• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 606 Views, 13 Comments

The Season's Sound - Autumn breeze24



Scootaloo is walking home from school and enters the Everfree forest to escape a lecture from her mother. What she finds there will change her life forever. (In this story Scoots has already been adopted by Fluttershy.)

  • ...
23
 13
 606

The Family

It had been two days since Twilight had adopted Autumn Song. She had written a letter to the princesses telling them the situation and they had written back that they would like to meet the young colt who had survived such an ordeal and that they wished to meet him next time she was in Canterlot. She also sent a letter to her parents telling them about Autumn Song. They at first replied with shock, but after she had more fully explained they asked to meet them this Saturday. Twilight had said yes and now it was Saturday. She hadn't told Autumn yet other than they were going to Canterlot. They packed their bags and boarded the train to Canterlot.

It took three hours to get to Canterlot. The ride was really boring on the way there so, Autumn and his Mom read the whole way there. Surprisingly Autumn could read extremely well for having lived most of his life in the Everfree forest so the both of them were rather happy to sit and read. However Autumn prefered for her to read to him they read separately instead. No matter what he read Autumn couldn't seem to get something out of his head. " Why are we going to Canterlot Mom?" asked Autumn.

Twilight put down her book and said " Well... How do I say this? Hmm.... Well we're going to meet my parent's who also happen to be your grandparents."

" Wait I have grandparents?!" asked Autumn Looking at Twilight with sudden interest. Twilight giggled at his reaction to the news and watched him bounce up and down a few times before answering.

" Yes you have grandparents and not only that, but an aunt and an uncle too!" said Twilight smiling at the evident joy on his face. Autumn seemed to be in awe at how fast he had gone from no family at all to having such a large family. Twilight watched him a little longer and then returned to her book to give him some space to think.

At first Autumn was joyful at the thought of having so many family members that he didn't know at all yet. Then it hit him. He didn't know them at all and they didn't know him at all. Then he started to worry to himself. What if they don't like me? No! What if they don't just not like me, but they HATE me!. He went on and on like this the whole ride there.

As the train came to a stop and they started to leave Twilight noticed that Autumn was not only being suspiciously quiet, but when she turned and looked at him he was mumbling to himself with a very worried look on his face. When she asked him what was wrong he would reply with " Nothing!" in a startled tone. As they left they noticed that he seemed to be searching for somepony or something in the crowd. It can't be thought Twilight realizing what was making him so worried.

"Hey it's okay I just know that they will love you." said Twilight to the complete surprise of Autumn. "Oh! Here they come now!" said Twilight pointing at a group of four ponies causing Autumn (in his distraught state that he was in) to hide behind her.

"Hi Twilight!" said Twilight's mother Red Velvet as they approached her. "And where might my grandson be?" she said looking around for the young colt.

At this Autumn peeked out from behind his mother. "They certainly look and sound nice." thought Autumn to himself. Then Autumn summoned up the courage to step out and walked up to the four ponies. " Um... Hi." said Autumn cautiously waiting with his eyes closed for them to yell that they hate him or something similar.

But to his complete surprise he suddenly heard Red Velvet say "Oh you poor thing I didn't even think about how scary it must be to meet new family members." Then just as surprisingly and swiftly Autumn was enveloped in a warm and soft hug. That was when he realized that he had started to cry and he returned the embrace. "Lets head home we have lots planned for this week." said Red Velvet walking in the direction of the city. As they followed her to her house she and his mother caught up with each other and he thought to himself "Thank you for being kind." As he followed the red mare that was his grandmother he shed a few tears, but of a different kind. Tears of joy.

Author's Note:

Thank you for being patient I'm not very good with awkward social situations. I hope you enjoy this chapter.