• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 610 Views, 13 Comments

The Season's Sound - Autumn breeze24



Scootaloo is walking home from school and enters the Everfree forest to escape a lecture from her mother. What she finds there will change her life forever. (In this story Scoots has already been adopted by Fluttershy.)

  • ...
23
 13
 610

First Date

It had been two days since the most recent catastrophe occurred in Ponyville. A giant Ursa Major had ransacked the town and nopony could do anything to stop it. That was until one young colt stood up for those that he cared about and defeated it, a feat that nopony had ever achieved save for the alicorn princesses. As this young colt battled the beast he too gained that status of alicorn.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It had been two days since Autumn had become the alicorn of change. He had been afraid that he would have to have royal duties too, but thankfully since he was still so young he didn't have to do anything like that. He tried yet again to turn the pea in front of him into a lizard for the fourth time that day. Now that he had a horn he had to learn how to do magic and Twilight had agreed to teach him partly because he was her son and partly because nopony else was qualified enough to teach him (at least in her opinion) on one condition, he could not use his alicorn magic during their lessons. Even though he had been using that magic since he was 7 years old and there really wasn't any danger of him losing control of it she still said that it was to dangerous. Sparks flew from his horn and he finally succeeded in turning the pea into a lizard like he was supposed to. Smiling happily and with pride in his eyes he trotted over to his mom the levitating the lizard floating after him through the air. "Mom look look I did it I finally did it!" he said beaming up at her his face full of pride.

She inspected the lizard critically and mumbled aloud more to herself than anypony else "It's a little smaller than I would like, but...." She trailed off as she spoke and then she looked at Autumn. The excited and proud look that had been on his face only moments before was now one of disappointment and sadness. She suddenly realized that she must have spoken her internal and critical thoughts aloud. "Oh no, sweetheart I didn't mean that. You are doing extremely well for having never even gone to magic kindergarten." Twilight said as Autumn looked at her with a small smile. She could tell that he knew that she was just saying that because she didn't want him to be unhappy. Twilight had an idea and said "How about this? Earlier in the week you asked me if you could have some money to get a bite to eat with somepony. How about I give you the money so that you can go? Would that cheer you up?" Autumn nodded with a smile on his face. Twilight reached into a purse that contained a small amount of bits. She counted out what it contained. It had 36 bits. "Alright 36 bits should be enough for you and one other pony to go get a bite to eat and maybe get a few other things at the store." Twilight said as she gave Autumn the purse full of coins. "Just make sure that you're home before 10 o'clock." yelled Twilight as Autumn ran out the door excitedly. Twilight shook her head and chuckled to herself at his ability to go from extremely sad to extremely happy in seconds much like Pinkie Pie could.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Autumn arrived at Fluttershy's cottage 4 hours later and knocked loudly on the door. He stood there for a minute in silence and then he heard the lock click open and then the door opened to reveal the pony who he most wanted to see at that moment. "Scootaloo! Hey I just came-came here because I wanted to ask you a question!" said Autumn breathlessly.

"Autumn what are you doing here I thought you were studying magic with Twilight." said Scootaloo as she looked at Autumn. As always his hair was a mess of purple, black, and crimson and she could tell that he had ran here as fast as he could to see her. They were about the same height though he was slightly taller than her.

"I was, but I finished early and... well.... I was just wondering.... well I was just wondering if... I was just wondering if you would like to go and get a bite to eat with me!" Autumn said rapidly. Scootaloo was stunned as she stared quietly at him. " I mean... it's just... well I managed to save enough up and I thought that maybe -" Autumn stammered.

Then suddenly Scootaloo shook herself out of the daze and then she said "Let me go ask my mom." Autumn fell silent and watched as she disappeared into the house. Autumn heard a few muffled words and then Scootaloo came back to the door with a smile on her face. "So what restaurant did you have in mind?" asked Scootaloo as she started to walk back towards town.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few minutes later Autumn and Scootaloo came to the schoolhouse. Scootaloo looked at Autumn with a confused look on her face. "I have a surprise for you." said Autumn in respond to her silent question. "Now put this blindfold on." said Autumn as he held a black cloth bandana out to a rather suspicious Scootaloo.

Scootaloo shrugged her shoulders and put the blind fold on. As Autumn started guiding her to the thing he had been setting up all day, he asked her if she remembered that afternoon in she spent with him in the grove the first day he went to her school. Scootaloo blushed slightly and nodded. A few seconds Autumn came to a stop and told her that she could take the blindfold off now. As she did so she was awe struck at the beauty of the scene before her. She was standing in the grove that Autumn had mentioned earlier except it was evening and a large path west had been cut through the trees revealing that the grove was actually a hilltop. Then she noticed the dining table with candles the design of which had been so natural that she didn't even notice at first and she might not have noticed it at all if not for the wonderful meal set out on it. Autumn walked over to the table and pulled out a chair and gestured for her to sit in it. "A-Autumn h-how did you afford to buy all this?" asked Scootaloo as she sat down.

"I made most of it by hoof and used my magic to do what I couldn't do myself physically. So I actually ended up not spending very much." Autumn said as he chuckled. "Now if you will excuse me for just a second..." said Autumn as he walked behind a tree. A second later a flash of purple light streaked out from behind the tree shortly followed by Autumn who to Scootaloo's great surprise was now in a black tuxedo with a clean red silk shirt underneath it. "I managed to make this at Rarity's boutique with a little help. The table and chairs are made from one of the trees that I cut down with some help from Applejack and her brother Big Macintosh and all the food was made with some help from Pinkie Pie." said Autumn as he walked over to the table and sat down in the other free chair and served Scootaloo and himself the first course.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment