• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 610 Views, 13 Comments

The Season's Sound - Autumn breeze24



Scootaloo is walking home from school and enters the Everfree forest to escape a lecture from her mother. What she finds there will change her life forever. (In this story Scoots has already been adopted by Fluttershy.)

  • ...
23
 13
 610

The Two Sisters

Twilight woke up to the smell of pancakes again. It had been three days since Autumn had met his new family. She got up and stretched out her legs and checked her morning schedule. Twilight and Autumn had agreed on a morning routine and schedule. She had been expecting that during this trip the schedule would be thrown out the window (so to speak), but to her great surprise he stuck with it every day and ever one time got up early and made everypony breakfast in bed. Twilight had as with most days during this week, woke up to the smell of pancakes, but something was different this time in how they smelled. Cinnamon? thought Twilight. She couldn't be sure unless she tasted them, but she swore that she could smell cinnamon. As Twilight clambered down the stairs the smell got stronger and stronger.

She entered the kitchen to see a scene that was truly heart warming. Her mom Red Velvet and Autumn were in the kitchen singing and cooking breakfast together. Her mom was helping Autumn (who was standing on a stool to reach) pour the batter on the griddle when she noticed Twilight watching from the door. "Go ahead and sit down dear the pancakes will be done in a minute." said Velvet pointing with a free hoof at a chair at the kitchen table. " Autumn go and wake up your aunt and uncle for breakfast. I'll finish up the cooking." said Velvet as Twilight sat down in the chair.

Autumn ran up stairs with a rather cheery "Okay!" and a few moments later the sound of two rather grumpy ponies being woken up could be heard. Then they heard Autumn say "Come on get up or you'll miss the pancakes!" A few moments later they heard a rather loud exclamation at of "PANCAKES!?!?!" and a duo of very groggy ponies coming trumping down the stairs followed by Autumn who much like Pinkie Pie was bouncing down the stairs after them.

Everypony wolfed down the rather small breakfast (some choking from eating to fast) and then they left for the castle. They arrived at the castle's main gate in a few minutes and proceeded inside. They got turned around once or twice, but in the end they made it to the great hall which was where the two sisters had said to meet them. As they entered the room they were greeted by the sight of a large banquet table filled with enough breakfast confections to feed a small army and the two princesses standing in front of it waiting to greet them. Twilight walked right up to the two alicorns and gave the taller white one a hug which to the interest of Autumn she returned. After the brief exchange Princess Celestia looked around for the young colt that Twilight had adopted and said "Now where is this young colt I have heard so much spoken about in your letters Twilight?" Autumn swallowed his fears and his doubts and walked forward to stand just a few feet away from the two alicorns and looked up at them almost with an air of defiance. Celestia saw this, but also noticed something in his eyes that would have been hidden from any normal pony. He was scared of her. Celestia kneeled down and whispered "Hey it's okay I'm not going to hurt you." At this Autumn gasped in shock at how easily this mare had saw through his facade. Then Celestia said aloud to the rest of the group "I hope you all are hungry because there is plenty to go around."

A few moments later they were all seated and eating. Twilight had worried that Autumn's manners wouldn't be up to the standards in Cantorlot, but to her great surprise he did extremely well. After they had all eaten they conversed among themselves. Autumn told Luna all about himself.

Autumn yawned mid-sentence at which Celestia asked her sister to take him to her chambers where he could rest until the party started. Twilight tried in vain to not accept the hospitality and kindness, but to no avail. So Luna and Autumn went upstairs and they stopped right outside Celestia's bedroom. "If you need anything, anything at all my room is just at the end of the hall." said Luna pointing at a dark blue door and then she left. Autumn entered the room and laid down on the bed, which was sooo soft that he fell asleep almost instantly.

Author's Note:

This is the 6th chapter in my story I hope that you enjoy it! Happy reading!:pinkiehappy: