• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 588 Views, 24 Comments

Life in Ponyville:New Town, New Beginnings - SeaBreeze173



A young pegasus moves to Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 24
 588

Chapter 7: Moving In


“Thanks for all your help, Bolt,” Amethyst smiled to the brown pegasus. The renovations on the family’s new house were finished and so they were moving all their belongings in. Twilight was sad to see the family leave, after spending six weeks at the castle, but she was glad that they would still be in Ponyville.

The two story house dated back fifty or sixty years. On the outside Amethyst had kept the weathered look, although she had the front porch fixed up. Inside, however, it was as if one stepped into a completely different home.

The foyer went up the full two stories, with a gorgeous chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The hardwood floors shone with polish. To the right was the visiting room, also hardwood, with an antique rug laying across the floor in the middle of the room. A coffee table sat on the rug. The couches and chairs had not yet been unloaded.

To the left of the foyer was the formal dining room, which already had a gorgeous table Sea’s grandmother had given them sitting in the middle of the room. Amethyst’s china cabinet stood at the far wall.

Straight ahead from the front door was the stair case leading to the four bedrooms, three bathrooms, along with Amethyst’s office. Along side the stair case was a hallway that went to the kitchen (Amethyst’s favorite room), the family room, Bass’ “stallion cave”, which doubled as a movie room, where he would keep his drum set and other stallion things, the laundry room and another half-bathroom.

“No problem Mrs. Rose,” Bolt politely smiled. Amethyst smiled back, saying,

“Sea, why don’t you and Bolt go take a break, we can finish moving the smaller things,” the mare pushed her daughter, who was trying to arrange a table in the visiting room a certain way, out the door to Bolt.

“But Momma, I need to—”

“Not buts, Breezey,”

“Fine. C’mon Bolty, let’s go to Sugarcube Corner.” Sea grabbed Bolt’s hoof. Angus tried to follow his mistress, still not trusting her coltfriend.

“No, Goose. Stay here with Lightning and Junie,” Sea pat the canine on his head. The dog’s ears went back and he made his eyes as big as possible, whimpering pitifully.

“I mean it. Stay.” the dog grumbled and plodded over to Junie, lying down on a thick beach towel that was his temporary bed.

“Good boy.” Sea smiled as her dog glared at the colt beside her.

“I don’t think he’ll ever like me,” Bolt sighed as he and Sea Breeze flew to the pastry shop.

“He may one day. That or he’ll still be trying to chase you away when he’s old and silver-faced,” the mare laughed as her coltfriend rolled his eyes.
~~~

“Hi Sea Breeze! Hi Thunder Bolt! What can I get ‘cha?” Pinkie Pie smiled, bouncing in place.

“Hi Pinkie. I’ll just have a vanilla milkshake and a chocolate chip cookie,” Sea smiled back at the hyper mare.

“I’ll take the same,” Bolt replied.

“Coming right up!” Bolt paid for their snacks and he and Sea trotted over to a booth by the door.

“Sea, can I ask you a question?” Bolt asked as Pinkie bounced up with the milkshakes and cookies.

“Go ahead,” Sea bit into her cookie. “I seriously need to ask Pinkie what her recipe is for these things.” She sighed. Pinkie’s cookies were the best cookies.

“There’s a dance at my school coming up,” Bolt stammered, trying to figure out a way to ask his question.

“Mmhmm?” Sea picked up her milkshake and took a few sips.

“So, I was wondering if you’d like to go? We don’t have—”

“I’d love to go”

“I mean I know how you don’t like th—wait, did you say ‘yes’?”

“Yep,” Sea smiled, flattered that Bolt was so concerned of her shyness.

“Really?!” Sea leaned across the table and kissed Bolt on his cheek.

“Does that answer your question?”

“Uh-huh.” Bolt sighed, his face in a goofy grin.

“You two are just too ADORABLE!!!” Pinkie gushed from behind the counter, having seen the entire thing. Sea laughed heartily at Bolt’s corresponding blush.
~~~

“You know this isn’t necessary, Momma,” Sea groaned as her mother pulled her along the streets of Ponyville.

“Nonsense, sweetie! This is a school dance., not to mention your first school dance! You have to look your best for Bolt,” Amethyst continued pulling her daughter to Carousel Boutique. "Trust me, dear, I know these things,"

“But—”

“No buts!” Amethyst reprimanded, opening the shop’s door. “Rarity! We have an emergency!” the mare called out. Since moving to Ponyville, Amethyst and Rarity had become close friends, despite their twenty-plus year difference in age.

“Amethyst! What a wonderful surprise. Hello Sea Breeze,” Rarity trotted into the room, her trademark red glasses perched on her muzzle. “What’s the emergency?”

“Breezey here is going to her first school dance, with Bolt!” Amethyst squealed while her daughter rolled her eyes. Sea wasn’t one for dressing up. The most she had ever worn was her favorite baseball cap, sun glasses and a bandanna. She did have several dresses for when she went out to fancy restaurants with her parents, but she never liked wearing them. To her dresses were too constricting and itchy, especially under her wing joints.

“EEEEEEEE!!!!” Rarity squealed as well, bouncing up and down with Amethyst. Sea was trying to subtly make her way to the door when a blue aura wrapped around her.

“Come along, Darling. Let’s get your measurements!” the seamstress said. Sea glared at her mother. “I hate you.”

“I know, honey,” Amethyst said absentmindedly, trotting behind the unicorn and her floating daughter.
~~~

Three painfully long hours later, Rarity snipped off the last thread. “Finished!” Sea gratefully stepped down from the pedestal, trotting over to one of the many mirrors, gasping when she saw her reflection. Rarity had even gone as far as to do her hair and add a little makeup to her already pretty face.

“Oh Breezey, you look absolutely stunning,” Amethyst smiled, wiping a few tears from her eyes.

Sea was in a simple green dress that brought out her emerald eyes. The skirt ended just above her hooves and flowed gracefully off her flanks. Rarity had brushed out all the kinks and tangles in Sea’s usually wind-swept mane and tail and styled them into beautiful wavy locks. Her mane had a small bow the same color of her dress to keep her bangs out of her eyes. On her face was a little pink blush. Her eyes were accented with glittery silver eye shadow and her already long lashes looked even longer curled and brushed with mascara.

“I know the dance is a couple days away, but I couldn’t resist doing your hair and makeup as well,” Rarity came up beside the young mare. “You can come a few hours before the dance and I can fix everything again if you like. I’ll even keep the dress for you,”

“Oh would you, Rarity?”

“I would be honored, Sea Breeze,” Rarity was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

“Thank you!”

“No…Problem,” the unicorn gasped

Author's Note:

The house description is of my dream home:raritywink: And the name Sea called Angus ("Goose") is my nickname for my Angus. He acts like a goose sometimes. He also makes a sound similar to a goose honk when he's happy or getting his ears rubbed. He's a crazy dog.
Next and last (:raritycry:) chapter will be out tomorrow.