• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 589 Views, 24 Comments

Life in Ponyville:New Town, New Beginnings - SeaBreeze173



A young pegasus moves to Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 24
 589

Chapter 8: The Best Night Ever

It was the day of the dance. Sea woke up early, something that surprised both Angus and Amethyst, especially with it being a Saturday.

“Whoa there, Pal,” Bass laughed as his eldest daughter raced past him, her dog sleepily plodding along several paces back.

“Sorry Daddy! C’mon Angus, hurry up!” Sea called to the canine, which had collapsed in the hallway on a pile of laundry that Amethyst was sorting.

“Hi Winona,” Sea said happily, looking out the open kitchen door. Angus quickly popped up, now wide awake from hearing the Border collie’s name. He dashed to the door where Sea was standing, running outside, looking everywhere for his crush.

“Ha! Got you!” Sea laughed as the dog grumbled, angry at his owner for so cruelly tricking him.

“You’ll get over it. Now hurry up!” Sea gestured with her hooves towards the dog’s favorite tree. If Angus could had rolled his eyes, he would had done it several times.
~~~

“Ugh, when did Sea get all…girly,” Lightning commented as he watched his sister swiftly fly off to Carousel Boutique that afternoon.

“Don’t look at me. It’s Bolt’s fault,” Junie replied, sticking her tongue out.

Sea sat patiently in Rarity's room while the unicorn perfectionist fussed over Sea's mane, which was even more unruly than usual. Sea felt as if her head was going to get pulled off from all the brushing and styling her poor mane was going through. It was obvious to Rarity that the pegasus rarely thoroughly brushed her mane out, almost like another pegasus she knew. After feeling as if it was taking forever, Rarity finally brushed out the last tangle and began on Sea's makeup, adding just a little bit of pink blush on her cheeks and a good amount of the silver eyeshadow from before.

"You are going to knock Bolt right off his feet, Darling," Rarity said as she brushed mascara over Sea's eyelashes. Sea didn't say anything, just smiled shyly and blushed. "He does know to pick you up here, right?"

"I told him yesterday. He should be here soon," Sea replied, glancing at the clock on the wall. It read seven o'clock. The dance started in a little over thirty minutes.

"Finished!" Rarity exclaimed, laying the mascara on her vanity."Let's go show you off," the unicorn grabbed Sea's hoof and brought her to the stair case.

“Introducing, the beautiful Sea Breeze!” Rarity exclaimed. Sea's family, along with Twilight and the rest of the Elements, had come over a few minutes before to send Sea off to her first dance. As the pegasus came into view, she was met with an abundance of oohs and aahs.

“Do you guys like it?” Sea asked, twirling around so that the skirt would flutter outward.

“Like it? Sea, you’re gorgeous!” Twilight said in awe.

“My baby’s growing up,” Bass tried to hold the tears back.

“Aw, Daddy. I’ll always be your baby,” Sea hugged her tearful father.

“I know, Pal,” Bass smiled down at his daughter.

“Breezey! You look like a princess!” Junie called out cheerfully.

“Thanks, Kid.” Sea smiled, giving her sister a noogie.

Knock Knock Knock

“That’s Bolt!” Sea grinned as Bass walked up to the shop door. Bolt was in a black tuxedo with a white dress shirt underneath and a bow tie the same color of Sea’s dress that Rarity had given to him. He was holding a red rose in his wing.

“Good evening Mr. Tempo,” Bolt greeted, gulping slightly.

“Bolt, come in,” the colt complied and stepped into the shop, trying to keep from looking for his marefriend.

“Is Sea ready?” he asked.

“Hi Bolty,” Bolt glanced over Bass’ shoulder, his eyes widening when he saw Sea.

“Whoa, Sea. Is—is that you?”

“What do you think?”

“I think you’re the prettiest mare I’ve ever seen,” Bolt sighed as Bass glared into the back of his head while the mares gushed in the corner. Sea Breeze blushed lightly as she grabbed her coltfriend’s hoof.

“C’mon, let’s go before Momma and the girls go crazy and Dad kills you,”

“Treat her good, now. I want her home by ten—ouch,” Bass winced as Amethyst poked him in the ribs, giving him a sideways glare. She turned back to the teenagers, smiling gently.

“You kids take your time. Have fun, Breezey,”

“Thanks, Momma. Bye Daddy!”

“Have fun. Pal.” Bass said sadly.
~~~

“Bolt! Sea Breeze! Over here!” Phoenix called. She and the rest of Bolt and Sea’s friends had already arrived. Phoenix had on a red dress that when well with her mane. Sweet Heart and Moon had on matching style dresses. Sweetie’s was purple, matching her eyes while Moon’s was silver. The stallions of the group all had black tuxedos, Stone having a purple bow tie that matched Sweetie’s dress.

“Wow Breezey, you look amazing!” The fillies surrounded their friend. Bolt moved over to his guy friends that were standing a few feet away.

“Dude, your girl looks hot,” Skye said.

“Yeah—Hey!”

“Hay is for eating, Bolt,” joked Skye, knowing exactly what his friend meant.

“Stone, control your brother,” Bolt growled.

“Sorry, bro, no controlling that numbskull. I’ve tried,” Stone facehooved.

“C’mon boys! Are we gonna stand here and chat or are we gonna DANCE!?” Phoenix shouted over.

The first few dances of the night were fast songs with a hard beat. Phoenix, being the most energetic of the group, enjoyed these the most. She and Red Knight owned the dance floor. Soon the music toned down a little bit, much to Bolt’s pleasure.

“Sea? May I have this dance?” Bolt bowed.

“You may,” the pegasus smiled, taking the colt’s hoof. Sea leaned into Bolt, resting her head on his shoulder while his hoof laid across her back. She saw that Stone had gotten Sweet Heart out on the dance floor. Skye had a filly Sea didn’t know swooning in his hooves. Phoenix and Red, who had become a couple a few weeks after Sea and Bolt, were sitting over at the tables, not being ones for slow dancing.
Moon Glow was with Phoenix and Red, talking about the fast approaching summer, when Glacier trotted up.

“Hey, Moonie,” Glacier smiled. He was not wearing his dark sun glasses and his light blue eyes were twinkling happily.

“Oh, hey,” Moon blushed lightly.

“I was wondering if you’d like to dance with me,” Glacier asked.

“Really? I’d love to!” Moon jumped up, grabbing the white colt’s hoof and pulling him to the dance floor.

“Whoa!” Glacier gasped, surprised by his friend’s excitement.

Sea giggled as she watched Moon whisk Glacier by. Soon the song ended and another fast paced one came on. The group, minus Phoenix, Red and Skye, sat at the tables scattered around the back of the school gymnasium.

“This has been the best night ever,” Sea sighed, leaning into Bolt's shoulder

“Yep,” Sweet Heart smiled, placing a small kiss on Stone's cheek.

“Hey girls! C’mon, dance with me!” Phoenix called over. The fillies looked at each other.

“Well?” Phoenix trotted over to her girl friends.

“Might as well. Nixie won’t stop until we do,” Moon laughed, getting up and pulling Sweetie and Sea with her.

“But—” Sea started, glancing at Bolt.

“Go on. Have fun!” He smiled.

The four friends danced with each other for several songs, Sea and Sweetie mostly swaying from side to side and nodding their heads to the beat while Moon and Phoenix danced wildly. After a few more slow dances and many fast ones, the night came to an end. The four couples and Skye, who was with another filly, a pretty little green and red earth pony named Wild Flower, went over to Sugarcube Corner, which had been kept open late for the dance. After their little snack the group disbanded, each of the colts taking their dates home.

“I had an awesome night, Bolty,” Sea cooed, leaning up against her coltfriend as they walked in cool spring night air.

“I’m glad you came, Sea. You’re certainly not the shy girl I met two and a half months ago,” Bolt smiled, leaning his head down so he could kiss Sea on the cheek.

“You’re too sweet,” the pegasus giggled.

“Only because I have you by my side,”

“Okay now you’re just being cheesy,”

“I thought you liked cheese,” Bolt joked.

“Love it.” The couple laughed together as they continued along the path to Sea’s house. There were several lights still on inside, signally that her parents, mostly likely Bass, was still up. Looking in the window, Sea saw her father and Angus sitting in the visiting room.

“Dad and Angus are still up. Probably waiting for 10:30 so that they can kill you,” Sea giggled.

“Please don’t joke about that stuff. You know I’m terrified of that dog, your father is just icing on the cake,” the colt shuddered.

“Just wait until you meet my uncle. You’ll really freak then,” laughed the mare. “Good night, Bolt. See you tomorrow?”

“Totally,” Sea kissed him on the cheek and went to open the door.

“Wait, Sea!”

“Huh—” Sea was cut off when Bolt swung her around, kissing her deeply on the lips for the first time. Sea’s eyes widened in shock at first, slowly closing them as she placed her hoof around Bolt’s neck, melting into his tender touch.

“I love you, Sea Breeze,” Bolt smiled, pulling away and flying off. Sea stood on the front porch, watching her coltfriend fly away. She turned around; fumbling with the door knob a few moments before she finally got it to open, floating into the foyer. Angus, hearing the door open, popped up off his bed and bounded into the foyer, coming to a stop when he saw Sea sitting with her back against the door with a dreamy look in her eyes.

“Hey, Pal, how was the—” Bass started as he came in with Amethyst trotting in from the kitchen. “Dance?” He lifted his brow, staring at his frozen daughter.

“It was great,” the mare sighed, standing up and going to her parents, hugging each and then floating up the stairs. Angus sat at the bottom, his head cocked sideways as he looked from his mistress to her parents, finally shaking his head and following Sea to bed.

“What was that about?” Bass asked his wife, as she tried to contain a squeal.

“I think I know,” Amethyst walked past her husband, flicking her tail against his face as she went up the stairs.

“Know what?” Bass contemplated. “Amethyst! What do you mean?!” His ears went up when he figured it out.
“THUNDER BOLT!!”

The End

Author's Note:

Slightly edited on June 26, 2015.

Comments ( 7 )

5694391 Thanks for the feedback. I am planning on going back over this book and the side story and edit/slightly rewrite them after I finish book 2. I greatly appreciate your help! :pinkiehappy:

5755351 My mom is a romance author so it just felt right making Amethyst one as well. I thought it fit pretty well since Rarity is made out to be the type of mare that loves romance and more than likely has a whole stash of romance books.

Fluttershy is my brother's favorite (don't tell him I said that:twilightoops:). I thinks just so adorable that a 13 year old colt would be star stuck from the beauty of the yellow Pegasus:rainbowkiss:

I'll fix that formatting problem as soon as my lap top decides that it will work. If I remeber correctly, it was indeed fine in the document. Must of been an error during the copy and paste. Thanks for catching that

5755534 I see how A Canterlot Wedding can be contradicting to this story, but I think what you said makes quite a bit of sense.
You don't know how long it took me trying to figure out the age difference I wanted between Sea, Twilight and the rest of the Mane 6. I figure they are all around the same age (19-22) I like to think that Rarity is the eldest of the 6, being 22, followed by Applejack at 21, Twilight, Rainbow & Fluttershy at 20, and Pinkie the youngest at 19. Others might think different and that's okay. Their ages are not made clear in the show so we have to come up with them to the best of our abilities.

I also have Shining Armor at around 28, which made him 8 and Twilight 3 when Sea was born. So about a 5 year age difference between him & Twi. I believe it's also said that he was the youngest to become the Captain of the Royal Guard. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a long time since I watched that episode. It might just be from a story I read and got it all mixed up. I do that sometimes:twilightsheepish:

5756201

I added the "I won't bite" part since that's usually what people say to me, since I'm a socially awkward girl.

I figured that ... I wasn't trying to imply that Thunder Bolt was being dirty-minded. I could explain the point I touched upon in further detail, but I'm afraid I might induce embarrassment. Suffice it to say that while the Ponies are anatomically much more flexible than real horses, they probably still default to ventral-to-dorsal male-to-female in coitus, which means that (even among virgins) the mare's neck and withers would be a major secondary erogenous zone and some sort of mouthing of them by the stallion very likely during actual intercourse. No, I don't think that's how Thunder Bolt meant it, nor did Sea Breeze see it that way or she would have been much more embarrassed than she was in the scene.

Yes, I suspected Sea Breeze is meant to be 17. She comes out as 18-19 in my chronology because I go June 21st 1500 - June 21st 1504 as the span between the S1 opener and the S4 opener. I could resolve this relative to my chronology either by pushing her age up or pushing the gap between her and Twilight down. In your chronology, I'm guessing there's no such issue. It's not that severe an issue anyway.

We won't know for at least another couple of weeks just how much space takes place between the end of S4 and the start of S5. We know that Rainbow Rocks takes place sometime in the interim, but we don't really know how long Rainbow Rocks took on the Equestrian side of the portal, nor do we know how much time intervenes between the end of Rainbow Rocks and the first activation of the Friendship Map.

My guesses for the ages of the Mane Six at Luna's Return were Applejack 22, Fluttershy 20, Pinkie Pie 19, Rarity and Rainbow Dash 18, and Twilight Sparkle 17. I made Applejack the oldest because she is the most emotionally mature of all six of them; Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie I dated relative to each other based on a comment Fluttershy once made about being a year older than Pinkie, Rainbow Dash younger based on her emotional immaturity, and Rarity I've always read as a curious mixture between precocious sophistication and a certain naivete (especially S1 Rarity, who makes assumptions and errors that she wouldn't later on in the show). Twilight Sparkle, of course, is a young well-born supergenius, and at once both the most comfortable in high society and the most innocent of many normal social interactions of all of them.

My mom is a romance author so it just felt right making Amethyst one as well. I thought it fit pretty well since Rarity is made out to be the type of mare that loves romance and more than likely has a whole stash of romance books.

(*nods*)

It also gives Amethyst Rose a good reason to maintain her close friendship with Twilight Velvet, who's an editor and publisher (at least in many fanons). And yes, I've always seen Rarity as the sort to love romance novels, too. She's pretty much living the life of a romance novel heroine as it is, even though the romance appears increasingly to be one inspired by Beauty and the Beast.

Yeah, figuring ages is difficult in-show, in part because of cultural differences between Equestria and present-day America. Specifically, Equestrians seem to become economically-productive younger and sexually-active later than is the norm in modern America or Britain (which is why I think their culture is more like that of America or Britain about 100-125 years ago, when people also started seriously working younger but having sex older than the present averages). To take an extreme case, Rainbow Dash is basically running Ponyville's Weather Patrol, but her opinion about romance is that she hates "mushy stuff" (which is essentially a preteen attidue). Granted, it's more accurate to say that Dashie is shy of talking about her own softer emotions, and in-show she's displayed clear romantic attraction toward two characters (Soarin' and Fluttershy), but it still says something about Equestrian mores that someone so obsessed with being cool would speak in such a fashion.

Aww, your fic made me smile!:heart:

5888219 thank you! I'm so happy you enjoyed it! In case you haven't seen them yet, I have 2 other fics in this series. 1 is a single chapter side story and the other is a multi-chapter story.

6016677 I think it's supposed to be he wouldn't hurt any pony. Thanks for catching that. I will fix it when I get home from work tonight.

Login or register to comment