sorry for leaving you, for leaving everypony, I’m sorry for being a horrible friend and hurting you!”


Luna heard him loud and clear. Even though the thoughts in her head were telling her to beat Alex to a pulp for all of the suffering he had caused them with his disappearance, it was her heart who took control of her. She looked at him and hugged him too. Alex felt her tear falling on his shoulder, but didn’t say a single word.


“Don’t you ever do that to me again, do you hear me? Or swear I will hunt you in your dreams forever!”


After they reconciled, the whole group went into the new castle. Everything inside it was very beautiful and Twilight’s cutie mark was all over the place. It was inside this castle that Twilight understood what her role as a princess was, the Princess of Friendship, her duty: bring the power of friendship to every creature in all of Equestria.


Twilight started telling the princesses how they defeated Tirek, the fight, the magical chest, their magical beam, etc. Celestia smiled and turned to Alex:


“Thank you Alex, thank you for helping us protect the inhabitants of Equestria!”


“No problem Prin. . .”


“Call me Celestia. That is fine, and you know it” She smiled at Alex which nodded.


Suddenly, they heard several ponies coming to the castle. They surely were all of Ponyville’s citizens. As the group was coming out of the castle to greet the citizens, Alex was about to put on his metapendant but was stopped by Fluttershy who shooked her head while smiling at him. He smiled and nodded, grabbing her wing; the couple walked outside next to the group.


Outside the castle, all ponyville citizens were reunited; when everypony came out, they immediately bowed to their rulers and the second later started to cheer for the heroes: all of the mane 6 waived their hooves, Rainbow couldn’t help to fly and pose for the photos from the ponyville reporters. Alex was a little nervous before reaching the group outside.


When they finally were in front of the citizens, the cheers stopped. All of them started to look at Alex, he couldn’t help to feel cold sweat coming down his head. What would Ponyville think about him? Did Bright Courage manage to poison their judgment with his words? Were they going to start a mob and expel him from this place? He knew the princesses and his friends would not let that happen but still, he wasn’t sure if his heart would endure this kind of rejection.


They kept looking at him for several seconds which felt like forever. Finally, a little filly who stepped out from the crowd started to trot towards Alex; a very well known filly: Sweetie Belle.


Alex was scared, he knew how much he had disappointed her after he abandoned everypony. Maybe she was here to tell him how horrible he was. When Sweetie Belle was in front of him, Alex kneeled down, using all of the strength he could gather, he spoke to her:


“Hey Sweetie Belle, how have you been?” ...


Alex noticed she still didn’t have a cutie mark - Still looking for your cutie mark I believe? - He felt so stupid after saying this. He remember how important this was to her.


“Well… All I can say is that I am really sorry about everything i did… it’s good to see you little pony. Please take care of yourself…” Since there wasn’t any response from her, Alex knew the best thing to do was to go back to the group. He stood up and started walking back to where Fluttershy was.


Sweetie Belle looked at Alex walking away from her; her heart started to ache, she knew she had to act quick, but even though she wanted to say something, it seemed like her voice had left her. She believed she had no right say a word, she turned her back to her brother on that tournament. She wasn’t there to support him when he faced that mad Minotaur, how could she make it up for that? Every second Alex was getting far and far away from her; but she didn’t want that, right after tears started running down her cheeks, she found her voice.


“Brother” - she said, almost whispering.

Alex stopped and turned around immediately.


“What… what did you say?”


Sweetie Belle couldn’t help it anymore and ran towards him and started to scream:


“Brother! Please don’t go!! Please forgive me! PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME AGAIN!”


Alex felt these words like knives cutting deep in his heart.


“Sweetie Belle, aren’t you mad at me?”


“Mad? I’M FURIOUS! But. . .Oh! brother I wanted to see you again so much! Please… Never leave me again and please forgive me for being a bad sister, I don’t care what happened in that tournament. I was and I will always be proud to be called your sister, sorry for what I did, please forgive me! Please don’t go away again!”


Alex couldn’t say anything, he hugged her and started to cry. She felt her brother’s warmth and knew he had forgiven her. No more words were needed to say, they both knew their bond was as good as new, even stronger than before.


The remained like that for a long time. Some of the ponies that were gathered in the place started to cry. They knew how these two felt towards each other. Suddenly, the crowd started to cheer for them, everypony was applauding for this reunion. Alex was speechless. How could they not be mad at him after they saw him killing a Minotaur in the tournament?


Mayor Mane came out of the crowd. He made a signal and everypony became quiet.


“Alex did you really think we would blindly listen to a killing Minotaur instead of trusting our friend and true hero?”


“Well… I… ”


Lyra got close to him:


“Alexis, you need to start having more faith in us. I don’t know what other cities may think about you, but you can be sure that Ponyville is with you until the end.”


Everypony nodded and started to cheer for the human. Even though it seemed impossible to believe, it was real. Alex felt on his knees and cried harder than before. The words he just heard took a lot of weight off of his shoulders.


“Man! It’s really so good to be home” he said to himself. He stood up, and reunited with the group. It was now the time to celebrate Tirek’s defeat.